Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2012 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
Luffy and Law!! OMG

Come, Doflamingo!
Nov 28, 2012 11:17 AM

May 2011
"Forget cutting Vergo, I'll cut the entire Island in half."

That's a Shichibukai for you, they were starting to lose face, but no more of that shit, right Law?

That speech to Doflamingo, the panels of Kidd, Apoo, Hawkins, Caeser, and Big Mam. I guess it's confirmed that Law and Kidd had a previous arrangement AND that the Yonkou they will take down is Big Mam, with Doflamingo being handled in the process.

Oh yeah, some respect points to Smoker, this was probably the worst match-up possible for him, but he hung in there. He's not your typical Logia-type.

Zoro: "The New World starts here"
Law: "That war was nothing more than a prelude"

5/5.
Kayaba-Nov 28, 2012 7:07 PM
Nov 28, 2012 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
I've always liked Smoker - an honest man in a totally corrupt world.

Thinking about Law, if he ever turns on the Strawhats only Zoro can face him, and I expect that even Zoro would take some serious damage.
Nov 28, 2012 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
dbaranyi said:
I've always liked Smoker - an honest man in a totally corrupt world.

Thinking about Law, if he ever turns on the Strawhats only Zoro can face him, and I expect that even Zoro would take some serious damage.

In all honesty, Zoro will lose. Don't get me wrong, Zoro is my favorite character lol, but seeing as how strong Law is and his DF ability, I dont think Zoro can win but can still put up a fight.

Can someone tell me about how Law can slash Vergo? Vergo was covered with the CoA Haki, in this way, DF abilities would have no effect. However, how did Law bypass that? Is it because he had the stronger Armaments Haki or his DF Ability became stronger? If it was the former, does that mean, the stronger Armaments Haki cancels the other? o_o

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 28, 2012 12:52 PM
Jul 2008
Last page gave me goosebumps
Nov 28, 2012 1:23 PM

Jun 2011
Did you hear that? The Marine was stockpiling in preperation for something big.

With Aokiji gone and Akainu being the fleet Admiral - I can´t wait to see what monsters replaced those two under his iron rule of "it ain´t justice if innocent people die for it". I mean what could possibly top a Magma and Ice Logia DF user?
Do you think there´s enough room for more Logia DF users as their replacements?

Afterall with the Supernova´s running amok, Blackbeard threatening the world and big Mom gathering a Zoan army...you´d think Akainu has some pretty badass boys under his hood.

As for the chapter - do I need to say anything? Okay, I´ll say that Toei, you better damn well animate Punk Hazard´s moments of glory the way they deserve to be animated. As I want to hear Law´s awesome VA giving us that speech while seeing it in some hi-res beauty a la OP:Z quality.

So Vergo might´ve wiped out Law´s crew...that means Bepo...is...oh man, it´s a sad world when a shy talking kung fu ice bear has to bite the dust.
Nov 28, 2012 2:05 PM

Feb 2011
Is it wrong that I'm seriously praying that Laws crew is dead? :D
He's just such a beast, would love for him to join the SH but know it wont happen.
Nov 28, 2012 2:21 PM

Aug 2010
Great chapter, Law stole the chapter. He really jumped in my ranks. I can't wait to see this all animated. Law cutting in the island in two was just awesome. And it was nice to see Ceasar get his ass kicked by Luffy.

5/5
Nov 28, 2012 2:24 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, I'm surprised!

I was ready to see the "WTF VERGO GETS 1HITSLICED" rage-comments.

Good to see that the general consensus is that Law is officially a badass.

Although Vergo isn't dead, if his ability is just armament, he really didn't have much going for him in this arc.
Nov 28, 2012 2:43 PM
Mar 2012
Can someone translate what it is in that image? It seems very importante:

http://img.mangastream.to/manga/one-piece/690/021.jpg
Nov 28, 2012 3:16 PM

Feb 2011
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

Although Vergo isn't dead, if his ability is just armament, he really didn't have much going for him in this arc.

His body was cut in half... We all saw it. There is absolutely no way he can survive this, even if he has a devil fruit...
Nov 28, 2012 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
Crazy theory of the day. Can you imagine if all the ex-supernovas unite to face a few big enemies and then decide to become one pirate fleet with one of them as the captain? After that they organize a fight to see who's gonna be the captain with Luffy rising on top.
I know it seem to much but if you remember Whitebeard didn't just have his ship but a whole fleet with pirate captains on each ship.

AnimePoop said:
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

His body was cut in half... We all saw it. There is absolutely no way he can survive this, even if he has a devil fruit...

Emm. Dude all people who get cut by Laws ability don't die. Look at how the samurai could stay alive while his body parts where scattered all over.
MonadNov 28, 2012 10:05 PM
Nov 28, 2012 3:27 PM

Feb 2011
Monad said:
Crazy theory of the day. Can you imagine if all the ex-supernovas unite to face a few big enemies and then decide to become one pirate fleet with one of them as the captain? After that they organize a fight to see who's gonna be a the captain with Luffy rising on top.
I know it seem to much but if you remember Whitebeard didn't just have his sheep but a whole fleet with pirate captains on each ship.

AnimePoop said:
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

Emm. Dude all people who get cut by Laws ability don't die. Look at how the samurai could stay alive while his body parts where scattered all over.

It looked like he used his devil fruit power along side his sword.
Seeing as he used his sword, I can't see how he'd survive...
Nov 28, 2012 5:19 PM

Mar 2012
I really like how Luffy doesn't give tiny fuck about the people with power.
I sometimes feel bad about Smoker, he's too weak to be among all these monsters. Sometimes I want him to be a monster too. The way he helped Trafalgar was cool and clever, I liked it. And talking about Trafalgar, seriously, that guy is just fucking awesome. I loved it how he sliced Vergo, I want to know what his trauma is though, another thing I want to know from One Piece. And ohh, Doflamingo's face at the end was my favourite. I don't doubt he's gonna make their lives a hell or something like that, but washing that stupid smile off of his face every now and then worth it.

AnimePoop said:

he always does that. he cuts things with his sword while fusing it with his ability. or something like that. Vergo is not dead, just unconscious I think.
Nov 28, 2012 7:06 PM

Aug 2012
AnimePoop said:
Monad said:
Crazy theory of the day. Can you imagine if all the ex-supernovas unite to face a few big enemies and then decide to become one pirate fleet with one of them as the captain? After that they organize a fight to see who's gonna be a the captain with Luffy rising on top.
I know it seem to much but if you remember Whitebeard didn't just have his sheep but a whole fleet with pirate captains on each ship.

AnimePoop said:
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

lol wut? You're contradicting yourself... If Law used his DF (which he did) Vergo didn't die either way...he's just cut in half like the whole mountain left for Law to 'operate' how he wishes to picture Vergo now....looking forward to it...
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Nov 28, 2012 8:25 PM

May 2012
Epic chapter is epic.
You know shits getting real when someone cuts an entire mountain in half.
Nov 28, 2012 8:46 PM

Aug 2012
This has been one of the my favorite arcs, and this last chapter made it even better.
Nov 29, 2012 4:44 AM

Aug 2012
So, it seems like Law has increased his devil fruit range(At least that "Room" looked bigger than any others we've seen), so is there no limit? If he keeps training and improving it, he could basically become unbeatable. If he improved it to something like, a half mile radius, or more, then only a really badass sniper or long range df's could take him out. Or someone with even stronger arnament haki.
luffydragneelNov 29, 2012 4:47 AM
Nov 29, 2012 4:46 AM

Mar 2011
^Smoker was almost equal to him even within the room. So, we can assume that there is a matter of skill involved besides how incredibly strong his ability is. What makes up that skill? Well, like you said a big portion of it includes Armament
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 29, 2012 2:01 PM

Mar 2008
So, Smoker lost just to give Law's heart back. And then Law defeats Vergo with one hit. That was lame. I hate how Oda is making Smoker look weak in this arc.

Smoker should be in the same level as the supernovas. Or a bit stronger. He is important because he is one of the few good Marines. Smoker, Aokiji and Coby/Helmeppo are the good guys there, so they should be strong enough to support the Marines that don't follow tha absolute justice. Sure, Garp too. And maybe even Sengoku.

Other than that, awesome chapter. I want to see Usopp being BA and defeating the soldiers.

Also, can't wait to see the war against Doflamingo and Big Mam.
Nov 29, 2012 2:23 PM
Oct 2009
m4rc0 said:
So, Smoker lost just to give Law's heart back. And then Law defeats Vergo with one hit. That was lame. I hate how Oda is making Smoker look weak in this arc.

Smoker should be in the same level as the supernovas. Or a bit stronger. He is important because he is one of the few good Marines. Smoker, Aokiji and Coby/Helmeppo are the good guys there, so they should be strong enough to support the Marines that don't follow tha absolute justice. Sure, Garp too. And maybe even Sengoku.

Other than that, awesome chapter. I want to see Usopp being BA and defeating the soldiers.

Also, can't wait to see the war against Doflamingo and Big Mam.

we have seen like 10~15 VA until now? and who knows how many more there is

on the other hand we have only 7 Shichibukai ( dont forget they are a key factor in holding the power balance )

if the VA are as strong as the Shichi then i really see no point for them

about the Slash,

law slash was like giving the finger to Joker

Joker was overconfident, he thought he planned everything for the new era

he was so careless not to take the new generation into account, that`s what made law slash&speech so Epic
Nov 29, 2012 5:55 PM

Mar 2008
mrsword said:
we have seen like 10~15 VA until now? and who knows how many more there is

on the other hand we have only 7 Shichibukai ( dont forget they are a key factor in holding the power balance )

if the VA are as strong as the Shichi then i really see no point for them

Read my post again. You gava an answer to something I didn't write.
Nov 29, 2012 8:44 PM

Aug 2012
kiDnameDSkia said:
AnimePoop said:
Monad said:

AnimePoop said:
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

lol wut? You're contradicting yourself... If Law used his DF (which he did) Vergo didn't die either way...he's just cut in half like the whole mountain left for Law to 'operate' how he wishes to picture Vergo now....looking forward to it...

I'm pretty sure Vergo just got slice the same way Kinemon had gotten sliced...

If Vergo is truly dead... then I would've rather him not been introduced as a character at all, to be honest...

Oh... and usually when someone gets sliced in half via sword... there's blood. Lots of blood...
Nov 30, 2012 8:15 AM

Jul 2009
Doflamingo has definitely had his feathers ruffled by Law. All the rookies from Shaboady are about to bring the ruckus to the new world.
Dec 1, 2012 4:10 AM

Dec 2009
Wow. Law's a lot stronger than I thought he was, I really thought Vergo was going to be challenging for him.
Dec 1, 2012 1:53 PM
Mar 2009
Yuujou said:
kiDnameDSkia said:
AnimePoop said:
Monad said:

AnimePoop said:
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

If Vergo is truly dead... then I would've rather him not been introduced as a character at all, to be honest...

Oh... and usually when someone gets sliced in half via sword... there's blood. Lots of blood...
Yuujou said:
kiDnameDSkia said:
AnimePoop said:
Monad said:

AnimePoop said:
Yuujou said:
Wow, I'm surprised!

Yeah, I seriously doubt he's dead - must be Law's ability! Plus, important people never really just die so easily in one piece, I'm sure Vergo will have future purpose!
Dec 1, 2012 10:36 PM

Oct 2010
AnimePoop said:
He's just such a beast, would love for him to join the SH but know it wont happen.

Law is a doctor though and i just cant see him taking commands from Luffy. I do hope to see a long time alliance because he always been one of my favorites.
Dec 2, 2012 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
bonifide said:
AnimePoop said:

Law is a doctor though and i just cant see him taking commands from Luffy. I do hope to see a long time alliance because he always been one of my favorites.

Yeah and he did save him at marineford. i would love that alliance to. big mam and doflamingo vs all the supernovas anyone? :D i think they will be leaving this play fairly soon, cannot wait for the next arc >.<
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 2, 2012 11:06 AM

Aug 2012
@jimbob1141 look up the "yonkou arc predictions" thread :)
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Dec 3, 2012 11:02 PM

Mar 2012
I can actually really, see the Luffy+Law Alliance and the Kid+Apoo+Hawkins Alliance somehow unexpected are challenging the same Yonkou.

Law did NOT kill Vergo, you see him making the hand gesture to use ROOM.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Dec 8, 2012 11:12 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good chapter with an awesome ending.
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Nov 5, 2013 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
Heh, finally finished 69 volumes of One Piece (I'll never grow up). Anyway, I kind of doubt Punk Hazard will end up as one of my favorites at this point like I initially believed it would but this chapter showcased why I did think this would be. This arc has always excelled whenever Law's been the focal point in my opinion and this was probably the best example of that so far.
Dec 30, 2017 9:07 AM

Feb 2013
Law is too damn awesome!
I hope that he will never be an enemy.
Sep 16, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
Dayum, Law slashed the entire island!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 23, 2019 2:16 AM
Mar 2019
For an arc that's just set-up, it's been pretty great
Jun 30, 2021 3:28 AM

Jun 2017
But I want a Smoker vs Vergo fight though!😤😤

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 16, 2022 5:38 AM

Nov 2020
law just cut the island in half!
that was incredible but isn't the gas gonna leak in?
Aug 20, 2022 7:03 AM

Mar 2021
LAW IS A MONSTER. SLICING VERGO THROUGH HIS HAKI WASN'T ENOUGH. SLICING THE WHOLE ISLAND? BROOOOOO.

I have no idea how he managed to do that but still, BROOOOOO.

Too much hype.

Oct 25, 2022 8:42 AM

May 2021
Took me a bit to realize that Law cut the entire damn island. The alliance is looking better and better now in my hands. Until Law betrays Luffy, IF that ever comes to pass.

Apr 14, 2023 2:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It every chapter is more confuse because just 5 minutes all can explote!!! lkekeke
May 23, 12:13 AM

Jun 2009
Law is such a cool fucking character good god.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1118 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Yesterday

12 by 28012001 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

61 by landofthekwt »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 95 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 1, 2009

28 by Zowabo »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 77 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 22, 2010

18 by Zowabo »»
Yesterday, 4:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 68 Discussion

ToxxicTeardrop - Aug 22, 2010

24 by Zowabo »»
Jun 17, 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.