Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2012 8:49 PM

May 2010
o snap didnt see that coming at all, so taku was just using chiyu to get to Kuroyukihime this hole time?, and Kuroyukihime getting hit by a car holy shit man, Haruyuki is a player look at him getting his mini mac on dat kiss with Kuroyukihime play on player protect her haha
Apr 27, 2012 9:04 PM

Nov 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Well aside from the obvious that Taku was Cyan Pile; it got real with that accident; nice to see Kuroyukihime jealous; and that confession was great also.

Venneria said:
I'm going to fucking enjoy hes face when he loses hes internet next episode.

This; can't wait to see him get owned

oh god yes! i hated the main the first episode but after this episode he ranked up a bit in my book haha (and Mayuzumi who never was in any book got blacklisted haha)

pwn 'm hard Haruyuki... pwn 'm DAMN hard!
Apr 27, 2012 9:07 PM

Oct 2011
The story basically follows the manga, so everything that happened here was just being translated from the chapters. albeit the anime version was more summarized hence less dialogue between characters. next week I'm pretty sure Haru will reveal something nice
Apr 27, 2012 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
No matter how much I hate the MC, I have to admit that the last moments of the episode were adrenaline-inducing, almost like I was accelerating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2012 9:29 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing episode, made me shed a bit of tears in the end. Poor hime... :/
Fuck you Taku !!!
sakaApr 30, 2012 10:52 AM
Apr 27, 2012 9:36 PM
Oct 2011
7 Days.
Apr 27, 2012 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
love this episode, i bet the full potential of the Brain Burst program is Accelerating EVOLUTION!!!, we might see Haru become super saiyan physically (not just virtually) lol, super enhanced human beings just like Captain America XD
Apr 27, 2012 10:10 PM

Oct 2010
I aint going to lie if Snow Black died i was going to drop this like it was the 2nd coming.

Glad we getting some action again.

Well Haruyuki is going down in my list of all time anime pussy characters. He is in there wish Shu(Guilty Crown); Yuki(Mrrai Nikki); and the worst of them all Remus(Guin Saga).
Apr 27, 2012 10:20 PM

Oct 2008
bonifide said:
I aint going to lie if Snow Black died i was going to drop this like it was the 2nd coming.

I was just about to say exactly this.
I'm not a big fan of the confession when there has been absolutely no character progression. She's basically in love with him because he has a high score? From what she said about her wanting to know about the true meaning behind Brain Burst, it would have made more sense for her to enter into a partnership with him. I can maybe understand if she likes him at the beginning for his skills, but then slowly begins to have feelings as Haruyuki's character develops and grow (i.e. smarter, braver, with more spine). But as it stands, it is hard for me to understand how the school idol would love a spineless, self-defeating person who has zero confidence in himself.

Kuroyukihime gets bonus badass points by using her Physical Full Burst, but her being knocked out even temporarily of the show drops my interest in watching this considerably. Other than that awesomeness of Kuroyukihime, this has been really generic.

Also, Kuroyukihime is hospitalized and unconscious... Is this game that important that they would go after her this state to win?

CAN WE NOT HAVE SOME MORE OF THIS? Bonus badass points for dual-wielding.
OmniknightApr 27, 2012 10:39 PM
Apr 27, 2012 10:23 PM
Apr 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Segev said:
STFU DUDE IT WAS FUCKING EMOTIONAL.
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DON'T WATCH IT !!!

OH HEEEEEEEELLL NO! It wasn't emotional at all! She's known him for 4 episodes, kisses and cries. I DON'T SEE HOW MUCH OF A RELATIONSHIP THEY HAVE! WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN ANYTHING THAT SHOWS HOW "CLOSE" THEY ARE! Because they're not. It moved too fast, feels cliche-ish, and hell dude, that's sort of like bestiality. All that's missing is the bed scene.

AGAIN STFU, DON'T THE ANIME, AND GET THE FUNK OFF THE WEB!!!
Apr 27, 2012 10:34 PM

Jun 2008
Omniknight said:
But as it stands, it is hard for me to understand how the school idol would love a spineless, self-defeating person who has zero confidence in himself.

It's called Love at First sight.
Will be explained in either the next episode or the episode after that, chill out people.

Once again people always have trouble accepting that fact that a hottie likse a guy like him. It happens IRL, like my fat IRL friend who only likes to write "not selling" fantasy anime-ish novels and is the most freakiest otaku in our circle suddenly got a girl to like him. All the friends in my circle was confused since he was the last one we expected to get a girlfriend, but we don't go complain about it like sad virgins.
kaimaxApr 27, 2012 10:44 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 27, 2012 10:44 PM

Oct 2008
kaimax said:
Omniknight said:
But as it stands, it is hard for me to understand how the school idol would love a spineless, self-defeating person who has zero confidence in himself.

It's called Love at First sight.
Will be explained in either the next episode or the episode after that, chill out people.

Once again people always have trouble accepting that fact that a hottie like a guy like him. It happens IRL, like my fat IRL friend who only likes to write "not selling" fantasy anime-ish novels suddenly got a girl to like him. All the friends in my circle was confused since he was the last one we expected to get a girlfriend, but we don't go complain about it.

Unlike the majority of people, I actually don't find his physical appearance to be an issue. I personally don't place physical appearance as the main criteria. However, despite the fact that people's taste differ, in no circumstance can I see someone love someone who has zero confidence in himself, tells others he is not worthy of you and tells you to use him like a toy and discard him. It is his personality that I have issue with. I can only see people taking pity in him. This is probably done on purpose to set up character development, but then why not put the confession scene closer to the midpoint or end to SHOW this growth, to SHOW he has become someone worthy?

It seems you've seen the source material. Perhaps, you can tell me (in a private message if it's too much of a spoiler) whether this show ends up boiling down into a monster of the week show and whether we will ever see Kuroyukihime in action.
OmniknightApr 27, 2012 10:49 PM
Apr 27, 2012 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
wtf just happened lol. WHERE THIS ROMANCE COME FROM LOL
sigh, if only haru wasnt so fat/ugly. why be fat AND ugly, why not just one or the other -_-
Apr 27, 2012 11:10 PM

Dec 2011
Wow what an episode.

My first 5/5 of the spring season, and up the score goes.

Can't wait for next week.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 27, 2012 11:10 PM

Nov 2011
Sad episode, but finally Haru vs Taku

Hopefully the MCs personality changes
Apr 27, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2010
well i guess we find out this episode who cyan pile is.
now its time for a battle that will have a LOt of talking.
raxius1230 said:
Good episode,SENPAI!!!!!

That Taku face......

FULL OF EVIL!!

so i guess now we won't be friends with this person? though i feel he might just bring up som crap excuses and the MC will forgive him.

Apr 27, 2012 11:53 PM
May 2011
I snorted out the cola that I drank after seeing Kuroyukihime's confession.

It wasn't just bad, I felt this event was rushed like the one we have in Sakamichi no Apollon.

Apr 28, 2012 12:24 AM

Aug 2010
Ajunky said:
Cirris said:
It also means we know who the backdoor person was. Chiyu must not know Taku is doing that to her.
As expected, Chiyu's boyfriend has been using her backdoor without her consent. >.> <.<

I see what you did there.

Also, the confession + car crash scene failed to tug at my heartstings. However, Haru sitting in the hospital, waiting for news about his gf while watching over her DID. And I like that determined look he had on his face all night. Expecting some epic battle next ep. I hope he melts Taku's face.

Also, the reveal that Cyan Pile is Taku lost 99.9% of it's edge due to the fact that we all guessed it last episode already.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 28, 2012 12:48 AM

Feb 2008
I like the show, but I hate the MC. Sigh. Whatever happened to the awesomely cool characters that were 100% badass? Aka Lelouch, kamina, etc...
Apr 28, 2012 12:49 AM
Oct 2010
Omniknight said:
Unlike the majority of people, I actually don't find his physical appearance to be an issue. I personally don't place physical appearance as the main criteria. However, despite the fact that people's taste differ, in no circumstance can I see someone love someone who has zero confidence in himself, tells others he is not worthy of you and tells you to use him like a toy and discard him. It is his personality that I have issue with. I can only see people taking pity in him. This is probably done on purpose to set up character development, but then why not put the confession scene closer to the midpoint or end to SHOW this growth, to SHOW he has become someone worthy?
Well, its simple, Kuroyuki is REALLY messed up in her head, there had to be something to make up for the great looks + brain + charisma, right? ... Actually, she might fall out of "love" if Haru grows up as a character...

Wait, I think I've seen something similar before...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 28, 2012 12:55 AM

Aug 2011
that romantic or whatsoever scene fucked up this episode. seriously wth... it's not like theyve known each other for so long and love at first sight? bs! not even close. totally hated that part, it was a hasty confession. what happened after was really great though. it seems that this is where the fun starts. Still, its fucking ridiculous why the pig had to survive ;L i was seriously gonna smash my screen that time but i didnt have the guts to do it. Haruyuki is merely a pig. god help me. im sure everyone felt sad about what happened to -insert long name here- hope she gets better.
oh well, i cant wait to watch the epic duel between haruyuki and taku.

Apr 28, 2012 1:25 AM

Aug 2010
Gosh, when he started saying all those rude comments to Kuro I immediately starting hating him. HARU HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT TO A SWEET GIRL LIKE HER?!?!?!

At first, I didn't take the confession seriously... I laughed; I thought it was ridiculous. When I watched it a second time, I saw that my first thoughts were wrong. I hope she lives!!! >.< She's my favorite character!!!

OH yeah, how the heck was that dream a FREAKIN NIGHTMARE?!?!! THE MASSIVE BLOOD LOSS WAS THE NIGHTMARE. I liked this episode, especially the OST. It's so... futuristic with all that synthesizing and stuff. Can't wait to see the next episode. :)
Apr 28, 2012 2:11 AM

Sep 2011
supermegasonic said:
well i guess we find out this episode who cyan pile is.
now its time for a battle that will have a LOt of talking.
raxius1230 said:
Good episode,SENPAI!!!!!

That Taku face......

FULL OF EVIL!!

so i guess now we won't be friends with this person? though i feel he might just bring up som crap excuses and the MC will forgive him.

Man that face, I just wanna punch him. The next episode is gonna be intense. I've never read the anime, but I sorta of thought that Taku would be Cyan Pile, he's always wearing a blue/cyan color feel of clothing, and his eyes are a "Cyan color." Can't wait gahhhh.
Apr 28, 2012 2:27 AM
May 2009
I actually really like Haru, he's a character I can relate to in a lot of ways.

I can't wait to see Taku get his ass beat next week.
Apr 28, 2012 2:29 AM

Jun 2008
I wonder why nobody thinks or even assumes that her "first love" happened in the past. It's not hasty at all.

seriously the shallowness of people can be surprising.

Apr 28, 2012 2:33 AM

Feb 2010
That nurse seems too suspicious that sneaky whore!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2012 2:51 AM

Oct 2008
Holy shit, i was going to drop this Anime but then i saw AnimeFtw1's comment. Please keep posting every week, that shit was hilarious.
Apr 28, 2012 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
I love this show so much! The tension was just so insanely off the scale by the end of this episode, I agree with everyone else who compared it to being "accelerated" - I think that's what justifies the speed the plot is advancing at the moment too - the viewer is made to feel accelerated.

I must admit after watching the first ep, and seeing it turn into a battle-manga bad memories from C (shitty anime about money) made me question whether or not I should drop it - but I'm so glad I didn't!
Apr 28, 2012 2:58 AM

Jun 2008
apatch3 said:
I must admit after watching the first ep, and seeing it turn into a battle-manga bad memories from C (shitty anime about money) made me question whether or not I should drop it - but I'm so glad I didn't!

Keep on watching, you won't regret it. The story will get much and much better.

Apr 28, 2012 3:01 AM

Jun 2009

Alright, that romance bit came out of no where... Wow... She fall in love easy don't she?

Taku's the bad guy, that kinda sucks... I like the dude from the brief moments he showed up. (Though I pretty much suspected... hell I know it's him, I hope he have a good reason behind the things he did)

Well... Let's hope this show gets better... At the moment, I actually take the first 4 episodes of Guilty Crown over this... And I'm not a big fan of Guilty Crown.
Apr 28, 2012 3:15 AM

Jan 2009
That episode..... was just ;__; Awesome. Hands down. Very emotional, if you ask me. Sooooo emotional. Help, I'm nearly crying tears of awesome. What a pairing, I like it.

Halfway through the episode I was like "What?! isn't this like a final episode or something if there's something like this *panics*"

Oh, and Haruyuki said ORE during that dream of his, whoah. I think he'll turn into a more confident person towards the end.
I3rawlerApr 28, 2012 3:21 AM
Apr 28, 2012 3:15 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah!!! Epic fight next episode!

Dat Blood!! That accident too much better than the manga.
Apr 28, 2012 3:59 AM

Mar 2008
d'aww she actually likes him... although her reasons for loving him were kinda lame since she didnt know him for more than a few days haha

and eww she kissed a pig

I dont get why some of you dont like Haru. I mean it sucks hes so self loathing but if anything I just feel sorry for him sincee it hurts to know how self loathing some people can be. I mean hes worse than me 10 fold. He self loathes but he gets shit done without much hesitation so no real reason to hate. Hes not a pussy hes just emotional and confused and self hates to the point hes a bit stupid but his actions show good character.
traedApr 28, 2012 4:09 AM
Apr 28, 2012 4:22 AM

Feb 2012
The anime was much better here than the manga, good job.

Kuroyuki getting all jealous was really fun to watch, she is so adorable.

Haru is one of the dullest idiots I've ever seen, the way he makes his assumptions just pisses me off. Thank god it will get better after next episode.

Stupid censors in the car accident but that whole scene was really well done. Kuroyuki slaps that idiot right when he deserves it, nicely done. The confession (why did UTW translate it as declaration?) was pretty interesting since the reason she likes him is his speed. I think they made a mistake, she got jealous and he got angry on the same day, not yesterday, right? Anyways, her sacrifice was so touching, first she confesses, kisses him (a pig!) and then throws everything away she has worked so hard for but the music during the Physical Full Burst was just awful.

Next episode we will see the whole fight, I'm looking forward to it because of that fucking amazing moment these idiots spoiled in the fucking preview, they even do it in the OP. I hate it when studios spoil such great moments for you, it doesn't matter that I'm reading Accel World. The same thing happened with Shippuuden in the fight between Itachi and Sasuke (the preview spoiled
, again I knew what was going to happen but especially non-readers don't want twists and awesome moments to be spoiled. JUST DON'T DO THAT!!!!
ZhouApr 28, 2012 5:35 AM
Apr 28, 2012 4:30 AM

Jun 2008
traed said:
d'aww she actually likes him... although her reasons for loving him were kinda lame since she didnt know him for more than a few days haha

Trick Question: How do you know that she only knew him for a few days?
She's already "interested" in Haruyuki way before the squash game high score thing.

Once again, it's called First Love, you don't need a thousand reasons to love someone. You don't need a logical reason to love someone.
kaimaxApr 28, 2012 4:35 AM

Apr 28, 2012 4:39 AM

Feb 2012
Fuck Yea. The fight. I feel like if i'm the one who's playing Haru's role, I'll beat up Taku's ass in a minute. LOL

Excellent episode. I want to watch moarrr. Can't wait. Another week of waiting again -_- /shrugs.
Apr 28, 2012 5:15 AM

Oct 2011
Burst Link and? Expected fight between friends ^ ^.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2012 5:26 AM
Feb 2012
Oh god that was fuckin' awesome. This show is turning out to be magnificent. Next week's episode, now! :]
5/5 of course
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 28, 2012 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty nice episode, but she kissed a pig... 0_0
Will watch next episode, I expect the pig-boy to level up and do some secret move and beat Taku.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 28, 2012 5:39 AM

May 2011
LOL this episode. The amount of bullshit is amazing.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 28, 2012 6:02 AM

Jun 2008
How pathetic can someone get? Every time that something happens that should boost his confidence he denies it because he can't accept that such a thing can happen to him. Well no wonder you are so pathetic. Of course god things can't happen to you if you reject them.
It seriously makes me believe he doesn't deserve anything of what he gets because he is basically being pulled by luck(and plot) and he doesn't try to grasp any chance by himself.

Anyway lets see how he plans on facing his friend now since the guy is of higher level than him. It was quite obvious it was him by the last episode.

Btw i didn't get why they couldn't avoid the car by using normal burst link. I mean the other time it was god enough to avoid a fast punch punch coming to his face why couldn't they just jump out of the way? Actually thinking about it the amount of time it takes to shout burst-link is about the time you need to jump out of the way.
MonadApr 28, 2012 6:06 AM
Apr 28, 2012 6:24 AM

May 2010
No way,A cliffhanger....hate them...........
Apr 28, 2012 6:43 AM

Apr 2010
kaimax said:
I wonder why nobody thinks or even assumes that her "first love" happened in the past. It's not hasty at all.

People are only good at analyzing what's in front of them. Most haters won't really think their hate through, lol.

Didn't have a problem with the confession, but the scene wasn't cute or anything. It just felt gross, I mean, kissing a pig...? lol

3/5
Apr 28, 2012 6:46 AM

Jan 2008
Excellent. By the end of the 4th episode, when he entered the hospital, I was feeling accelerated myself. I literally got up on mu bed and ran closer to the TV. The tension was amazing. Well done.
Apr 28, 2012 6:56 AM

Oct 2008
Solkiskey said:
kaimax said:

People are only good at analyzing what's in front of them. Most haters won't really think their hate through, lol.

Didn't have a problem with the confession, but the scene wasn't cute or anything. It just felt gross, I mean, kissing a pig...? lol

3/5

Actually, it's more that the way they acted towards each other had no indication whatsoever that any of them had any emotional attachment to one another. This confession was half assed, and it came out of nowhere. Failure to see that is just blind ignorance on your part.
Apr 28, 2012 7:13 AM

Jun 2009
Except for that horrible censoring this was a good episode. I was pretty sure they'd be able to avoid that car with normal burst link though, earlier it worked and it seems like they had even more time to jump aside this time.
Looking forward to fight next week.

Also i'm very pleased by great bgm i heard during the episode, not sure if i noticed their greatness earlier but this time it sure had a few great tracks. I will make suret to check for OST when it's out.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 28, 2012 7:28 AM
Jun 2008
OrochiPL said:
I was pretty sure they'd be able to avoid that car with normal burst link though, earlier it worked and it seems like they had even more time to jump aside this time.
maybe it can..
but i think She wanted to show how much she love him by sacrificing her own life to Haru since Haru felt the love that he receive from KuroYukihime is just full of lies .
Haru doesn't really care if he is being lied by Kuroyukihime.Haru is honor to serve her and he doesn't ask anything more than that but Kuroyukihime wanted something more from Haru.. not just loyalty..
Apr 28, 2012 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode. I have the feeling that Kuroyuki will have amnesia when she wakes up, I hope not...
Apr 28, 2012 7:42 AM

Sep 2010
Students are only connected to the school network when they are at school. So how the hell did Taku use Chiyu's backdoor program, and attack Kuroyukihime in the first place.
Apr 28, 2012 8:08 AM

Feb 2008
Next episode will be epic :)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.