Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
Lots more worldbuilding in this episode:
Dwarves live 2.5 times longer than a tall-man. So Laios being 26 = 65 in his dwarf form
Half-foots live to about 50, with rare exceptions up to 100. So Marcille is 10-ish in Half-foot years.

Since Kensuke is also technically a monster, it also got a makeover transformation into an awesome-looking demon-sword. Although apparently inorganic and inanimate things can also change. Typical Laios, he was totally going to keep Kensuke in that demonic sword form if he could. Maybe instead of King, it seems he's more suited to become a Demon Lord of monsters.

Some more depressing backstory about the siblings...I had no idea Falin dropped out of magic school to travel with Laios. I expected she would graduate with Marcille...who later went after her and joined their party.

So their new goal is to eat the dragon part that got merged with Falin...couldn't they just burn the flesh, cremating it? Although I guess it wouldn't be dungeon meshi anymore if they did that.

I'm going to miss Dungeon Meshi Thursdays.

Those various changling-changed dumplings looked delicious (minus ones with Itsuzumi's fur), like the fried, cheese, or sweet red bean fillings.

But at least Season 2 was confirmed...I just hope we don't have to wait too long:

Teaser trailer here:
https://x.com/dun_meshi_en/status/1801254446196039882
Estoy_GordoJun 13, 2:22 PM
Jun 13, 2:20 PM

May 2020
Amazing from start to finish im so happy they announced season 2 lets goooo

I love this squad so much
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Jun 13, 3:22 PM

Jan 2024
It was slow at the start but after 10 episodes things started cooking literally and never stopped from there.
Great series, good that s2 is announced.
Jun 13, 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
Easily one of the best fantasy shows in recent times. Glad we already got the S2 announcement.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 4:27 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to ZER0PT
Like Solo Leveling I had high expectations because of the high score and many people saying it was great but for me it was kinda disappointing.
Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I watched weekly since I felt the formulaic episodes get old really fast.
Nice characters and animation tho.
6/10.
@ZER0PT

I have similar feelings about it. It's an okay show, but way overblown by it's loud manga fandom.

At least on my behalf I had very low expectations with Solo Leveling and I always knew it would be just pop corn entertainment. With Dungeon Meshi my hopes dropped around mid 1st cour and just kept watching because like I said, it wasn't a bad show worth dropping it. I personally had better experience watching it in batches (like wiating until 4 episodes were released).
Jun 13, 4:32 PM

Dec 2022
WOOT WOOT S2
Lol Pokeball sound effect around the ~7:30 mark when Marcille broke the circle
boy this show has been a barrel o fun and felt great glad this ride doesn’t ened
Jun 13, 4:52 PM

Jan 2011
This started off as one of the weaker Trigger shows to turning out to be one of the best. What a fucking run. Great dub and great characters. I am happy to know season 2 is coming just right after finishing the episode. I'm so proud of this studio.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 13, 4:57 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't expect anything out of this anime when I first started out watching it, the first couple of episodes didn't really catch me but as it went on it ended up being one of my favorite anime. I am so glad it is getting a season 2! Laios calculating how many servings each party member would have to eat once they cut off the chimera part of Falins body was too funny 😂.

"We're not gonna find a mid size group in the dungeon"....all the past characters they met...instant trauma response lol.
SevenJun 13, 5:06 PM
Jun 13, 5:12 PM
Nov 2019
I was kind of expected them to be stuck in these new bodies until the next season, but I guess it pretty much ran its course. Its really fitting that the big plan to save Falin is to turn here into a full course meal.
Jun 13, 5:42 PM
May 2017
Both excellent, the ending episode and the series! The officially announced second season -- already in my watch list -- will resume the story.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 13, 6:01 PM

Oct 2022
Loved this series way more than I thought I would, it was so lighthearted with a touch of a deeper darker subplot. I can't wait for season 2.

Overall great series and amazing worldbuilding!
UndefeatedBahamut
Jun 13, 6:21 PM

Apr 2022
definitely not trigger's best, but an okay adaptation to an okay manga.
Jun 13, 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
i liked this what started as a 7 due to being shouted from the heavens from fans how good it was , took a good long while to finally kick into some good worldbuilding and pretty funny moments 2nd half was a 8.5 for me though sometimes it took some time getting used to the jarring darker moments like last week but somehow always manages to return to comfort with food which again.. i get it making food out of monsters in a dungeon ...but no matter how nice they made it looked i never went damn that look's tasty and i'm hungry laid back camp with even it's most basic meals made me always need to have food on hand

looking forward to the S2 they have clear goals signed up for what i assume will take us to the finale of the manga?

10/10 for the worldbuilding though really can't stress how good all the foundations they expanded on for the lore of the dungeon and it's eco system and just how things work closest dark souls/ DND anime yet
Jun 13, 6:55 PM

Oct 2022
Half-A-Marcille is an excellent tool for hilarious bullshit lol

Plenty of great face frames of Izutsumi, too. Both Cat and Kobold versions.

Jun 13, 7:10 PM

Jul 2022
Well, there is a way to return Falin to normal, but hearing Senshi's idea gave me chills visualizing how it would be, and the worst part is that Laios only sees benefits in the whole plan.

It's surprising how this story, which initially was about eating monsters while searching for Falin and was more comedic as we saw the food preparation process, ended up becoming a more interesting story about the dungeon, its secrets, monsters, inhabitants, and the mysteries that are yet to be discovered.

The second season has already been confirmed, and now we just have to wait for it to be released to continue this culinary adventure.
Jun 13, 7:19 PM

Jun 2019
Some nitpicks on the adaptation here and there but Trigger did the source material justice.

Pleased to know Season 2 is announced already.
Jun 13, 7:49 PM

Nov 2022
I'm gonna miss watching this every week. Can't wait for Season 2.
Jun 13, 8:00 PM

Dec 2017
And here ends the best anime of 2024. I can't wait for season 2. The second half of the manga is awesome!

Izutsumi comforting Marcille was so cute!

The animation and directing this episode were top tier.
Jun 13, 8:15 PM
Apr 2023
That sure was a fun ride. Season 2 was already announced so, either wait for Netflix to finish the production or jump to the manga right now, which you should be doing because it provides the support for the mangaka who created this story (anime royalties are only one-time payments to the mangaka and almost no part of the profits from merchandises based on the anime will be paid and will only serve as 'advertisements' to draw people to pick up the manga).

Anyway, looking forward to what wacky antics Laios and the others will be into in the next season of this anime adap.
Jun 13, 8:15 PM
Feb 2015
Every episode is a fun shenanigans or epic battle with their food, finally Falin is included in the menu lmao. Looking forward when they save the winged lion
Jun 13, 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
I'm so fucking sad right now! This is my ANIME OF THE YEAR!

10/10
Jun 13, 8:47 PM

Mar 2018
If the story ends up going where I think it'll end up going then I'm really looking forward to the second season. Thanks Studio Trigger for another peak fiction

With that being said, bit sad that it's gonna be a second season that starts at a later date rather than an immediate additional cour like how it was back when ep 12 aired, i thought we'd finally have a show in the 30+ range, considering how rare those are nowadays. Single cour and double cour will keep dominaitng the industry i guess
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Jun 13, 8:51 PM

Dec 2022
It was nice from the beginning and it is nice in the end! See y'all in season 2! Thank you for the great season!

Jun 13, 9:26 PM
Mar 2015
Fallin stew We are fine young cannibal
Jun 13, 9:38 PM

Jan 2011
When it started I was a bit worried about them trying to do the whole thing in just 2 cours, but as it got further it became more and more obvious that they were gonna announce a second season for the rest. Considering how great of an adaptation it's been, more is only a good thing. Just hope the wait isn't too long.
Jun 13, 9:53 PM

Aug 2011
This was the highlight show of the season! I'm glad they didn't leave it like a intense cliff hanger, and gave us a wrapping up kinda ending. If it was a cliffhanger I would've rioted lol.

For me this anime was such a comfort show having watched this with someone I loved and new friends. The last couple eps I spent with friends each week trying out a new restaurant/food we hadn't tried during Thursdays when they'd air in English.
desu desu binches
Jun 13, 10:06 PM

Nov 2021
I can't believe I almost dropped this after the first episode because I thought it would just be a cooking anime, and it ended up becoming one of my favorites. What a wild ride this anime was, I can't wait for season 2
Jun 13, 10:36 PM
May 2023
Beautiful animation, wonderful story, and you can tell the world building is amazing! the characters are interesting and relatable.
Jun 13, 10:51 PM

Dec 2022
Really enjoyed this show and look forward to when next season comes out. I thought this episode had the right amount of comedy and storytelling. Also, some great shots and cinematography. Laios is such a good character. The fact that his mind went straight to how many meals that would take was great. It's very fitting and the show is building up to a great feast. It's very fitting. Just love how the show keeps building on ideas how everything is connected and how they are building a good amount of characters.
Jun 13, 11:11 PM
Nov 2018
What a surprise of a season. First half took a bit to hook me but the pace and style of storytelling has grown on me. Excellent direction helped loved all the little humor they mixed in. Very solid dub as well makes it an easy lazy watch. Very happy Netflix is renewing.
Jun 13, 11:21 PM

Sep 2018
Very solid season! Going for a 9/10 overall while my only complaint is a few backstories dragging on. This got a s2 announced so that is awesome!
Jun 14, 12:16 AM

Mar 2008
No idea how they will eat the red dragon out of Falin without also eating Falin

This was a pretty fun and creative show. I dont feel I enjoyed it as much as some others did unfortunately. Im glad it will get another season if im around to watch it.
Jun 14, 12:39 AM
Jan 2012
No wonder Chilchuck is so jaded - he's basically the oldest member of the party.
Jun 14, 1:09 AM

Nov 2023
An incredible show through and through. I'm so happy that we'll be getting Season 2.
Jun 14, 2:21 AM

Jul 2015
I want Laios to crush me beneath his feet and make me worship his tootsies as his personal foot slave
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Jun 14, 2:22 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to WatchTillTandava
My 270th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.

@WatchTillTandava Neat!
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Jun 14, 2:52 AM

Mar 2016
5 voted love it and 10/10 rated, best story and best anime for style, animation!
Jun 14, 3:05 AM

Sep 2010
And I thought we'd left the cannibalism subplot behind... Although I guess if it's red dragon meat, maybe it doesn't count.

Knave_ said:
Izutsumi comforting Marcille was so cute!

Izutsumi's awkwardness here feels kindof relatable.

This episode feels mostly like cooling down after the big confrontation with the griffin/hippogriff.

Last things they make are dumplings and tea... Was there some cultural thing about taking the opportunity to chat while the tea heats up? Or was it while the tea cools down?
Jun 14, 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
Enjoyed it more than expected. Just like with the manga, the beginning was a bit too boring and considered dropping it, but the second half was very good (after Falin resurrection).
Can't wait to find out more about the dungeon in S2! Have the same curiosity as with "Made in abyss".
Jun 14, 3:36 AM
Mar 2023
good place to end the first season. I absolutely adored this manga, and the adaptation stands up fairly well. One of the biggest draws for me was the art style. they have been fairly faithful, but something about all that hand drawn shading really takes the cake. I'm super excited for season 2! Also so glad they slid in the Marcille crying scene in just before the end. beautifully capped season all around!
Jun 14, 4:24 AM

Mar 2013
When fans of source material say "it gets better", for once i agree this time lol. Also found it boring early episodes but it definitely got better and fun as it progress. When they brought up the prophecy thing and looked at the remaining episodes, i'm thinking there's no way they'll leave anime-onlys hanging. Thank god they are making a sequel and seems like will adapt the whole manga as i don't really see myself reading the rest but at the same time i wanna see how it ends heh
Jun 14, 6:29 AM
Apr 2021
Dungeon Meshi ahhhhhh Dungeon Meshi man I haven’t heard the narrator in SO long I forgot bro was in the show until I heard him say Dungeon haha glad bro made a final appearance for the very last episode imma miss this show man PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME DUNGEON MESHI😭😭🥲😭😭

Man those Changeling mushroom are such a problem but their ability still needs to have shed some light on bc it seems to me that once you’ve undergone a change you gain the changeling mushroom powers and can change other things living or non living by forming a circle whether it’s a circle you made with ur hands or with others who’ve been affected by the mushroom. Man the biology of Dungeon Meshi is so goddamn cool and fascinating this world is so throughly well thought through props to the Mangaka for making such a extraordinary world🤩🤩🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥

I’m definitely reading the manga now and I took a little peep at it and I just gotta say that the art is SOOOO fucking nice but it’s a shame it’s monthly tho so I’m afraid trigger is gonna basically catch up to the manga when they release season 2😭

It feels so long ago from when the story was just them eating and trying to save Falin (before she turned into a chimera) and now shit is the kinda same but with a more serious tone to it, I’ll miss this goddamn show this was one of the best 24 weeks man it feels like forever since I started watching this back in January. Manga here we come and thank you Trigger for making Dungeon Meshi a wonderful experience🥹🥹🥹🤩😩🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
Jun 14, 6:56 AM

May 2015
Very solid anime. I really enjoyed it!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 14, 6:56 AM

May 2015
Very solid anime. I really enjoyed it!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 14, 6:58 AM

Nov 2023
What a journey! For me, it’s a potential best anime of the year. I'm thrilled that the second season has already been announced. Was it expected? Yes, but having the confirmation is always great.
Jun 14, 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
it's alright and theres no ciffhanger, got high expectation for s2 tho
Jun 14, 8:18 AM
Sep 2021
This was a fun season, liked the concept & execution & its characters also. Good animation, the food really looked good & interesting. Waiting for S2
Jun 14, 8:52 AM

Jul 2023
I didn't even notice the time passing because of the humour. It's not a spectacular end, but it gives us enough to look forward the next season.
Jun 14, 8:59 AM
Mar 2022
Netflix did well with this one.
Happy to see Falin still has her goofy side to her while in that form. And would love to see her rescued!

Falin dragon meat menu 😂
Gladly awaiting S2.
Jun 14, 9:55 AM

May 2019
I'm glad that season 2 was announced right after season 1 ended since this ended with the group still trying to rescue Falin. Going into this series I thought Falin would've been rescued around halfway through this season which she kind of was but I didn't expect her to leave the group right away.

I liked the cooking aspect which reminded me of "Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill" but I thought that this got a bit repetitive with the seemingly neverending goal to re-rescue Falin. At least the animation was great and Izutsumi added a unique personality to the group. I give this a 7/10 and I'm optimistic that I'll enjoy season 2 more.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

148 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 24, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

111 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 24, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

99 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 24, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

123 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 24, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28

136 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 23, 1:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.