Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 4, 11:16 AM
Oct 2023
the episode was really good!! getting a backstory for kikoru was awesome, she‘s such an interesting character
May 4, 11:24 AM
Sep 2022
i can't wait for the "the only one dayin' here is you dirtbag" scene
May 4, 11:32 AM

Dec 2016
Yeah, I'm done with this show. Gave it a fair chance.

It's so terribly cliched in all of it's directing choices. Cringe shonen humor, terribly placed moments to play the "heh heh funny shit", mandatory flashbacks before an almost death moment, ridiculously stretched out clutch moments (that kaiju holding his monster beam until MC-kun shows up) adults are idiots and suck rising their kids, lazy mustache twirling villians.
KimurahMay 4, 11:38 AM
May 4, 11:49 AM
Jan 2022
ok respect for mc now we are talking 🤠
May 4, 11:49 AM
Jun 2021
First of all the opening is a banger idk why none is talking about it I always replay it and the anime is going good overall but the way the main character who is 32 years old acts is a little cringe that's the only problem.
May 4, 11:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that was very One Punch Man-like and trust me when I say that's high praise! Almost out of time but got to quickly wrap it up and join the masses, we're finally getting more of that. Boy, that's how you get the hype across. And the supporting OST was perfect as well. Show is definitely picking up big time here!

Glad to see that Kikoru-san is covering for Kafka-san. Expected that, but still good to see. It does help her reputation, after all. Doubt the vice-captain is convinced though. Still no proper confrontation with the childhood friend, that should be entertaining ~

Interesting villain revelation too. And they kept it as creepy as possible with the neck twitching and the loose control while playing eerie music, well done!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 4, 12:29 PM

Nov 2020
When I saw this butler of a little blonde girl, I immediately thought of Mr. Elegance from Spy x Family xD, in fact, her plot is the same cliché as Damian's "I have to be perfect for a demanding parent to love me" uwu, it seems trivial but thanks to a nice director, good animation and great soundtrack, it was impressive, it's a pity that these comedy inserts spoiled the final tone.

I already feel that in future episodes I will roll my eyes because the theme is that the MC will step in at the last moment and save the situation in a badass way, but before that he will be the weak and screaming one xD
But that's a problem for the future, this episode is imo the best so far, so...
4/5
May 4, 12:36 PM

Mar 2007
He became the Kaiju One Punch Man - KABOOM splat rain of blood. Hot damn.

This show is so entertaining, anime fans be eating good on Saturday.
May 4, 12:42 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to MasterHavik
@animejas It's executing within the realm of what it wants to be. I do agree the show is playing it safe. I do enjoy having an older MC for once. It has done a great job of making us root for him.
@MasterHavik an older MC whose behavior is practically no different from a typical teenage MC
May 4, 12:42 PM
Aug 2021
Finally a all round good episode. Bro popped off with that punch. She protected his identity but now how will he pass?
May 4, 12:45 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Got to see Kikoru get owned this episode, yeah her backstory was a little upsetting but I liked seeing her get brought down a peg and get to witness Kafka being more badass than her lol, really liked that scene. Kafka somehow managed to keep his kaiju form a secret too since Kikoru decided to keep it a secret for him, I’m interested in seeing how they interact again after all that went down.

And that intelligent kaiju was a formidable foe, man’s got a finger gun and can also shapeshift into a human, so basically the opposite of Kafka. This info can’t be good, it makes me wonder if kaiju have already infiltrated human leadership or something, the plot thickens lol.
May 4, 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Ba-Cii10
@MasterHavik an older MC whose behavior is practically no different from a typical teenage MC
@Ba-Cii10 I mean he is still an adult. We can't act like adults like that don't exist. He does seem like a good dude who wants to do right. I can't be the only one that started laughing after he killed that monster and was legit freaking out if it got up again.

In short, I feel he is doing it because he is a good nature individual not because of friendship or dumb shit.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 4, 1:01 PM
Jul 2023
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffwasssssssssssssss
May 4, 1:03 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Ba-Cii10
When I saw this butler of a little blonde girl, I immediately thought of Mr. Elegance from Spy x Family xD, in fact, her plot is the same cliché as Damian's "I have to be perfect for a demanding parent to love me" uwu, it seems trivial but thanks to a nice director, good animation and great soundtrack, it was impressive, it's a pity that these comedy inserts spoiled the final tone.

I already feel that in future episodes I will roll my eyes because the theme is that the MC will step in at the last moment and save the situation in a badass way, but before that he will be the weak and screaming one xD
But that's a problem for the future, this episode is imo the best so far, so...
4/5
@Ba-Cii10 I think there is a difference though. What I like about Damian is that it is clear he is doing so out of a cry for help. His ass is kissed so much he is putting on a show of acting like he is perfect when he isn't. Yes he wants father's approval but at this point he just wants to have his dad acknowledge he exist as his inner jealous towards Anya is why he is like that towards her.

Now if only Spy x Family had a much better writer that took advantage of things like that instead of going," Look guys Anya is making a silly face!"
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 4, 1:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great episode with a nice twist at the end.

That said, I think Shinomiya got off easily. She'd be acting like a complete and utter b@tch. Having a sad back story doesn't give free pass to treat people like garbage.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 4, 1:14 PM

Jan 2024
That was nice. The bratty girl gets a personality, thats nice. And Kafka shows his Kaiju powers. Thats what I wanted to see. And showing the ellbow-rocket punch lol, nice
May 4, 1:21 PM
Mar 2020
Daaam this anime is NUTS! Was thinking it will be some what eh, but it's 10/10 Gold of the spring (as a new release)! With every episode it gets better and better, waiting for next episode amg amg
May 4, 1:55 PM
Jan 2022
well I'm sure he's gonna get in the corps because story, but I'll be interested to see how they unravel the mess of responsibility here. they don't believe shinomiya got the big guy but they also don't have any evidence that Kafka and ichikawa did anything either. maybe it'll just be on merits of their support efforts.

which would be fine except I bet it'll mean becoming an officer and our reunion getting even further away
May 4, 1:59 PM

Mar 2022
I guess it's my bad that I expected this to be a serious anime. Generic fucking shounen with cringe humor. Another of those "I must be perfect" bs characters. Shinomiya just go and die. This is kids show. Garbage.
May 4, 2:32 PM

Nov 2009
HUH

I think I got the plot scenario with that new intelligent kaiju appearing

MC got taken over by that telepathic kaijuu

Which if it had gone to plan, is suppose to take over MC as a new Kaijuu like the new one we saw in this episode.

But somehow MC's will power, is stronger and thus MC remained himself and uno-reverse and took over the Kaijuu's power.

So I guess there were more of these telepathic kaijuus, and they all went around to take over compatible humans to turn them into super kaijuus while taking over their minds.

Which means... I guess somehow Kaijuuman will go around and secretly defeating all the super Kaijuus while dodging the Squads, LOL.

Also, what's interesting is... while transformed, MC's injuries all fully healed. But after his goes back to Human... all his injuries came right back, LOOOL

That means no one will suspect it was MC as the Kaijuuman, cause MC always gets injuried and has the injuries to show for it, LOL.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 4, 3:00 PM

Mar 2021
I actually felt bad for Kikuro when she revealed that she just wanted to make her dad proud of her. :,) Not sure about her lying to the vice captain tho. :P

That's one smart vice captain for connecting the dots on 2 seemingly random events spaced 3 months apart. Also, looking forward to a proper reunion between Mina and Kafka!
May 4, 3:02 PM
Jul 2021
Very good animation, expected from Production I.G.
Also very good OST in fight scene between Kafka and Honju
May 4, 3:07 PM

Dec 2016
MasterHavik said:
I mean he is still an adult. We can't act like adults like that don't exist.

Just because loud adults that never grew up exist, it isn't a good excuse to pick them as your main spokeman, specially if the main complain by a lot of people (not saying everyone) in this kind of setting is because the main characters are teens. It completely defeats the purpose of having an adult main character in an oversaturated market with loud teen protagonists.

MasterHavik said:
I can't be the only one that started laughing after he killed that monster and was legit freaking out if it got up again.

I really don't see where you're going with this reasoning. Likewise a lot of people were also appalled.

MasterHavik said:
In short, I feel he is doing it because he is a good nature individual not because of friendship or dumb shit.

Again, I miss the point in your statement. There really is no difference between doing good deeds because he's a good natured individual or because he's just doing it for friendship or any other selfless reason. I fail to see how that's relevant to him being a loud 32 year old teen.

KimurahMay 4, 3:15 PM
May 4, 3:10 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What a great episode. The cliffhanger we got left on last week was terrible, but being able to jump back into it this week was great seeing Kafka in action and if you can’t wait till next week I’d recommend reading the manga because it’s a fantastic read 💯
May 4, 3:12 PM
Jan 2011
Reply to amlg
HUH

I think I got the plot scenario with that new intelligent kaiju appearing

MC got taken over by that telepathic kaijuu

Which if it had gone to plan, is suppose to take over MC as a new Kaijuu like the new one we saw in this episode.

But somehow MC's will power, is stronger and thus MC remained himself and uno-reverse and took over the Kaijuu's power.

So I guess there were more of these telepathic kaijuus, and they all went around to take over compatible humans to turn them into super kaijuus while taking over their minds.

Which means... I guess somehow Kaijuuman will go around and secretly defeating all the super Kaijuus while dodging the Squads, LOL.

Also, what's interesting is... while transformed, MC's injuries all fully healed. But after his goes back to Human... all his injuries came right back, LOOOL

That means no one will suspect it was MC as the Kaijuuman, cause MC always gets injuried and has the injuries to show for it, LOL.
@amlg That's the plot of Parasyte:the maxim.
May 4, 3:16 PM
May 2020

Very good episode. Its ending was great and made me really want to continue with the manga. The only thing missing was a more exciting soundtrack in the fight.
May 4, 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
wow this was so cool and damn there are more sus kaiju??
May 4, 3:44 PM

Oct 2016
The best episode so far. Not only did it have great action, but it had backstory for Kikoru’s desire to be perfect, and set up some mystery with the other talking Kaiju. I think it is the opposite of what Kafka is, a kaiju that can turn into a human it possessed. I also wonder how long will Kikoru keep Kafka’s secret for. (9.5/10)
May 4, 4:12 PM
Mar 2019
This episode had some major OPM vibes. It was awesome.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

May 4, 4:23 PM

Aug 2014
Man, wtf is with this random, out of place, cringy and dumb comedy? If it wasn't told that our MC is 32y old, I would've thought he is like 14-16 or something. For me, this anime is so close to being actually great but that comedy is just a huge slap to the face every time they do it.
May 4, 4:37 PM
Mar 2019
He only left two legs standing!
May 4, 4:39 PM
Sep 2023
YagamiLight_1212 said:
What a great episode. The cliffhanger we got left on last week was terrible, but being able to jump back into it this week was great seeing Kafka in action and if you can’t wait till next week I’d recommend reading the manga because it’s a fantastic read 💯

I couldn’t hold my temptation and started reading the manga after episode 1.
And it turned out to be a great manga tbh.
May 4, 4:42 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Rom-Com_lover said:
YagamiLight_1212 said:

I couldn’t hold my temptation and started reading the manga after episode 1.
And it turned out to be a great manga tbh.

As soon as I found out it was getting an anime adaptation I started reading it to see if it would be worth investing my time into watching and it did not let me down. Has about 100 chapters and it is still publishing. I’m glad you are enjoying it as well!
May 4, 4:43 PM

Dec 2018
We're finally getting somewhere but it's a slow crawl. Every episode is good on its own but I could use less cliffhangers I mean I'm seriously getting blue balls with this show spending a third of its season on buildup.
May 4, 5:03 PM
Jul 2020
Ouch, Kikoru backstory is pretty genering but im sold. Way she tried to keep fight she won my heart. <3
May 4, 6:01 PM

Dec 2013
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see more humanoid kaiju. Although it seems he's a lot less human than Kafka.
May 4, 6:17 PM

Apr 2022
its sick how they got kaido's VA for kikoru's dad's voice, knew i recognized that. they cooked with kafka's kaiju visuals, too bad they were dimmed though.
May 4, 6:28 PM

Jul 2022
This shown is definitely following the well worn shounen protag journey, but I'm glad they're using less cliffhangers and allowing the characters to grow and become more than 1 dimension.

Kikoru is giving me Asuka Longley Sorhyu vibes so much it hurts. Why does she have to be blonde 😭
May 4, 6:31 PM

Jul 2022
Incredible episode. Kafka transformed into a Kaiju is incredibly powerful. Now Kikoru knows Kafka's secret, but considering his past and how he reacted to taking credit for the main Kaiju, he will keep silent.

Kafka still hasn't had a serious conversation with Mina, but it's clear she cares about him. Now there are more Kaijus like Kafka, and it's quite creepy. One even infiltrated Kafka's workplace. We have a villain now.
May 4, 7:08 PM
Jun 2012
So, we now have a person who can turn into a Kaiju and a Kaiju that can disguise itself as a person.

"I dare you to come back to life" - organic matter proceeds to wibble wobble - "Kidding" - organic matter flops down sadly.
Why was this so funny?

So this will be an Over Powered protagonist kind of anime. At least it's not all too serious, otherwise it could get old fast.
Kinda One Punch Man vibes, but not as silly.

Looking forward to the reasoning to how Kafka passes this test next week.
May 4, 7:09 PM
Apr 2024
This episode was fire! to be honest. And at the time when Kafka was saving Kikoru, just like Saitama of One Punch Man. He actually said, “I'm gonna Finish you with one punch!” At the end a big secret got revealed, that one of the member of cleaning team was a Kaiju too just like Kafka. Although this episode was funny too like before getting hurt, Kikoru said, “Its not the time to laugh on Hibino Kafka”.
The animations were also great the animators put there 100% for sure for the moment when Kafka was preparing his punch for the Honju Kaiju. At the end, I'll say this episode deserves a perfect 5/5!
May 4, 7:42 PM
Jun 2021
dangggggggg episode 4 was gooooooood as hell
May 4, 7:49 PM

Dec 2022
daddy's girl got humbled and quoted Predator (1987) WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU
my man rejected civilization and went ape mode
May 4, 8:05 PM

May 2019
Finally Kafka was able to use his incredible power again after limping around. On that note I'm glad that Kikoru is keeping his secret as only her and Ichikawa know about it so far.

That new mysterious kaijuu reminds me of Kafka except he's working with/supporting the kaijuu whereas Kafka is eradicating them. I'm thinking that Kafka was probably supposed to do the same thing as the new kaijuu but Kafka was somehow able to override it taking over his mind.
May 4, 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, that was a nice comeback after last week's disastrous episode. There were some predictable/cliche stuff here and there but the execution was still highly enjoyable.

So Shinomiya has daddy issues, huh? Why am I not surprised? Also gotta say I actually enjoyed seeing her getting beaten up by that intelligent Kaiju lol.
May 4, 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
Reply to GTRaijin
Man, wtf is with this random, out of place, cringy and dumb comedy? If it wasn't told that our MC is 32y old, I would've thought he is like 14-16 or something. For me, this anime is so close to being actually great but that comedy is just a huge slap to the face every time they do it.
@GTRaijin I'm glad I'm not the only one! Lots of people enjoyed the comedy element, to me it felt so forced.
May 4, 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
Did they show the other cleaner (that is apparently a Kaijuu) in the early episodes?
May 4, 8:47 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi saved the day yet his secret is safe because Shimonya cannot admit she is not perfect One of disposal squad is actually a kaiju
May 4, 8:50 PM
Sep 2018
Kafka is both a goofball and a badass at the same time.

Relatable and awesome at the same time.
May 4, 9:11 PM

Jan 2021
its coming guyssss the No8 vs No x uknow who!!
can't wait for the next couple of weeks
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

103 by amlg »»
4 minutes ago

» Why hasn't Ichikawa's and Furuhashi's account of Kaiju no. 8 been taken into consideration? (Possible spoilers)

SamuelPapprill - Yesterday

12 by Pendragon572 »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» Too Much Comedy?

Sagepool - May 22

40 by SuperLupinHero »»
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

155 by Hilly-chan89 »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 13

309 by Hilly-chan89 »»
Yesterday, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.