Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 16, 2023 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
Mamoru time traveling? Now that's something I want to see. I wonder what's waiting for him in the past...
Nov 16, 2023 6:49 PM
Aug 2020
GOD SALE EL OP DE MADOKA MAGICA
Nov 16, 2023 6:50 PM
May 2020
5/5 sonó el op de godoka godgica
Nov 17, 2023 1:06 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to FMmatron
Why Madoka and not Steins;Gate, tho? XD
@FMmatron if it was actually steinsgate i would've had a heart attack lolol
Nov 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Mar 2012
one thing i was wondering through the whole thing is, even though they have no money, how the hell did mamoru get all those PCs to build those monsters???
Nov 17, 2023 1:49 AM
Jun 2019
she casually introducing future trend
Nov 17, 2023 2:39 AM

Jan 2021
Madoka's OP song!!!! (Connect) Greattt hehe
Nov 17, 2023 7:23 AM

Feb 2019
Anyone who compares this anime to Shirobako or New Game! really didn't get those series at all!!! 16bits has A LOT of work to do if it dreams to ever reach that height
Nov 17, 2023 7:59 AM
Nov 2022
guys what was that song played on kohona's phone, it sounds fun
Nov 17, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2019
This episode feels really disingenuous to me. In the previous episode, the company is on the brink of collapse. With Konoha's enthusiasm, super complex computer and suddenly the boss got the money back in a locker, everything was resolved in just one day? Hhhmm.. everything looks so convenient and at the end of the day, the previous episode is just a waste really. At least the dakimura and stickers marketing ideas are good. Having too many references could be a distraction from its original vision for the actual story. This time travel stuff could really become a mess because of overly ambitious. I'm still skeptical if this is even a good show to begin with.

Nov 17, 2023 10:50 AM

Feb 2007
Reply to VivaceRex
This episode feels really disingenuous to me. In the previous episode, the company is on the brink of collapse. With Konoha's enthusiasm, super complex computer and suddenly the boss got the money back in a locker, everything was resolved in just one day? Hhhmm.. everything looks so convenient and at the end of the day, the previous episode is just a waste really. At least the dakimura and stickers marketing ideas are good. Having too many references could be a distraction from its original vision for the actual story. This time travel stuff could really become a mess because of overly ambitious. I'm still skeptical if this is even a good show to begin with.
VivaceRex said:
and suddenly the boss got the money back in a locker

He didn't, though? He thought so at first, but all he got was the materials for their planned console port.
Nov 17, 2023 2:58 PM

Aug 2020
OHHH That Madoka "Connect" in the beginning was gold!

And now, Konoha can finally work on her most ambitious game, with the help of the whole Alcohol Soft team. Glad they all came to terms after the previous episode incident.

Mamoru will have some trouble ahead...

Nov 17, 2023 3:52 PM

Oct 2022
I’m not convinced Konoha is a very good artist when she’s so reliant on having 2023 technology to make her creations. When they ask her how she made her color maid illustraion she says it took 200 layers in Photoshop. 200 LAYERS??? WHAT??
Okay, first of all I doubt that. It’s just a character against a white background. She could have easily used fewer layers, like no more than five, but instead of them wondering how they could make that character in fewer layers; they get all depressed thinking “how do we get 200 layers to work” rather than trying to work around it with the current tech.
So then Mamoru shows up with a bunch of PC-9821s stacked together and says this will handle 200 layers in photoshop! Okay that’s the most inefficient way to solve a problem; where did he get that many machines- they have FOUR stacks of them. And this company is supposed to be bankrupt to the tune of a billion yen- there’s no way they’d be able to afford that many machines or use that much power. JUST USE FEWER LAYERS.
Then Konoha designs like 500 characters and wants to make a big complex story.
AT no point does anyone in the company say “okay we might need to take out 5 or 10 of these characters”, they try to figure out to do exactly what Konoha presented. That’s just really dumb. And of course there’s no discussion with how to handle the massive file sizes when their machines have so little memory and there are no floppy discs that could handle even a single picture file with that level of detail.
But at least she’s finally designing her dream game. Until Mamoru discovers her glowing bag of magical game merch, and opens one. What a moron!
Nov 17, 2023 11:32 PM

Dec 2022
So much happened in one episode. We got personal servers made for every person, found out that the scammer wasn't a complete dick, had our programmer make modern 3D models, and they sunk a beach episode in there. That ending was no surprise though, but I figured she was going to go be the one to go back not him.
Nov 18, 2023 7:34 PM

Aug 2016
If Konoha likes Madoka, I wonder if she also played Saya no Uta.
:v
Nov 18, 2023 7:45 PM

Jul 2021
This was a good episode, with Konoha finally making the game she wanted to and the unexpected scene at the end. I wonder what Mamoru would do once he goes to the past?

P.S. The guys in the discussion are saying that the motivational song from the beginning of the episode was actually an anime opening, if so that's a ballsy move from the studio. The song was good as well.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Nov 20, 2023 6:51 AM
Jan 2018
There’s no way Mamoru-kun could be this dumb….. I refuse to believe it!
Nov 20, 2023 1:54 PM

Oct 2012
天使たちの午後, it's 1985 game. Mamoru fell some 15 years back!

- moe character before the age of moe came *check* (Air actually came in 2000, while Haruhi anime made the waves a lot later in 2006)

- live2d before it was developed, *check*

- dakimakura before the market demanded it

... Well, a lot of references, actually (not really much in the way of story). Somehow I feel it would be a lot better if each time-leap introduced some change already present in the story but that would require some clever writing so it would feel like completing the puzzle (Steins;Gate style).
Instead, what we are getting is reference ride across diffrent times without anything tying all of this together.

I still enjoy this anime kinda (plus Kawasumi Ayako and Horie Yui) but the story is bringing new hook with every coming episode while mostly abandoning the old ones and it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Nov 22, 2023 10:39 PM

Jan 2017
We got robbed of a proper beach episode, this is heresy!
Nov 27, 2023 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
OMGEE! all of a sudden Konoha played the Opening song of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica performed by ClariS entitled: "Connect" that was such a TREAT to my ears!!!
5/5.
this is gonna be such a problem! because i wonder if Mamoru can get back in time?
it is already a colossal problem if Konoha went back again for the fourth time! which hopefully won't happen because that's too much and more time will be lost...oh man!
matias067Nov 27, 2023 9:49 AM

Dec 6, 2023 9:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good team work to develop the new game but now it's Mamoru's time to travel in the future??? :o wow
Dec 10, 2023 2:11 PM

Jan 2022
Oh man, now not going back to the future is going to be tricky because she doesn't control that. The girl in the suit has me curious though. What is her role? Konoha is perfect for coming up with merch ideas esp because her room is flooded with them. She's too ahead of her time. Why the heck did he open the damn game??? What are they going to do without him??
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 12, 2023 4:15 PM
Jul 2015
Dude, what the fcuk?!
Dec 16, 2023 7:18 PM
Mar 2023
I detail the opening of Madoka Magica to give myself strength, not to mention the rest of the references for people of culture and that of the Clip Studio, it reminds me of what I used to draw at the time. On the other hand, Mamoru was not far behind with his frankenstein overclocking to the maximum to imitate what is today's Windows and its 8-core processors. Anyway, the project is going from strength to strength and they made it clear to us that Ichigaya, in addition to being a scammer, did have faith in the console game and was taking it seriously, while, on the other hand, we can now realize an idea of who will popularize dakimakura at that time. See you next week, the ending with Mamoru traveling in time will be crazy.
Dec 19, 2023 2:51 AM

Dec 2018
Making the 1bn yen look easy lol not to mention the amount of space it's going to take for a game like that to run on console, though back then dragon quest 7 took up several discs, as did final fantasy 7 so it's possible. doesn't mean it'll be able to process the graphics though. nice twist at the end there. thank god she was asleep and didn't disappear this time, he's going to come back an old man lol. idk. if he changes anything he did back then it could really mess up everything.
Dec 22, 2023 1:35 PM

Nov 2013
everyone is excited for a new game, i'm sure it will be a success, as long as Konoha doesn't disappear again
... or someone else, wtf are you doing baka Mamoru LOL gow are they going to make the game without him? oh God

(then again, maybe he will appear back the next day, i don't know how long it takes in the present while Konoha is in the past...)
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 4, 1:09 AM
Dec 2016
WOW, Kaori finally opened her eyes, its beautiful...
Jan 10, 11:24 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Pffft she had her "go-time"/encouragement song that's just the Madoka OP. XD Not gonna lie, I also have my little encouragement songs, so I only laugh because I can relate.
Ah shoot. I wonder what will come of this with Mamoru.;;; I hope he'll be able to come back.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 16, 8:07 PM

Mar 2013
Mamoru's dad needs a punch or two, but we didn't get something like that, only scolding... 😤
Anyway, Konoha trying to help them was a sight for sore eyes.

Anyway, I can't believe Mamoru would time-travel as well... 🥲🤣
What's more, most of her games was burned, what now?! 😰 (The instances she can go to the past is...)
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 21, 9:13 PM
Mar 2015
CONNECTO !

Creators really love MadoMagi don’t they? Posters have been all over the place since the very 1st scene
GavrocheN7Mar 22, 5:22 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2023

86 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 8, 10:00 AM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2023

110 by HandStuckInTable »»
May 7, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

73 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.