Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 18, 2023 5:23 PM

Feb 2017
damn i cant believe it ended like that! i wonder what the chances are for a s2. this show had me so anxious and frustrated, but that was a hell of a cliffhanger.

guess tetsuo didn't want to leave any evidence lying around that could end up being linked back to him this time, so burying the body was the best option. the way they set up the scene with the pouring rain, deep in the forest in the dark reminded me of

placeholder text
Jun 18, 2023 7:21 PM

Apr 2022
welp, it's finally over. and we get that iconic cover scene of tetsuo crying in the rain.
didn't feel a single heap of tension this entire season, apart from right in the begining.
i mean best wife though. in regards to the daughter, i prefer not to speak. miki shinichiro as matori was solid though.
the ending seems like it implies there will be another season, but i hope not. at least not with this level of animation again.
3/10 for me, i gave this rating in the third or fourth week and i'm sticking with it. although i gave a 6 in the first week. peak comedy LOL, hope this is it for the anime. might even check out the manga someday.
Jun 18, 2023 8:55 PM
Jul 2017
To be honest I don't think a body after a landslide caused from a typhoon would cause much suspicion? I don't think the other gang members care all that much, they where only looking for the son because the father was the boss but they didn't seem to like the boss very much anyway so now that he's gone they can just promote a new boss or some other guy? 

I think it's a good cocnlusion to the series though, it could end here and I would be happy.
Jun 18, 2023 9:14 PM

Nov 2010
It's rather late to finish the story. The more they put events in the story, the more the show seemed unnatural.
Jun 18, 2023 9:44 PM

Feb 2021
In the end, He couldn't take a rest since the typhoon might take the corpse to the outside...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 18, 2023 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
I loved it until this episode.  Assuming Japan has no self defense laws or they are super strict, Tetsuo did the right thing helping crazy dad to die; however, he wasn't very smart when it came to disposing of the body.  He was apparently near the ocean. That's where he should've dumped it with the knife.  By the time it floated up or to shore, hopefully sea creatures would've gotten to it. If they can't tell how he ied the yakuza probably would think he killed himself. Otherwise forensics would've been able to determine that it was a self inflicted injury. It was just stupid to bury him. There would have been nothing to tie him to the murder.  Dude's clothes and fingernails probably have Tetsuo's DNA all over them.  The ocean would've gotten rid of that. He'll be lucky if the cops think another yakuza did it.  Kyoichi perhaps. Speaking of which, what happened to him? Did they kill Kyoichi or did he successfully escape?  The last we saw of him he was bleeding to death standing on the street. 

That face at the end.  I couldn't tell if he was scared or excited at the idea of tangling with the cops and/or mob.  I think he enjoyed the rush. I fully expected for him to take crazy dad's place if we had enough episodes to be honest. 

It's rare but I'm not interested in a 2nd season.  I think it should end here.

I had a good time watching it so I'll give it an 8, but that may be too high.
dragynfaerieJun 18, 2023 10:43 PM
Jun 18, 2023 10:59 PM
Oct 2019
Tetsuo is a Father that Yoshitatsu want to be.

6/10 imo, i can tell the adaptation is just mediocre.
This is one of the Anime that you should just continue read the Manga.
I don't think it will be popular enough to get another season.
Jun 18, 2023 11:01 PM

Mar 2007
Wow what a thriller.

Nobuto's dad!! Trying to frame the MC!!!

What if he dug down to the part with metal? That isn't where Nobuto buried the stolen money, is it??

And an open ending ... sort of? Whoa. Will there be a S2?

Jun 18, 2023 11:35 PM
Apr 2023
PEAK just absolute PEAK!!!
Jun 19, 2023 2:23 AM

Mar 2008
I dont get why so many people are saying Tetsuo killed again as if Nobuto's dad wasnt already bleeding out from a fatal wound. I dont think he smothered him he just tried to stop him from screaming out in his last breaths to bring the police in. He wanted Tetsuo to suffer and getting him held in police custody he couldnt do anything when his family is being targeted. It's also why he stabbed himself because he didnt think instant death was good enough for Tetsuo like we heard him say in previous episode when going on about having his wife and daughter raped and skinned alive in front of him. I dont get how Testuo could relax like he was though. You would think he would have the sense to move his family the hell away from that city if not Japan entirely. 

This was all pretty good on suspense aspects but sometimes I felt like it could have been a lot better like some moments just felt too convenient and since the production just wasnt that good and the oversaturated colours really dont work for this type of show where more of a hazy tinted look would have been more in the right vibe for some moments and the point they decided to end it actually felt anticlimactic rather than suspenseful or a big shock i mean as soon as the hurricane was mentioned i knew what was coming up. I also dont feel like a season 2 is coming from the level of production that was in this so unfortunately it winds up lacking without a more complete story and better animation direction.  Id love for another season though but hopefully with improvements in the animation direction since they did some weird stuff in here that looked bad. 
Jun 19, 2023 3:43 AM
Jun 2021
The final two episodes lifted this story for me from a 6 to a 7/10, these episodes defined the actual tension & reality this story was trying to build up all this time

Before that, it felt like a poor father trying to escape from the crime he committed for his family but now at the end it established itself as a struggle of "how far a father would go for their family/kids", the way they both had their own motives and despite not being totally justified both had put their soul into it, it was something I don't experience in this genre where you don't know why should you even root for Tosu or why does Nobuto's father shouldn't win here?

While those murder committed by Tosu Tetsuo can never be justified, the fact that Nobuto's father could never nurture his son also made him a failed father & being alone was probably the only difference why he lost here, also the fact that he didn't choose to get the justice for his son in a simplistic manner & rather wanted to find a cruel alternative also became another reason of his failure here although that creepy smile of Tosu Tetsuo have made us realise that the man have to attorn for his sins one day (if not now then later), although even if it's the anime original ending where tosu won then I would still be fine with it

Coming back to the overall series, the animation was average & the osts were above average, most of the characters were average yet Impactful in their own way, Kyouichi & Tosu's pair somewhat felt like an L-Light's cheap copy of "cat & mouse game" which was the highlight of the show and Kasen San is easily among the best mothers + wife we have seen, Also the fact that we don't usually get too many adult caste animes made it even more interesting and refreshing but I have a lot of complaints about it like the repetition of some plot armours and the simple logic of "they got here only because they made mistake" which opens the gate of lot of probabilities going towards only one person (in short luck favouring only one person) made it kind of predictable and lost my interest on some of the moments where it could have made more impact, one more thing is that the way this story uplifted it's writing level in the later half of series in terms of its mind game & detective level shit made me feel like it could have been over at the exact moment Kyouichi felt like not checking the bathroom when Suzuki was cleaning it so I guess we can call it inconsistentcy in terms of the moves pulled off by this series, also Reika San was quite annoying although I don't dislike her

MY OVERALL RATING FOR THE SERIES: 7/10
And if it is AOE then 7.5/10
Jun 19, 2023 3:53 AM

Jun 2013
Enjoyable but lots of unresolved stuff and loose ends. Giving it a 6/10 for now,  I was going to rate it higher but this last episode was kinda meh. I might pick up the manga soon to see the differences. 
臭い-
Jun 19, 2023 5:16 AM

May 2020
pretty good anime
with that cliff hanger i hope we get a season 2
7/10 for this season

Jun 19, 2023 6:48 AM

Jul 2021
That face Tetsuo made, in the end, was terrifying. It showed that this is merely the beginning of everything Tetsuo will do to keep his family safe. 

This is another anime from this season along with Tengoku Daimakyou that I will continue following through the manga.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Jun 19, 2023 7:22 AM

Jul 2020
One of the better shows of the season, it's been a pretty solid story up till now, but the last episode felt underwhelming, and it was ridiculous at times, like how the policemen easily believed the hamster story. And there's still lots of unanswered questions; judging by the comments, apparently they only adapted half of the story? In that case, I'd be happy to see a s2.
Was gonna rate it an 8 but the ending made me drop it to a 7. 
Jun 19, 2023 8:36 AM
Dec 2022
how many arcs are there in it
Jun 19, 2023 9:58 AM
May 2023
I enjoyed the anime full through thinking about how this man was gonna bs his way out of the murder. It seems in the middle he’d get away with it. The ending teases a lot if there’s going to be a part 2 or so with the loose ends still around. The manga does continue the story from a little skimming.
Jun 19, 2023 10:00 AM
Jan 2023
Wow... he really just killed another person (Nobuto's father) and somehow got away with it again?!?! What a way to end the season...
Jun 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
Just like last episode I was on edge watching this one expecting some cruel twist ending. Glad it didn't.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 19, 2023 12:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
How fitting that the last episode of My Home Hero comes out on Father's Day. In the end, Tetsuo caught another body since Matori has lost the will to live since his son is dead. To make matters worse the police came knocking to respond to the noise complaint so Tetsuo had to come up with a story to get them to leave. Tetsuo ended up burying Matori's body somewhere in the mountains, however he made another fatal mistake is worrying his wife Kasen. Things started to go back to normal and although Tetsuo is happy he can't help, but worry about the possibility of someone discovering Matori's body.

Overall, My Home Hero was a suspenseful thriller from start to finish. It just shows that anyone can become a criminal even if you are just tying to protect your family. "The road to hell is always paved with good intentions" as actions can have various consequences. It makes sense that we get an anime original ending since they already adapted Part 1 of the story which makes it a good stopping point. People complain about the animation, but it really didn't matter because the story and premise was more than enough for the series to stand on its own. Although, we probably won't see a second season I wouldn't mind seeing a live action version of this.

8/10
Jun 19, 2023 5:41 PM
Apr 2023
Pacing was great and the overall acting and animation was really good, opening and ending songs go so hard it's not even funny how hard it goes. Anyways exited for a season 2, I NEEEEDDD IT!!!
Jun 19, 2023 5:45 PM
Jul 2008
Wow unexpectedly this show is pretty good! 

Seems a bit rushed in last episodes so some people don't understand the cast actions so I'll help with my interpretation:

1. Matori stabbed himself is because he realized he can't win over Tetsuo. He only sit all day in his office while Tetsuo is a salesman that often go everywhere. Of course he's stronger and more fit. Don't forget he lifted that large pot to decompose body himself.

2. If Matori discovered dead, the yakuza will after the family again. Matori already said this.

3. Matori is not yakuza boss, he's just their money maker. This was already shown in last episode, he got recruited after he was fired.

4. Why Tetsuo buried the body not threw it to sea, refer to no 2. Dead body will float and discovered, often washed ashore. Very bad method to hide murder.

5. Strong typhoon has chance to shift the land, the body might resurface and we are shown the ground started to move.

6. Police can't just barge into someone house without arrest/search warrant, I thought every country's police is like this?

The story was pretty interesting, the parents were smart and daring but the daughter was pretty stupid.
Jun 19, 2023 6:30 PM
May 2021
ShihammeDarc said:
Slimsith said:
I knew it wasn't going to end well, regardless.
Of course, an act of GOD/nature threatens his coverup.
Now he's killed twice, covered it up twice and he had that look on his face at the end, like:
"Here we go again..."

Hopefully there'll be a season 2.
I really want to see how far they can go with this.

technically, he didn't kill matori
I haven't read the manga, but from the impression they left if he's alive then I guess we'll find that out in season 2, if it comes to pass.
Jun 19, 2023 7:10 PM

Apr 2009
It didn't end up being as good as I hoped, but overall I rather liked this one. It was a breath of fresh air from isekai, fantasy, mecha, etc. which I love don't get me wrong, but it let this one stand out more. Some of Tetsuo's schemes were maybe a little too convenient, but I was still willing to roll with most of it. The biggest hurdle for me was the ending. Maybe you could chalk it up to different cultures and different natures of criminal organizations, but everything Tetsuo saw and the Yakuza didn't kill him? Sure, they've got blackmail on him, but come on. Or two different members of their group walk into his daughter's apartment and that's the last anyone sees them alive? And they don't kill Tetsuo? Don't buy it at all.

Still, like I say, I enjoyed having something different to watch. I liked Tetsuo and the Yakuza.The schemes were clever if a bit far fetched. There were some really tense moments. Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

7/10
Jun 19, 2023 11:00 PM
Mar 2021
Can't believe studio makes him as psycopath in the end. Without Kubo-scene after that incident, I doubt it'll have S2. I wish that ending scene doesn't exist there.

7.5/10
Jun 19, 2023 11:04 PM

Jul 2012
What a surprise. What an absolute treat. On Father's Day no less. Animation was weak yes but what an great story about a patriarch that puts his life on the line for his family. Reika ain't the brightest bulb in she shed but she has an amazing father. 
Jun 20, 2023 12:47 PM
May 2023
Nah wth bro...Tetsuo goin crazy
Jun 22, 2023 1:12 AM
Aug 2022
that last shot of his face as he says "i'm sure it'll be fine" actually scared the shit out of me, it was so ominous. i'm bumping my rating up just for that, it was done so well and was such a good and effective ending
Jun 22, 2023 5:36 AM

Jun 2017
Softhenic03 said:
Wow this finale made absolutely no sense.

I mean for once leaving aside how Nobuto's father just stabbed himself because... he felt like? Even the things which followed through were just happening for the sake of convenience. In what world police doesn't even try to act when something TOTALLY suspicious is happening just behind the door??? Lamoooo, and wait how did Tetsuo get that mini truck lol.

Also let's pretend the organization or whatever Nobuto's father was part of didn't even try to contact or search him, even though the man's been gone for that long.

Anyways logic was never a part of this series to begin with, but it still kinda made watching fun from time to time. Plenty of inconsistencies, but whatever someone could do with these limited episodes anyways. Atleast it gave that thrill if nothing.

honestly
this is how most cops are in my town as well, they barely check stuff and never intervene unless something really bad happens

I am not surprised
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jun 22, 2023 5:41 AM

Mar 2020
Interesting anime, however I feel like they should have killed off Koichi
Jun 23, 2023 2:03 AM
Aug 2018
A huge surprise of a show, since at fave value it seems like nothing special, but my true crime loving heart just couldn't stop watching it.

After episode 10, I feel it slowed down a bit, but this was an overall good and entertaining watch.

7/10 overall for me.
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
I was highly dissapointed. Thet talked about bringing cops but those are the most useless cops I've ever seen in my life.

Rule number 1:
If you get a call about not so clear noise (not music or anything) and no one answers you on the other side you break the door, cause high chances something fishy is happening, like, you know, a murder.

Why did you invite them it was as meaningless as hell...

Jun 23, 2023 10:25 AM

Apr 2010
I was highly dissapointed. Thet talked about bringing cops but those are the most useless cops I've ever seen in my life.

Rule number 1:
If you get a call about not so clear noise (not music or anything) and no one answers you on the other side you break the door, cause high chances something fishy is happening, like, you know, a murder.

Why did you invite them it was as meaningless as hell...

Jun 23, 2023 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
the only really interesting part of the show was the info part on how he did things or explained stuff.

his daughter is one of the worst fucking characters I've ever seen written. bitch is DUMB!
I'm glad he can have the shit memory of that scumbag of a bf being her first time. the way she treated her dad and shit really mad me mad and then she just made everything worse and was just so stupid!

no dad wants to hear how their daughter got dick downed but man when you raise a spoiled brat like the daughter she gets what she gets and you get to hear it.

rest of the show just seemed a little too over the top, apparently all cops are fucking retards and the police are so corrupt it better to just go murder people and hide bodies cuz the Yakuza always win 100%......ok

also skimmed ahead in manga the daughter stays dumb as fuck and didn't learn anything from being with an asshole dude.
she just can't stop sucking

only good point was the mother! she was fucking bad ass and a milf!

I wish I had never watched ep 1
Collins89Jun 23, 2023 9:23 PM
Jun 24, 2023 12:44 AM

Sep 2011
Damn that plot armor went seriously freaking strong the moment police came.

Jun 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2008
you think you'll be fine? i don't think so...if it were me, i'd run to a different country asap and change identities. it's never safe so stay on the same country were you did a crime...even it its perfect and no evidence...
hope there's continuation on this show as well.
4/5.
7/10.

Jun 24, 2023 5:55 PM

Aug 2017
Tetsuo is one lucky dude to be able to get away with the perfect crime. I'm surprised that Nobuto would stab himself with the knife after almost choking Tetsuo. I guess he wanted to be with his son in the after life. But nonetheless, I was worried about the blood leaking out of the door when the police came knocking in. Tetsuo being the quick thinker that he is came up with a hamster story to trick the police. The popos took the bait like the idiots that they are hahaha.

It was really nice to see Tetsuo be back with his wife and daughter. The ending definitely felt off and left a very unnerving feeling. It was as if Tetsuo was about to have a mental break down as he watched the weather on the tv. It felt like a calm before the storm because his family is still not safe yet from the mafia.

Jun 25, 2023 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
Among the sea of trash, finally a good and thought-provoking anime. The cliffhangers kept me glued all the way through and the plot flowed nicely. I'll admit, the hamster explanation in this episode was kinda cheesy and cringe, and Im surprised the cops bought that. Are cops really that laid-back in Japan? 

I couldn't help but feel a little bad for Matori. He did nothing wrong other than scamming people, but unlike his son who was a piece of shit and an abuser, he did not deserve to die. It's depressing how both father and son were killed in the same place and they were put in the same bathtub before getting their body rid of. Just shows that the MC is an actual menace, or so the circumstances forced him to be to protect his family and his happiness.

Also, don't forget, Kasen best waifu. 8/10
Jun 25, 2023 5:47 PM

Dec 2016
I kind of have mixed feelings for this final episode.

I wanted all this killing to end but the similar situation just repeated itself.

First I find going through all of this just to protect a girl with shit taste in men worthless. But at the same time I understand that as a father Tetsuo can't help but dirty his hands just to protect his daughter. But I still wished Tetsuo to turn himself in cuz living like that is going to be hell if he doesn't atone for all the murders he has committed. This second murder will have a big psychological change in him. This will make him lose his sense of self and be too used to in killing people or the extreme guilt will make him commit suicide in the future.

That look in Tetsuo at the end, he's definitely mentally sick right now.

Anyway, I'm just glad that Kyoichi is fine. I hope he doesn't get involved in this anymore.

7/10
I would have given it an 8 since I enjoyed this anime the most in this season but the ending was disappointing.
Jun 27, 2023 4:09 AM
Aug 2022
Tetsuo-Kun Natural Killer if his family on the stakes. Man!! He Should have became Mercenary or Joined Special Armed Forces which specialized killing the terrorists
Jun 29, 2023 12:05 AM

Jun 2014
Lol those officers actually fell for Tetsuo's hamster bullshit. Come on, guys, be serious. Tetsuo managed to escape with his life and buried Matori in the woods, but I'm assuming the ending implied that the typhoon might uncover the body and put Tetsuo right back into the middle of a shitstorm again. Very creepy and unsettling cliffhanger, especially with that facial expression.

This show was all right, with the production being the most glaring issue. I'll admit, it did get better for me and more entertaining in the 2nd half. Maybe I'll check out the manga someday since I don't see this getting another season.

And one more thing, Kasen has to be wife of the century. She really got involved in all of that shit willingly, everyone should strive to find a ride-or-die like her.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 30, 2023 2:56 PM
Oct 2020
I love the manga so much and it's so much better so it's really such a shame that the production of the anime could not match at all. I'm still glad that it got adapted though and hopefully it got people reading the manga.
Jun 30, 2023 11:47 PM
Aug 2012
First time since long period I have no sympathy and liking towards protagonist family, they seem more likely to be a family gang, because they've killed two people with not much of repentance...
Jul 1, 2023 4:48 PM
Aug 2021
Bro this beef and seeing the blood at the door had my heart racing so hard. So Nobuto's dad was actually a very normal man in the beginning having a kid/ bad people in his ear absolutely changed him. No way a typhoon destroys his entire plans.
Jul 2, 2023 5:20 PM
Apr 2020
Slimsith said:
ShihammeDarc said:

technically, he didn't kill matori
I haven't read the manga, but from the impression they left if he's alive then I guess we'll find that out in season 2, if it comes to pass.
What they mean is that Tetsuo didn't kill Matori. Matori killed himself.
Jul 2, 2023 10:03 PM

Jan 2012
Well that ending was certainly ominous lol. On the whole I enjoyed this series. I'm not sure how much of it made sense mind you, but I wasn't really trying to think about stuff like that, I was just going along for the ride. I will say that while I'm not a manga reader for this, I know it's still ongoing and is very long. So with that in mind I'm actually surprised the character of Matori, or more specifically Nobuto's father, went out so easily and quickly like he did. I was figuring he'd be set up as the big bad for the entire series but no, he's already gone. Now for all I know the anime may have changed things to make it all fit in a single season or something, but that possibility aside yeah, that surprised me.

I imagine what really helped this series with me is that of all the Spring Season shows I watched this was one of the few with a dark and violent plot and tone. Most things I've been watching are romances set in school, and while familial love is a central theme you can't deny this really is different lol. The only other show that was even kinda similar in tone to this that I've been watching recently is Dead Mount Death Play. But more on that in its thread when I actually finish it. The art and animation were nothing special, and again I won't comment on the plot. All I can say is I was on board with the central conceit from early on and several episodes ended with me wanting to see what happened next, so it must have been doing something right. To that end I don't think I liked this enough to seek out the manga now or anything, but if a second anime season ever came I'd probably watch it. From what little I can tell that seems unlikely though, so if this is how my time with this series ends then so be it, I'm satisfied. Solid 7/10.
animefan8800Jul 2, 2023 10:08 PM
Jul 3, 2023 8:19 PM
Jul 2023
yes, ok, masterpiece
Jul 10, 2023 11:45 AM
Mar 2022
amazing anime, a better production would've been nice but still great time
Jul 11, 2023 1:39 PM

Feb 2018
This series was perfect 7/10. and I mean PERFECT. It never went below or above 7, and thats great, it was really enjoyable. Still, there were some things that didn't make sense in this episode:

• How da hell didn't the thug smell the whole lot of bleach in the room? It could also be the smell of blood. Previously the scene made sure to show there was a big pool of blood
  • How da hell didn't the MC got some blood on his clothes? Guess he had another set of clothes at his daughter apartment.
  • It's incredible how the MC managed to get the body out of the apartment, rent a truck, get a set of shovels, and this while looking like crap and maybe even smelling like blood. I guess maybe the manga covers this.
BiobulletMJul 11, 2023 1:44 PM
Jul 12, 2023 11:07 PM
Apr 2023
Personalmente me encantó este anime. Para mi, el mejor de la temporada.
Ojalá saquen una segunda temporada aunque hasta ahora creo que no hay información, definitivamente leeré el manga.
Solamente me quedó una duda, Kyōichi muere o no? Yo creí que estaba vivo pero hay personas que dicen que está muerto (?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

6 by AnimeFan500 »»
May 22, 8:36 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2023

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:59 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

236 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:38 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

66 by HanageShinken »»
Mar 5, 4:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.