Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 24, 2022 3:55 AM

Jan 2009
Soverign said:
Probably one of the very few on here that can drive a manual with clutch.
I can drive manuals as well, but prefer automatic
I'm mostly used to the second set of transmission for manuals, but the last cars I've driven with manual transmission all had the first set with 6 gears and the 6th one being on the right bottom
Jul 24, 2022 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
@dragonmade so fun! :D

@Soverign nice, hopefully lasted you a long while and the music works well for ripping it down the highway B)

@Kosmonaut Hyundai Kona looks really nice ngl !
Jul 24, 2022 6:05 AM

Jun 2022
@Kosmonaut @_meimei I actually have a '22 Kona. Fun little car, I like it a lot. The Kona N-Line would be a blast (0-60 in 5 seconds!), but doesn't come in AWD, and I really really prefer having that once winter hits.
Jul 24, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
@Bakchos
I might've expressed myself poorly. I have nothing against buying an all-electric if there's decent infrastructure for it. The infrastructure here is great. There are level 2 wallboxes in my apartment building and the city itself has plenty a charge point around, so charging isn't that big of a day to day hassle to me. When you get outside of the big cities, you need to space your charges well between level 3s.

That said, I also don't think the car itself is all there yet, especially considering battery life during winter, which notably reduces range. Maybe in a couple of years it'll be "ripe for reaping."

Besides, the Kona EV was discontinued here after some caught on fire and plummeted in sales, so no new models. Though I'd consider getting a Hyundai Ioniq 5 or a Kia EV6, it's not something I desperately want, you know? I'm open to other more traditional options.

@dragonmade
Yeah, I'm driving a 2020 Kona Electric. It's a pretty good car all things considered. Stable, responsive, smooth, hits 100km/h in a little under 7 seconds. I like Hyundai cars, so I'm open to getting one, maybe just not an all-electric at this point in time.
Jul 24, 2022 8:09 AM

Jan 2018
pretty reckless, hope i can change my ways. i try to give signal before i turn my steering angle.
Jul 24, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
dragonmade said:
@Kosmonaut @_meimei I actually have a '22 Kona. Fun little car, I like it a lot. The Kona N-Line would be a blast (0-60 in 5 seconds!), but doesn't come in AWD, and I really really prefer having that once winter hits.
Oh yeah, for Canadian winters AWD makes a big difference. Unless you enjoy being stuck inside on snow days </3 hahaha which is not always bad. But yeah, my Subi, or Subuwu really impresses me when the snow comes down. So for me, AWD is a must!
Jul 24, 2022 9:06 AM

Jun 2019
@Kosmonaut some caught on fire? Damn. I would be reluctant to get one too. Not that I have the money to buy any of the ones you said but you know lmao if I had the money. The company I work for is buying some electric vans for deliveries, so I am gonna soon drive my first ev. Kinda curious to find out how it drives and stuff. How different it is. Could become the future idk.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2017
I'm a pretty darn good driver. And I'm someone who always uses their blinkers/turn signals. Unlike SOME drivers!!! 😡
Jul 24, 2022 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
Oh, no. I'm just a passenger. Will anyone here be kind enough to give me a ride?
ill have my chauffeur pick u up dont worry
Jul 24, 2022 11:55 AM

Dec 2021
@Kosmonaut That car looks cool! The headlights look different but not in a bad way.
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
Jul 24, 2022 12:15 PM

Jan 2016
When i take the car to drive to work i'm a decent driver. When i take the motorcycle in the weekends to have some fun it's an another story.

I always say to myself today i'm just going to ride relaxed then the twisty roads come.
Jul 24, 2022 1:00 PM
Jul 2022
Drunk driver ngl, drink responsibly guys
Jul 24, 2022 1:10 PM
Oct 2019
Soverign said:
Probably one of the very few on here that can drive a manual with clutch.

Which kind?
Both. *smug*

The use of "manual with clutch" statement is redundant (I guess unless you live in India where Hyundai is introducing a clutchless manual transmission (??)) Strange world.

Also there's no real skill difference in the "both types" you posted. Driving a stick isn't that hard considering you can learn in a day. I say this as someone who has a manual transmission. Unfortunately my clutch is slipping and there's no more bite point - I'm dreading that service.
Jul 24, 2022 2:22 PM
Jan 2020
@Soverign

Driving manual is the most common way in lots of countries still. The world isnt only the USA.
inactive
Jul 24, 2022 3:03 PM
Nov 2011
Honestly it depends on my mood. I don't classify myself generally as an aggressive driver. But on long trips I'm always looking ahead and planning for problems. That may mean I decide to pass that semi a little quicker than my passengers may want me to. But I'd rather be in front of one then behind one and not being able to see around it. I generally do a pretty good job of following the posted signs and and speed. The one issue I do have is that some particular trips in the car are so routine that I almost go into an auto mode where I will turn and then minutes later realize oh I'm almost all the way down the road but I can't fully remember what happened those few minutes. I was awake for them I didn't have a wreck I stayed between the lines but it's like my brain doesn't log it. It's kind of weird
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jul 25, 2022 12:05 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Verthandi11 said:
149597871 said:
Oh, no. I'm just a passenger. Will anyone here be kind enough to give me a ride?

Aww, Verthandi-sama!! <3
(I was waiting for days for someone to reply!)

Like, hell yeah! That is the life I've always dreamed of. I hope our little deal still stands...!
Jul 25, 2022 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
@149597871 my passenger seats always open to you, you don’t even have to ask ! Same goes for you, @Verthandi11. But the chauffeur option is probably much nicer and fancier.
Jul 25, 2022 1:32 AM

Feb 2019
Bakchos said:
@Kosmonaut some caught on fire? Damn. I would be reluctant to get one too. Not that I have the money to buy any of the ones you said but you know lmao if I had the money. The company I work for is buying some electric vans for deliveries, so I am gonna soon drive my first ev. Kinda curious to find out how it drives and stuff. How different it is. Could become the future idk.
Only the Kona caught on fire, not the other two. Well, I didn't say I was willing to spend that much money on the Ioniq 5 or EV6. Only that I'd consider it, lol. Thinking about it doesn't cost anything. At the end of the day, I just can't justify that price tag to the accountant myself.
Jul 25, 2022 2:05 AM
Dec 2010
The best kind. You can't do that irl because the cops will be after you.
Jul 25, 2022 4:22 AM
Small Black Frog

Jul 2020
Oh, I simply love Carmageddon, so let's drive!
I guess I'm better on the passanger seat or... in the trunk.
• あきらめないで •

slice of life / drama / mystery / supernatural / fantasy / sci-fi / comedy

Jul 25, 2022 4:52 AM

Sep 2020
i can drive scooters well and only bike i have drove is royal enfield bullet and i haev yet to learn to drive cars and yeah i am pretty much good at driving. i learned hwo to drive at a young age but not as young as others my age did. the bad road conditions and the traffic here makes you either a rough driver or a really good one
Jul 25, 2022 4:55 AM

Dec 2012
My country is small enough that I don't really need to drive
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 25, 2022 7:10 AM
Oct 2015
I was pretty reckless when I was a teenager. Motorcycle, mostly. I still have PTSD from some of my rash moments. Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I'm still alive.
Now I'm too scared for that shit. I drive calm and collected now. Now I have specific goals to achieve in my life; unlike being in college, didn't give a rat's ass about anything at all.
Jul 25, 2022 7:19 AM

Aug 2015
Can't drive because of attention issues, so that's a done deal.
Jul 25, 2022 7:44 AM

Jun 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Bakchos said:
Only the Kona caught on fire, not the other two. Well, I didn't say I was willing to spend that much money on the Ioniq 5 or EV6. Only that I'd consider it, lol. Thinking about it doesn't cost anything. At the end of the day, I just can't justify that price tag to the accountant myself.

But if you can think about it then you know, you could pick it, it is already more than what I can do, I cannot even think about it lmao

Gotta say bro. It is funny af to me that you keep saying the Kona caught on fire, because Kona is like cona. It means pussy in my language. The pussy caught on fire. Middle school joke but it is funny to me. The car is even called Kauai here instead.

Jul 25, 2022 8:06 AM

Jun 2022
I am a good driver. Used to ride karts for competitions as a kid.
七転び八起き
Jul 25, 2022 8:15 AM

Feb 2018
I'm your typical driver that will crush everyone on the road just because.
Jul 25, 2022 8:21 AM

Aug 2018
The one that hit a man in 06 I wish he knew how much I think of him.
_______I like rocks__
Jul 25, 2022 9:38 AM

Oct 2021
I'm an excellent driver. I drive a bicycle.
Jul 25, 2022 10:22 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Thanks, @_meimei! Wow, you guys are the best.

You can be my personal driver and bodyguard! Verthandi will graciously pay for everything.

Jul 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Mar 2021
I'm ok at everything but changing lanes because its just too stressful
Jul 25, 2022 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
12 years, not a single crash, never lost more than 1 point at a time on my license. I guess I used to have mild road rage outbursts. Nowadays I just wanna get to job in time without stressing, so I get up 10 mins earlier.

I tend to think that as long as you have good brakes, reaction time, and stay on your fucking lane, driving is safe. So why are so many mfs driving on the opposite lane in corners with no visibility? :skull:

I drive some unholy thing, a Abarth Fiat 500, 135hp and a turbo for just 1 ton, which guzzles way too much gas for my liking. Thinking about getting it switched to ethanol. That thing climbs to 130 kmh in 3rd gear without protesting (except for the plane-at-takeoff noise) but the local gas station owner has a mild orgasm everytime I do that U_U
It's also still a Fiat 500, so I have to drive like a grandma on most country roads or my suspensions die...
DeathkoJul 25, 2022 12:26 PM
Jul 25, 2022 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
Thanks, @_meimei! Wow, you guys are the best.

You can be my personal driver and bodyguard! Verthandi will graciously pay for everything.

Sweet B) brb just need to learn some martial art or combat skills..
Jul 25, 2022 1:40 PM

Jun 2019
Deathko said:
12 years, not a single crash, never lost more than 1 point at a time on my license. I guess I used to have mild road rage outbursts. Nowadays I just wanna get to job in time without stressing, so I get up 10 mins earlier.

I tend to think that as long as you have good brakes, reaction time, and stay on your fucking lane, driving is safe. So why are so many mfs driving on the opposite lane in corners with no visibility? :skull:

I drive some unholy thing, a Abarth Fiat 500, 135hp and a turbo for just 1 ton, which guzzles way too much gas for my liking. Thinking about getting it switched to ethanol. That thing climbs to 130 kmh in 3rd gear without protesting (except for the plane-at-takeoff noise) but the local gas station owner has a mild orgasm everytime I do that U_U
It's also still a Fiat 500, so I have to drive like a grandma on most country roads or my suspensions die...

lmao I relate to plane at takeoff noise and too much gas. But my car is like too big imo, so on the other side of the coin. It is a 2003 Toyota Rav4. It is good for the country roads around where I live but I am thinking of downsizing.

Jul 25, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2019
I actually just got my license. I try to take things slowly like a granny even though at the same time I have a lead foot that may occasionally peak the speed limit.
Jul 25, 2022 3:59 PM

Aug 2017
No, no and no. I'm already scared of accidents so I'm not going to drive in my whole life. I don't really it anyways, I barely go outside.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 25, 2022 4:34 PM

Feb 2021
Got my permit to drive when I was 15, kinda crazy that here in Florida 15 year olds are allowed to drive.

Well I honestly don't like driving that much, and it seems I drive better when I'm alone for some reason.
Jul 25, 2022 6:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A careful and speed-limit-watching driver for the most part, but that might change if I can one day get my hands on something with a little more horsepower than your average economy car

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 25, 2022 10:45 PM

Sep 2019
Depends on the car I'm driving, is it just your average day to day car? Then safe and precocious driving it is. If it's a something like scat pack though...then you just gotta let loose and pray for the best.
Jul 26, 2022 4:53 AM
Jan 2020
Bakchos said:
Deathko said:

lmao I relate to plane at takeoff noise and too much gas. But my car is like too big imo, so on the other side of the coin. It is a 2003 Toyota Rav4. It is good for the country roads around where I live but I am thinking of downsizing.

Automatic transmission in a 4x4 is like stickers on a ferrari.
inactive
Jul 26, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
Verthandi11 said:

Aww, Verthandi-sama!! <3
(I was waiting for days for someone to reply!)

Like, hell yeah! That is the life I've always dreamed of. I hope our little deal still stands...!
ure too expensive dude i already filled my position. but ill share my chauffeur with all driving impaired

_meimei said:
@149597871 my passenger seats always open to you, you don’t even have to ask ! Same goes for you, @Verthandi11. But the chauffeur option is probably much nicer and fancier.
thanks meimei ill hit u up if i dont take my chauffeur when i visit canada
Jul 26, 2022 12:45 PM

Jul 2020
The one without a license lol.
When I used to have one though I'd always watch the speed limit and be careful on the road
Jul 26, 2022 6:24 PM

Jun 2019
foxecairn said:
Bakchos said:

Why? Automatic handles better hills and most terrains than manual. Less getting stuck in mud too.

Jul 26, 2022 7:19 PM

Jul 2010
I'm decent I would say. Never had an accident in my life but there is a lot of luck in it. When I was a teenager I was a little bit too much of a daredevil for sure. Whenever there was snow, I would powerslide my way to work in my WRX like a madman, which was kinda douchey. I don't own any sports cars anymore and nowadays I drive a boring EV (e-golf) like a upstanding citizen.

Jul 27, 2022 12:25 PM

Jul 2022
I like to go fast and smooth, but it doesn't mean I like risky driving. When in city I often shift from 3 to 5 just to accelerate faster, often change lines and I'm trying not to use breaks - instead I just coast as far as it will be smooth and brake when I really need to stop. I don't use horn when it's no need to, I often let other driver pass when it won't slow me down. Despite this I have very dynamic driving style and I often come from work to home in about 22 minutes instead 28 (as Google predict). In long routes I try to drive 120 km/h when possible, no faster, but it's because of fuel consumption. When fuel is not important then I like to go faster, as fast as engine can until it's safe. It's very different when it comes to drive a tram. I like to drive tram on limit. Without passengers, at depot I like to brake hard and accelerate with 100% power, often making my coworkers scared xD. But when it comes to drive through city I prefer to slow down more than needed, because a lot of drivers don't see trams. When there's no traffic lights then drivers often go right in front of the tram.
Jul 27, 2022 12:33 PM

Jun 2008
I regularly go above the speed limit, but did get a ticket recent from a camera going 65km on a 50km. Rough af when it's on a sunday in the summer and the school area is completely empty.
Jul 27, 2022 3:46 PM
Jan 2020
Bakchos said:
foxecairn said:

Why? Automatic handles better hills and most terrains than manual. Less getting stuck in mud too.

If you get stuck in mud with auto its over ggwp
inactive
Jul 27, 2022 11:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Better than Charles Lecuck..at least i dont spin around and run over the barricades

Jul 31, 2022 12:18 PM

Jun 2022
foxecairn said:
Bakchos said:

If you know what you are doing automatic and manual have no difference in traction. It helps that automatic cars are heavier as well.
七転び八起き
Jul 31, 2022 12:24 PM
Jan 2020
Botero said:
foxecairn said:

If you know what you are doing automatic and manual have no difference in traction. It helps that automatic cars are heavier as well.

Bullshit. You have to change the auto to manual mode to change the gears yourself. So manual is what gets you out of the mud.
inactive
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What was the first time a woman had an armor bikini in fiction?

Absurdo_N - 59 minutes ago

6 by Absurdo_N »»
5 minutes ago

» Cheese Nips and the tragedy of discontinued snacks

Nette - 1 hour ago

3 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
11 minutes ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

97 by DigiCat »»
12 minutes ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

34 by Noboru »»
17 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

93 by digitalbird »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.