Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 9, 2021 4:54 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Avvenirista said:
Smudy said:
I wonder if that's Miranjo's real look or something she wishes to be, if it's first then i really like it.

I'd say it's a magical automaton that looks like her old self.
That said, unless I misread a past foreshadowing, her real body should be still preserved in that icy room connected to the underworld so maybe we'll see what her real body (that could be very well be a corpse) really looks like sooner or later.

I was thinking at first that it could have been Bojji's mom in the icy statue room but i think, that can be easily discarded now and didn't really make sense as well so have to bide our time on the reveals.
Dec 9, 2021 5:02 PM
May 2015
Really great episode. Hiling really portrays a mother's unconditional love, going so far for both her sons regardless of biological affiliation. I was so invested I thought Daida was going to be reunited with her this ep and was heartbroken when she was knocked out and he practically falls into despair again.

Khunime said:
No Bojji and Kage screentime this ep. I am amazed by how the fighting scene went as Queen Hiling was protected by her bodyguard. Glad they both survived but they are gonna leave the place. Interesting development. Does King Bosse like this girl in the mirror.

I thought he did when he said she was the most pure and the most beautiful. Whether he's playing along to keep her happy and from destroying everything (he is doing things behind her back) or if he is genuinely in love with her I don't know. But I think at the very least Miranjo loves him.
Dec 9, 2021 5:22 PM
May 2018
I wanted Dorshe to do something and here we have a Dorshe-centered episode with backstory and epic action. Heck, even the beasts got their backstories too.

Thank you Ousama Ranking, another banger episode.
Dec 9, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
Kings Ranking keeps on slapping , Dorshe going from a background character to a pretty hype ass dude in one episode lol glad he made it mad respect to someone pulling some souls shit rocking two shields
Dec 9, 2021 5:33 PM
Oct 2016
Best Bodyguard Dorshe

Dec 9, 2021 6:14 PM
Jan 2019
Awesome love it you can feel it if you watch
Dec 9, 2021 7:12 PM

May 2021
This episode was actually really good, other than the Miranjo monologue in the middle which felt out of place (Could have used some conversation instead?).

It built up the character of the queen with all the growth through the eyes of Dorshe, and allowed it to deliver the strong and noisy climax, the flashback was actually useful to solve different questions (Why is this guy not obeying the King? Well, it was kind of his mission to not do so) and the fight was ridiculous. It also glued Bosse's motivation, which was something needed to clear the two different paths that could unravel his character (I like the phrase "I'm going with the flow", they are building up some interesting conflict there).

A lot of things done here, and the pacing was extremely good. I can see that they poured some extreme effort to make this one of the best episodes of the series because the narrative exploits the essence of the anime

Dec 9, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2019
Best episode in a long while. Hiling continues to develop into a great character, but I feel like what they did to develop Bosse, Miranjo, and Daida was much more significant. I’m fully back on board this anime again.
Dec 9, 2021 8:38 PM

Jul 2021
That was a great episode, the relationships and interactions between Bojji, Hiling and Dorshe was so heartwarming and cute.

Dorshe is a real man, he's created to be likable and I liked him already

Bosse is so mysterious, he doesn't look like a bad guy but his actions say the opposite
AronicsDec 9, 2021 8:46 PM
Dec 9, 2021 9:15 PM

Oct 2016
Yo, insanely great episode! I love Hiling so much, best mom. It's awesome how they can just make us instantly like a character, like what they did with Dorshe this episode. Plus, his weapon of choice is so sick and unique, I mean, dual wielding spikey shields!? Like bro, that's sick.

I honestly wonder if Bosse knew he was gonna get revived, or he probably knew, but he doesn't really want to deep inside, he's just going with the flow right now, kind of keeping Miranjo in check.

Yuki Kaji back at it again with the insane screaming, that Daida breakdown scene was so good, from the visuals to the voice acting. It's really nice to see too, Daida feeling what it's like to be in Bojji's world. I hope Hiling and Dorshe goes to Bojji or something. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 9, 2021 10:05 PM

Apr 2015
Great, now Hiling is my favorite character and Dorshe the most underrated one. Can't wait to see whos the next to surprise me.
Dec 9, 2021 11:17 PM

Dec 2018
I guess Bosse is planning smth and it has to do with kagami. Maybe he's waiting for Bojji to come as he's already known that Bojji is currently the strongest person. But damn man, Bosse is just a crap of a father.
Dec 9, 2021 11:20 PM

Apr 2021
Well I must say this anime is really good....you can figure that out yourself just by looking at the ratings on Mal but still this fall 2021....this is one anime I really look forward to watch every week....That said this was a good episode....I really want to see Bojji and Kage again!!!!
Dec 9, 2021 11:22 PM

Nov 2021
It was really beautiful. The Queen is probably a favorite character of mine at this point. She's brash, but caring-- She just lets her anger get ahead of her own brains! Daida breaking down was hard to see too. He's still just a kid, after all.
There was a shot during the fight where the guard mister was thrown against the wall, but it became a POV shot for a moment. Totally seamless. The episodes all have different flavors, but they effectively bring out the best of whatever is happening.

Dec 10, 2021 1:23 AM

Feb 2020
it is official.

Queen Hilling best girl of the season.
Dec 10, 2021 1:40 AM

Feb 2010
Impressive episode as always,

Queen Hiling is really the best girl of the season. Is this some scenario where King Bosse actually wants Bojji kill him or smth? feels like he didn't want to hurt Hiling or any of his family members at all. He's a shit father for sure tho.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 10, 2021 2:11 AM

Aug 2018
I think when Bosse said he's going with the flow that kinda added everything together for his character:

First Bosse and Miranjo meet devil, because at this point in his life, Bosse cared about being the strongest more than his future family. Then, after finally gaining that strength at the cost of Bojji's strength, he regrets, and vows to protect Bojji with everything, thus ending his adventures and founding their kingdom. Next, Bosse dies and Miranjo reincarnates him using Daida as a vessel, this scene in particular is important because what Bosse says when he awakens, "so, ive sacrificed another son". "Another" is obviously referencing the power stolen from Bojji, but the overall word choice leaves me to believe he has no desire to reincarnate, but some kind of former contract with Miranjo has left his hands bound. Whether this is a contract like the one he made with the demon or if he actually has feelings for Miranjo is still up in the air. but something is preventing Bosse from taking direct action against Miranjo, which is why he's orchestrating things in the background, like telling Domas to destroy the gate to the underworld, and then making Miranjo use up her energy by dancing with him.

Also, Bosse might not know how to reverse the potion that reincarnated him inside of Daida, so he might actually need Miranjo in order to pull that off.
Poyo.
Dec 10, 2021 3:02 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! This show just keeps getting better and better! (cuz it's very hard to predict on what's gonna happen on the next events)
the stellar performance again by Kaji Yuki (Daida) LOLZ when Kajikaji said: "koroshite KOROSHITE!!!" haha sounds like Eren! LOLZ
Queen Hilings determination and of course the Sakuga fight between Dorshe and those three demondogs who was tasked to assassinate Hiling! DAMN!!!
5/5!
matias067Dec 10, 2021 3:10 AM

Dec 10, 2021 3:18 AM
Mar 2021
one of the virtues of having such simple, cartoony designs is it's waaaaay easier to animate fluidly on a budget. a lot of low budget anime have these intricately designed characters but then they try to move, and it's just a mess. With more simple designs, what you sacrifice in realism you make up for in greater expressiveness in the animation.

all this to say, hot damn the animation on this show is great. It's not great in the "sakuga" sense, but more like classic animation, like early Disney shorts. There's some real flexing going on here from the animators.

also, the writing is so economical, and yet so full of hidden meaning. There's always an implication that there's more layers, more going on than we know, and every episode we're getting more and more peeled back.

I don't know that I have the critical vocabulary to really explain why this show is a masterclass, but it is.
Dec 10, 2021 3:20 AM
Sep 2016
damn, im realy luv it. after a while I decided to start watching anime again and i faced it. Guysngirls its masterpice, i swear. I realized this after watching 2nd ep. Piece <3
Dec 10, 2021 3:25 AM

Feb 2014
So King Bosse is just playing his part as its fated. It seems like he's repaying Miranjo for something he was indebted to.
I guess the endgame gonna hit hard on both ends.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 10, 2021 4:34 AM

May 2008
This episode was an emotional roller coaster. I love Hiliing more and more!

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
Dec 10, 2021 5:25 AM

Sep 2020
the support characters are so interesting, in an episode without the mc appearing much, this episode was still a good watch. I still don't know what King Bosse's objectives are, either I wasn't paying attention or he hasn't revealed it yet, he did say he was "going with the flow" so maybe he doesn't even know himself.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 10, 2021 5:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bojji mother proposed by asking her to fight. Hiling? Just make that ex sistah impressed by creating whatever shiny thing that was from a mere giant wooden mace. Sasuga, Bosse-sama!

Queen Hiling and Bojji scene always touch my heart so hard with their wholesomeness. Not to mention how Dorsche coming in to their picture, created a happiness to their daily lifes, before all bad shit happened since Bosse death. Glad that the shield of the queen accomplished his mission outstandingly. Sometimes the defender shall launch a counterattack to stop the nonstop attack, right?

Back to Bossee scheming, he asked Miranjo to dance, which somehow also tested her magic power too. She's still powerless as she stated and decide to gather more monsters at the underworld, which you already know Domas and Hokuro has tasked to destroy every monsters there before. Looks like the next will be screening his pov, and possibly back to Bojji again.

Its true that Daida being trapped, but also true he's inside his own body while being used by Bosse. His comment to kill magic mirror might comes true on the future. But, is it alright? While the place also got him a good lesson to understand more about his older brother's view to the world, Daida need to be more wise before even get out of the place.

So, lets just aside what Bosse promise from Miranjo on the past, regarding her desire over Hiling assassination, and lets back to the progression of the mc of these series, Bojji. I seriously miss Kage absurd form...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 10, 2021 6:22 AM

Jan 2019
So... why was it again that he took his armor off?

Hilling looking for the source of Daida's voice was kinda of a silly scene since the first place she searched wasn't inside Bosse.

That woman is so much waifu material, though.

And the animation is excellent, as always. I wish more anime had such great action sequences where you can actually follow what is happening on the screen.
Dec 10, 2021 7:10 AM

Jan 2021
Man the character writing in this show is soo good, the story is as mysterious as ever as well.

I don't feel like Bosse is the villian here either soo many questions need answering.
Dec 10, 2021 7:37 AM
Oct 2019
What an emotional episode...
From Dorshe, Queen Hiling and Daida.

Character Development for Daida?
Hell Yeah.

Still curious about what Bosse main objective.
Dec 10, 2021 7:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
samsince04 said:
the support characters are so interesting, in an episode without the mc appearing much, this episode was still a good watch. I still don't know what King Bosse's objectives are, either I wasn't paying attention or he hasn't revealed it yet, he did say he was "going with the flow" so maybe he doesn't even know himself.

I rarely ever see a show that can make episodes succeed just for its focus on supporting characters and not have the MC's in it. Just really damn good job from the author to make this possible.
Dec 10, 2021 8:18 AM
Oct 2020
Daida's situation is no joke, Imagine getting trapped in a dark place without anyone or anything. Just you and your sanity...
Dec 10, 2021 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
Hiling is such a great character tbh. Dorshe also, of course. I mean, every characters in this anime is flawlessly written

Great episode
Dec 10, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
Hiling is such a great character, who would have thought this after her initial introduction in episode 1....Dorsche is great as well.

Have high hopes for Daida, who knows what an awesome character he'll become
Dec 10, 2021 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
I miss Bojji, XD

but this episode was very good... Hiling and Daida scene, trying to find each other, was so well made... not to mention the fight... honestly, wouldn't be surprised if they killed Dorshe, or even Hiling (I was tense during the fight, because when they shown Miranjo "recruiting" the monsters, there's 4... and only 3 were attacking... was waiting for a 4th to appear after he defeated the first 3, XD )
Dec 10, 2021 3:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nice frames from Dorshe's monstrous suplex

Dec 10, 2021 4:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I have to admit that the animation during Dorshe's fight scene was pretty good. It seems like Bosse is just biding his time in Diada's body in hoping the Boji would return. I feel sorry for Hiling that she can't get her son back right now and she really cares about Boji and Daida.
Dec 10, 2021 8:39 PM
Oct 2007
Still no need to change my 10/10 score.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2021 12:11 AM

Jul 2021
Smol Bojji Kawaii

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 11, 2021 1:17 AM

Sep 2018
What I really love on this show is they give backstory to every characters! It's not all about Bojji only.
I feel sad for Hiling.. she's really a loving mother. I thought Hiling and Daida or Bosse is the villain but now, I don't know anymore.
Dec 11, 2021 6:45 AM

Aug 2021
I am so close to rate this anime a 10/10
Dec 11, 2021 10:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
luccide said:
Still no need to change my 10/10 score.

Ever since episode 2 this was on 10/10 status and it has kept it up to now, i'm hopeful it won't flunk.
Dec 11, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2020
Hiling was so cute in that flashback. And to think she looked like another evil stepmom when this show started. I love how they subverted that trope, and Hiling's probably my favorite character now. Anyway, Dorshe was great, and I felt kinda bad for Daida. That last line really hits.
Dec 11, 2021 12:18 PM
May 2020
what i like about this so far is that there are quite definitely villains in this anime but there's yet to be an antagonist which makes it interesting cos we can see something big being pieced up together but we don't know what the final product is gonna be.

another fighting scene with beautiful choreography and animation. if you're not hyped every episode den we are watching two completely different anime
Dec 11, 2021 4:17 PM
Jul 2021
This episode was great. I'm almost certain Bosse himself can not deal of the magic mirror for some reason And is playing a role in front of her, the fact that he told Dorshe to taking Hiling and leaving to To keep them alive reinforces this possibility.
Dec 11, 2021 5:25 PM
Jun 2021
I thought Dorshe was about to die
Dec 11, 2021 5:45 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nekron_Alkor said:
I thought Dorshe was about to die

Queen Hiling has him covered :muscle:

Dec 11, 2021 7:04 PM
Mar 2019
A well-written and well-directed episode. We got to see another flashback featuring Queen Hiling, and it's just so sweet how she put a lot of efforts into learning sign language to connect with Bojji. The last part gave me goosebumps, Daida finally experienced the world his brother lives in, but I felt really sorry for his current state right now.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Dec 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2011
Man, seeing Bosse and Miranjo dance around was unbearable. And I am so done with her chuckling, it's getting on my nerves.

But holy shit the scene with Hiling being able to hear her son cry out in desperation straight-up moved me to my core. That was really well executed, both in terms of acting and how real it felt! Hiling might be my fav from now on, she won't have any of the bs she's being sold and will do anything for her son(s).

Also Daida's realization at the very end, where he asks himself if that is how Bojji feels all the time -- definitely intriguing.

The series is doing much better right now than I expected. Waiting for more!
Dec 12, 2021 11:08 AM
Nov 2020
I love how Hilling would do anything for BOTH of her sons without hesitation...
Dec 12, 2021 12:08 PM

May 2009
So fucking good episode with one big animation error. How did director overlook animator's drawing Hilling with chin like Domas and even longer nose than usual, when she was walking to the throne room.
Dec 12, 2021 2:37 PM

Oct 2019
Dorshe is a rather OP dude. He managed to take out three powerful hell-monsters which can kill giants though he almost died in the process. Each individual piece of his armor appeared to weigh a ton, which is why he was so slow. He is built for 'slow defence' when armored but is very agile and fast when he removes it.

I think 'the task' Bosse mentioned in Dorshe's flashback scene was to have Dorshe actually protect Hiling from the claws of the mirror witch and her demon and the question Bosse asked Dorshe in the current day ("will you choose me or Hilling"?) was not to tell him to let the monsters kill Hilling but to test him once again.

Bosse apparently wants to stop the mirror witch and her demon but he is probably powerless to do it on his own. Hilling is apparently a second sacrificial lamb in exchange for Bosse's power or -most likely, due to the timing- his resurrection in the body of his second son. Sorry, she is the third one, I forgot Daida.

How vain, shameless, shallow and power-hungry can a person be to agree to sacrifice two sons and one or two wives (we still do not know how his first wife died) merely for.. power? And did he regret his actions now (in his new body) or was he trying -as it appears he did- to eat his cake and have it too right from the start? Bosse is a truly pathetic, repulsive, vomit-inducing character.. As repugnant as Hyakkimaru's father in Dororo..
Dec 12, 2021 3:02 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sharpedon said:
As repugnant as Hyakkimaru's father in Dororo..

I didn't even think about this comparison, you're absolutely right.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

109 by filoshi »»
Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

231 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

224 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

119 by Lanz »»
May 22, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

110 by Lanz »»
May 20, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.