Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2021 1:56 PM
Mar 2018
i thougt Nagisa's VA was Minase Inori tho
Jul 2, 2021 2:01 PM

Feb 2021
Rytakahashi09 said:
Lol people who take this anime seriously probably know nothing about Hiroyuki's works

So sorry for not doing my research beforehand? LOL
Jul 2, 2021 2:02 PM
Apr 2018
This was a funny first ep. This mc has the biggest balls dude mf actually dating two girls at the same time. Futaro take some notes and date all quints please.
Nov 2020
Naoya is on a whole different level.
If Saki Saki had agreed to threesome he would have made babies with both Nagisa and Saki.....LOL

I don't know if Saki's mother knew he was two timing her daughter when she gave permission for her to stay with him. It's so funny to see Minase being comfortable with anything. Never gonna happen in real life though.

Itadori's VA is apt for Naoya's voice. For some reason Naoya's enthusiasm reminds me of Iida. Sueharu would be a f*cking Wimp infront of Naoya...LMAO
I think this is gonna be better than Osamake.

Sep 2020
Rytakahashi09 said:
Lol people who take this anime seriously probably know nothing about Hiroyuki's works

facts lmao. you’re not supposed to take this seriously but people definitely will and probably hate it for that
Jul 2, 2021 2:09 PM
Apr 2021
the voice cast made this 10x funnier than the manga, i wasn't sure about naoya's seiyu, but he did an excellent job, i loved this first episode
Jul 2, 2021 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
Rytakahashi09 said:

*People who take these kind of anime seriously need to touch some grass

Can already tell that this won't be as fun as Doujin Work or Aho Girl.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2021 2:21 PM
Feb 2021
ERROR-88 said:
Naoya is the rom-com protagonist that I have always wished for. No bullshit and just straightforward.

EXACTLY!!! HahahahahahHah
Jul 2, 2021 2:24 PM
Apr 2020
Motherfuck*r was it hard to watch, they thik its funny but its full of cringe. I think I've seen hentai protagonist with character than mc.
F*** this show
Jul 2, 2021 2:24 PM
Feb 2021
z00nex said:
I absolutely love the VAs, they're all great. These characters are so dumb and over the top that I love it. I hope it'll be as funny as the manga. The animation was meh.

The seiyuu did great job at emotions! I laughed so hard the entire time! Kudos.
Jul 2, 2021 2:29 PM

Jun 2020
Hiroyuki is too good. His creativity and comedic style are on point and it stand out compared to others.
Jul 2, 2021 2:30 PM

Dec 2020
Naoto straight ask saki to have a triangular relationship with Nagisa bro the reaction was so good haha i laufh so hard and then saki say that she is so cuute was hilarious.
They two are so cute.

The comedy aspect of this anime is very good.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 2, 2021 2:33 PM
May 2017
FMmatron said:

Can already tell that this won't be as fun as Doujin Work or Aho Girl.

Agree, this has more romance, less screaming and violence. It won't be as funny

May 2020
Zanbaka said:
Expected it to be way more cringe, but was surprisingly not too bad and I enjoyed the episode a lot tbh. Also got some serious One Winged Angel vibes from the soundtrack that played when Sakisaki went raid boss mode lmao.

Jhyrj said:
The animation is good for the girls but for the Naoya and others it isn't that good, also why is he always screaming like is he ok? The plot is 7/10, Nagisa is cute and the white haired girl idk her name that's all im looking forward for the next episode.

Well that's basically what this series is, and if you thought this episode was over the top, it gets even more extreme later on.

Also white hair girls name is Shino btw

EthereaL015 said:
I was laughing all through the entire episode, I'm in for this trashy history.

I hope this doesn't go to a cringe series like OsaMake and will go to something like Rent a Girlfriend.

Nope, this is nothing like Rent a Girlfriend
, this is way more over the top and less bullshit

I was talking about my enjoyment, I really liked Rent a Gilrfriend despite being cringy sometimes while I hated Osamake, so that's why I said I hoped this will be something enjoyable for me.

Jan 2021
It kinda underperformed for me because I was expecting something else but it clearly has more fan service but yeah it’s just the first episode so no prejudices from me
Jul 2, 2021 2:34 PM

Oct 2020
Looks really good and the VAs are amazing, especially Sakura Ayane. Got really dissapointed with Osamake so looking forward to this.

Jul 2, 2021 2:35 PM
Mar 2021
Raise your hands who have Laughed Their A*s Off in the whole 1st episode.
Jul 2, 2021 2:38 PM

Aug 2020
Holly pleasuu no ! It's fine but is so cringe.

I still love the VA's and the OP, Hella LET'S GO!

Jul 2, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2012
This somehow, weirdly feels refreshing.

Idk if it's because of MC's straightforward behavior and perspective, or because the other girl didn't mind sharing...something feels new in all of this
Jul 2, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
this was about 100x more enjoyable then I expected
Jul 2, 2021 2:46 PM

Sep 2020
God, why hast thou forsaken me?

... I think I'll pass this one.
Seems pretty fun, though.
If we consider the cringeness of male protagonists, we can take a shot on this one.
Jul 2, 2021 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
Solid start if you ask me! Let's hope that this one doesn't derail after 3 episodes.

This is interesting, this MC is legit something else. Not only did Naoya suggest to date both Saki and Nagisa at the same time, he even suggested a threesome. What a guy. I like it. He can be pretty annoying and I feel like he was created on purpose to be just that.

Can't say I am too overly fond of the animation yet, however that punch was pretty darn good.

Girls are cute and the fanservice so far is great! The cast is stacked with talented voice actors. It's here to stay and I look forward to see what direction it will take.
Jul 2, 2021 2:55 PM

Feb 2019
i actually really liked this episode, i hope the rest of the series is similar :)
Jul 2, 2021 2:56 PM

Jun 2020
this is a horrendous approach to polyamory, but it's so ????????? fucking funny. Naoya is quite possibly the dumbest anime character I have ever laid my eyes upon, I am not exagerrating, he is now my number one dumbest anime character of all time. plus... Saki is sort of best girl.

I am ready for the rest, bring it on.
Jul 2, 2021 3:00 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Rip, my brain cells. Half the episode, I was internally screaming "this is so wrong" but for some reason, the episode was genuinely fun and that's a little unsettling xD.

In any case, the girls are seriously cute and the interactions between the characters seem fresh so I'll stick around and see how it goes. And the MC, just freakin' die. He's got them both, ffs.

Op and ED seem pretty lively too and fits the theme of the show.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2, 2021 3:06 PM

Jun 2021
Generic VA casting [✓]
Animation that looks decent at first but then you realize that all the wider shots look like trash and utilize a lot of still images [✓]
Poor "ecchi" attempt that would only excite a middle school boy [✓]
Boring plot that is sleep inducing [✓]

Congratulations, you have been diagnosed with Tezuka Productions-titis. You're only cure is to drop the anime and go straight to the manga.
Jul 2, 2021 3:10 PM

Jan 2021
Bruh this anime is so cringe. I cant wait for the next episode give it now.
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jul 2, 2021 3:14 PM

Jan 2019
It's so cringe... well... I like it😂
This episode made me laugh so much, I hope next episodes will be as good as this one
Jul 2, 2021 3:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
As fun as the manga so far it's not disappointing, especially for the entertainment part, also it has some good colors I can't wait to see the next episode
Jul 2, 2021 3:28 PM

Jun 2017
Ah yes, guilty pleasure peak degeneracy. I love it.

Already better than Osamake, no bullshit cringy mind games and lies, straight to the good stuff. Just turn off your brain and enjoy the ride, this doesn't take itself seriously so you don't have to either.
Jul 2, 2021 3:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yup just as hysterical as ever. Extremely silly but a lot of fun

I still feel like Naoya's voice is not at all what I imagined it like in the manga but I guess I'll get used to it
Oct 2020
I hate the mc so much
Oct 2020
I hate the mc so much
Jul 2, 2021 3:32 PM

Feb 2020
Damn that was so cringe. dropped
Jul 2, 2021 3:46 PM
May 2021
The OP is kinda meh, the ED fits better. The show itself... Too early to tell, but already had plenty of laughs, so it's doing well for a romcom!
Jul 2, 2021 3:52 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah, I'm not sure if I will continue this. The premise was ridiculous and I was just not going to watch it but I decided to give it a chance just in case but I might not last till the end.

Somehow I went from liking Naoya in the opening minutes for being so open with Saki-chan to extremely neutral when the Nagisa stuff happened. I guess him being overly serious about the ridiculousness of the situation didn't work for me.

Honestly, the only reason I might continue this is probably for Saki-chan, Ayane Sakura and the rest of seiyuu cast. All of Saki-chan's reactions are absolute gold. I love the way she blushes and gets flustered.
Jul 2, 2021 4:05 PM
Mar 2019
This was Hilarious 😂
Jul 2, 2021 4:39 PM

Oct 2014
Casting of Ayaneru and Enoki are perfect.
Waki Azumi is also solid as a seiyuu, tho unfortunately this time for her the char of Nagisa is too "nice girl", that the difference of acting skill between her and the other two are clear.
Well, "her chance" will come.
Jul 2, 2021 4:47 PM
Mar 2021
jTiKey said:
If someone is really in love with someone they wouldn't want to date someone else. Another straight guy harem fantasy.

polyamorous people exist and just because we can have multiple partners doesn't mean we love any of them less, but I do agree that this anime is probably gonna be a "male fantasy" sorta thing
Jul 2, 2021 4:48 PM

Jul 2019
This anime is dumb. But I can't deny that I like this shit.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 2, 2021 4:59 PM

Oct 2020
Damn, Naoyo sure does jump to conclusions quickly. That whole debacle in the classroom was pretty hilarious. Naoyo really does give off that generic dense harem protagonist feel. Not sure how I feel about the whole "multiple partner" aspect though, it really seems like he's cucking the girls. Well, this show has a plethora of interesting and cute girls with lots of comedic aspects, as well. I'm interested in where this show goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2021 5:16 PM

Sep 2018
lol, that was one of the most hilarious over the top first episodes I've seen in a long time.

The MC does remind me of the MC from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san, you can easily tell it's the same author.
Jul 2, 2021 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
I don't care, I'll finish this gag
it's funny as hell
Jul 2, 2021 5:43 PM
Jan 2018
This episode adapted the first 3 chapters and the anime will probably end at chapter 35.
Jul 2, 2021 5:48 PM

Feb 2017
Dang what a Simp Overlord but at the same time Ultra Chad at Heart.

I love trash and this is something new I haven't experienced before, so quite refreshing to watch.
Jul 2, 2021 5:49 PM

Jan 2021
I've noticed that most people seeing this series would think this one would be the same as osamake was, but they were wrong, I REPEAT THEY WERE WRONG you'll never regret watching this though you'll having fun watching this one unless you don't like this kind of stuff based in your different preferences, i loved how they adapted this one since the manga just started last year that was pretty fast to get an anime adaptation however this episode is really fun haha even they were shouting loud its like a unique way of communicating to each other expected from the creator of Mangaka san to Assistant san and Aho Girl that never disappointed me watching from the beginning of the episode and having fun watching it even they were weird just would like to see some unique stuff that will make you laugh with some romantic stuff and also can't wait to see the next episode!
TensoruJul 2, 2021 5:58 PM
Jul 2, 2021 5:54 PM
Feb 2021
This anime gives me love as war vibes. Stupid moments are what are making this show amazing. I didn’t expect this show to be this funny, overall I rated this anime a 9. the show itself is dumb but amazing at the same time just like love is war.
Jul 2, 2021 6:05 PM
Jun 2013
jTiKey said:
If someone is really in love with someone they wouldn't want to date someone else. Another straight guy harem fantasy.

Oh my sweet summer child, you're too pure and innocent for this world huh? kkkkkk
Jul 2, 2021 6:10 PM

Nov 2017
Nice animation,pretty good OP,pretty decent ED,good comedy.
I agree with some,the manga seems to be a better medium for it,since I've read the first 3 tl'd volumes,but I think this might get better.
And on another point,I quite like Naoya,at least he's upfront about what he wants to do,to a fault.
Nagisa on the other hand,she's as cute as I hoped she'd be :)

Good job with the CV's too,seems to fit nicely so far.
Jul 2, 2021 6:20 PM
May 2016
Completely exceeded my expectations. I expected it to be another one of the trashy harem "comedies"/"parodies" like "Osamake" or "Oresuki" but the high-energy over-the-top ridiculousness is great. Its one of the types of comedy I really enjoy. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

106 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 24, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

116 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

181 by bem_bir_ilke3 »»
Mar 11, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2021

96 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 29, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

90 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 28, 4:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.