Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
hori: if you fall for someone else, it better be a girl!

hori... wtf ?like cmon all my homies likes gay couples. you are just weird

besides that i really loved the episode. maybe my favorite episode so far. also good for yuki but i teared up for sakura. this episode really made sakura my favorite character and i just want her to be happy. Why do i lowkey want her and yanagi to be a thing?? they both precious.
Mar 13, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2020
quite a sad ep for Sakura :(
More focused on Yuki which I liked
Mar 13, 2021 12:00 PM
May 2018
im sad for sakura i wanted her to be with toru i hope she finds happiness and someone who deserves her love
Mar 13, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
i really agree with sengoku. toru must be a big idiot if he doesn't like someone like sakura.

Mar 13, 2021 12:10 PM
May 2011
minfairys said:
i really agree with sengoku. toru must be a big idiot if he doesn't like someone like sakura.

And an even bigger idiot for liking Yuki.
Mar 13, 2021 12:11 PM

May 2015
minial said:
dEeP ...............

Yea... I was like.. WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MAN?!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 13, 2021 12:12 PM
Oct 2020
The anime gets worse with every episode. Again I feel sorry for the Mangaka because I really love the manga but the anime destroys it. The pacing is so off and the way the characters talk seems so unnatural.
Mar 13, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2017
The Hori-Miyamura comedy stuff felt really out of place with this episode, but I do appreciate the show trying to put a bit of focus on the side characters and their own relationship conflicts, focusing on the love triangle between Ishikawa and Sakura/Yuki. Sadly, Sakura got the short end of the stick (even though she's personally for me a lot more sweet and likable and dateable) so the show is basically portraying love as something beautiful yet tragic at the same time for different people in this case. Didn't particularly enjoy the episode and the content but at least it did something different compared to previous episodes in terms of progression.
Mar 13, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2016
This was a great episode, and it really depicts how strong this cast of characters is. Hori and Miyamura are barely even in the episode outside of the first couple of minutes, and yet its quality did not dip at all.
Mar 13, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2020
incredibly powerful episode, wish we could see more eps focused on yuki, sakura and everyone else! they are just as interesting as hori and miyamura and they deserve more development imo
Mar 13, 2021 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
Hori-san! u f*cking homophob!(jk btw)
Wouldn't it be better if he falls for a guy? atleast she can say"yoh he is gay thats why he left me"
And i really hate love triangles,harems and things like that. Its hard for me to see characters that i like fail/cry like that.
Mar 13, 2021 12:38 PM
Mar 2021
I really liked how we got an episode focused on Yuki, I really like how Yuki's and Ishiwaka's relationship is developing. I think that they will be in an actual relationship very soon. Overall, I had no complaints about this episode, I give it a 5/5
Mar 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2020
The only thing that was comedic on this episode is when Kyouko misunderstood the deepening friendship of Izumi, Makio, and Shindou. Going as far as to say to his BF to fall in love with girls. Kyouko, not only are you masochistic, you have ascended to nirvana, but now you'll let your lovely BF to become a (im)possible womanizer?! That is just twisted to me let's be honest

But this episode was HEAVILY focused on Yuki and her struggles with Toruband the eventual third wheel of Sakura. Compared to most of Horimiya episodes, this episode solely focused on the issue between the three, and wow this episode did not improve my liking to Yuki. She truly is selfish, but somewhat shy and indecisive of what she wants, attributing to her bad habit that she do to her onee-chan. Also I agree with her old sis, why would you waste Akane like that, he is an A-tier hottie, any girl can fall to him.

And then the scene between Toru and Yuki in the rooftop. I have to say, even though it is an unintended coincidence, I love the use of homonym and the prevalent use of the word 'yuki' and 'sakura' in the rooftop conversation. Yuki thinks of herself as a snow that is wanted at first, but sticks like ass, and people would anticipate into the blossoming sakura leaves instead. But our boy Tohru atleast puts her spirits up, and reminds her that she chooses to melt away because she does so. Not my favorite realization talk, but hey it cleared up the mess between her, Tohru and Sakura.

BUT I DONT WANT TO SEE SAKURA HURT NO MORE. Obviously she lost the waifu war for Tohru, and even at the start she doesn't have the hope of winning. But still it hurts like a sting to know that your crush rejects you or disregard you before you even confess. It pains me to say that to my best girl Sakura, but love can only choose one true person, and Sakura was just not for for Tohru's ideals. And so we get to the breakdown scene, and I must repeat again, SAKURA DOES NOT NEED TO BE HURT AND BE CRYING, SHE DESERVES BETTER. Well atleast we got Akane vacant...oh sh-
Mar 13, 2021 1:03 PM

Apr 2020
I'm crying thinking that Sakura is crying.

That's how strong character development and character relatibility in Horimiya folks. Yuki you better spoil Tohru now, don't make Sakura's breakdown in vain.

Our sweet girl Sakura deserves better. Hopefully somewhere in the future, she would find her true love, and that relationship and her heart should blossom like the sweet and beautiful pink leaves she is named to be.
Mar 13, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Hori's attitude is really getting on my nerves
Talking about a flat tsundere character
Mar 13, 2021 1:06 PM

Sep 2020
Even without comparing it to last episode this one was fantastic, one of the stories I was most interested in was Yuki, Tooru, and Sakura. It really was a shitty place for all of them and I think it was handled well, "It only hurts more because nobody's in the wrong" was a good quote to summarize this amazing episode. I hope we get more stuff like this in the next three episodes.

Mar 13, 2021 1:20 PM
Sep 2020
Chapters in this episode (in order): first 6 pages of Chapter 60, Chapter 58, Chapter 59, Chapter 61

Man.. they better animate the rest of chapter 60.. I'm mad.
Mar 13, 2021 1:24 PM

Jul 2020
Seriously, poor Sakura T^T

See, this is why I hate rejections lol
Mar 13, 2021 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
This episode reminded me of White Album 2. Happiness and sadness at the same time.
I'm glad Yoshikawa became happy. I feel sorry for Sakura though.
Mar 13, 2021 2:03 PM
Sep 2016
can someone tell me who's Yuki's sister's voice actress please?
Mar 13, 2021 2:08 PM

Apr 2019
I can't be the only one who thinks that this episode felt like it wasn't hitting it's potential. The directing choices were really really annoying at times, the twist in the middle barely affected me because it was so underdone.

That being said, Yuki is a great character and this episode had some nice and some sad moments.

3/5.
my life was made with mematic.
Mar 13, 2021 2:38 PM
Feb 2018
Mangs readers are they adapting the anime right? i mean are there major changes in this adaptation? lmk im curious
Mar 13, 2021 2:43 PM
Nov 2019
WHY IS HORI HOMOPHOBIC LIKE DAMN why do u care if he chooses to be with a man after you bro, that wouldnt be any of your business. Not that they break up but like bro why do u care so much
Mar 13, 2021 2:47 PM

Mar 2015
OzVampire said:
Mangs readers are they adapting the anime right? i mean are there major changes in this adaptation? lmk im curious
somehow I recall in manga Hori became ultra annoying at some point. having a Yoshikawa chapter instead fealt really refreshing back then. I'm not sure but anime probably downplays Hori's cringy side a bit
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 13, 2021 3:37 PM
Feb 2021
Hori is homophobic?!?! CaNcEL
Mar 13, 2021 3:46 PM
Sep 2018
sakura is best girl and yuki was totally in the right calling herself a bad and selfish person. she’s been lying to everyone, including herself, and it seems like the show is going to reward her for it. might end up dropping tbh
Mar 13, 2021 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
Such a conflicting episode, Yuki has cheered up a bit again but damn, so sad for sakura :( she deserves every bit of happiness, but love can be so cruel.
Mar 13, 2021 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
I really am enjoying the Ishikawa, In my opinion, the ishikawa should have stayed with Sakura.
Mar 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Oct 2018
I hate this ship. Yoshikawa is 100% undeserving of Toru. Sakura being an emotional wreck despite her best efforts to win Toru while Yuki goes "la-di-fucking-da, I get to hold hands and walk alongside the person I like while having done nothing" is some serious fuckery. This episode left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mar 13, 2021 4:35 PM
Dec 2019
kistune120 said:
sakura is best girl and yuki was totally in the right calling herself a bad and selfish person. she’s been lying to everyone, including herself, and it seems like the show is going to reward her for it. might end up dropping tbh

Thats what piss me off the most, rewarding a person for being a piece of shit. And thats why i hate tsunderes with all my strength, they literally treat the guy like, beat him and in the end be like "i did bc i like you" and the guy (and everyone watching too) seems to forget the things she did to him. This is a women privilege, i guess...
Mar 13, 2021 4:35 PM

Jul 2020
Toru is too pure for his own good.
Mar 13, 2021 5:23 PM
Jan 2021
In the manga what chapter is this
Mar 13, 2021 5:24 PM
May 2019
Finally got the Yuki episode. I liked how it showed that Yuki and Yanagi's relationship has been that of friends now. The love triangle between Yuki, Toru, and Kouno was super interesting. ALSO THE SOUND AND GRAPHIC DESIGN WAS SO GOOD! When Kouno and Sengoku talked, Sengokui's voice was on the right ear!!! And it started snowing after *Yuki* and Toru walked together. It was just great. Also, the pre-opening thing art style seemed different somehow
Mar 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
find it hard to read it any other way then Hori being a bit homophobic there though i get Miyamura guy game is just as strong as his girl so its got her worried
anyways cancel the fuck out her! ,but for real i really liked her in the start but shes kinda the 2nd worse next to Yuki lol

teamSakura for life they did her dirty was hoping to see it end out being different with how awful they were making Yuki out to be but nah it's like watching the bad guy know their bad but still ends up getting away with it and rewarded lol
Mar 13, 2021 5:45 PM

Dec 2020
great episode. its cool how they manage to make me root for yuki and yet still sympathize for sakura. result of how good they present each characters
Mar 13, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
I really enjoyed this episode, In this series i honestly find more interesting side characters and their interactions than the main ones (hori-Miyamura)
Mar 13, 2021 6:03 PM

Jul 2016
I know she is most likely not one of those people but man, Hori's comments about Miyamura dating other men could be so easily misunderstood as homophobia...

Okay... while I'm more than glad the focus switched from the uninteresting main couple to other characters, this whole teenage angst involving Yuki's lack of guts is so generic and poor I'm feeling as annoyed as with any other episode involving Hori's dislikable persona.

Also, why do I think the author only gave Yuki that name just so she could use that "snow" metaphor this episode? And what a hella corny metaphor that one was, by the way.

minial said:
dEeP ...............

LMAO xD Author-san was pushing the analogy way too far.
Mar 13, 2021 6:04 PM

Mar 2019
Its interesting how Hori kind of has the worst personality (at times). Or her way of caring just comes across as being odd. I feel bad for Sakura as she did nothing wrong. Like Sengoku said, no ones in the wrong here. Even if Yuki was making Tooru play along with it (for now).
Mar 13, 2021 6:11 PM

Feb 2017
i wanna give sakura a hug, i felt so heartbroken seeing her crying at the end. i really hope things get better for her; she's honestly so sweet

placeholder text
Mar 13, 2021 6:21 PM

May 2016
I'm going to be honest here. I really did not like this episode. Toru is a moron and Yuki reminded me too much of a certain character from The Quintessential Quintuplets(manga wise, this is).

Both Toru and Yuki rejected the two who had a crush on them because they were both "Out of their league". First off, why the hell should that matter? Secondly, while it was understandable to Yuki to feel that when she first met Akane it was a bullshit reason for Toru. If you someone honestly likes for who you are and doesn't care what your background is shouldn't you at least give them a chance to prove it before deciding to accept their feelings or not? Yuki at the very least did with Akane did but Toru didn't even bother.

That's what really pissed me off in this episode. Toru didn't give Sakura a chance to prove her love to him. He just brushed her off like she was some kind of nuisance. And why? I don't know. Because he doesn't want to hurt Yuki's feelings when even though he himself has no idea how she feels about him? He treated Saukra so unfairly and he made her cry for all the wrong reasons. I really do hope Kakeru punches him in the face in the next episode because he rightfully deserves it.

Yuki is frankly no better. She basically lies to to Sakura, lies to Toru, and lies to everyone including and pretends that it's perfectly normal. No, it's not! Instead of just being honest and not worrying about what may or may not happen she prefers to keep everything a secret. You can argue that the're teenagers and all that but the teens but in the end, it's not an excuse. Both Yuki and Toru should have know better. At some point somebody to put their foot down and say "Enough is enough!" and again I hope Kakeru does that.

I've been singing praises of the is anime since it started, but this episode really left a bad taste in my mouth the same way that The Quintessential Quintuplets did when I finished reading the manga. I cannot stand weak, female characters who can't be honest about their feelings because there's always something holding them back. I can't stand these tragic heroines who is always thinking about themselves and not the feelings of others. What's worse is that Yuki totally aware of this but does nothing about it.

If this anime actually pushes the Toru x Yuki relationship without any regard of what happened here in this episode I am seriously going to drop this anime. I cannot, repeat cannot, support a series that tries to tell everyone that a relationship built on secrecy, deception, and the inability to disagree with the other is perfectly normal. It's not people. Those are among the unhealthiest kinds of relationships.
DirectorKMar 13, 2021 6:49 PM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 13, 2021 6:38 PM

May 2010
ThousandCuts said:
I hate this ship. Yoshikawa is 100% undeserving of Toru. Sakura being an emotional wreck despite her best efforts to win Toru while Yuki goes "la-di-fucking-da, I get to hold hands and walk alongside the person I like while having done nothing" is some serious fuckery. This episode left a bad taste in my mouth.

DirectorK said:
I'm going to be honest here. I really did not like this episode. Toru is a moron and Yuki reminded me too much of a certain character from The Quintessential Quintuplets(magna wise, this is).

Both Toru and Yuki rejected the two who had a crush on them because they were both "Out of their league". First off, why the hell should that matter? Secondly, while it was understandable to Yuki to feel that when she first met Akane it was a bullshit reason for Toru. If you someone honestly likes for who you are and doesn't care what your background is shouldn't you at least give them a chance to prove it before deciding to accept their feelings or not? Yuki at the very least did with Akane did but Toru didn't even bother.

That's what really pissed me off in this episode. Toru didn't give Sakura a chance to prove her love to him. He just brushed her off like she was some kind of nuisance. And why? I don't know. Because he doesn't want to hurt Yuki's feelings when even though [i]he]/i] himself has no idea how she feels about him? He treated Saukra so unfairly and he made her cry for all the wrong reasons. I really do hope Kakeru punches him in the face in the next episode because he rightfully deserves it.

Yuki is frankly no better. She basically lies to to Sakura, lies to Toru, and lies to everyone including and pretends that it's perfectly normal. No, it's not! Instead of just being honest and not worrying about what may or may not happen she prefers to keep everything a secret. You can argue that the're teenagers and all that but the teens but in the end, it's not an excuse. Both Yuki and Toru should have know better. At some point somebody to put their foot down and say "Enough is enough!" and again I hope Akane does that.

I've been singing praises of the is anime since it started, but this episode really left a bad taste in my mouth the same way that The Quintessential Quintuplets did when I finished reading the manga. I cannot stand weak, female characters who can't be honest about their feeling there's always something holding them back. I can't stand these tragic heroines who is always thinking about themselves and not the feelings of others. What's worse is that Yuki totally aware of this but does nothing about it.

If this anime actually pushes the Toru x Yuki relationship without any regard of what happened here in this episode I am seriously going to drop this anime. I cannot, repeat cannot, support a series that tries to tell everyone that a relationship built on secrecy, deception, and the inability to disagree with the other is perfectly normal. It's not people. Those are among the unhealthiest kinds of relationships.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates this relationship.

And why can't nerds have happy endings? Not even in this anime? Goddamn it. I hope Sakura finds her happiness. Give her that ikemen since the other two think they're out of their leagues. Ugh.
Mar 13, 2021 6:46 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was ok. I feel like this show is losing sight of any plot and we're just going by episode by episode.
Mar 13, 2021 6:58 PM
Feb 2021
I haven't read the manga yet so I kind of rooted for sakura and ishikawa, but yuki and ishikawa's relationship is still cute tho. I feel bad for sakura. I hope she'll have her own bf lol. will it be akane? also I feel like hori's character is going downhill lol.
Mar 13, 2021 7:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
F- Yoshikawa, all my homies hate Yoshikawa. Imagine rewarding her shitty behavior. I know life is not fair but goddamn.

Seriously tho, why the hell girls with glasses never wins in anime .-.

EDIT: Also, that comment Hori said about hoping that Miyamura doesn't fall for guys but girls was kinda ok was.... kinda sus?
DatRandomDudeMar 13, 2021 7:28 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 13, 2021 7:29 PM

Jun 2020
I think people who get bitter over Sakura not ending up with Tooru are sort of missing the point. That’s life you know, you can’t force/control feelings. You could do a million & one things & be the sweetest person ever but if they are not interested in you & like someone else there’s really nothing you can do. And Sakura is graceful about it & aware of that, that’s why I like her so much too, she’s thankfully not reduced to some evil scheming bitch stereotype in many shoujo romance. She took it in her stride, and of course she’s sad, but she’ll be okay.

I knew anime-only would turn on Yuki/Tooru once this happened ㅜㅡㅜ
They didn’t do anything wrong......Yuki was also trying to be considerate of Sakura’s feelings & Remi just told her what she needed to hear.....

To those asking, it’s like that in the manga too. They adapted this episode perfectly! And

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 13, 2021 7:38 PM
Jan 2021
Hori musa da extrema direita ❤️
Mar 13, 2021 7:38 PM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed this episode and it as great seeing Yuki get an episode focused on her. I feel really bad for Sakura and hopefully in the future she finds happiness

Mar 13, 2021 7:39 PM

Aug 2020
I feel sorry for Sakura. But we dont have to worry . Cuz she might get herself a boyfriend with her stunning looks. Happy for Yuki. Poor Izumi. Now Izumi have to maintain some distance with the boys.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 13, 2021 7:41 PM
Jan 2016
I love this eps...honestly I enjoy the relation between Yuki, Sakura, and Ishikawa, more than Miyamura and Hori...that love trangle looks interesting...Yuki always hold her feelings, Sakura always trying so hard to be noticed by Ishikawa, and Ishikawa, it looks like he already set his heart from the beginning...love triangle is always something hahahaha...
Mar 13, 2021 8:25 PM

Aug 2010
I just hope the love triangle story is done now.

My favorite part is Sengoku and Sakura's interaction. I really like the friendships within the student council trio, and Sengoku x Remi couple too. I like them way more than the Hori-Miya-Yuki-Tooru quartet lol
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.