Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 15, 2020 1:31 PM

Jun 2020
Aight this one gonna be a gem, hopefully stays as crazy and over the top fun without getting too stupid, crossed my fingers
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 15, 2020 1:59 PM
Oct 2018
Those fights were pretty good and we got lightsaber ish weapons, this show gonna be a wild ride
Oct 15, 2020 2:38 PM
Jun 2015
Anyone else think Cutthroat's fondness for red and disappointment with pink is an intentional reference to how Danganronpa's blood was censored from red to pink?
Oct 15, 2020 3:44 PM
Sep 2018
i ship cutthroat and swindler

also the female pupil was amazing!
Oct 15, 2020 3:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
yeah, so far this is AOTS if you forgot about the sequels.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 15, 2020 3:57 PM

Mar 2018
unironically AOTS rn just so much fun to watch
Oct 15, 2020 4:14 PM

Mar 2020
As good as the previous episode, maybe a little bit better.

“In my next life, I want to be me, and meet you again"

Oct 15, 2020 4:43 PM

Jun 2020
Yeah storytelling and pacing were kind of off. I hope they can develop the writing a bit more.

Other than that, I’m really excited to see where the story goes. I’m not as impressed as I was with the first episode, but this episode was still enjoyable. The police fight was cool, and cutthroat is... interesting. Very fun anime.
Oct 15, 2020 5:49 PM

Jun 2019
After episode one, this became my most anticipated anime for this season and this episode didn’t disappoint. The action was even better and made good use of the cyberpunk environments. Some decent worldbuilding that set up the gang as a group of rebels against an oppressive government. The character dynamics are fun too, which is a necessity for an anime like this. The only thing I’m not digging is that opening. I think it’s neck-and-neck with Jujutsu Kaisen for anime of the season right now.
Oct 15, 2020 6:03 PM

Oct 2019
Beautiful, my ass. Crazy and ridiculously over the top, to the point of intentional self-parody.
It didn't quite break my latest bout of depression, but it was really close, and there's almost full season ahead.
Honestly, such a weed is quite rare, glad I picked it up.
English not native. Also, crazy, lazy and think in strange forms.
Previously known as Ferasder.
Oct 15, 2020 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
This episode revealed main characters details...in terms of craziness. Of course, they have so great personalities.
Second half fighting animation was very speedy and impressive. I loved it as always. I'm interested in Ordinary Person's development. Maybe she has good and evil. I don't know her truth so far though.
Oct 15, 2020 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
My favorite character this season: Doctor.
My favorite voice acting this season: Doctor.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Oct 15, 2020 6:21 PM

Apr 2020
z00nex said:
It was good episode. My favourite character is Cutthroat, his personality and actions were great.

and a great seiyuu's work! love Takahiro Sakurai and his overwhelming way

i really like the episodes pace and the Execution Division intro wtf was incredible
Oct 15, 2020 6:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The op theme song seemed catchy to me, ending was fine.

But, honestly the plot had some disturbing matter on me. Idk if it led me into a solid story, or not xD. It seemed, secretly, these episode showed how the black cat declare she dislike against Kantou so much that she wanted to get rid of their control away from Kansai. Thats why she decided to contacted the great Akudama to finished them off. The motives of Akudama themself still lacking, rather just a bunch of psycho and pure barbaric. Still the conversation that involved the girl and hoodlum was great enough to made me stay watching. Man, so far they just served as a mere tools for the black car to accomplished its secret goals. I don't see them as a solid characters with a strong characterization so far. I really hope there were several flashback to see whats goin on in details, about them, about their surrounding. the mission itself led themself into a mere hostility against the execution division, almost killed them in an instant. The plot armour surely saved them without a doubt. So, yeah, let see the next. Maybe it might clear some of the lost pieces of puzzle that apparently block my satisfaction. Especially with the real role of the pink girl. Was she might betraying them, or stay true in the criminal troupes of Akudama? The most blurry part was surely her that indicated something unexpected might happened next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 15, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
almost all of them are insane psychopaths breaks haven't stopped on this wild ride and nobody is safe , new enforcers have shown up with great intros showcasing they can actually handle akudama's wonder if they'll meet their fate by the end aka trial style by them

some worldbuilding via puppets lol this show is so over the top

unsure what the overarching plot will be is outside of this band of expendables working for a shady person controlling a robot cat but were still in the test phase
Oct 15, 2020 7:06 PM
Jun 2019
I love it when the seven of them get together.
Oct 15, 2020 8:02 PM

Apr 2020
This anime is making me nuts. The design and the animation is the most vivid and colorful I've seen in a while. I'm kinda thinking shipping Cutthroat with Swindler, why not. That fight scene in the hotel was obscene and electrifiying that I like it. I think that this is the shonen anime I've been waiting to have. Now they have their mission, it's up to them to either team up or tear themselves apart. Next week is literally Mission: Impossible.

Also that Pupil Executioner looks so like Lelouch (Code Geass), anyone noticed it?
Oct 15, 2020 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
All the characters have funny personalities, especially Cutthroat, he’s amazing! 😂 Judging from the opening it seems we are gonna get some backstories about them eventually.

Loved all the fight scenes and the animation. It’s so colorful and dynamic and fight choreography is amazing as well.

“Are you gay” this single line made me roll. 😭

removed-userOct 15, 2020 9:02 PM
Oct 15, 2020 8:29 PM
Apr 2016
IceWelder said:
Very well done so far, this episode just as impressive than the last.

Pierrot is doing amazing so far with Akudama Drive, the animation is very well done.

Cutthroat is such an interesting character so far, he was acting crazy, I'm curious what he might do later on.

Of course! Unlike most anime that is produced at Pierrot, they should actually be part of the production committee(unlike Black Clover, Tokyo Ghoul) since it's a collaboration with Too Kyo Games. What this means is that they likely have a bigger say when it comes to the anime rather than being just ”contracted” to do the anime.

More importantly, they should also directly profit from how well the anime does rather than being paid a said and fixed fee. So it is in Pierrot’s interest to make this as appealing as possible. It's probably a contributing reason for WIT Studio dropping Attack On Titan honestly. They were never part of the AOT production committee so no matter how well the anime does, WIT never got a direct cut of the profit while enduring several seasons of production hell. Imagine working so hard on the anime to not get a fair share of the profits, kinda sucks. It's also why WIT experimented with other animes like Kabaneri which likely made them more money than AOT, heh.
ILoveDonutsOct 15, 2020 8:37 PM
Oct 15, 2020 8:51 PM

Apr 2015
In case the Tarantino influences weren't already apparent (what with all the killing), we now have the McGuffin equivalent of the briefcase from Pulp Fiction lying in wait on the Shinkansen for our favorite band of criminals to pilfer.

This show might be the best Pierrot has attached their name to.

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Oct 15, 2020 11:41 PM

Sep 2016
This ship had sailed, guys.

Assassin x Ordinary Person is hella interesting, lmao.

I genuinely thought he saw something else when he said "beautiful" but then he went ahead a said "If you are in, I am too".
Broooo, I started watching this because I love Doctor's VA but now they got my interest, lololol.

I'm not a huge fan of Sci-Fi but the designs are awesome. I hope it keeps getting better.
Oct 15, 2020 11:56 PM

Jun 2020
Damn, I'm actually addicted. The animation is amazing and everything is fucking insane.

The executioners are so badass.
Oct 16, 2020 12:02 AM

May 2018
To paraphrase an already existing paraphrase of name of a song - this anime remains insane.
And yes, the Star Wars Inquisitors appearing in the wrong franchise was a nice bonus.

raiderublaze said:
I think that this is the shonen anime I've been waiting to have.

It's definitely a seinen.
alshuOct 16, 2020 12:37 AM
Oct 16, 2020 12:13 AM

Dec 2015
Clearly the best anime of this season so far. They kept the fast paced action up. Without the chars getting overly annoying. (They at least work somewhat together.)

Also there is some background plot and it did not get episodic but started with that plot immediately. I guess with that Kanto/Kansei war they are producing some weapons or stuff there and the cat is controlled by a guy that wants to overthrow the Kanto administration.

Executioner guys make up for some nice enemies and good fights.
Oct 16, 2020 2:41 AM

May 2012
Very surprised that is rated 7.7

Not specially about it. Poor plot and fights are dumb
Oct 16, 2020 4:06 AM

Apr 2020
main character is absolute bae

Oct 16, 2020 4:15 AM

Sep 2020
Love the chemistry between characters in this episode, Cutthroat is hilarious, Courier is a badass, Brawler is a beast and if you take a moment to reflect on the craziness and the total insanity that happens during this episode... you're not watching this show right. The fighting animation was excellent, especially with the "mood change" setting of the room, nice touch! This show is gonna be in my top 3 this season for sure!
Oct 16, 2020 5:40 AM

Oct 2016
This show has been awesome so far, definitely did not expect it to be this good. All characters so far are really good and I really like Ordinary Person especially her design. I guess we are all Cutthroat in here except without the red fetish.

If this show keeps it up with the craziness then I can see it becoming AOTS contender, though that's kinda hard since this season is packed. But, still that was pretty good.
Oct 16, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2013
Holy crap that was so amazing
Oct 16, 2020 6:11 AM
Aug 2018
This episode gave some more time for characters interaction accompanied with awesome executioner vs akudama fight.

The animation and lighting are really all in place even being so fast-paced.

I just hope the plot develops further aside from the actions.
Oct 16, 2020 8:57 AM

Mar 2015
That geisha hologram for the hotel looked stylish af once again the world design impresses me.

I'm a sucker for hand to hand combat, so I absolutely loved that fight. Hopefully we'll get more fight scenes like that one.
Oct 16, 2020 10:17 AM

Jun 2019
The girl is cute and the Doctor is hot. What am I saying? lol
A pretty okay episode, I guess.
Oct 16, 2020 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
Kodaka's style really comes through. I already love this series so much and feel like I'll enjoy whatever happens in the coming episodes. ;)
Oct 16, 2020 2:02 PM
Jan 2020
AOTS yet it's so underrated.

Artstyle with characters and backgrounds are just perfect so good to look at everything is so detailed and distinct looking. Frontier Works would learn something from Studio Pierrot since with new Higurashi characters stands out way too much when put in front of backgrounds and looks way too fake.
Fighting scenes are really well choreographed, pacing is great so far, music also fits the tone (op is also catchy).
Oct 16, 2020 2:08 PM
Jun 2020
akuDAMN! boi dat was HEAT! n my boi kakashi senpai in for da kill
Oct 16, 2020 6:59 PM

Jul 2020
Goddamn this is too fucking good. Both OP and ED are great. Can't wait for more over the top sht for next week. I'm enjoying this too much.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 16, 2020 8:51 PM

Apr 2007
I'm liking the show so far for how over the top it is. I'm not sold on Swindler being just an ordinary person though. Since they're using Hollywood movies as episode titles I'm going to guess the last episode will be called The Usual Suspects.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 17, 2020 1:08 AM

Feb 2016
This show is pretty entertaining and that is enough for me to keep watching
Oct 17, 2020 1:28 AM

Oct 2008
even S-Class Akudama is having a bit of trouble against the Executioners and they are just only 2 of them...
and bonjin girl ain't really an Akudama and she just got involved in the mess! lolz
4/5.

Oct 17, 2020 9:23 AM

Dec 2016
The unrealistic-ness of this show is just amazing.

That masked executioner was cool.

But really how are they all still alive...and if I'm not mistaken the Doctor not only lost her hand she was decapitated how did she self-medicate herself ๏_๏

When cutthroat was going on pressing all the red buttons saying “redredredredred” I really thought he is autistic...

Really like the ED.
Oct 17, 2020 10:11 AM

Dec 2014
lol the swindler..is really in something huh
Oct 17, 2020 11:01 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This show just keeps getting better and better with the over the top action and stylistic animation.
Oct 17, 2020 5:45 PM

Jul 2016
Ok this anime has some clear flaws lik- THAT FIGHT WAS AMAZING!!! HOLY SHIT WOW
Oct 17, 2020 8:04 PM
Jul 2020
This episode is so amazing😍
Oct 17, 2020 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit i fucking love this, its basically a non stop barrage of crazy shit happening at a rapid pace, its funny as fuck, colorful, creative, and just a blast to watch. It's also just real great seeing Kodaka write a story that isnt a battle royale or just like, danganronpa in general. This definitely proves to me the guy has idea up his sleeve other than more DR stuff.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 17, 2020 11:39 PM

Sep 2019
Cutthroat acting like a child was pretty fun. If his infatuation with the LEGENDARY SWINDLER turns into more of a protective big brother dynamic that has nice comedic potential.

Brawler is basically Drax from Guradians of the Galaxy and that's fine. He can keep falling for Hoodlum's lies and punching stuff. Although, now that I think about it Hoodlum does mention him being kept on the same floor as Cutthroat , more than meets the eye perhaps ?

I like that the Executioners are much stronger than the Akudama so now they cant just chop down. It was fun to look at in EP1 but there's no tension in it. If they have to plan out their moves it's better for the show.

Hacker sort of takes a backseat, he just seems like a tool for the characters to reach the next plot point, too similar to Black Cat .Maybe there's one too many characters .
Oct 17, 2020 11:44 PM
Sep 2017
Episode one was Se7en, episode two was Reservoir Dogs and episode three is going to be Mission Impossible. Neat.

Also, I bet Ordinary Person is going to actually be a Swindler.
Oct 18, 2020 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Sometimes i forget that they are real assassins, especially the cutthroat, damn! But i do wonder if that's really it.
Gotta love the plot, there is a bullet train on top of a city that is radioactive and transports precious cargo, can't wait for the next episodes! This is getting fun.

Brawler is the easiest guy to be a friend of xD

I do wonder what role the cat proposed to her...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 18, 2020 8:54 PM

Jul 2017
The Ordinary Citizen/Swindler sure is now in for a ride with the other Akudamas, with the robot Black Cat, which is the overseer boss for these A-grade/S-class criminals.

A billion-dollar mission to attack the Shinkansen, and sure like it, the challenges going forward sound easy-as-balls but the consequences will be severe (since the episodes are based off real movies), easy to predict that this will be going for an episodic theme, but the main plot itself is up for airs. At least there's some character interaction to boot to understand their preferences and such.

Cutthroat is just like a kid appreciating the world around him xD

Even S-class Akudamas having trouble with police Executioners, and the over-the-top action with funk doesn't cease to amaze. This is just the start, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea of this being a great show.
KANLen09Oct 18, 2020 8:58 PM
Oct 19, 2020 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
Very cool, we will enter the second stage to attack the shinkansen. Just like that, the point is this is cool, bye.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by chidaru »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

121 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

7 by corporateremoval »»
May 3, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

» Why is the manga adaptation not on MAL?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

0 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 12, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.