Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2020 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
what's with that dragonball-style resolution to the wish granting prize LOL...and the Mandeok guy was just standing there in that same posture from the moment Jegal Taek snatched the Key until Mori/WuKong knocked him down during the first half of the fight? That's just so funny. Imagine someone standing there in that kamehameha posture for so long ><

And it seems like we might be getting a second season with all the baiting at the end...ah well, at least the music was good.
Sep 28, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2020
Alright based on the ending there should be a season 2

This was a great last episode, Mori almost regaining his memories as a God

Il be waiting for season 2

Dec 2018
It all ends today. What a ride

Jun 2015
One of the most boring retarded anime I've ever seen. JKK will be loads better and it has great animation. Bye GOH. You officially subverted my we expectations by becoming the dumbest anime of the year. Congratulations.
Sep 28, 2020 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
Finally this is over. Very bad adaptation. I hope it doesn't get a second season.
Sep 28, 2020 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
Show was so bad that it destroyed my confidence in KR anime.

Glad it's over
Oh god who are you people?
Sep 28, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2020
This forum turned into a mob against GOH.

From one of the most hyped shows of the season to a shitstorm of sadness & disappointment of an anime. What a fucking 180 of events!

Well now I could say this fact with my full volition.

As much as we love to shit on Kanokari, it is so much better than this downward spiral that is The God of Highschool.
Sep 28, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2019
Suddenly the protagonist remembers that he is a god. Cool.
I liked the first 3 or 4 episodes but after that it was just garbage. 4/10

One thing i liked about this episode was Ungnyeo's design, she is pretty cool
Sep 28, 2020 9:56 AM
Oct 2018
Xystus said:
So glad that this shit is over, now I have one thing less to hate about Mondays.
sabtred said:
yall haters if you dont like the anime refrain from commenting your bum ass opinions cause no one wants to hear them

MAL is filled with haters bro. Most of reviews and comments are full of hate not just here but under any anime. Don't pay attention to them, just stick with stats to judge a show.
GOH was great, thoroughly enjoyable. The animation in this episode was just top tier. All this hatred for this show would never have started if it had 24 episodes. Still, a great anime.
Sep 28, 2020 9:59 AM
Oct 2019
On the whole, it's not really an adaptation most expected I'm sure, and for many probably left them a bit dissatisfied like myself. But even despite how bumpy this adaptation has been, I really would like to see more.

Overall though, on a pure entertainment level, this show was a great watch, albeit a confusing one if you hadn't read the source material. Things could have been done far, far, better but it still managed to service decently.

A pretty good conclusion to the fight as well imo and wrapped the ending up decently given the flaming mess they began last episode but I hope, if they do get another chance like I wish, they listen to feedback and adapt it at a much better pace and pull it out of light-speed pacing.

A 5 or 6/10 show on the whole for me though, trying the judge outside of the reference to it's material. I'm a bit undecided and leaning more to the 5 at the minute but we'll see in a short while.
Sep 28, 2020 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
Started off well but got more confusing with each episode so by the end I was just uninterested in the story. Decent fight to finish off the show, and a teasing cliffhanger, but there wasn't really much worth praising in this episode. The fight animation throughout the show was solid but everything else was whatever. This really suffered by being only 1 cour. I had high hopes that this would be pretty good but it was mediocre at best. Sucks that this fell flat in the end but it is what it is.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 28, 2020 10:03 AM

May 2014
Wow, what a bad show! It was just ridiculously nonsensical imo. At least Mappa can make some good animation, so it's not all bad...right?
Sep 28, 2020 10:04 AM
Jan 2020
As a manhwa reader, this anime adaptation may be not exceed all of us, manhwa readers and anime-only watchers expectations but I just want to say thank you for Crunchyroll and MAPPA and all peoples behind it to animated such an amazing show for some of us who still love it until this very episodes. I hope if there is season 2, they give GOH a justice with giving it 24 episodes instead 13 again, but overall, I just want to say thank you for everything!!!
Sep 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Feb 2020
Amazing fighting scenes with bad plot,6/10 for me.
Sep 28, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Still don't get what is even happening, but that's to be expected. Time to read the Manhwa!

Fight scenes were enjoyable, but the show was an overall 5/10.
Sep 28, 2020 10:11 AM

Jul 2020
That was painfully average for me. Good fights and animation, but just bad story and execution of certain plot points. 5/10

Bruh, looking at stats, most people have it at an 8, like wtf...
Sep 28, 2020 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Probably THE worst thing to come out of 2020, barring ToG and Uzaki-chan.
Sep 28, 2020 10:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Boy, did this fall! Amazing 1st episode followed by entertaining episodes until Mira's wedding bit and from there on, it just kept going down and down.

I don't understand a thing about these Borrowed/God powers, thanks to the insanely fast pacing. Didn't really care much about the fights either but at least MAPPA brought out their A-game here so it was at least serviceable in that regard.

Can't say I really felt for the characters either, to be honest. Illpyo was probably the only character that I can say was good but I'm afraid he turned out to be just a side-character at the end of the day.

Looks like Mori's grandfather is going to be sacrificed for this supposed greater God? Whatever that means, I guess...

Op/ED were fantastic to keep up with week in and week out, and I'm definitely going to miss them.

All in all, it just fell flat and this finale very un-impressive too. I was thinking of sticking with a generous 6/10 last week but it's going down to a 5/10 for me now. Pity, here's to hoping Noblesse won't crash like ToG and GoHS...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2020 10:15 AM

May 2018
Final episode is out! Feels really rushed as usual, nothing makes sense, ass pull after ass pull, suddenly MC is now a god etc. But it was fun to watch the action.

I score it 5/10. Make sure to switch ur brain off when watching!
Sep 28, 2020 10:21 AM
May 2015
for me this feels rushed.
Sep 28, 2020 10:35 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
While this episode continued with the great animation, it also continued with the rushed pacing and the complete nonsense of a story. Nothing makes sense or is ever explained really in any way. The end credits scene was good at baiting for the sequel (if it comes).

In the end, this had some potential to be great but was ruined by the pacing and the choices of which parts of the story to focus on. There are many plot holes and none of the characters are developed in a way which makes you care about them that much.

Additionally, everything is predictable to a fault and too many things are obviously borrowed/copied from other works. There were so many things stolen from Dragonball in this last episode that I feel like Akira Toriyama might actually win if he called for a law suit.

All in all, I enjoyed the animation/fights for the spectacle, but not much else of the show was worth seeing. That being said, I enjoyed the watch and I will definitely check out the sequel if it ever comes out. Hopefully the story for the next season won't be as rushed and things actually get explained.
Sep 28, 2020 10:40 AM
Sep 2018
I really enjoy watching this anime
Sep 28, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
Recess!! God of Highschool is over.

The animation was good in the fight scenes, but the storytelling is a mess. It’s as if someone ripped pages out of a book so I’m trying to follow the plot and character’s stories. They lost me when blue haired dude was on his god shit, idk what white haired dude’s sub plot was and don’t really care tbh.

The show was better when it was purely about Martial arts and not that Chareyok supernatural shit.

The cliffhanger seems interesting but I highly doubt GoH will be getting a 2nd season. 4/10
Sep 28, 2020 10:42 AM
Jun 2017
Really love the animation and the art..
but the story is so bad and boring and predictable.
4/10 for me.
Sep 28, 2020 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
What a fucking shit show.

Had I not decided to watch this weekly I would’ve dropped this in a heartbeat. Only thing that kept me going was the fights, even then there was not enough substance for me to get my meathead on (Expect for Episode 7 where we saw that Dragon, I thought that was a cool ability)

I’ve seen many adaptations that got me or many fans to “go read the manga” but GOH just fails. I have no intention of reading the manhwa.

If for some odd reason that GOH does get a Season 2 then I will no doubt watch it again for the memes.

1/10
AnimeFanTalkSep 28, 2020 10:59 AM
Sep 28, 2020 10:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hah, to hell with the resource story, and their teasing over the continuations of the story. I just ended up with their nonsense at these episode. No more bullshit to me. Its not even convinced me to moved on to the Webtoon. Hell no!

My Jegal died. Damn, he didnt deserved that. But, considering his characters, i guessed its just understandable. However, once again, due to the lack of duration, his last moment just felt bland and so plain. Together with everything that crammed up very tightly at these finale. The king of monkey back, with his bar, and his kinton. Once again, aside the epic combat, with amazing graphic and animation, everything just a damn mock.

Score for me:
Story: 3
Art depts: 9
Sounds dept: 9
Characterization: 3
Enjoyment: 6
Overall (average): 6/10.
At the end, yeah, its at the same level of KnT. No surprised!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 28, 2020 10:54 AM

Apr 2020
Despite it being a rushed mess I still think people are being too harsh about it.

It could have been a 9 or even a 10/10 but it goes down to a 7/10 imo. I love the artstyle, action and OSTs of it.

I still think it's a good show to just turn your brain off and enjoy the fights and music.

I still want a season 2 and I hope they don't go all "Gotta go Fast" with the plot like they did in this one. It should have been at least 25 episodes.

Now I'll go listen to the OP and EN for the 1000x.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 28, 2020 10:55 AM

Oct 2019
Though i did like the fight in this episode, the anime overall is kind of bad. Looks like I wont be coming back for the next season.
Sep 28, 2020 11:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bad show, plot, characters, dialogue, all absolutely bland and forgettable. Only thing going for it was good fights, but if I want only that I can check out a youtube compilation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 28, 2020 11:11 AM

Feb 2018
Yesss it was very good as last episode of first season. I really can't like the design of the power Mori had though. It needs more cool and long lasting effects, if you ask me. For example, they could have make that lighting punch thing more flashy and powerful. I hope it gets second season.
Sep 28, 2020 11:19 AM
Jul 2020
I read the manhwa, and I enjoy watching anime. I don't know why, I like this anime hahaha.

I don't care if people say "anime rushed" When I enjoy anime, whatever it is, that is the sign is good, for me. Anime is about enjoying, if you can enjoy it, anime will look good, no matter what people say, right?

Sorry,my English acuufbdeojd hahahaha
Sep 28, 2020 11:32 AM

Jul 2019
This show has been absolute an garbage.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Nov 2019
The only thing i can praise about TGOH is the animation and the music. I felt zero attachment to any of the characters and couldn't care less about who won the tournament and their past. And the fact everything was so rushed dosen't make anything better. But I'm going to be nice and give it a 5/10 because of the first episodes.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Sep 28, 2020 11:36 AM
Oct 2019
What a messy, whilst fun and "hype" finale.
As usual, The God of Highschool's animation and art is amazing and incredible.
Can good art carry an anime with a cohesive plot/story? Yes, but for how long? After a while even though I would get “hype” about a fight for next week’s episode, GOH became a chore to watch.
The whole show felt very rushed like CR was trying to find a 24 EPISODE ANIME into 13 EPISODES, sometimes the pacing feels weird and whole episode didn’t make sense or the pay-off was very underwhelming- the Mira wedding episode.
We witness the rise and fall of Jegal Taek in one episode which was okay, but they focus a lot of time on Nox (the properly villain) that when in the last two episodes switching the final villain to Jegal Taek it I wasn’t invested as him as a villain.
I feel really bad for the fans of the source material (GOH manhwa) because this wasn’t a good adaptation. STOP GIVING THESE MANHWA ADAPTATIONS 13 EPISODES- it isn’t enough to properly correctly adapt their plot.

Sep 28, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2020
This episode is than all
Sep 28, 2020 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
tragic and underwhelming episode and anime overall.

3/5 episode

5/10 anime

Sep 28, 2020 11:55 AM
Aug 2016
Overall terrible adaptation (there's more thing skipped than adapted by a long shot)
Story not that interesting
but
Good animations and fights and i liked the main trio.

Im giving a bare 6, for the rest i'll slowly continue the webtoon
Sep 28, 2020 12:00 PM

Mar 2017
Damn, that was one hell of a finale! That fight was epic, especially when Jin, Daewi, Mira & Ilpyo were all fighting together; made for a very stunning visual display. This episode set up nicely for a season 2 as well so fingers crossed we get one!

This season definitely felt more like an intro into the story, like introducing the Charyeok, the battle between the gods, Nox, and setting up the mysteries for the rest of the series. I think that it would be beneficial to have a 25 ep season for season 2 because the only issue with this season was that there just wasn't enough time to flesh out the plot and build characters properly... so 25 eps next time Crunchyroll!
Sep 28, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
boy did this series jumped the shark. went from King of Fighters (good) to whatever dafuq final boss JRPG (bad)
alot of inconsistent storylines keeps getting added in (that random weddingn angle for example) while the more seemingly important stuff gets dropped (we know next to nothing about big boss with the X on his head and was made to look weak towards the end)...even the show’s namesake gets canceled towards the final portion.

6/10 just bc of the animation and the tournament portion. was gonna give it a fair 7 but the last few, including this, episodes left a bad taste in my mouth
Sep 28, 2020 12:13 PM

Jan 2018
Thank god this garbage is over, now i don't need to die out of boredom for 24 minutes every monday.

2/10
Sep 28, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
MAPPA's animation didn't disappoint ✨✨
Sep 28, 2020 12:25 PM
Apr 2018
"Grow, NYOIBO!"
"Gather, KINTO-UN! Fall! Fall! Fall!"

10:05 "Unlike us, his power is not borrowed at all."

16:43 KIM UNGNYEO got introduced.

MORI being Practical! That wish he made to KIM UNGNYEO really made me laugh ; not that i hadn't expected it. :)
-------------------------------------------
Most likely, the second season won't happen ; I wish it happen. Either way, gonna read its Webtoon.

Thank You :)
Doutei-kunSep 28, 2020 12:28 PM
Sep 28, 2020 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
Thats the end of Dues Ex the anime.

The animation and music were top tier, I didnt even mind the characters. Sadly the story is a mess, I was far more invested when it was a tournament before the supernatural elements were introduced. The last couple of episodes were just a beautiful mess. I didnt hate this show but I am dissapointed how it turned out.
Sep 28, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2017
I dont understand a sh*t xD
Sep 28, 2020 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
Today's fight was pretty good. Still no idea what was going on, not a whole lot was explained other than what Mori really is.

Well, what started of so well and was pretty hype, ended up as so far the biggest disappointment of 2020 for me. The fights were all pretty good, but sadly it's missing so much more other than flashy animation.

Honestly, I have no idea what was going on /10
Sep 28, 2020 12:52 PM
Aug 2020
Ok guys, GOH over, time to move on into fall 2020 anime
Sep 28, 2020 12:53 PM
Mar 2019
any knows of second season? i swear told something not like tower of god
CrowterrrorSep 28, 2020 1:58 PM
Sep 28, 2020 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
People were talking smack about Tower of God but it was 1,000X better than this insipid trash.
Sep 28, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2012
These 1 cour anime adaptations are ruining great manhwa... Super rushed with many things being ommited from the original source... Anyway, let's see what they do with Noblesee
Sep 28, 2020 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
Glad this trainwreck is over with. MAPPA can go back to making good anime now.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by vladyatsuk »»
May 12, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.