Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2015
HereticHunter said:
Ottes said:

He uses blades liked that since the beggining of the story and he literally cut a demon arm just hitting his blade repeatedly...

I know that and it bothered me back then, his sword maker had the right to be mad at him. Demons Slayer's weapons are supposed to be made to slash swiftly and behead demons. His fighting style may be that of tear and shred, but it didn't work before at the spider's arc, why would it work now? Its just unpractical, specially considering demon's regeneration. The fact that he had to cut a demon arm by hitting it repeatedly proves how useless they are.

Tanjiro wasn't able to cut the demon arm using his normal sword too so it doesn't prove anything. He was stronger than them.
Sep 21, 2019 11:32 AM

Feb 2016
Judgment526 said:
HereticHunter said:
I realized something after realizing how stupid was that Shinobu had to kill demons with venom.

Inosuke is just plain retarded, he just made his swords useless by shaping them like that. It may look cool but it isn't practical as his swords are now technically useless.

They aren't useless though. His serrated blades tear and shred. They complement his fighting style quite well.

Demon Slayer's swords are supposed to slash swiftly and behead demons, his style might have "worked" with weak demons, but once he fought against stronger ones it was clear that the shape of it wasn't practical. Usually enemies wouldn't wait for him to hit them with his swords repeatedly to rip off them, if his sword were to get stuck in the flesh then he's done for.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 21, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Demon Slayer Mamako.

And of course Ai Kayano would Ara Ara.

Shinobu is great, though it's really sad that she takes that personality from her dead sister :'(

This was cute.
SkyLETVSep 21, 2019 1:00 PM
Sep 21, 2019 11:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm its nice that the three girls finally get names. The method that Tanjirou chose to help to assist in his training though sure was an unusual one. Shinobu and Tanjirou's little tag team in trying to get Zenitsu and Inosuke to train together sure was amusing. The insight into how Kanao met Kanae and Shinobu though was pretty insightful. Shinobu's way of getting Kanao away from her master sure was fun. I guess all swordsmiths are sensitive to mood swings when seeing their prized creations being hammered. Tanjirou's training though really is starting to bear fruit much to Kanao's surprise. Overall a calm ep that nonetheless did well in showing just how much stronger Tanjirou's training has made him while also introducing some expansion into Kanao's character via her shared past with Shinobu and Kanae. Looks the last ep will be a combat focused one judging by the train demon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 11:42 AM

Jul 2019
Loved this episode. Tanjir's training, the boys getting their act together, the hint of Kanao being into Tanjiro. When Haganezuka tried to knife Tanjiro just as he imagined before, I laughing so hard.

Already going to miss this series. At the beginning I was doubtful but it really grew on me.
Sep 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Aug 2019
Finally, more info about Kanao, even showing more emotion this time, I like her.

I like Shinobu even more now, such a waifu.

Nice to see that Tanjiro improved, and Zenitsu & Inosuke are now working hard.

The cliffhanger annoys me...

One more episode to go, I'll miss this.

Sep 21, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode!

( Shinobu as a teenager <3)

I can't wait to see the train arc.
Sep 21, 2019 11:52 AM

Mar 2016
HanCoo said:
It was cool to see how far Tanjirou came in his training and hearing Nezuko encourage her brother was so sweet! I am a little concerned for the last episode though. It looks like they're starting a new arc, but will they even have time? I haven't read the manga so I don't know how long tis arc is but how much can they actually get through?

No, there isn't enough time to cover another arc. They are merely teasing things to come. There's another pretty important scene in the butterfly estate that should be shown in the next episode too, as well as a certain gathering, so expect the season to end right around the time Tanjiro begins his next mission. The meat of the next arc will be covered in season 2 if it happens.
Sep 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Aug 2019
Another decent episode. 4/5.

Some nice touches with Kanae/Shinobu's relationship. You get the feeling she's taken on her dead sister's persona as a way of honouring her as she was a different person back when Kanae was alive. You can see she finds it difficult though as Tanjiro notices the mask slipping occasionally. Confirms her as best girl on the show.

Nice to see an introduction to the next arc as well.

Sep 21, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always, will be saddened to see this end but I hope a second season is on the horizon. It is a WSJ series so maybe it's already been greenlit.

Every episode just make me like her more and more, Shinobu is best girl. <3
I loved how she edged on Inousuke and Zenitsu.

The training stuff was super fun to watch especially when Tanjiro beat Kanao which fueled Inouske and Zenitsu.

Felt bad for little Kanao, her parents just solder her off. :(
Younger Shinobu is just as good as the older one. <3

From the producers said, we just need to keep supporting the anime, until now they were very thankful for the support so season 2 is more than likely to happen.
Sep 21, 2019 12:03 PM
Jan 2016
Kanao had such a bad backstory, i am glad Shinobu and her sister rescued her. What an adorable and cute trio!

Shinobu cheering up inozuke and Zenitsu in diferente ways was awesome!

Tanjirou improved a lot, and was able to defeat kanao after so much training!

kanao is so adorable, damn, is she interested in Tanjirou!

Looking forward next episode, i dont want it to be the last one! :(
Sep 21, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
Yasss yasss yassss!!! The Demon Train is finally here. I didn't expect that one to come out this episode but it was definitely a nice touch. They've meshed a few chapters together smoothly without feeling disconnected especially since Kanao's backstory was just an extra chapter later than the ones adapted in this episode. I'm always down for these additional scenes ufotable put in the anime especially Tanjirou talking with Nezuko scenes. It's a very heartwarming moment just him saying his thoughts to his sister. I'm very satisfied.

As expected, this season is going to end in a cliffhanger. I can already imagine the anime will end just when Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke are about to board the train. A certain someone will also make his appearance in the next episode.

Anyway, I'm already calling it. Next episode's Taisho Secret is an announcement for season 2 slated for 2020.
Sep 21, 2019 12:22 PM

Jul 2015
So they adapted the special chapter of the backstory of Kanao,i really ship Kanao x Tanjirou,Tanjirou is the special Man in Kanao's life with whom she is hinted to fall in love in future in this episode.
Arjuna777Sep 21, 2019 12:26 PM

Sep 21, 2019 12:24 PM

May 2016
Only one episode left I wonder how strong Tanjiro's father was... and seems fire breathing is different from flame, Shinobu cheering for Zenitsu and Inosuke was so cute to see, and those
Trio were just adorable as ever.

Kanao backstory was sad, seen quite a lot of these and since it was so short didn't have
much impact on me.

Tanjiro mastering this constant breathing technique probably making him close to a level of Hashira.

Only One EP left already feel sad if no new announcement I'm gonna go for the manga.
Sep 21, 2019 12:28 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Another good improvization from ufotable . They didn't stick to the order in manga . But, they make the order become more logical.

Seiyuu of Kanae, Shinobu's sister, is something that I didn't expect. She is so damn good . Very sad that she only appeared in this episode
Sep 21, 2019 12:33 PM
Mar 2017
This episode had everything, I laughed too much with Tanjirou's hard training where he asks to be whipped by the little girls if he loses his concentration of breath and Kanao's backstory was so sad, poor girl now I understand a little why she doesn't speak or she is not very sociable, I am very happy that the Kocho sisters saved her from her miserable life, but the most beautiful thing was to hear that Kanae Kocho's voice is interpreted by Ai Kayano, that "ara ara" are so cute and lethal.

Another episode with a lot of screen time for Shinobu, she really is beautiful and I loved how she motivated Zenitsu and made Inosuke angry so both were motivated to do the breathing concentration training, besides younger Shinobu was so daring and challenging, I also liked watching her interact with Kanae, the same with Kanao, in this episode apart from seeing her sad past we also noticed that she looked a lot at the boys in their training, especially Tanjirou, but the part in which Tanjirou defeats Kanao in the tag game and in the cup game was great, I liked how Tanjirou was a gentleman (much better than Zenitsu) and put the cup on Kanao's head, she looked very adorable with her reaction to this gentle response from Tanjirou.

The visit of Haganezuka had me laughing a lot, Tanjirou was almost on the verge of death for the crime of breaking the Nichirinto that Haganezuka made with such effort, the damn blacksmith almost stabs him and Kanamori, the blacksmith of Inosuke looked like a polite and calm man until he saw how Inosuke destroyed his newly delivered Nichirintos and the blacksmith wakes up his thirst for blood for such an offense, I hope that Inosuke and Tanjirou will not break their Nichirintos again or both will feel the wrath of both blacksmiths.

I liked Naho, Kiyo and Sumi in this episode. I love watching these three little girls supporting and encouraging Tanjirou in his training and recovery.

In the end we see a close moment between siblings where Tanjirou feels more confident in his abilities and strength and that little moment in which Nezuko supports his brother was very adorable, but the most important thing is that apparently a new mission is approaching since at the end of the episode we saw a demon attacking people on a train, but even so, this will be an incredible way to end the season, since I will be anxious that the second season arrives and it will start with a very good arc (according to many others users say)
Sep 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Tanjiro has finished his training, cannot wait for the next mission. Also I think Kanao has a crush on him, how sweet.

Speaking of Kanao, that was a sad backstory, but it was too quick to end though. The writers should have capitalized on that story, after all I'm not in any rush since the story is far from being over.

Mr Haganezuka and Kanamori really made my week, :-D :-D :-D :-D
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 21, 2019 12:42 PM
Aug 2019
It really kills my heart seeing Shinobu. And it makes me sad when I remember somethin' beyond.

HereticHunter said:

He just made his swords useless by shaping them like that. It may look cool but it isn't practical as his swords are now technically useless.

It's not about the sword, it is about the wielder on how strong they are, like what Urokodaki said on Episode 2. They are weak on Natagumo Arc, they still lack power that is why it brokes. Even if it is a knife, if the wielder is strong enough -- it will cut anything. That's all, have a nice day.
Ax_El_ErateSep 21, 2019 12:45 PM
Sep 21, 2019 1:26 PM
Oct 2013
All aboard the feels train
Sep 21, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
lihle808 said:
I'm glad Tanjiro has finished his training, cannot wait for the next mission. Also I think Kanao has a crush on him, how sweet.

Speaking of Kanao, that was a sad backstory, but it was too quick to end though. The writers should have capitalized on that story, after all I'm not in any rush since the story is far from being over.

Mr Haganezuka and Kanamori really made my week, :-D :-D :-D :-D

Are you assuming Kanao won't get her own story arc in the future? ;)
Sep 21, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2016
More fun with this episode. Tanjiro's fans are so adorable and it was quite hilarious to see a jealous Zenitsu.

And hahaha, Shinobu knows how to motivate the guys.

And I hope they really end with that certain scene that is like predestined to be a great cliffhanger and announce a second season immediately.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Is Nezuko learning how to communicate telepathically?
I don't like how Shinobu conveys her message like she's going to die. It's like she's raising a flag of some sort.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 21, 2019 1:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode, only one left... i hope for a S2
Sep 21, 2019 2:57 PM

Apr 2015
Great start of the episode with carpet beaters. I loved that a lot. Tanjiro is still working hard and I am surprised neither of the other guys are as motivated as Tanjiro, well up to a certain point this episode when Shinobu started motivating them.... I want that too...

Just don't let Tanjiro teach you XD "BOOM BOOM" is by far the silliest thing Tanjiro has said!

Great to see more of the Kochou Sisters and how Kanao came under Shinobu's care. Seeing a younger version of Shinobu was great, but yet so different to what she is now. She is now just like how her sister used to be.

Nezuko said something! Anyway, the episode ended on quite the cliffhanger. With just one episode to go, I feel like we might be left hanging into a lot of anticipation for a second season. To think this masterpiece is soon coming to an end.

-Stray said:
For the seiyuu lovers like me out there, Kayano Ai was the one that voiced Kochou Kanae.

Kimetsu no Yaiba was already blessed with such a great cast of talented seiyuu, but reading that Kayano Ai voices Kanae... This couldn't be more perfect!
CeddyyBearrSep 21, 2019 3:08 PM
Sep 21, 2019 3:32 PM
Nov 2014
Kayano ai again “ara ara” this season
Sep 21, 2019 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
Shinobu <3, this episode was very fun and cute.
Sep 21, 2019 3:54 PM

Dec 2014
last episode tto go...I hope a second season comes though
Sep 21, 2019 3:54 PM

May 2014
The last episode isn't going to have much closure is it? Hoping for a second season.
Sep 21, 2019 3:57 PM
Jan 2019
I never knew flame and fire is different but I wonder what's the difference in breathing
I guess it won't reveal in episode 26 but I hope we get an explanation to it
Kanao's story appears out of nowhere without affection to her but in the end, I still like her back story
well she never speaks so it's ok
Sep 21, 2019 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
I thought it was impossible (and a bit cheaty) at first to do Total Concentration Breathing 24/7, but somehow he figured it out. And apparently his "Fire" breathing is different from "Flame" breathing and they're very specific about the two terms being different. Also I'm sad they didn't show Tanjiro's new blade turning black again.

I don't know how they're gonna wrap this arc up without a cliffhanger
Sep 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Feb 2016
Ax_El_Erate said:
It really kills my heart seeing Shinobu. And it makes me sad when I remember somethin' beyond.

HereticHunter said:

He just made his swords useless by shaping them like that. It may look cool but it isn't practical as his swords are now technically useless.

It's not about the sword, it is about the wielder on how strong they are, like what Urokodaki said on Episode 2. They are weak on Natagumo Arc, they still lack power that is why it brokes. Even if it is a knife, if the wielder is strong enough -- it will cut anything. That's all, have a nice day.

Everything said by Urokodaki goes to shit when you consider that Shinobu broke this rule as she uses poison because her sword can't behead. Writer drive itself into a corner here.

Dab1za9 said:
HereticHunter said:

I know that and it bothered me back then, his sword maker had the right to be mad at him. Demons Slayer's weapons are supposed to be made to slash swiftly and behead demons. His fighting style may be that of tear and shred, but it didn't work before at the spider's arc, why would it work now? Its just unpractical, specially considering demon's regeneration. The fact that he had to cut a demon arm by hitting it repeatedly proves how useless they are.

Tanjiro wasn't able to cut the demon arm using his normal sword too so it doesn't prove anything. He was stronger than them.

That's just bad power balance common in many battle shounen.

Mod edit: fixed double post
BarnaldSep 22, 2019 8:13 AM
~Blackwall
Sep 21, 2019 4:46 PM
Nov 2015
These comedy scenes are just cringy af.

2/5.
Sep 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Mar 2017
Aww man! If only they announced another cour.
Next arc is a really good one. Wanted to see it get adapted soon )-:
Sep 21, 2019 6:07 PM

Aug 2016
I'm scared for whats about to come tbh

_(:°з」∠)_
Sep 21, 2019 6:12 PM

Apr 2009
Poor Kanao;( Sad background of course my ship is here;). Shinobu being Shinobu(manipulate/motivate) of course this episode which always makes me smile. Always my favorite girl. Very different from her past self. I didn't laugh much at the comedy in this at the beginning of this series(because the Zenitsu scenes aren't hilarious to me) but I remember laughing at the Haganezuka scene and its even funnier animated. The Inosuke scene too where he's chipping his sword.lol
Sep 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Mar 2019
No fights, no Action, and still a pretty good and entertaining episode...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 21, 2019 6:16 PM

Jul 2016
Kanao is so interesting!! Tajiro and her would be a very cute couple <3
Very fun episode
Sep 21, 2019 6:22 PM

Dec 2018
Sep 21, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Aight so when does this series end? As in this group airing of the series. Is it ending with ep 26 or will it continie?
Sep 21, 2019 6:53 PM
Apr 2018
I thought they were going to show Tanjiro unsheathing his sword and that it would become red. But maybe it'll only turn red once he figures out the fire breathing method (not flame breathing). This is all speculation btw. However, I read online that the black sword represents people with a tragic past that have yet to find themselves. Hopefully we get another flashback or reveal and Tanjiro will become a fire breathing Hashira with a red sword. That would be dope.
Sep 21, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2016
-Stray said:
For the seiyuu lovers like me out there, Kayano Ai was the one that voiced Kochou Kanae.

Ha as soon as I heard her I was "Mamako!" :)
Sep 21, 2019 7:01 PM

Mar 2016
HereticHunter said:
Ax_El_Erate said:

Everything said by Urokodaki goes to shit when you consider that Shinobu broke this rule as she uses poison because her sword can't behead. Writer drive itself into a corner here.

Shinobu uses poison because she lacks the physical strength to behead demons. She even says this herself. As a result of her physical limitations, she uses a sword designed for poison use, because that’s the only way she can really be an effective combatant.
Sep 21, 2019 7:32 PM

May 2013
I'm very happy that this anime is getting the Attention it deserves, and will likely have another season because of it.

Wholesome anime where everyone loves it.
Sep 21, 2019 7:40 PM
Oct 2016
Inosuke Best Character 😂😂😂
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
Judgment526 said:
HereticHunter said:

Shinobu uses poison because she lacks the physical strength to behead demons. She even says this herself. As a result of her physical limitations, she uses a sword designed for poison use, because that’s the only way she can really be an effective combatant.

That doesn't change the fact that it breaks the rule that the writer established early in the story. You can't just go telling me that the only way to kill of demons is by beheading them with these swords (Specially considering the training with the big rock), then change the rules because the writer wanted to make a cool character that uses poison to kill off demons. She has her justification because the writer shit on the rules HE HIMSELF created, and I'm not going to blindly accept it just like that.
~Blackwall
Sep 21, 2019 7:55 PM
Mar 2019
phantomfandom said:
Can ufotable expand Yaiba into a universe like Fate?
best idea I heard all day
Sep 21, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2010
Kayanon's "Ara Ara" (Kochou's sister) OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Sep 21, 2019 8:29 PM
Jul 2009
HereticHunter said:
Judgment526 said:

That doesn't change the fact that it breaks the rule that the writer established early in the story. You can't just go telling me that the only way to kill of demons is by beheading them with these swords (Specially considering the training with the big rock), then change the rules because the writer wanted to make a cool character that uses poison to kill off demons. She has her justification because the writer shit on the rules HE HIMSELF created, and I'm not going to blindly accept it just like that.

Actually no, shinobu only using poison is actually an exception to the rule and a great weakness for her. The wisteria poision is also not infallible. Which will be shown in the later arcs. And no, shes not the only one to use poison. Sure, they dont use it with swords, but they use it with other weapons such as kunai and gunpowder.

Also, urokodaki's opinion is not shared by everyone. When tanjiro meet the leader of the blacksmiths in future arcs, his opinion is the reverse of Urokodaki, that the reason a sword gets broken, is the fault of the swords itself and by extension the swordsmith. In general, the series seems to take the opinion that both sword and wielder must be strong, but there are limits no matter how strong. Of course thats just my opinion as a manga reader.

Mod edit: removed insults
BarnaldSep 22, 2019 8:10 AM
Sep 21, 2019 8:58 PM
Mar 2015
Kanpo's backstory was interesting Shinobu bought her out of slavery but she lost her sister to demons
Glad Shinobu complimented him ever though the sword master did not
Loved the 3 little girls hitting him and cheering for him
Sep 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
I'm almost certain they'll announce season 2 at the end of next week's episode like they did with Fruits Basket.

I like Kanao and I do ship her with Tanjirou although their interactions have been minimal. Her background story wasn't until chapter 59.5 which comes after the train arc and they won't be showing that arc until the next season so I guess it's good they sneaked it in episode 24. Nice to see and hear Kanae again. She's so beautiful and adorable. Young Shinobu was adorable and more hotheaded than she is now.

My fave part was Haganezuka losing his shit and attempting to murder Tanjirou lol

One more episode to go and a long wait for the next season.
臭い-
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netflix Reveals Its Most-Watched Anime TV Shows of 2024 in Official Ranking

Hickykissy - Sep 20

16 by matraph00 »»
Sep 22, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

310 by Lucai_kaii »»
Sep 18, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

280 by humungadunga64 »»
Sep 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

275 by chris1763 »»
Sep 6, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

221 by AZN_07 »»
Sep 1, 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.