Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 15, 2019 1:27 AM

May 2015
The twins went full philosophical at the end. I thought they would be the first ones celebrating like crazy. That took me by surprise.

Also for the ones saying it's unrealistic, this is an anime. In this world exist things like the power of friendship and miracles.
Feb 16, 2019 9:13 PM
Feb 2017
animecyclist17 said:
Solid episode; not sure how I feel about doing another crisis of confidence arc with what the twins say at the end though.

If you've run before, you'd understand. Actually, if you've been in any competition you'd understand but running is extremely difficult. 7:20+ is a LOT of time between Tokyo Sport Univeraity and Kansei University. It makes sense for the ones who were the most hyped for winning to start having doubts on their chances.
Feb 16, 2019 9:15 PM
Feb 2017
luinthoron said:
Eh, the twins worry too much. If they're only 7-8 minutes behind the top qualifiers in a 10-hour race, they don't have that much to catch up, even if the other teams will continue training as well, of course.

It adds up. Split up 7:23 (I think that was the difference) between all 10 runners and that is ~44 seconds. That's a LOT of time.
Feb 17, 2019 5:56 AM

Feb 2007
BlakexEkalb said:
luinthoron said:
Eh, the twins worry too much. If they're only 7-8 minutes behind the top qualifiers in a 10-hour race, they don't have that much to catch up, even if the other teams will continue training as well, of course.

It adds up. Split up 7:23 (I think that was the difference) between all 10 runners and that is ~44 seconds. That's a LOT of time.

Less than 1/60 of their individual times on average, though, and certainly far less than by what they've improved their times so far. The real question is whether they've already reached their limits or there's still room to improve during the time leading up to the actual race.
Feb 17, 2019 8:11 AM
Feb 2017
luinthoron said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Less than 1/60 of their individual times on average, though, and certainly far less than by what they've improved their times so far. The real question is whether they've already reached their limits or there's still room to improve during the time leading up to the actual race.

I hope the ending is where they fail their goal, as it would be a lot more realistic.
Feb 17, 2019 11:04 AM

Feb 2007
BlakexEkalb said:
luinthoron said:

I hope the ending is where they fail their goal, as it would be a lot more realistic.

Wouldn't mind that either. Even qualifying was quite an accomplishment already. Still, don't want them to be last either.
Feb 17, 2019 11:13 PM

Dec 2018
After the push Haji made, ouch... I feel like Haji's leg might get worse if he strains himself once more.

For story sake, I knew they were gonna make it in somehow, but wow...they made it just by a couple milliseconds. I'm still proud of them!! Wonder intense training is going to be from now on.
Feb 18, 2019 12:25 AM

May 2011
BlakexEkalb said:
luinthoron said:

It's already very unrealistic though. That aside, the runs and the race are really well delivered and feels good to watch.

I've already glossed over their bizarre timings and improvement rate so I probably wouldn't even contest against it if, in the case they achieve their goal and somehow made it to the top.
Feb 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2017
They've made it! I'm worried about Haiji's injury.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 6, 2019 2:36 PM
Dec 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
animecyclist17 said:
Solid episode; not sure how I feel about doing another crisis of confidence arc with what the twins say at the end though.

If you've run before, you'd understand. Actually, if you've been in any competition you'd understand but running is extremely difficult. 7:20+ is a LOT of time between Tokyo Sport Univeraity and Kansei University. It makes sense for the ones who were the most hyped for winning to start having doubts on their chances.

I also don't know how many people go from couch/nonrunner 16:30 5ks. No one is here for athletic realism
Mar 27, 2019 12:05 PM

Sep 2017
The official IAAF world record for men is 58:18, set by Abraham Kiptum of Kenya on October 28, 2018 in Valencia, Spain, (20 km). Kakeru ran it in 58 aswell… They could have at least made it realistic with the time. It's not that important, and it does not affect the series, just wanted to point it out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 11:46 PM

Jul 2017
That climax was really good.

Also sucks that Haiji is having resurfacing problems of his knee. I honestly really dislike how in sports anime they keep writing the same thing. In regards to always having injuries as their crutch for severe tension. I've tired it out.

The twins acting depressed all of the sudden was out of the blue. Especially since they are like the hype man of the crew. Seems unneeded.
May 11, 2019 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
They qualified but Haiji's injury is scaring me.
May 26, 2019 2:55 AM

Dec 2013
This episode is very intense! We could see the other runners or teams fighting for victory but damn, they did well. I'm so worried about Haiji, I think his injury will affect the main race. It was a touching episode and even the cameraman cried. Nice to see Yuki pushed Kakeru for a group hug lol. Oh man, the twins are having their doubts. What will happen next

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 1:36 PM

May 2013
Ngl, thought they weren't gonna make it ^^" but they're going the "anime logic" route so issok. I accept that lmao. Happy for my boys xD

They ran well :') Still worried about Haiji's leg tho :(

I hope they lose the Hakone Ekiden bc that's pushing it if they win :3
Just let them lose and make a S2 where they make it hahahah :P
Also let King get his job. Give dat boi his life opportunities! x3
Aug 28, 2019 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
Haiji seemed to have hurt his leg a little with that shift, it was a close one.

They made it! After all the extreme practice, how nice.
Sep 6, 2019 5:28 PM

Sep 2018
Wahhhhh T-T I feel sad for the guy who cry and says sorry 😞

Kakeruuuuuuuuuu sugoiiiii!!!!!!!!!!
Haiji makes me so tense!!!! Wahhh TT____TT
Seeing those runners at the finish line with tired face is so emotional for me !!

They make it to top 10!!!! I'm sooooooo happy for them!!! This is only a qualifier for Hakone Ekiden but I felt that they are already a winner!!
Sep 28, 2019 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm now the twins want to make noise
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 24, 2019 2:48 AM
Aug 2011
I mean it's definitely not realistic lol.
Their overall physique and the amount they've been doing this isn't plausible in comparison to other lifelong runners but holy crap it's does Production I.G know how to make things thrilling nonetheless.
Jan 19, 2020 11:04 AM

Mar 2018
fallingfromsky said:
Katsu-kun said:
One word: unrealistic.

The whole story seems, there's no way amateurs would win that race with only 7 months of pratice? Just two of them had really experiences with running before. It would took years to even manage that tenth place but hey this is fictional sis

You are clearly not a runner. Both running and cycling are very rewarding sports because you build up stamina really quickly (you also lose it quickly if you do not keep it up). Those guys were running a lot. If you only do it casually an only 2 or 3 km a day...yeah that won't work but what they did - that works. Also the guys in the middle had a pretty good but normal pace. Running under an hour is crazy good though.
Jan 25, 2020 10:45 AM
Jan 2016
animecyclist17 said:

this because same.

also kinda worried about haiji's leg
Feb 24, 2020 5:50 PM

Nov 2017
Looks like a kenyan won. Luckily for him there were no Ethiopians in the race cuz otherwise he would’ve lost. Kakeru was completely surprised when he crossed the finish line. He probably din’t realize he was so far ahead. Oh and there comes Haiji. Surely he’s not gonna break right in front of the fini— oh how original. But he accelerated even though this qualifier was about times and not position. He should’ve just jogged over the finish lines. Those seconds really didn’t matter much. And boi boi, based of how the others crossed the finish line. Looks like they didn’t train hard enough yet. Try become elite man...
Now the results.. Surely they’re not gonna name them as the last on— oh how original. Also wtf is up with those twins at the end? Train more train harder. Are they getting spoiled or something?

plz @ me
Mar 1, 2020 9:20 PM
Jul 2014
congrats to kansei!!!! so proud!!!

i hope haiji's knee is ok >< his facial expression made it seem like he really hurt himself.

it's cool they thought of hand gestures to keep everyone on the team on the same page. i'm so proud of all of them that they are even here at the qualifer uwu

kakeru is such a running freak lol
haiji better take time to recover and heal his knee a bit more

the twins were onto something at the end. if they are still 7 minutes behind the fastest team, it makes sense that they feel discouraged and doubtful of their own abilties. i think they can do it tho, of course
Mar 14, 2021 11:54 PM

Jul 2020
Damn that ending left me being uneasy, wonder how this show will go on.
Mar 28, 2021 3:15 AM

Jun 2020
THEY MADE IT!!!!!!!! Their efforts paid off. Last of the top 10 but nevertheless they made it.

I was tearing up when they showed their individual expressions before they crossed the finishing line & the state of the other runners from the other schools. Everyone is trying their hardest best. So much respect! So inspiring. Great OST too!

I hope Haiji’s leg will be ok.....but we all know it wouldn’t be.....sports injuries are always such a bitch......I love Haiji.....BEST BOY..... (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Something that has been bothering me. Why do all the runners stop immediately after they finish? Don’t they usually try to slowly stop & continue running/jog on the spot to bring their heart rate down as a sudden stop would put too much stress on the heart? They have never shown any of the runners doing that. Correct me if I’m wrong/if it’s for short distance.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 1, 2021 9:12 AM

Aug 2018
Hell yeah they made it!!!

Nov 19, 2021 9:46 AM

Jul 2019
Unpopular opinion: Haiji should've died just like Daichi.
Mar 27, 2022 12:40 PM
Jan 2012
Wow Fantastic. Good Results.
112000 meters in 36960,43 seconds.
Kakeru and Haiji makes a good velocity.
Medium velocity 10,9 km per hour.
Mar 12, 2023 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
Alca said:
The official IAAF world record for men is 58:18, set by Abraham Kiptum of Kenya on October 28, 2018 in Valencia, Spain, (20 km). Kakeru ran it in 58 aswell… They could have at least made it realistic with the time. It's not that important, and it does not affect the series, just wanted to point it out.

Yeah the show has had some issues with portraying the actual numbers and speed, my issue early on was with Prince especially, they make it look like he's practically walking but somehow finished a 5K in 30min (which is 10km/h)
That said it's easy to have some suspension of disbelief with a show like this.

RafaKojiro said:
Wow Fantastic. Good Results.
112000 meters in 36960,43 seconds.
Kakeru and Haiji makes a good velocity.
Medium velocity 10,9 km per hour.

With a time of just over 10 hours combined they were averaging just below 20km/h, not 10, after all they just ran a 20km run, 1 hour per person.

I do hope Haiji can recover from his leg, seems like it's going to be an issue before Ekiden or during.
May 14, 2023 7:47 PM

Apr 2015
Very good episode and the finish line montage was artistic 
I've always wondered if Haiji meant winning the Hakone Ekiden or just participating, well looking back at the predictable sport genre losing track doesn't make me optimistic
they already mentioned it few times that they are amatures and not really pros -except Kakeru and maybe Haiji?- but them losing would be yet another sport anime cliché 

I don't know how will the show distinguish it self but I am hoping it's nothing stupid
Jul 23, 2023 1:49 AM
Aug 2022
Finally someone awakes and starts asking the real questions. 
Nov 21, 2023 5:19 PM
Oct 2022
Man, what I've been crying about in these last 2 episodes is beyond words, such a beautiful anime.
Dec 17, 2023 7:14 AM
Jul 2017
uh oh his injury is getting worse. i hope it doesn't ruin all their work

first seeds of doubt are planted on the gap between our team and the rest .
Dec 22, 2023 5:40 PM
Jun 2022
Loved It , Nice Breezy To Awesome Drama Bits!
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Jul 2011
Man I don't know if I've ever been so proud of a fictional sports team LOL I'm so happy they made it!! Definitely brought me to tears.

Haiji is definitely going to have something happen to him. Sports inuries in anime always changes the course of things.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

128 by aoo-kun »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.