Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 17, 2018 7:39 PM
Nov 2015
midoko said:
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Where is the crossdressing scene? Did they just removed it? NO NO NO
NO THEY MUST HAVE IT THAT WAS THE SCENE I LOOK MOST FORWARD TO!! THEY MUST HAVE IT NEXT EPISODE!!! TAT

Read the manga again it's after the meeting and preparing their katana, which is next week episode.
Dec 17, 2018 7:48 PM
Dec 2009
redcobra said:
midoko said:
NO THEY MUST HAVE IT THAT WAS THE SCENE I LOOK MOST FORWARD TO!! THEY MUST HAVE IT NEXT EPISODE!!! TAT

Read the manga again it's after the meeting and preparing their katana, which is next week episode.
yeh but it’s also the part where rimuru told souie to tell the lizard to wait 7 day TAt
Dec 17, 2018 8:03 PM

Oct 2015
Those orcs are real cannibals for sure, they would do anything to survive and get strong.

Gabiru is one charismatic guy and overly ambitious too in staging that coup. I guess he is also a hot head in abandoning defense and decide to attack instead, what an idiot.

Can't wait for the upcoming war. Great episode.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 17, 2018 8:21 PM

Nov 2017
- Does Gabiru stupidty has no limit? but anyway, his voice suitable for someone that always fucked up everything.
Now Loading.....
Dec 17, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
welp...looks like next week is when dumbass Gabiru gonna get humbled
Dec 17, 2018 9:27 PM
Jan 2016
I am impressed how well dryads were described, dryads being the protectors of the forest, and the one who judge and punish the ones that could ruin the forest, and yeah, she knows aswell everything that happens in that forest, and everything about Rimuru! And seems that a personal request from a dryad is an awesome thing, we saw how lizard man chief reacted after knowing!

So orcs have a passive skill that make them eat everything that dies in front of them, even their own allies!

Souei meeting with lizard man chief was amazing, Souei is so cool!

Wtf is Gabiru doing, acepting advices from a masked strange, and after that taken the throne away from his father! And went to offensive strategy without knowing anything about orcs!

Hyped to see when Rimuru will join to the fight, and curious to see a meeting between lizard man chief and Rimuru, i wonder if he will receive a name aswell from RImuru!
Dec 17, 2018 11:28 PM

May 2015
They got potato chips in this world? Or did Rimuru just teach them how to make it?

Wow, Treyni knows a lot if she knows about Rimuru's encounter with Veldora. Rimuru definitely wants the dryads on his side.

"I was defeated by that boy with the dopey face!" Now that he mentions it, Gobta does remind me of Dopey...

Great. Not only was Gabiru given a name to make himself stand out, it also made him more arrogant. Reminds me of Arthas...
Dec 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Mar 2014
Wonder how many of Gabiru's loyal followers are gonna die because of this screw-up
Dec 18, 2018 12:51 AM
Jun 2011
papsoshea said:
Does Gabiru die? I hope so, next episode is definitely the big battle, right?
from the title it seems like there is going to be a battle
Dec 18, 2018 2:07 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Gabiru. I actually really like it when things like this happen, after coming up with a plan someone messes it up or it doesn't work out, more realistic.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 18, 2018 2:16 AM

Jun 2013
Seeing the orcs eat each other to gain power made me want to eat some kimchi jjim with pork and samgyupsal, lechon kawali and lu rou. I love pork.

Surprised to know that the cute lizard lady is Gabiru's sister. She must have a lot on her shoulders for having such a moron as a brother.

Gabiru seems like a decent guy, he's just really dumb and his ego gets easily inflated being surrounded by his equally idiotic constituents but I think he has a big heart.
臭い-
Dec 18, 2018 2:33 AM

Jun 2016
i hate gabiru even more now
Dec 18, 2018 3:52 AM

Jan 2009
papsoshea said:
Does Gabiru die? I hope so, next episode is definitely the big battle, right?

Dec 18, 2018 4:10 AM

Jul 2017
Terkhev said:
At first Gabiru looked like comic relief character, but turned out to be just a fool used by bad guys.

It was very obvious, though.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Dec 18, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2017
Dryads, who are known to dish out divine punishment to anyone who brings harm to the forests can't fight this Orc Lord alone huh, I wonder how long those Lizard men lasts under Gabiru's leadership. Damn, idiots with power are more dangerous than Madmen who holds power. Though, not all lizardmen are like Gabiru and his supporters, some of them appear stronger than they are.

I hope they last until Rimuru gets there.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 18, 2018 5:36 AM

Jul 2014
Slow episode, to the point where it honestly feels like these past two or three episodes could have been cut down to one or two without any issues. I feel like I'm supposed to find it much more epic than I am (the music is certainly pushing that notion), but the pacing is really killing it for me, as is the annoyance that is Gabiru.
Dec 18, 2018 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
The idiot has been duped and manipulated into wasting his fellow lizardmen and feed the Orc Army at the same time! The lizardmen might not last another three days because of this preemptive action. He doesn't know what he's doing but his father does, who had the wisdom to agree when he heard the Dryad's involvement. Maybe Gabiru should offer to feed himself to the Orcs first and foremost? X_x

Next week should be exciting!

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 18, 2018 8:48 AM

May 2018
Yeah, I can understand for those who get bored for this episode. This week they covered the first chapter of manga vol 4, which is full of strategic discussion and alliance meeting, so there is no fight or action. But next week is more intense.

Ouch, and we must wait for more week
Dec 18, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2016
Gabiru is annoying as always.
Dec 18, 2018 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
Atavistic said:
Slow episode, to the point where it honestly feels like these past two or three episodes could have been cut down to one or two without any issues. I feel like I'm supposed to find it much more epic than I am (the music is certainly pushing that notion), but the pacing is really killing it for me, as is the annoyance that is Gabiru.

It isn't that epic, I'm with you on that.

Mostly the pacing, but in general besides the fact that MC is a Slime sometimes, it's a generic Isekai Harem
Dec 18, 2018 1:56 PM
Dec 2018
dadnaya said:
Atavistic said:

Mostly the pacing, but in general besides the fact that MC is a Slime sometimes, it's a generic Isekai Harem

How does Rimuru even have a harem? And generic? How is it generic, it seems pretty different from most isekai I have seen.
Dec 18, 2018 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
Gabiru's stupidity knows no bounds! This might just cost him dearly!

Can't wait for the upcoming battle!
Dec 18, 2018 6:14 PM

Feb 2017
jaw201 said:
dadnaya said:

How does Rimuru even have a harem? And generic? How is it generic, it seems pretty different from most isekai I have seen.

How could U have been so blinded?

Of course it's a Hareem Anime dude, how many monsters that being named by Rimuru again? thousands?
They all basically his hareem U know

Don't even get me started with the fact Rimuru x Souei DreamBoat has been Sailed in this episode
I'd argue the reason Souei went full Ikemen Mode on Rimuru because Benimaru kinda tried to tease Rimuru a minute ago [Jealousy Intensifies]

As for the generic thing , I've been in this weeaboo business for years n I've watched countless series with hareem , isekai , fantasy , comedy , etc etc like this. I won't deny Tensura ain't exception, it's definitely generic, aaand so what if it's generic?
U can make any series as generic as U want but at the end of the day,
" It's All In The Execution "
That what makes it a series Fabulous! Tensura is definitely one the Best!
Fight me!
Lab_Rat_0978Dec 18, 2018 7:08 PM
Dec 19, 2018 2:04 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty fun episode, seems like the next few episodes should be action packed.

Gabiru is the most idiotic and hateable character I've seen in a while.
Dec 19, 2018 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
some comments say that if Kazuma (konosuba) was praised like a dumb idiot just like Gabiru is right now, Kazuma will be just as idiot as him.

and that's why Kazuma needs aqua. to check his ego.

the even funnier thing is, they have the same VA which only doubles the hurt of the possibilities.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 19, 2018 3:37 AM

Apr 2015
Metatoda said:
Am I the only one here who actually pity Gabiru?

I mean, from the very beginning he has every single lizardman who comes fifty feet radius around him praising and building up his ego. Mainly because he's the only named lizardman out there.

This then makes him both arrogant and pressured to lived up to everyone's expectations. Forcing him to ignore the rational thought in favor of mending his broken ego. (Like how he came to conclusion about Gobta?)

Not only that but thanks to his men yelling him about how he should become the next chieftain, he actually believes that he's better than his father. I remember that in episode 11 he started out still trusting and still thinking that his father is capable. It all thanks to those dimwitted lizards that he starts thinking that his father is too soft and unable to rule anymore.

I mean, we've probably been there before. Having loads of people looking up to you and you having no choice but to maintain your reputation. That kind of pressure can and will at least cut down ones IQ to half.

Yes, I'm defending the most hated Lizard this season. Fight Me

PS: In all honesty this little bit of detail is what make this show extremely amazing. Every character even the jerks no matter how much of a cliche villain they are, still feels human. They're not an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. There's a good logical reason why they're an asshole. (No, tragic villain backstory does not count as a good logical reason. Most of it is just lazy writing). This makes this show about non-human feels much more relatable than most story about humans.

Definitely one of the best I've watched.

so you're saying he's a victim like everyone else?

well if there are evil people manipulating him behind the scenes then yes that CAN be true. also look at my previous post.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 19, 2018 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
I'm gonna hand that L to Gabiru.
Dec 19, 2018 6:35 AM

Nov 2016
I realised that I really hate Lizardmans they ruined my good feeling from Overlord (S2) and now ruining this part of anime :/ mostly that annoying Gabiru and his army hope they won't be that much in following anime episodes because it rapidly change my points in ranking :/
Dec 19, 2018 8:04 AM

Oct 2018
Gabiru had a reason why he betrayed his Dad. He honestly respects his Dad, having an inferiority complex over him. That's why he gave Laplace "the inapproved look" when he suggested to take over. He honestly does not trust him.

But here's the problem...we see how loyal named monsters are to their masters. I'm sure we get to see "the promise" made between the two later on and how he was named.

So Gabiru is caught between this inner conflict of loyalty to his Dad or loyalty to his master. His dad who never calls him by his name by all means makes him feel insulted, thus insulting his master indirectly. In addition, the snowballing effect of his toxic subordinates exaggerating his ego has convinced him that his Dad does not see him as much. He is disrespectful to him and to his master. It's like being a child whose parents are super strict, and no matter how high of a grade you get, they are not pleased.

It's moreso pent-up inner frustration than being a complete idiot about it.
Dec 19, 2018 8:53 AM

Sep 2009
Mattinator95 said:
on crunchyroll at time stamp 7:47 theres a error instead of Orc Lord its says Demon Lord in the Subs,

and Laplace is wearing a mask just in case people where wondering and its a 24 episode season

if you mean them talking about the maijin being a underling of the Demon Lord that is right. The maijin doesn't serve the orc lord. The Orc Lord serves the maijin who serves the Demon Lord.
Dec 19, 2018 8:56 AM
Jan 2018
komic said:
Mattinator95 said:
on crunchyroll at time stamp 7:47 theres a error instead of Orc Lord its says Demon Lord in the Subs,

and Laplace is wearing a mask just in case people where wondering and its a 24 episode season

if you mean them talking about the maijin being a underling of the Demon Lord that is right. The maijin doesn't serve the orc lord. The Orc Lord serves the maijin who serves the Demon Lord.

I mean once rimuru transforms back into a slime after shion grabs him . When he declares he will deafeat the orc lord . The subs said demon lord instead even though the voice diolouge says orc lord
Dec 19, 2018 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
Gabiru that baka... I hope he dies... but maybe that is a bit harsh..let us see how it all goes for now
Dec 19, 2018 9:59 AM

Feb 2017
kidlat020 said:
some comments say that if Kazuma (konosuba) was praised like a dumb idiot just like Gabiru is right now, Kazuma will be just as idiot as him.

and that's why Kazuma needs aqua. to check his ego.

the even funnier thing is, they have the same VA which only doubles the hurt of the possibilities.

if it wasn't for aqua, kono suba would've been as dark as re; zero
Dec 19, 2018 11:33 AM

May 2015
Another week, another episode thread with people complaining about pacing when there's literally no issue with it.

Dec 19, 2018 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
nina444 said:
jaw201 said:

Of course it's a Hareem Anime dude, how many monsters that being named by Rimuru again? thousands?

Don't even get me started with the fact Rimuru x Souei DreamBoat has been Sailed in this episode
I'd argue the reason Souei went full Ikemen Mode on Rimuru because Benimaru kinda tried to tease Rimuru a minute ago [Jealousy Intensifies]

As for the generic thing , I've been in this weeaboo business for years n I've watched countless series with hareem , isekai , fantasy , comedy , etc etc like this. I won't deny Tensura ain't exception, it's definitely generic, aaand so what if it's generic?
Fight me!

Isekai Smartphone was better
Dec 19, 2018 2:10 PM

May 2015
dadnaya said:
nina444 said:

Fight me!

You're not serious right? Right....?

Dec 19, 2018 3:16 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, Gabiru, you gullible, narcissistic, easily manipulated fool... Hopefully he won't be able to screw up too much before Rimuru arrives.

Metatoda said:

I mean, from the very beginning he has every single lizardman who comes fifty feet radius around him praising and building up his ego. Mainly because he's the only named lizardman out there.

This then makes him both arrogant and pressured to lived up to everyone's expectations. Forcing him to ignore the rational thought in favor of mending his broken ego. (Like how he came to conclusion about Gobta?)

Not only that but thanks to his men yelling him about how he should become the next chieftain, he actually believes that he's better than his father. I remember that in episode 11 he started out still trusting and still thinking that his father is capable. It all thanks to those dimwitted lizards that he starts thinking that his father is too soft and unable to rule anymore.

Commented on this in the previous episode's thread myself, yes.
luinthoronDec 19, 2018 3:23 PM
Dec 19, 2018 7:12 PM
Jun 2015
Metatoda said:

I mean, we've probably been there before. Having loads of people looking up to you and you having no choice but to maintain your reputation. That kind of pressure can and will at least cut down ones IQ to half.

Yes, I'm defending the most hated Lizard this season. Fight Me

PS: In all honesty this little bit of detail is what make this show extremely amazing. Every character even the jerks no matter how much of a cliche villain they are, still feels human. They're not an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. There's a good logical reason why they're an asshole. (No, tragic villain backstory does not count as a good logical reason. Most of it is just lazy writing). This makes this show about non-human feels much more relatable than most story about humans.

Definitely one of the best I've watched.

No you're actually 100%. I've read the LN and it's exactly as you say. The other issue is lack of experience. Lizardmen are both stronger on average AND have the home field advantage so Gabil's tactics are actually perfectly sound and would work perfectly, but the Orc Lord with the "Starved" Skill changes the entire ball game, but he had no real way of knowing any of this.
Dec 19, 2018 7:38 PM
Dec 2018
dadnaya said:
nina444 said:

Fight me!

>Isekai Smartphone
>Better
All of your opinions from here on out will be immediately discarded.
Dec 19, 2018 9:35 PM
Jun 2017
gabiru for sure will regret his strategy as he is just making an offensive move even without knowing their enemy, and those Orcs alone will made those lizardmen having a hard fight...

im so excited for next weeks episode...
Dec 20, 2018 5:41 AM
Dec 2018
I can say that... it was good...no... SUPER GOOD... but now that it reached to the 12th episode, im starting to like it evvvvvveeeennn mooooore!! To tell you guys the truth, this is my new top 1 favorite anime that i would suggest to my friends :D THANK YOU FOR MAKING TENSEI SHITARA SLIME DATTA KEN!!! ARIGATO GOSAIMASUUU
Dec 20, 2018 2:02 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Can't wait for the next one.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 20, 2018 3:46 PM
Nov 2018
Gabiru is hilarious! The dramatic poses he makes. And his fawning admirers, turning everything into a hero story around him. People shouldn't complain, they should laugh!

TsukuyomiREKT said:
Another week, another episode thread with people complaining about pacing when there's literally no issue with it.

Oh, but saying "pacing" is the first and only way to show that you're an expert on the technical jargon. Preferably combined with hints that show one has read the Light Novel or the manga, so that the coming episodes are spoiled for everyone who likes to read the comment threads.
Dec 20, 2018 4:25 PM

Oct 2008
Gabiru clearly underestimated Orc Lord!
wow! Treyni the Dryad already knows some of the important skills of Rimuru and other information like Veldora & Direwolves...she knows too much!
hope next episode would be full of action and you know what!
4/5.

Dec 20, 2018 4:48 PM

Feb 2017
matias067 said:
Gabiru clearly underestimated Orc Lord!
wow! Treyni the Dryad already knows some of the important skills of Rimuru and other information like Veldora & Direwolves...she knows too much!
hope next episode would be full of action and you know what!
4/5.

The most important thing in that scene is that the Fact " Rimuru sits like L n the Dryad lady takes potato chips an EAT IT!!! " [Death Note reference] XD
5/5
Dec 20, 2018 5:31 PM
Oct 2018
the eps are so slow buts good
Dec 20, 2018 10:12 PM
Oct 2007
RIP Lizardman clan.
I can't wait to see Rimura naming the old chieftain, just a guess! That would be cool!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 10:58 PM

Jul 2017
Good job Gabiru you absolute idiot.
Soei is quickly becoming my favorite character.
Benimaru too.
Also can we just talk about this one background goblin character? I don't think he's said a word yet, or maybe never will, but he's honestly hot.

Dec 20, 2018 11:31 PM

Oct 2013
jaw201 said:
dadnaya said:

>Isekai Smartphone
>Better
All of your opinions from here on out will be immediately discarded.

What is this, r/anime now?
Dec 21, 2018 7:23 AM

Jul 2014
Kcitkat said:
Good job Gabiru you absolute idiot.
Soei is quickly becoming my favorite character.
Benimaru too.
Also can we just talk about this one background goblin character? I don't think he's said a word yet, or maybe never will, but he's honestly hot.

Omg finally someone noticed lol.
Great episode, Gabiru fcked everything up...
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

291 by Psicrom »»
May 28, 10:08 PM

» Watch order

Holy_Momo - Jan 27

19 by good4y0u »»
May 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.