Forum Settings
Forums
New
What intelligence bracket do you think you belong in?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2018 6:09 AM

Jan 2013
Intellectual vanity aside - I feel as if it's better to measure openness to experience.

Continually I see people claim smart or dumb in whatever ways but all I see are parameters being instilled based on specific exposure, and I feel as if the labels that correlate in such a way are only relative.

Anybody can be 'smart' in a given instance, just as anybody can be 'dumb' in another.
Keep yourself open and practice critical thinking.
Aug 24, 2018 7:23 AM

Aug 2012
kingraptor724 said:
Yarub said:
The intelligence dilemma going on here is truly amusing. I don't blame or shun any person here for thinking he has 'above average' intelligence (that's almost 75% of the thread anyway) nor do I mock people who say they are retarded. But I know one thing, the only retarded person here that is rationally proven to be one is OP with his shitty thread executions.

Read that post back to yourself and let me know when you realize why your post is self defeating.

I've read it twice now. There only exists the defeat of my self-defeat. Humour me.
Aug 24, 2018 7:29 AM

Jan 2016
Yarub said:
kingraptor724 said:

Read that post back to yourself and let me know when you realize why your post is self defeating.

I've read it twice now. There only exists the defeat of my self-defeat. Humour me.

You call me retarded for making this thread. And yet you enjoyed this thread for the same exact reason that I enjoy it. The intelligence dilemma from people on here is truly amusing.
Aug 24, 2018 7:43 AM
Nov 2017
Since Santa always lives in the north pole, I assumed that it must be colder there than south pole XP.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with the last option.
CybertronAug 24, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 24, 2018 8:05 AM

Aug 2012
kingraptor724 said:
Yarub said:

You call me retarded for making this thread. And yet you enjoyed this thread for the same exact reason that I enjoy it. The intelligence dilemma from people on here is truly amusing.

Does calling you retarded exempt myself from being one? But atleast let's be real, I don't do threads that are obviously shitty; asking people about their intelligence on the internet. They're obviously going to boost their own ego. Trust me, if the people that say they are above average here are actually above average, we'd have better quality threads. The truth is, we don't. Sad but true.
Aug 24, 2018 8:30 AM

Jun 2014
I honestly don’t know. I guess I’m above average as I did score 118 on an IQ test, and I’ve scored high on online ones, but I don’t know their accuracy. I’m also autistic, and I hear autistic people tend to be quite smart, though I’d argue it is more book smart rather than Einstein smart.

Since I have had varying scores, I do sometimes like to joke that my IQ is way too high to be accurately measured with numbers.
Aug 24, 2018 11:28 PM

Oct 2012
I think anyone who immediately responds with an IQ score from an online test, or any test that wasn't taken in the same year, is borderline retarded.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 24, 2018 11:32 PM

Apr 2013
The internet told me cause I enjoy Free Jazz and Free Improv that my IQ is over 9000! (nah I'm pretty dumb... lmao)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 24, 2018 11:33 PM

Jan 2015
I am mentally retarded.
no doubt.
ye.

Calm me and let me taste the salt you breathed while you were underneath
I am the one who haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the sea
I spoke the words but never gave a thought to what they all could mean

last.fm
Aug 24, 2018 11:41 PM
Feb 2016
I like to think I'm pretty intelligent, though I certainly have a lot of room to improve imo.

Aug 24, 2018 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
Every knows I am the most smartest person on MAL list OP
Aug 25, 2018 4:05 AM

May 2016
Well it is rather arbitrary.
I can say i am intelligent in certain things than some others. Although i can say i pick things up rather quickly.
Aug 25, 2018 4:22 AM

Mar 2008
Intelligent enough to question what is intelligence. There are different kinds of intelligence but on top of that inteligence that can be used and inteligence that can not is situational.
Aug 25, 2018 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
I'm well above average regarding English and science shit, got top 99.7% on a legit welscher I had to do with an edu. Psyche but here's the thing. I'm so bad at the things I'm bad at I'm fairly sure I average out as a little over completely retarded
Aug 25, 2018 4:52 AM

Aug 2015
i was called a gifted kid and shit like that and now i'm demotivated and anxious because everyone expected me to be at the top
my life really became easier once i started calling myself a dumbass bitch and not expecting too much from myself
Aug 25, 2018 5:05 AM

Dec 2015
I'm extremely smart in some aspects but a complete idiot in others and for some reason there isn't any middle ground. I guess that makes me average in some extraordinary way.
Aug 26, 2018 12:41 AM

Aug 2018
Intelligent enough to know that I'm not that intelligent

Railey2 said:
AveryGamerDude said:
I have an IQ of 109 so I'd say above average.
technically true, but in the grand scheme of things that's still average.
If you're within 1 standard deviation of the mean, I'd say you're average.

Between 1-2SD above/below > above/below average.
2SD+ -> much smarter/borderline retarded.

For reference, one SD are 15IQ points.

this would mean that approximately 2 out of 3 people are average, approximately 1 in 3 is above/below average, and approximately 1 in 25 is much smarter/borderline retarded.
Seems reasonable to me.

Nice explanation, IQ scores assume that like most naturally occurring it follows a normal distribution. However to presume that all distributions are normal is unnatural. A person's IQ levels is not only genetically based but can vary based on external factors such as nutrition, health, education etc. It's why identical twins that live in different environments get different results on IQ tests. Also I believe the bell curve model breaks down when it comes to outliers.

Also I'm not sure if all the world's IQ test data is aggregated at one place but I assume if it's not then your results will vary based on where you take the test since different races and countries have different average results which skews the data.
katsucats said:
I think anyone who immediately responds with an IQ score from an online test, or any test that wasn't taken in the same year, is borderline retarded.

I agree on the online test part. IQ results tend to be more stable the older you are so depending on the age of the person a greater than 1 year old result might not be so retarded.
xLoopAug 26, 2018 12:44 AM
<Insert clever quote>
Aug 26, 2018 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
more intelligent than your average alt right clone that's for sure lmao
probably above average, but below genius level, esp given how poor my mathematical skills are
i can perform in english, history, and various subjects well without too much effort, but i'm terrible at math
Aug 26, 2018 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
smarter than most MALers, especially people fighting in current events. those guys always crack me up
Aug 26, 2018 2:29 AM

Jul 2015
-InfiniteLoop- said:

Railey2 said:

this would mean that approximately 2 out of 3 people are average, approximately 1 in 3 is above/below average, and approximately 1 in 25 is much smarter/borderline retarded.
Seems reasonable to me.

Nice explanation, IQ scores assume that like most naturally occurring it follows a normal distribution. However to presume that all distributions are normal is unnatural. A person's IQ levels is not only genetically based but can vary based on external factors such as nutrition, health, education etc. It's why identical twins that live in different environments get different results on IQ tests. Also I believe the bell curve model breaks down when it comes to outliers.

Also I'm not sure if all the world's IQ test data is aggregated at one place but I assume if it's not then your results will vary based on where you take the test since different races and countries have different average results which skews the data.
The more indepentend random variables you add to an equation, the more you'd expect the results of said equation to resemble a normal distribution.
This is known as the central limit theorem.

So the things you mentioned (genetics, health & nutrition, eduction..) actually increase the chance that we're dealing with a normal distribution, if we assume that they're sufficiently independent from one another, which they usually are unless you want to include people from the poorest 3rd world countries in your statistics.

For the purposes of this thread, I assumed that everyone here enjoys a standard of living that either matches or comes close to the modern western standard. If a significant of the userbase came from the slums of africa, we could expect a bimodal Distribution, but that seems unlikely.

Therefore, a normal distribution is to be expected.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the normal distribution of intelligence is one of the best established distributions there is.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Aug 26, 2018 2:37 AM

Mar 2008
-InfiniteLoop- said:

Railey2 said:

Seems reasonable to me.

katsucats said:

I agree on the online test part. IQ results tend to be more stable the older you are so depending on the age of the person a greater than 1 year old result might not be so retarded.

IQ is also influenced by economic status which is what influences education level and diet and stress levels to some degree.
Aug 26, 2018 2:40 AM

Apr 2017
bro i'm so fucking stupid no cap

like i can't keep up with y'all at all

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝚖𝚊𝚕'𝚜 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚙 !
𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 !
Aug 26, 2018 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
I consider myself to be very intelligent for a human being, for I have grasped the truth of this world. However, I recognise that, in comparison to God, I am nothing: thus, I, and we, am, and are, not very intelligent at all.
Aug 26, 2018 2:45 AM

Apr 2017
PriestOfJustice said:
I consider myself to be very intelligent for a human being, for I have grasped the truth of this world. However, I recognise that, in comparison to God, I am nothing: thus, I, and we, am, and are, not very intelligent at all.

damn dude nofap's really enlightened you

Aug 26, 2018 2:48 AM

Jul 2017
sekai- said:

no joke
im glad you got that sorted out
Aug 26, 2018 2:52 AM

Apr 2017
Tangerine said:
sekai- said:

no joke

please train me in the ways of being a smart boi

i'll be your apprentice

Aug 26, 2018 2:52 AM

Jan 2016
sekai- said:

Well if anything, you like persona 5. Which means your taste is at least not crap.
Aug 26, 2018 2:55 AM

Jul 2017
sekai- said:
Tangerine said:

no joke

please train me in the ways of being a smart boi

i'll be your apprentice

this sums it all up very nicely
damn it
Aug 26, 2018 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
sekai- said:
PriestOfJustice said:

damn dude nofap's really enlightened you

Right now I’m at, like, six or seven levels of enlightenement, my friend.
Aug 26, 2018 4:01 AM

Aug 2017
realistically if you watch anime you're instantly classified as not-smart
Aug 26, 2018 4:35 AM

Dec 2014
I play osu. I'm obviously a genius.ur also a genius if you saw this
Sep 4, 2018 6:16 PM

Aug 2017
I'm smarter than average. Trust me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 4, 2018 7:58 PM

Feb 2016
I’ll say average since, like everyone I assume, I’m very knowledgeable in some areas but rather ignorant in others.
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Sep 15, 2018 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
I'd say I'm pretty average. I don't know everything, I just know what I know.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Sep 15, 2018 7:45 PM
Jun 2015
I'm so intellectually inept that I managed to somehow staple my finger even though I forewarned myself mentally to not do that very thing.

And better yet, I'm so physically retarded that I enjoyed that pain. :)
Sep 15, 2018 7:55 PM

Jun 2016
So many brainlet NPCs in this thread...

Sep 15, 2018 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
Not trying to be arrongant but since you ask, much smarter than the avarage. At the same time I'm kind of retard.

PS: Online IQ tests are baits.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Sep 16, 2018 2:07 AM

Aug 2018
Above average yet not a total genious.

I trust the test I took at the uni.
Sep 16, 2018 5:42 AM

Sep 2018
I started reading this thread unsure of where I lie on the intelligence scale.

Then, after seeing how many almighty people are above average, I realised that I am merely a below average normie. I will never be able to reach their superior level of knowledge, bestowed upon them from grammar schools and IQ tests.
Sep 17, 2018 12:04 AM
Sep 2018
you know that I support the point of view: the more I know, the more I understand that I am stupid.
Sep 17, 2018 12:06 AM

Feb 2016
i consider myself a genious but in reality im really average

to the above^ im pretty sure ur not stupid
Sep 17, 2018 2:56 AM
Dec 2010
Although people say I'm smart, I act down right retarded sometime. I question my intelligence if it's sane.
Sep 17, 2018 1:25 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Maybe we all really do overestimate our own intelligence but personally I've always felt like you can pretty easily in talking to someone tell whether they're smarter or dumber than you. This was especially evident to me back in Highschool. It's hard to explain like it's not because of say an expansive vocabulary but because there was just always some subtle indescribable something about their pattern of speech that made me feel like it was clear that they were on a higher level of thought (or vise versa). Like I could still go back in my yearbook and point those kids out because it definitely stuck out to me. In addition whenever I took a a non Honors/AP class things just felt a lot more dreary and slower.

I'd also say I'm skeptical of stuff like IQ Tests. Growing up I would occasionally go in to take these tests at Stanford (if I recall correctly they wanted to track the development of babies born at their hospitals who were born a few months too early) and supposedly according to the IQ Tests I always landed somewhere around the 120s which I guess could mean being anywhere from 9% - 2% but anything outside of Raven's Progressive Matrices felt really subjective. There's also different kinds of intelligence too (and I don't just mean IQ vs EQ).

Plus I think a drive to work hard is vastly more important than your intelligence (assuming you're at least average). Like back in Elementary School I used to get put in the advanced math classes yet by the end of High School many of those kids ended up doing horribly in school. Hell I myself am awful at math now (so much for being an "advanced math student") it's easily my worst subject I always run out of time on tests and don't get As on them unless I take Aderall a few hours prior. I mean hell how smart can I really be when I when I choose to major in Engineering; just about as math intensive as it gets knowing I'm horrible at math lol.

Of course the real answer is that anybody who doesn't want anime is dumb (;
Sep 18, 2018 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I took a pretty legit IQ test not too long ago, that was like 40 minutes long and very elaborate. I got above average in my country, so I'd say I'm a pretty clever cookie :))
Sep 18, 2018 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
One time I mad an IQ test but it was a free version with less questions so Idk what score I would have in real IQ test but from this "free version" I've got that I am one of the 3% of world with my intelligence...
But I wouldn't say that , in alot of aspects ( I don't mean subjects like maths , physics or others which test your knowledge to school or to some kind of work )(but I mean the knowledge about life , or what to do in life moments which we experience almost all the time ) I am a little bit smarter than average which I've noticed , but also there are ofc alot of people much more smarter than me .
Sep 18, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2009
I posted above average, not because I think I'm clever, but because everyone else is dumb.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Sep 27, 2018 11:47 AM

Aug 2015
When i'm motivated more than i spect!

Sep 27, 2018 2:53 PM

Dec 2008
Duh-ya mean little ol' me? Dumb, dumber and dumbest, that be me.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Sep 27, 2018 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Average. I think I have aspergers though. I took an online test where anything above a 65 means there's a high chance that u have aspergers. I got 159. It kinda makes sense the more I think about it reflecting on my social behavior, my compulsive obsessions etc. Oh well
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you could time travel and teleport where and when would you go? ( 1 2 )

Paladin23 - Jan 25

61 by KitsuFrost »»
2 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

833 by zzz »»
1 hour ago

» why is being idealistic always considered as a taboo in this world?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

11 by JaniSIr »»
2 hours ago

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - 3 hours ago

5 by 9765 »»
2 hours ago

» What are you insecure about the most? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

54 by Noboru »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.