Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 22, 2018 6:56 PM

Jan 2015
jesus i cried my eyes out at this episode. i LOVE this show dude
Feb 22, 2018 7:03 PM

Dec 2015
Orchestral version of Ref:rain, yes please!

And Tachibana's mom is also super pretty, who would have thought?
~
Feb 22, 2018 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
wow that was so good i'm scared it won't be getting any better :( perfect episode, kondou's inner monologue almost made me cry. 5/5
Feb 22, 2018 7:56 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

The visual quality of this series is amazing, so many breathtaking shots. Just fantastic.

The apartment scene was lovely and the metaphor of the umbrellas's especially the part where they fall over was beautiful.
The hug was very sweet, friends eh? It's something. XD

Pretty much every shot of Akira in the rain, the hug and the final scene with Akira in bed with her dangling hair were simply beautiful. I don't have enough praise for how great this show is in terms of visuals.
Feb 22, 2018 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
I found my favorite scene on this season, It was so beautiful every detail, using the ending theme with the correct use of colors and filters, and the dialogue, everything was so intense

Yes, Koi Wa is my AOTS

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Feb 22, 2018 8:49 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
AOTS right here confirmed!
I’ve loved every single episode thus far, but this episode really with its mesmerizing animation and outpouring of emotions takes the icing on the cake here for me.

Mr. Kondo finally, about time, has realized his feelings for Tachibana but he came up with the worst possible desperate escape, it being none other than the fearful ‘friend zone’. Wow, well played Mr. Kondo xD! Best scene of this episode goes noneother than the whole apartment scene really starting from the moment Tachibana knocks on her manager’s door. I, especially, liked the hugging scene of course but also the attention given to the two umbrellas there. And the Piano version of the ED, masterfully dome Wit Studio! I’m very pleased with the amount of attention given to Tachibana’s expressions and eyes though since, quite frankly, they are just gorgeous.

Overall, a brilliant, nearly perfected episode right here. I’m hoping for a Utopian-like ending with all lovey-dovey in the end but chances are slim at best and I can see why honestly from a writer’s perspective but that ain’t enough to sink my ship just yet. At the same time, I’d like to see a depressing end to this tale too. Gah, whatever rocks your boat Wit Studio and Mayuzaki-san. Just give me more of this brilliance, and I’ll have nothing to complain about.

What a season this is turning out to be though. Rather, what an amazing week. First, we got the absolutely brilliant Violet Evergarden episode and now this too. I feel like I’m living this moment xD, and I have my exams starting next week. Haha, R.I.P. me.

Can’t wait for the next episodes to come.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 22, 2018 10:08 PM

Mar 2010
_MushiRock11_ said:
Mr. Kondo finally, about time, has realized his feelings for Tachibana but he came up with the worst possible desperate escape, it being none other than the fearful ‘friend zone’. Wow, well played Mr. Kondo xD!

He has realized that she is important to him, but not even a hint of sexual desire from his monologue. Friend-zoning was closer to the truth than an escape.

-Stray said:
Tachibana can be expressed in a lot of words.. lewd being one of them, I wouldnt be surprised if she came after that hug.
That "What do you know about me?" line was so damn on point tho, that was some harsh reality there.
Anyways Tachibana being lewd aside, that damn OST that kicked in really hit the spot, combined with that stormy rain, God.
Amazing ep and was kinda surprised Kondo actually had the guts to hug her, I mean cmon, why just hug? kiss the damn girl! she's itching for it.
Matthz said:
That ending thou... she did it again, didn't she.

That moan was proof enough my friend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anything lewder than a mere dream would be quite impressive since her arms were crossed over her chest with hands in sight at the time she opened her eyes. :D Speaking of that dream, I was impressed that she had her scar! The symbology with Kondou in that dream was also impressive. She may know deep down that she is not going to be able to hold onto him.

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
The two umbrellas falling over on top of each other was quite lewd.

Lewder if you think about how Tachibana's umbrella pushed Kondou's to the ground. >_> If this wasn't a pre-existing property, I'd say a rapist yandere Tachibana could be a legit ending for the series. lol

Anyone else wonder exactly what the exit scene w/ Kondou's face turning blue meant? Just what was he thinking of there...? There are a ton of things just from this episode alone that would be stress worthy afterall. XD
deadman80Feb 22, 2018 10:13 PM
Feb 22, 2018 10:24 PM

Nov 2017
Just in case anybody has issues with the last "lewd tachibana" scene, I think by this point in the show we can give the creators a little credit and assume there's more too it.

1: If you are in the "tachibana is totally going to bean town camp, then that's an easy connection there, it was a very emotional moment for her which usually translates that way when you are younger.

BUT

2: I'm going to give them even more credit because i think it was not done out of smut or fanservice. To me it felt fairly tasteful and artistic for what it was on its face. first off, even fully nude, it wasn't as "sexualized" as Douchefaces fantasy earlier in the show. It's tame nature spoke more to her vulnerability i think, because that and nakedness are often used symbolically. Just as Mr. Kondo was saying during his embrace, it's about them standing in eachothers rain(rain being their emotional problems--to put it simply--) It's about being open and vulnerable with eachother. Then accepting and comforting them, helping to shoulder their burdens. (which of course whether she's performing certain acts or not, she is going to have very strong romantic feeling towards.

Which is why we end with a "friends?" *faint*
Feb 22, 2018 11:13 PM

Sep 2016
redtailrav said:
A somber episode that left me feeling down. The episode itself is brilliant, but those feels.....

Kondo did the right thing by sending Tachibana home by cab. I confess that I probably would not have been able to send her home. She makes you love her.

thats a fact tachibana is such a lovely character and this episode shows more of her loveliness through and through def one of the best anime this season tachi best girl woop
Facta Non Verba
Feb 22, 2018 11:38 PM
Jul 2016
Matthz said:
The apartment scene was so damn beautiful. I wish it wasn't just a friendly hug, but that's good enough for now. I like how Tachibana's mom is basically just a grown up short-haired version of her.That ending thou... she did it again, didn't she.

I don't think the hug was a "friendly" hug, if it was he would have kept both arms around her upper shoulder but instead he did slide one hand down to her waist/hips, that was anything but a "friendly" hug. I think he said that out of embarrassment.
DaveHertFeb 23, 2018 12:17 AM
Feb 22, 2018 11:41 PM

Apr 2012
KONDO'S DIALOGUE IS SO ON POINTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

he is single-handedly carrying this show

Feb 23, 2018 1:24 AM

Apr 2015
Absolutely loved this episode. Honestly the execution of this show has been flawless so far. The beautiful imagery, music, and realistic dynamics between characters is really making this one of the best anime of the season.

5/5
Feb 23, 2018 1:34 AM
Dec 2016
it was really hit me hard
Feb 23, 2018 1:37 AM

Jul 2014
Another absolutely fantastic episode from this show, and an excellently emotional one as well. Kondo is right that Tachibana doesn't really know anything about him, but I'm wondering why he came out and said that to her so bluntly, as that seems really out of character for him (gut feeling is that the author of that book he borrowed is his ex-wife, but I'm not 100% sure if that's really the case). By the same notion, he doesn't really know much about her, but his age means he has a lot more experience to go off of and give advice to her based on.

Other than that, the hug scene was done excellently on all levels, and was a perfect example of everything that has made this series so strong so far.
Feb 23, 2018 1:49 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. What a great episode! The show's getting better and better!

"You know nothing about me." Shots fired. But the counterattack was "I want to know more about you." I get that Kondo is handling the situation like what an adult should do.

It was a quite heavy usage of symbolism here. The emotions too, OH MAI GAH! That hug between Tachibana and Kondo-san is so sweet!

Looking forward for the next episode! 5/5
Feb 23, 2018 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Fappa said:
Absolutely breathtaking.

I slowly doubt that this here is really about love but rather about two people who had to gave up their passion in life, finding comfort in each other's company. In a way they both complete each other.

This hugging surely is one that has burned itself into my mind. I won't forget that one.

Think that was quite obvious by the hints.

Akira after the injury wanted to run away from the fears of it. That's why on a rainy day, she came across the good natured manager whose gentle smile protected her as an umbrella, and allowed her as a sort of escapism. That's why she doesn't want to talk to her best friend too, or make efforts to get back to what she used to love.

The manager's backstory will probable be revealed soon(there are already some foreshadowings for that one) but yeah it goes the same for him too.

At the end of the day I always saw this anime where the romance factor is a sort of impetus for drawing out the themes.
removed-userFeb 23, 2018 2:24 AM
Feb 23, 2018 3:00 AM
Oct 2017
5/5. Great episode, the best one yet. Mr Kondo has class and was very mature in his response and motions in the apartment. I can't wait for the next episode. His monologue, in my interpretation, means that he doesn't love her--rather he thinks it's rather frivolous or in a sense stupid or shallow to call what they have, or how he feels, or how she feels about him to be "love." In this very moment, Tachibana felt so defeated in losing her purpose in life that she felt "heart-broken" but as Frostbytes has stated above, found an escape in Mr Kondo. Kondo basically says that he is going to protect Tachibana's innocence in this moment by letting down his guard, forgetting the whole 45 vs 17 yo thing, to mend her defeated heart--not because he's a pervert or trying to relive nostalgia in young love with a young girl but because as of right now, Tachibana needs someone to hold her, hug her, and tell her everything is going to be okay. I hope we get to see Tachibana mend Kondo's defeated heart in upcoming episodes until the eventual departure/breakup/going separate ways ending (hopefully there's an ending). Anyone thinking that they are going to be together..........prepare yourselves. This anime is going to hit us hard in the feels.
Feb 23, 2018 3:40 AM
Jan 2017
This is a Pretty great episode. I just love Kondo's Philosophy on Youth and it shows that actually reads Pure literature.
Feb 23, 2018 6:21 AM

May 2017
phantomfandom said:
I can't help but the Run photobook front cover reminds me of DevilMan Crybaby

Same

Miko best girl
Feb 23, 2018 6:27 AM
Jul 2015
Best episode. Anime of the season and probably one that will remind us not only young people are entitled to love (even if he doesnt want to realize). Love every ep and unless they screw the rest of the eps this one is going to be a romance anime to suggest other people like tsuki ga kirei. I have no soubt that the rating is going up to above 8.20
perkunos.blogspot.com
Feb 23, 2018 6:28 AM
Jul 2015
cdragon_88 said:
5/5. Great episode, the best one yet. Mr Kondo has class and was very mature in his response and motions in the apartment. I can't wait for the next episode. His monologue, in my interpretation, means that he doesn't love her--rather he thinks it's rather frivolous or in a sense stupid or shallow to call what they have, or how he feels, or how she feels about him to be "love." In this very moment, Tachibana felt so defeated in losing her purpose in life that she felt "heart-broken" but as Frostbytes has stated above, found an escape in Mr Kondo. Kondo basically says that he is going to protect Tachibana's innocence in this moment by letting down his guard, forgetting the whole 45 vs 17 yo thing, to mend her defeated heart--not because he's a pervert or trying to relive nostalgia in young love with a young girl but because as of right now, Tachibana needs someone to hold her, hug her, and tell her everything is going to be okay. I hope we get to see Tachibana mend Kondo's defeated heart in upcoming episodes until the eventual departure/breakup/going separate ways ending (hopefully there's an ending). Anyone thinking that they are going to be together..........prepare yourselves. This anime is going to hit us hard in the feels.

Aftee Reading this i throw my towel to the floor. Excellent.
perkunos.blogspot.com
Feb 23, 2018 10:01 AM
Mar 2015
out of scale/10

not only the original story, amazing characters and voice actors, but also fucking awesome visually... damn
Feb 23, 2018 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
That was a beautiful episode!!

Feb 23, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2016
FreindZONED Good move manager , co'z you know it might kick you in the ass.....

Aw, those legs...I wonder if she shave or waxed it.
Feb 23, 2018 12:01 PM

Mar 2012
This show will be remembered in the anime history. Great work indeed.
Feb 23, 2018 2:05 PM

Oct 2012
JanitraE said:
MaahHeim said:
Gosh, this episode was SEXY. The hug was... Goddammit, now I find Kondo super hot. WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I STARTED THE ANIME FINDING HIM CUTE, AND NOW I FIND HIM HOT???? This anime is doing exactly what it has to do and I love it

Now I wish this website has a like button

---

I really like this episode, that apartment scene is absolutely beautiful

And also, do people sweats that much when they have a fever? or there is something else going on? lol

Hahahaha, thank you
After watching it for the second time I thought Akira might had been horny because of the dream (besides the fever)....... but idk

duderus said:

Beautiful gifs and images as usual <3 But it surprised me a little that you didn't gif that scene where Tachibana's umbrella falls over Kondou's. Although I guess it wouldn't hold that much meaning outside of that particular scene
MaahHeimFeb 23, 2018 2:10 PM
Feb 23, 2018 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
MaahHeim said:

Beautiful gifs and images as usual <3 But it surprised me a little that you didn't gif that scene where Tachibana's umbrella falls over Kondou's. Although I guess it wouldn't hold that much meaning outside of that particular scene

I did include it. It's just buried at the end of the hugging scenes. I didn't find any use to have it just for the umbrellas falling onto each other lol

Feb 23, 2018 6:51 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
[quote=deadman80 message=54149857]
_MushiRock11_ said:
Mr. Kondo finally, about time, has realized his feelings for Tachibana but he came up with the worst possible desperate escape, it being none other than the fearful ‘friend zone’. Wow, well played Mr. Kondo xD!

He has realized that she is important to him, but not even a hint of sexual desire from his monologue. Friend-zoning was closer to the truth than an escape.

Oh, is that so?
Judging from his expressions though, I’d say there something more to it. Moreover, it’s obvious that he was thinking about Tachibana while staring out of the window and he tried to snap out of it.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 23, 2018 7:34 PM

Mar 2016
My god, that episode was absolutely beautiful.

The only thing I didn’t like was Tachibana’s dream while she was sick, if felt a little odd.
Feb 23, 2018 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
Everything about this ep was amazing! plus so many gif moments!
Feb 23, 2018 8:22 PM

Oct 2017
This show has made me a fan of romance anime, something I never thought I would enjoy. This episode in particular is one of the most touching moments in anime for me. The Manager's monologue with that slow rendition of the ending song playing in the background was fantastically written.
Feb 23, 2018 10:39 PM

Aug 2012
I love it, this is the first time that I love a female character of a shoujo, in general terms almost every female mc of a shoujo is dumb ( Like orange and ao haru ride). I Like how Tachibana really express how she feels.
Feb 23, 2018 11:35 PM

Feb 2011
SO beautiful and so meaningful episode: so much emotions coming from both Tachibana and Kondo: Their passionate hug scene was so priceless: Kondo's monologue carries a lot of meaning: he wanted to save her and comforting her from all the troubles she's going through by his embrace and he wanted to warm her from his touch that reaches a bright light in Tachibana's world: OMG,OMG,"this feelings, it's be too frivolous to call this feeling love: IT'S LOVE KONDO, LISTEN TO YOUR HEART" and also when Kondo said he was grateful for Tachibana to have feelings of love for him was so CUTE AND TOUCHING and that passionate embrace expresses his feelings of love towards Tachibana: it's a hug coming from someone he loves, not as a friend: the way he was holding her makes look like he doesn't want to let go of her, it's so romantic: when he pushed her away he was blushing from embarrassment in what he just did, NICE ONE KONDO, LOL!!! The scene where Tachibana's re-imagine their passionate hug was something else, it holds a meaning that she wants to hold that precious memory with Kondo for a lifetime: and the last with Kondo was hilarious, even Kondo can't stop thinking about it: SO CUTE!!!!!! I TRULY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
This episode is so PERFECT AND YES GIVE US MORE TACHIBANA X KONDO PASSIONATE MOMENTS LIKE THIS EPISODE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
1000/10 score, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3
sweetangieFeb 24, 2018 12:42 AM
Feb 24, 2018 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
Ok wow a good episode. story develops further… so gonna follow the manga once it’s finishes
Feb 24, 2018 3:56 AM

Mar 2010
That Kondo monologue...
+ Ref:rain violin verion, it's not fair.

Very good episode and very strong scene.
Feb 24, 2018 4:49 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. The orchestral version of Aimer's ref:rain during the scene in Kondo's apartment really made this episode for me.
Feb 24, 2018 4:53 AM

Jun 2017
this episode was...OMG
Feb 24, 2018 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
The art in this episode was absolutely marvelous. Though i should say the art in this anime has been just magical so far.

That aside, it seems like their relationship has been a rollercoaster with ups and downs. Im really not sure how the author intends to pull this relationship off, but it seems like we're still too far, with Kondo calling that a friends hug.
Feb 24, 2018 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
Amazing episode. It was so raw and emotional.

Comic_Sans said:

The apartment scene was 11/10 material

Also, nice fever dream Akira, I can totally relate

my exact reaction LOL
Feb 24, 2018 6:47 PM

Dec 2017
This episode was so sweet. I love the allusions to rain and the emotional moment they shared. They orchestrated rendition of the ending song by Aimer was also a fantastic touch.
Feb 24, 2018 9:11 PM
Oct 2017
Just curious, up to this point what manga chapters have been adapted? I like to compare and contrast anime and manga. Thank you in advance.
Feb 24, 2018 10:16 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was so good! That hug was just everything!!!
I worry about the end honestly... I wish they could end up together but I'm not sure how possible that is or if it'll even work...
I truly love everything about this pairing. I love how different Tachibana is with KondoU, as well as her boldness, while I love how unassuming Kondou is.
WHY COULDN'T SHE JUST BE A COUPLE YEARS OLDER?!
Feb 25, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
That hugging part was pure perfection.
Feb 25, 2018 1:13 PM

Jul 2014
Loved the apartment scene with the beautiful ending playing in the background. Just wish he would give in already ffs!
Feb 25, 2018 7:18 PM
Jun 2017
ONE OF MY FAVORITE EPISODE!!! i mean this one is full of emotions from the "you dont know anything about me", then the apartment scene of Mr. Kondo and Ms. Tachibana.

*That way they have talked over their feelings is just so beautiful that you could feel what they are wanna say at each other...
Feb 26, 2018 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
I could say that after the quiet there was a storm, if we reflect on these last two episodes. The episode is very good as narrative, full of emotions and introspection. On the occasion of the hug between Akira and Kondo, I could not remain calm as usual, but I exploded with a release like: "Yes, this is done!" Beautiful drawings and backgrounds.
Feb 26, 2018 10:49 AM

Feb 2007
I do blame about 50% of the tears on the music, but that doesn't mean that absolutely beautiful scene between the two would not have managed to do this even without any sound at all...
Feb 26, 2018 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
Really great episode! Starting with Kondou's comment at the beginning, that little scene between Akira and Kase in the middle, then of course the scene in Kondou's apartment. His thoughts as he went to hug her were really well done ... and then to end it off, uh, some naked hugging in Akira's dream and then some sweaty Akira eh? :P Either way, I thought their interactions were really good this episode especially with how honest they were with each other. Well done :O
Feb 26, 2018 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
CONSIDER THE SYMBOLISM BEHIND KONDOU CHOOSING AQUARIUS AND TACHIBANA CHOOSING POCARI SWEAT

Feb 27, 2018 1:15 AM

May 2017
Man are they gonna fuck ??
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

160 by BiobulletM »»
Yesterday, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

140 by BiobulletM »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

216 by LotteGiants »»
Jul 5, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

85 by LotteGiants »»
Jul 4, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

92 by LotteGiants »»
Jul 4, 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.