Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2016
what a woman of wisdom, I really like Rahabs character, and her design live up to my expectation

water camouflage and their fast travel was amusing to watch

Looing forward for the second half of Elias backstory.
Dec 11, 2017 3:25 PM

Nov 2008
Another good episode, and I really like how were getting to see elias's past now and getting to know more about him.

Dec 11, 2017 9:09 PM

Oct 2008
So Lindel is the one who discovered Elias.
tiny Elias is weirdly cute!
Lindel is Elias' master but Lindel also has a Master...and so on i guess...
3/5.

Dec 12, 2017 3:42 PM

Mar 2017
So I loved this episode, because Lindel is one of the best characters IMO.
The character designs, and most aspects of the series, are so well thought out; Lindel takes after the Sámi people and it's kinda rad to see this (and my) culture used as an inspiration in a manga/anime, especially a culture/ethnic group most people don't even know exist. Bravo to Kore Yamazaki, and also bravo to the animators and direction for getting al the little details correct down to the colors for Sámi clothing, and the color of sacred reindeer.
Can't wait for more!
Dec 12, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2017
I just love how this series teases so many of the characters as being evil, like Lindel and especially Elias, but they never give in. Everytime I see an episode, I feel so on edge. And now with Elias' backstory, wow. He might have been a human who got in black magic. That is incredibly interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing if and how he gains his memories back from before he was walking.
Dec 13, 2017 2:06 AM

Mar 2014
Chibi Elias was really cute! It was nice to see some backstory although it didn't answer any of my questions. I wonder if Elias was indeed a human who experimented with dark magic. The mysterious vibe of the show regarding the characters' past is really intriguing.
Dec 13, 2017 5:17 AM

Oct 2016
god, I was bored watching this episode. A huge patch of fuck-all happening
Dec 14, 2017 1:28 AM
Oct 2015
Completely forgot Elias had an origin, to begin with, but anyway I'm glad we got a bit of an insight into Eliases past. Besides that tiny Eliases is actually really cute, especially it being emotionless aswell.
Heckle was here...
Dec 15, 2017 3:42 AM
Aug 2017
It's great to get more backstory on Elias! I'm so happy! I wonder if he eventually remembered his past. He did say he was punished and banished from the land of Fae. I don't remember it exactly so I could be wrong. He could have been lying or at least not telling the whole truth.
So Elias learned to be a Mage and wasn't born one. He might also be a half-breed or hybrid. Parents may have been a human and a Fae like creature with shifting abilities or human/half-human and half-breed/hybrid of some sort. Hell, he could also have just been created from parts of something by someone and/or a magical being. We might even see his beastly form again in greater detail with maybe some answers. So far we've seen two different animal like forms. This one is more streamlined while the other is more messy (random hooves). Oh!! We also saw the possibility that Elias might crave FLESH!! First with Chise and now with Lindel (his neck). Both occurred while in his "beast" forms. His behavior toward flesh might also be linked to which form he is in. I guess we'll find out more in the next episode.

I just thought of something. Maybe his memory never came back but only knows what others have told him. Like that sorcerer "kid" who referred to him as *complicated name* and I think there was another name but I forgot. Then again, he did remember "red". Hmm..

Anyways, it's nice that people are worried about Chise's well being but give the girl a break. They already want to break her away from the only stable and happy home she's had in a long time. It's great and all that they care or seem to but where the hell were they when she was going through all that trauma ALONE. Now that she's with Elias, everyone suddenly cares. Would they have done anything if Elias NEVER bought her? Would they have rescued her from whomever did? Have they even tried helping sleigh beggies before now?
They also think she should reach her full potential and Elias is holding her back but would that speed up her death day or prolong it? Sleigh Beggies apparently don't live long and that hasn't changed. Do they even WANT that to change? Would she be to powerful and upset some sort of balance? I know the fairies want her and maybe she'll live long because she won't age (basic rules) but again, why now, why her? Have they taken in sleigh Beggies before? If so, then why not mention it.
So many secrets, lies and half truths.

Till next episode.
Dec 15, 2017 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
Was that wolf cry at the beginning the same one they used in mabinogi.. xD ? sounds identical
Dec 16, 2017 6:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The flashback was very nice!!!
Dec 17, 2017 8:43 AM

Feb 2012
Elias about to get ntr'd by his daddy
Dec 18, 2017 2:24 AM

Jul 2009
I guess it will be good to Chise to be alone for a bit.
Also, it is nice to see Lindel and Elias past.
Dec 18, 2017 9:28 PM

Aug 2016
The story continue and there are still many questions to answer, the good thing is that are many episodes left; we have a lot of time to enjoy this art...

I loved the little flashback to the past of Elias.

5/5

Cute scene.
Dec 19, 2017 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
So there's a possibility Elias was human?
Dec 28, 2017 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
I was so intrigued by Elias' backstory that the credits started rolling before I knew it :P
Elias living with and learning from Lindel is going to be fun to watch whenever we get to it :)

We haven't heard much about it since Elias first told Chise, but how is he planning on keeping her alive? How much time has passed since she first met Elias?
AndoDec 28, 2017 5:24 PM
Jan 6, 2018 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
A good episode. We finally get to see a bit of Elias' past.

Jan 9, 2018 12:15 AM

Apr 2014
Falling harder for this series now, some deeper back story is due and it's finally happening.
Jan 16, 2018 7:38 AM
Apr 2017
Will it get better? I just get bored with last couple of episodes...
Mar 3, 2018 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode with interesting background for Elias (his story was like it was taken out of Utawarerumono, I wonder if it shares any other similiarities) but the atmosphere was as always bit ruined by those super-deformed scenes and comedy (although it wasn't much this time).

I wonder if he actually sends her to a college so she can learn magic and grow up independently, at least for a time. Chise is surely overdependent, well, both of them are. And I think there is more to the story of why he wanted his own apprentice.
Aug 9, 2018 9:28 PM

May 2012
Interesting backstory I must say, really interesting development! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Oct 18, 2018 10:31 AM

May 2013
When Ruth caught falling Chise from the tree <33333333

Not much happened this episode, but it's good progress on Elias' backstory C:
Oct 23, 2018 6:48 PM

Feb 2012
Bird talking with a speaker voice was funny
Some of these fairy spirit including Elias look like Kaonashi from Spirited Away.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 11, 2018 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
I want to protecc tiny Elias.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 5, 2019 3:44 AM

Mar 2015
Wow looking back into Elias' past now
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 8, 2019 6:10 AM

Sep 2018
Finally we know something more substantial about Elias's past and in the meantime the narration is spent to make even new characters enter the story, I can say that I am more than satisfied with this episode. As usual the quality of the drawings is excellent and the soundtrack is catchy. The characters also prove to be very funny and funny this time. The air you breathe is excellent in terms of magic and mystery.
Dec 9, 2019 11:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great to see Elias' backstory with Lindel, he is funny with the size of a kid xD
Mar 2, 2020 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
Finally we get some backstory on Elias. Not gonna lie, his chibi form was kinda cute. Didn't think that dragon dude would've been his master though.
Apr 23, 2020 4:04 AM

Jun 2013
It's so cute how Ruth is always reminding Chise that she won't be going anywhere alone. He's such a jealous dog. Also, I ship her with him in his human form. However, I'm okay with him being an overprotective older brother type as well.

Selkie is adorable and so are the other dragons.
臭い-
May 24, 2020 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
I'm loving these flashbacks, they are so well done. Though I guess Elias still remains a mystery...

Hmm I wonder how cool the wand will look :O

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 20, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2017
Felt like another pretty relaxing episode with some nice lighthearted moments in the first half (especially the moments where Chise met one of the dragons she played with in one of the earlier episodes and got to actually experience flight with said dragon), and a little more of a serious-ish tone in the second half focusing on Lindel talking to Chise about how he met Elias and even described about how he was named Elias in the first place. Really pleasant episode (until the intense, serious cliffhanger at least), and Lindel's dub voice is impressing me too like the others. This show really has a damn good Japanese and English dubbing for it.
Oct 24, 2021 3:20 PM

Jan 2021
In case anyone is interested, Selkies are a mythological creature from primarily Scottish folklore. That looks like a seal, but is capable of removing their skin and become a beautiful woman. It is said that if you found the skin, the Selkie would be bound to you, until such time that it got the skin back.

The Selkie in today's episode has the black eyes, flipper like hands and the love of bobbing in water of seals. But is more small and cute, rather than the elegant maiden of lore. Though interestingly, she possesses her coat meaning that the familiaral bond with Lindel must have been mutual and not by force.
Dec 8, 2021 9:56 AM
Nov 2020
What Lindel is wearing in the flashback is very reminiscent of the traditional sapmi clothing. They're an indigenous people that can be found in norway, finland, russia and iceland.
Oct 25, 2022 1:18 PM

May 2020
We saw plenty of Chise's past but none of Elias, of course until this episode. He and Lindel share a long history between them, also one thing to note he made Elias his "acquaintance" and not "apprentice".
Dec 26, 2022 9:42 PM

Nov 2022
It's kind of funny how the series seems like it keeps going on tangents, but they do somehow end up forwarding the story. Who/what Elias really is seems like something they would keep secret forever, but they are taking the time to give that information to the viewer.
Feb 11, 2023 7:38 PM

Jan 2021
I swear that scene with Ruth, Chise and Lindel's familiar at the beginning looked like they were going on a picnic lol. Going on a picnic by riding a dragon xD especially since Silky also prepared sandwiches for them. Look like a happy family.

Finally, there was a bit about Elias' past. The moment when the Master Lady gave him his name was beautiful.

Jul 2, 2023 10:35 PM

Jul 2008
Hello Master, I want more with her.
Aug 12, 2023 7:19 PM

Aug 2019
elias backstory this ep
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.