Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 5, 2017 10:30 PM

Feb 2015
Darek said:
_Ako_ said:

Well, there are tons of untranslated ones, that is for sure.

Dude, futa is bad for your health in general, think about it carefully if you want to live a happy life...xD

untranslated don't count since I can't read weeb

you are just being transphobic :< you CIS.. ehm... CIS... CIS CUCK

Calm down you bitch... I don't even read untranslated doujinshi/original hentai... The fuck you talking about?

>transphobic

What?

I don't hate you that much dude... In fact, I like you... Not like as in "like" in different "like"... I just like you...

Baka...
Feb 5, 2017 10:44 PM

Jan 2015
I'm actually a pretty big fan of the highschool setting, it seems that it's more interesting 'cause, see if you don't have it normally the story setting is somewhere different every single time. So it gets kinda like "wow again... a new place" but when it's highschool you get the "cool, they went somewhere else, normally there will be a great experience here" it's just my opinion on things. Also, I like teens cause they tend to be really.. dumb, and my comedy side loves that. But I understand your point too ;)
Feb 5, 2017 11:22 PM

Jan 2017
As someone who mostly watched Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Adventure/Shounen/Mecha and alike so far I can assure you there are plenty of non-school settings around in Anime. Yet, I don't think the problem of plot receycling, character-copying or same settings is just with School/Harem/Ecchi. It's a global thing.

And as for the overall existence of school settings, just who do you think most Anime is made for? IT'S FOR TEENS! There is no such a thing as the whole Japanese population watching Anime all their life, that's just weeb fantasy! Most Japanese people I met watched Anime as Westerners do Cartoons. They drop them when they have other things to care about. If you keep watching it beyond that point, great, but always be aware that you are in an explicit fandom, which is not the target audience for many shows. But regarding this, in my opinion Anime fares a million times better than the whole Western cartoon tradition. There's ten times more Anime for adults (and I'm not talking about Hentai) than there are decent or even as popular cartoons.
n8furyFeb 5, 2017 11:26 PM
Feb 6, 2017 12:16 AM

Nov 2009
GamerUnglued said:
My issue isn't so much the setting being in high school, but rather that most anime set in high school don't make the school feel distinct, different, or personal because they lack good worldbuilding. I'll remember the school in K-On because of all the detail put into it that made it feel special and distinct. I'm confident I can find my way from the front of the school to the club room, the auditorium, or the classroom because of all the great detail put in. I also felt a sort of culture in that school which made it feel alive and memorable. I can't say the same for the school in Kokoro Connect, because every location feels the same and there are few establishing shots or trips following the characters through the halls. That school had no distinct features, like the tortoise and the hare on the stairs or the different layouts for each location in K-On. The school never felt alive, even during festivals and such where it would be easier to imbue life into that dull setting. Both series mostly take place in a clubroom, but one has a memorable school setting while the other does not. It's this reason that people dislike the high school setting. Not the ubiquity, but the fact that few of the schools do anything to stand out or be memorable.

Law of Conservation of Detail. A school doesn't need to be memorable, alive or anything. It isn't a major character, and it doesn't need to be.
Having a detailed school would only distract from the main point of an anime like Kokoro Connect.

BlueBalls said:
It's not just highschool that is fucking omnipresent in this medium but it seems that 9/10 anime have to feature teenage characters as if mandated by an imperial fucking decree!

yes, a lot of anime feature teenage characters. There are two major reasons for that:

1) You're watching anime meant for teenagers.
If you watched more anime meant for kids, you would see more kids.
If you watched anime meant for adults (these are somewhat rare), you'll see more adults.
Anime is pretty strong in making shows for teenagers, and I think it's a good thing. Visual media from other countries can't provide that.

2) Teenage girls are the best. Lolis and adult women have only niche appeal.
Feb 6, 2017 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Darek said:
Not enough of incest tbh, barely any in fact, like almost none at all.
I fap to a very specific type of futa and claim most of futa is shit how did it stain my soul?!
Dude, futa is bad for your health in general, think about it carefully if you want to live a happy life...xD
@Deknijff
Dude... You just reminded me of a very unpleasant thing that I have not done yet... :(
Damn...
wait what are you referring to exactly?
also you can't speak badly of futa
unless the futa has balls. Futas should never have balls
DeknijffFeb 6, 2017 12:24 AM
Feb 6, 2017 1:02 AM

Jan 2016
I don't think that really matters too much. As for me, I personally like it.... it is a good escapist tool to kind of "relive" my teenage years since I don't really have the most fulfilling one. Though, as I said earlier... it doesn't really matter much. It's all about if it'll be good or not regardless of the overuse of that setting.
Feb 6, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
I don't have too much problems with the school setting always that it's executed well (i.e. if I like how the school setting is presented).
Feb 6, 2017 1:35 AM
Feb 2014
>and don't forget to like, share, and subscribe

You have to go back.
Feb 6, 2017 1:39 AM

Jun 2012
romagia said:
By far the biggest problem in anime is Blue Balls

I don't know whether or not this was your intention (space in between suggests maybe), but this is actually true in 2 ways. OP obviously, but also very few people actually get laid in anime. Even the most popular of young men fail to convert that popularity with women into sex, and no doubt have blue balls from the prolonged teasing. No need to show it on screen, just acknowledge sex happening so these poor young men don't walk around all series with blue balls. Would also be more realistic, far less popular guys in real life get laid far more than these bozos.
Feb 6, 2017 1:43 AM

Oct 2016
I think the biggest problem in anime are people who are hyper critical of anime and manga and they decide to be anime hipsters instead of just enjoying the shows. they then try to boost their mal page as much as then can while giving the shittiest scores and more critical reviews as they sit at home in their mom's basement fapping.

EXAMPLE:
Feb 6, 2017 2:07 AM

Feb 2013
hydro said:
romagia said:
By far the biggest problem in anime is Blue Balls

I don't know whether or not this was your intention (space in between suggests maybe), but this is actually true in 2 ways. OP obviously, but also very few people actually get laid in anime. Even the most popular of young men fail to convert that popularity with women into sex, and no doubt have blue balls from the prolonged teasing. No need to show it on screen, just acknowledge sex happening so these poor young men don't walk around all series with blue balls. Would also be more realistic, far less popular guys in real life get laid far more than these bozos.
yes :^) when reading the thread title and op's name i made this connection instantly

but at least hentai is a genre
Feb 6, 2017 2:15 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe because japanese won't have "a life" past high-school?

Oh, and the fact they use characters of the targeted audience's age.
Feb 6, 2017 6:18 AM

Apr 2010
Maybe the calling a genre named "school" is quiet idiotic, but it's pretty possible to understand what this anime hasn't.

Feb 6, 2017 6:37 AM

Jun 2008
Jesus Christ.

If you don't like watching school settings, there are plenty of NON-School setting anime for you.

Do you know WHY people like school settings?

Because High School is usually when people have a LOT of friends and get into all types of hijinks.

High School is usually when people go through puberty and experience all types of emotions...

High School is also when people are trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives..

But most important than all of this....

THE GODDAMN UNIFORMS!

For all these reasons and more.....High School is the perfect setting for a lot of anime.

And yeah....people like fapping to School Girls....big deal.
--ALEX--Feb 6, 2017 6:41 AM
Feb 6, 2017 6:40 AM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:
@Deknijff
Dude... You just reminded me of a very unpleasant thing that I have not done yet... :(
Damn...

Mhhh... I forgot to finish Hayate no Gotoku...xD

I stalled it for month now.... :(

Well moving on... Futa is, in itself a sin to the world. You just need Incest.
DeplorableNico said:
>and don't forget to like, share, and subscribe

You have to go back.

That is OP's mistake, he forgot to delete it when he was copying it on FB...
Feb 6, 2017 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
Bullshit. This is one of the best parts of Anime.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 6, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2015
JustALEX said:
Jesus Christ.

If you don't like watching school settings, there are plenty of NON-School setting anime for you.

Do you know WHY people like school settings?

Because High School is usually when people have a LOT of friends and get into all types of hijinks.

High School is usually when people go through puberty and experience all types of emotions...

High School is also when people are trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives..

But most important than all of this....

THE GODDAMN UNIFORMS!

For all these reasons and more.....High School is the perfect setting for a lot of anime.

And yeah....people like fapping to School Girls....big deal.

I like the school setting but all things in moderation.
Feb 6, 2017 8:23 AM

Mar 2016
I'm watching eight full-length shows this season:

-Little Witch Academia
-Interviews with Monster Girls
-KonoSuba
-Dragon Maid
-Kuzu no Honkai
-Rakugo Shinju
-3-Gatsu
-Gintama

Only three of those are set in high-school, and one of them (Kuzu no Honkai) is one of the best shows of the season so far. So I think both of your related complaints are a bit exaggerated.

EDIT: On a related note, if I chose to completely exclude shows set in high school, I would still have at least five interesting shows to watch this season. That seems alright to me.
Feb 6, 2017 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to like, share and subscribe!

Feb 6, 2017 8:29 AM
Apr 2015
If you're looking for a more serious story with good writing instead of watching cute anime girls and boys, then maybe anime isn't for you?
Feb 6, 2017 8:48 AM

Feb 2010
SeasonADay said:
I think the biggest problem in anime are people who are hyper critical of anime and manga and they decide to be anime hipsters instead of just enjoying the shows. they then try to boost their mal page as much as then can while giving the shittiest scores and more critical reviews as they sit at home in their mom's basement fapping.

EXAMPLE:

Sadly I have to assume you're serious, because most people are when they say bs like that. In case it was just some elaborate trolling, ignore the post. Otherwise:

I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 6, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2014
point is school is a big part of a person's life, and otakus and teens alike don't have much experience beyond it, so the setting is just popular as an alternative reality (escapism) to their lives + it gives for a simple setting to introduce a main cast and let them meet up with each other/give reason for interaction.

The issue isn't per se the school setting, but, as always, the execution. but really, it just depends on what you like and what appeals to you. I haven't watched that many anime set in schools myself, so can't say it's hard to avoid them.
Feb 6, 2017 9:38 AM

Oct 2016
Pullman said:
SeasonADay said:

EXAMPLE:

Sadly I have to assume you're serious, because most people are when they say bs like that. In case it was just some elaborate trolling, ignore the post. Otherwise:

Pullman said:
SeasonADay said:

EXAMPLE:

I had to stop reading re:Zero for this :'(

Another fun photo to brighten up the day:
Yuki_NonakaFeb 6, 2017 9:50 AM
Feb 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:

well incest is nice Ako but I can't live without tentacles
how far did you get with Hayate then?
Feb 6, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:

I finished S1, and left S2 around EP03 or something...

Tentacles is meh...

Feb 6, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2016
There is a diffrence between a good highschool setting and a bad one.

The good one is interesting, it doesn't look as generic on first side like LWAs school. You can still add some slice of life, but the school remains interesting because magic.

The bad one, your generic harem, Code Geass, the lack of originality, you name it.

I hate school settings as much as you do OP, but there are plenty of shows that don't have that kind of setting plus they are usually better and aimed on a mature audience.
Feb 6, 2017 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:

Tentacles is meh...

tentacles are for those with refined tastes Ako

so it is not meh
what how can you leave off while watching season 2!?
season 2 is almost completely focused on best girl after all
Feb 6, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:

Tentacles is meh...

so it is not meh

Well, stuff happens dude, I forgot stuff, there you go...xD

refined taste? Meh. Incest/Vanilla rule the world dude.

Feb 6, 2017 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:

so it is not meh

sorry Ako not Vanilla despite it being very nice at times
but incest is part of the refined circle that tentacles are also in
Feb 6, 2017 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:

Lol... I never really liked tentacles, never saw the glory of it nor anything that's great about it. Vanilla/Incest or Femdom is good. And the rise of tentacles/rape/ is the problem that hentai in general is facing right now...
Feb 6, 2017 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:
Lol... I never really liked tentacles, never saw the glory of it nor anything that's great about it. Vanilla/Incest or Femdom is good. And the rise of tentacles/rape/ is the problem that hentai in general is facing right now...
Ako I didn't get any new tentacle hentai over the span of 2016/01/08-2016/12/23 so stop with the bullshit
Feb 6, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:
Ako I didn't get any new tentacle hentai over the span of 2016/01/08-2016/12/23 so stop with the bullshit

Ohhh... That's a a great news! All that is missing would be the decrease of rape hentai, and the increase of incest/vanilla hentai and everyone is happy!

I am happy... You are happy!

The universe is happy!
Feb 6, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:
Ohhh... That's a a great news! All that is missing would be the decrease of rape hentai, and the increase of incest/vanilla hentai and everyone is happy!
The universe is happy!
its like talking to a wall
ok whatever Dekn just pretend to agree
hmmm yeah everyone is happy Ako
DeknijffFeb 6, 2017 12:14 PM
Feb 6, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:
The universe is happy!
its like talking to wall

Okay, why you gotta break my heart in the cruelest way possible, that's bad m8... :(

Feb 6, 2017 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:
its like talking to a wall
Okay, why you gotta break my heart in the cruelest way possible, that's bad m8... :(
hating on a whole genre wishing it was gone is much worse Ako so stop with the bullshit
Feb 6, 2017 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:
hating on a whole genre wishing it was gone is much worse Ako so stop with the bullshit

Because it's bad when Imouto is being raped... :(

That's bad and wrong... I didn't really mean it to be gone, I just want it to be decrease, not gone...

>That's a a great news! All that is missing would be the decrease of rape hentai, and the increase of incest/vanilla hentai and everyone

A decrease of something doesn't mean it to be gone or just vanish into thin air...

Feb 6, 2017 12:34 PM

Oct 2013
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:

That's bad and wrong... I didn't really mean it to be gone, I just want it to be decrease, not gone...

>That's a a great news! All that is missing would be the decrease of rape hentai, and the increase of incest/vanilla hentai and everyone

A decrease of something doesn't mean it to be gone or just vanish into thin air...

with how little there already is a decrease is not a logical stance on the subject
I would understand your stance if 90% of everything that came out in a year was tentacles but its not so just stop
Feb 6, 2017 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
_Ako_ said:

with how little there already is a decrease is not a logical stance on the subject
I would understand your stance if 90% of everything that came out in a year was tentacles but its not so just stop

From what I know, and saw most of hentai, are rape/tentacle.

Rough estimation: I'm guessing, and if I do the math right, around 70% that rape/tentacle are present during 2016, I excluded the fact that, some hentai are on-going throughout the year, like, I saw Onichichi, and Shoujo no Sadism, in which is a good doujinshi... But I dunno about the hentai, seems like it's not good...

So, reducing that to 50% or 45% is, the point I said "decrease", I don't hate the genre or I don't have any ill intention, I just want more stuff, like Fuuga's hentai to be adopted(I dunno if it has one)

But I guess 70% is a bit high around 60% might be the max, so either way, seems balance if you ask me, in which I guess I was wrong in the first place(probably, I used Jan to be the 'sample' which is like 70-ish)...xD

_Ako_Feb 6, 2017 1:21 PM
Feb 6, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2015
I don't mind highschool setting but it is getting boring after a while, that is why I always have some other titles that have nothing to do with highschool stuff.

I would recommend to experiment and look for something other than ecchi, slice of bread, romance kinda meme.
Feb 6, 2017 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
watch more mecha then.... especially Tominos gundam almost none of them are in high school settings

or historical fantasy
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 7, 2017 12:43 AM

May 2015
That's like complaining a lot of characters in the literary canon are adults.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 7, 2017 6:09 AM

Nov 2009
@_Ako_ when I was watching Demonbane (2006), the protagonist was already beating up some horror with the one-liner of "tentacles are out of fashion!". And indeed, hentai lately seems to have pretty low weight on "tentacles".
Also, Rance anime might not have tentacles, by Rance is definitely a rapist. That's pretty much his modus operandi.
Feb 7, 2017 6:15 AM

Feb 2015
flannan said:
@_Ako_ when I was watching Demonbane (2006), the protagonist was already beating up some horror with the one-liner of "tentacles are out of fashion!". And indeed, hentai lately seems to have pretty low weight on "tentacles".
Also, Rance anime might not have tentacles, by Rance is definitely a rapist. That's pretty much his modus operandi.

Yeah, I saw that I kinda exaggerated the point that there's a lot of tentacles/rape when in reality there isn't that much; however, from what I saw, some title need further examination, there was 1/2 hentai that has no tag in it, so I was pretty skeptical, but I didn't include that. Don't worry, I didn't include the Rance hentai when I calculated the ration between rape/tentacles to non rape/tentacles. I the cover picture of it, but, like I saw I was skeptical since the site I visited doesn't have the full genre specification.

Let's get to the bottom line, I don't have rape/tentacles, I just find it not my thing; however, I'd admit that I exaggerated my own belief that "everything in hentai is rape/tentacles".
Feb 7, 2017 7:32 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
BlueBalls said:
and that's fucked up!

blatant lies

high school setting best setting

BlueBalls said:
What do you guys think, are you sick and tired of seeing those boring corridors and identical classrooms time and time again?

I'm far more tired of stupid threads like this

Feb 7, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
The high school setting is fine, but the problem is the execution. Most HS anime got the same setting, (MC sitting by the window, annoying/pervert friend, popular students etc.) If they'd elaborate more on HS anime (GTO's case for example), it may turn out to be pretty great.
Feb 8, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2015
MiziTami said:
Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to like, share and subscribe!

pretty awkward thing to say in OP's part lol .................
Feb 8, 2017 6:36 AM

May 2015
Klad said:
The high school setting is fine, but the problem is the execution. Most HS anime got the same setting, (MC sitting by the window, annoying/pervert friend, popular students etc.) If they'd elaborate more on HS anime (GTO's case for example), it may turn out to be pretty great.

It's truly a wonder how a place where so many stories can be told, where everyone has their unique personal perspectives gives birth to carbon copy anime.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 8, 2017 8:40 AM

Dec 2016
The biggest problem is the unfinished and ruined adaptations..
Feb 11, 2017 3:11 AM

Dec 2015
The Community ........... Im Sorry but its the truth , we are a toxic community whoch mostly wants ecchi and moe

After that comes open endings and plot holes

Feb 11, 2017 3:27 AM
Dec 2013
Shoujo anime with a high school setting are pretty annoying, I guess.

But the biggest problem in anime are traps.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» your most favorited favorite character vs. your least favorited favorite character ( 1 2 3 )

bucciest - Oct 26, 2022

110 by Serafos »»
6 seconds ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 6 hours ago

14 by old_geezer »»
21 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

28 by CaptainKenshiro »»
35 minutes ago

» Do you like seeing girls getting beaten in battle shouen training arcs?

Catalano - Yesterday

11 by UberBat »»
35 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

34 by CaptainKenshiro »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.