Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 13, 2017 1:52 PM
Mar 2015
This one is quite mysterious. I don't know if this will be good or not. I think it's quite early to judge it yet.
Mar 13, 2017 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
Zefyris said:
Robiiii said:
@zefyris Anime saviour? Ooo tell me more :3
No spoilers tho lol

no ecchi, no harem, pretty much no action. Science fantasy, romance, drama. Most scene happens in an "orphanage".
It's a sad but beautiful tale, about the last survivor of humanity, who try to teach to a young other race the importance of their own lives, as well as to teach to others races around that this race has a right to live and be happy, and not just being considered weapon/furniture. Trying to be accepted by them, to give them the will to live, and to teach them how to survive as long as possible their ephemeral lifespan without throwing away their lives.
It's also a strange tale about the end of the "human" world, and the truth behind it.

Hmm look at that. Now that piqued my interest. Seems like we have a show that I will talk about it with you again.
Mar 14, 2017 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
New key visual for the series
Mar 14, 2017 5:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That visual looks amazing.

Needs to be the promo pic on MAL ASAP
SmudyMar 14, 2017 8:00 AM
Mar 14, 2017 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
The art looks good so far. Hope to see a PV soon - I'm surprised there isn't one available yet. The summary sounds like a "girls at the end of the world"-type series, so I'm pretty excited about this one.

The official site has an English summary up too: http://sukasuka-anime.com/news/index00050000.html It's readable at least, but while "Willem Kmetsch" looks like a reasonable spelling, I'm not entirely sure about "Chtholly Nota Seniorious."
Mar 14, 2017 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
The 4 main chibis are very faithful to the original in particular, is that from the original illustrator maybe?
Mar 16, 2017 2:56 AM
Oct 2016
Looks very nice.
Very much want to see if the latest current translated chapters (late Vol 3, early Vol 4) get adapted. That is one hell of a rollercoaster...
Mar 17, 2017 7:57 AM

Apr 2014
Where is the PV.. >:(
Mar 17, 2017 10:21 PM

Jun 2015
The comments here are interesting. Will check it out.
ok :p
Mar 19, 2017 3:48 AM

Dec 2015
Seriously, wheres the PV?
Mar 19, 2017 9:25 AM

Oct 2014
dem background feel so Satelight's CG background, though.

What's the chance of they taking their time and only adapt 2 vols?
This is a good (if not great, I think it's great) story which:
- might get misjudged early just because it happens "in an orphanage"
- has a "very susceptible to skipping" 1st vol despite the fact that 1st vol plays most important part in the characterization of almost everyone. (just as all LN lol)
- anime adaptation will most definitely involve lots of Japanese CGs lots of westerners hate (and the fact that it's Satelight only underlines that even more.)

So.. yeah... at least I want to hope I can get good pacing. :(
No PV yet, only 1 anime-design key visual released so far (and it is already this close to airing) and just 2 pages cover on magazine basically tells you of how this is just another Kadokawa's advertisement anime.
But good pacing can save a lot, so...

But the director's CV worries me also. :(
Revvie-chanMar 19, 2017 9:28 AM
Mar 19, 2017 9:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, i'm pretty worried, too now with the lack of exposure beforehand starting date.
Mar 19, 2017 9:54 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty sure we'll finally get the PV at AnimeJapan next weekend.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 20, 2017 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
I expected this show's setting to be from a high school. But I guess I was wrong. However, I wonder how will this show play out. The synopsis does sound good. But it the animation that worries me, it looks like it'll be 3D.

Mar 22, 2017 7:23 PM

May 2015
They finally revealed the first anime key poster after all this time... and it looks alright. I'm definitely not amazed by it. I would have been more interested in seeing the character design sheets though?

PV? What's the hold up?
Late PVs like this usually irk me... I find the whole revealing things at the very last minute to be extremely idiotic... Yea, lets wait until AnimeJapan 2017 to reveal the 1st PV of a series that will be airing in a couple of weeks afterwards... because you know! that makes "a lot" of sense.

I feel like the ones involved in this project don't care about promoting it at all... For matter fact, the promotion this series has been getting has been dreadful. That marketing team needs to be restructured pronto. At this point, I highly doubt this will be more than 12 episodes with the way its promotion has been treated.

The fact that the website hasn't been updated either with the new key poster baffles me as well. They usually change this stuff every time they release a (new) key poster. But I guess they don't...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 24, 2017 7:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014

Still keeping us in the dark with actual anime footage, very different how they do things build-up wise. Likely the ED theme here.
SmudyMar 24, 2017 7:11 AM
Mar 24, 2017 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
Smudy said:

Still keeping us in the dark with actual anime footage, very different how they do things build-up wise. Likely the ED theme here.

Well damn if this is the ED song, i already love it. I hope this is adapted well; i remember enjoying the beginning chapters.
Mar 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
Lovely ED song. But that's it. IT'S NOT EVEN THE ED SONG!

They don't even have the pv animated in time! This anime is so RIP.

Fck you Kadokawa. Fck you Junichi Wada. Fck you media entertainment industry.
Revvie-chanMar 24, 2017 10:00 AM
Mar 24, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Smudy said:

Wait.... da fuck. It took me a second to realize she was singing in English, but that's a Simon and Garfunkel song! She's singing a cover of Scarborough Fair! Shit son, that's a decent cover, nicely done, but they only got 2/3 through the song >.>
Mar 24, 2017 12:54 PM

May 2013
2 weeks before airing and still no PV.
Mar 24, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
like said earlier, it will probably come out the 27th at AnimeJapan.
Mar 24, 2017 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
I was inspired to check out the source material (at least the part that was translated any way) and I must say I like it quite a lot. I'm just going to hope that this adaptation doesn't fuck it up too hard, but I'm not being given much reason to be optimistic. Guess it's worth a shot any way.
Mar 24, 2017 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
Zefyris said:
like said earlier, it will probably come out the 27th at AnimeJapan.

teach me how to be as optimistic as you :(

that vid was uploaded on Kadokawaanime's official youtube channel, as overseas PV (as the title of the vid suggests.)
I can only hope it was only Kadokawa choking up and the pv on AnimeJapan, the one meant for Japanese... well, will be a proper anime pv.
Mar 25, 2017 3:56 AM

Dec 2015
Wow dat live action song was very very nice
Mar 25, 2017 5:01 AM

Mar 2016
Lohuydahutt said:
I was inspired to check out the source material (at least the part that was translated any way) and I must say I like it quite a lot. I'm just going to hope that this adaptation doesn't fuck it up too hard, but I'm not being given much reason to be optimistic. Guess it's worth a shot any way.

I hope it doesn't turn bad. Especially when it comes to Willem's character. The subtlety and hints to his past. I hope they nail that.
Mar 25, 2017 5:52 AM
Oct 2016
I'm glad this is getting an adaption by I hope they take their time with only apparently only 12 episodes. Much rather they don't rush all 5 volumes and nail only 2/3/4 so they don't miss the subtlety that makes this series so outstanding.
Volume 3 😢
Mar 25, 2017 10:59 PM
Dec 2011
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5040692016?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=0&pn=0&
From the interview they will adapt up to volume 3.
Also the PV is already done, they just not release it(yet) for some reason.
Mar 25, 2017 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
D-Joe said:

So essentially an imcomplete adaptation since they will adapt until Volume 3 of the LN? Hmm... well, it's better than having to adapt 5 Volumes, and as far as I am concerned from my friend it is a lot.

They will release it around a few hours, I'm sure of it.
Mar 25, 2017 11:27 PM

Mar 2009
D-Joe said:

原作2巻、3巻の頃からアニメ化企画は動いていた模様
Assuming you're talking about this part, it only says that they started planning the anime around the time of Volume 2-3 (which is surprising, actually)
Mar 25, 2017 11:44 PM
Dec 2011
Winter_Firefly said:
D-Joe said:

原作2巻、3巻の頃からアニメ化企画は動いていた模様
Assuming you're talking about this part, it only says that they started planning the anime around the time of Volume 2-3 (which is surprising, actually)

Thanks.
Though to be fair i'm not worried about story adaption since it will done by LN author, just hope storyboard and animation will at least decent.
Mar 26, 2017 5:06 AM

Apr 2013
A few things from the interview that may interest peoples /

They indeed started to consider/having plan for an anime from volume 2-3 , that's surprising.

They're saying the adaptation so far is progressing fine (they apparently already delivered the first episode completely), but also said that the opening isn't finished yet (are those guys really okay?).

The director was reading the novels since around the release of volume 2, so before it was question of an anime at all. Due to this, he has been quite enthusiastically pushing the whole anime project forward. Which means that at the direction of this anime, you have a fan and the author himself. That point itself is a bit reassuring, we need to see how they'll far tho. Considering the cast, I'd say that this adaptation doesn't have a lot of money.

Apparently, the pv is featuring a very sad scene from the novel.
ZefyrisMar 26, 2017 5:11 AM
Mar 26, 2017 5:15 AM

May 2013
I'll be reassuring after seeing the pv. are they already show that on anime japan event?

late to realize minato and wileam pretty much same look. at least their dead eyes is same.
Mar 26, 2017 9:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
From these new infos, the situation doesn't seem bad. Maybe this is a decent adaptation.
Mar 26, 2017 2:03 PM

Mar 2016
It isn't necessarily a bad thing to not get a full adaptation. However, after reading Volume 1, i have a feeling this is one of those stories you get to appreciate much more once you end them. The story also does hold some non-linearity. It doesn't go A to B to C and so on, but I'm hoping for the best .

I'm glad the staff is passionate and excited about the project and planning it since vol2. Also the writer is in charge of the script, so that puts some positivity.
Mar 27, 2017 2:50 AM

May 2013
PVout.
looks good.
Mar 27, 2017 3:12 AM
Mar 27, 2017 3:58 AM

Mar 2014
Looks slightly better than expected and they nailed the mood pretty well.
Shame it might not be a full adaptation, maybe one day.
Mar 27, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
will there be deaths and sufferings?
Mar 28, 2017 5:34 AM
May 2016
This series looks really sweet. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Mar 28, 2017 3:51 PM
Jun 2016
Remember, no high expectations.
Art style from the PV tells me someone gonna die
Mar 29, 2017 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
NoobyBoy123 said:
Remember, no high expectations.
Art style from the PV tells me someone gonna die

I originally tempered my expectations by saying the staff wasn't that good, the delay in the PV must mean production issues, Satelight ain't that great, etc.

Problem is, both that cover of Scarborough Fair came out which was really lovely, and then the actual PV showed me up by being longform at 3 full minutes of beautiful key frames, touching images, and an absolutely enchanting song overlaid, and fuck it, I'm sold. My expectations are up there now. Please don't let me down SukaSuka... this really does sound/look like an enthralling adaptation.
RealityRushMar 29, 2017 12:23 PM
Mar 29, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that song in the PV...

Looks very good, seems like Crunchyroll is hyping it up, this seems to be a big LN adpatation. I've heard good things from fans and that the MC is a good one.

Seems like to going to be pretty sad and I hope the romance is decent.
Apr 5, 2017 11:06 AM

Mar 2016
After binge reading the first 3 volumes, i think end of volume 3/beginning of volume 4 is a decent spot to stop at though you will be left wanting more. I'm really glad i read it. This is a gem. It succeeds at immersing you in its world and making you wanting to learn more about its world, lore, characters, and past. I just hope the anime translates that well. My favorite girl is definitely Kutori, but i like the little kids too especially Tiat and panival (since she looks like a mini touka from tokyo ghoul lol). Btw get ready for some hard to pronounce names lol ...
Shishou_23Apr 5, 2017 11:48 AM
Apr 7, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2013
That song in the PV was beautiful.
Apr 8, 2017 6:59 PM

Oct 2010
Want this so bad right now.

After watching the PV, my brain started playing A Good Lighter / Wander My Friends from Battlestar Galactica (never seen it, but it's an amazing soundtrack). Not really similar music, but the feeling is.

A Good Lighter (instrumental) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyC6T6pEBg

Wander My Friends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViqqX_KFgk0&t=10s
Apr 10, 2017 4:50 AM

Apr 2013
The presentation that happened the 26th actually introduced another seiyuu (and no one noticed).

She's a first year grade schooler introduced under the name of okada hikari (岡田日花里). She appears at 16:20.
She will voice Elc, so it means that this anime will probably cover 5 volumes. I say "probably" because the first time Elc spoke is IIRC in volume 3.
ZefyrisApr 11, 2017 3:13 AM
Apr 10, 2017 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
Zefyris said:

She will voice Elc, so it means that this anime will probably cover 5 volumes. I say "probably" because the first time Elc spoke is IIRC in volume 3.

I sure hope not all 5 volumes unless we get a 2nd cour announcement.
Apr 10, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
I have low expectations. I saw a preview where there seemed to be a lot of slice of life moments with the main and the girls. And that other fantasy this season (Zero kara ... with the beast guy) seems a lot more promising setting-wise.

Pros:
+ Main looking not like a weakling and nice char design.
+ Novel seems finished ... at least the 1st novel series. Maybe this will get a decent ending if they fully adapt that.

Cons:
- Lots of females but only 1 male listed as main. (Might feel like harem.)
- I remember a preview someone in another forum posted ... where there have been a lot of SoL scenes (even one girl looking like with maid clothes serving some tee/coffee to the main).

I hope for action, politics, battles ... and max 30 percent of screen time for quiet/SoL talking and stuff between the main and those girls. (If it gets more ... I'll drop it instantly. Fantasy anime need to deliver some good fantasy action with swords, magic or battles between armies/troops - focusing their screen time on it. Or adventuring like the Zero kara with the beast guy.)

Edit: From what I have read on page 1 of this thread it seems I shouldn't even watch the 1st episode. ... probably exactly going to be that things I do NOT like. And some anime that wants to look "deep". (Waiting for the fans later ... that accuse people who don't like it of "not understanding" some stuff. :D )

Such psychological/philosophical ... I'd prefer in some fantasy or modern world-setting.
LuthandoriusApr 10, 2017 12:57 PM
Apr 10, 2017 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
Luthandorius said:
I have low expectations. I saw a preview where there seemed to be a lot of slice of life moments with the main and the girls. And that other fantasy this season (Zero kara ... with the beast guy) seems a lot more promising setting-wise.

Pros:
+ Novel seems finished ... at least the 1st novel series. Maybe this will get a decent ending if they fully adapt that.

Cons:
- I remember a preview someone in another forum posted ... where there have been a lot of SoL scenes (even one girl looking like with maid clothes serving some tee/coffee to the main).

I hope for action, politics, battles ... and max 30 percent of screen time for quiet/SoL talking and stuff between the main and those girls. (If it gets more ... I'll drop it instantly. Fantasy anime need to deliver some good fantasy action with swords, magic or battles between armies/troops - focusing their screen time on it. Or adventuring like the Zero kara with the beast guy.)

Edit: From what I have read on page 1 of this thread it seems I shouldn't even watch the 1st episode. ... probably exactly going to be that things I do NOT like. And some anime that wants to look "deep". (Waiting for the fans later ... that accuse people who don't like it of "not understanding" some stuff. :D )

Such psychological/philosophical ... I'd prefer in some fantasy or modern world-setting.

Well, I think the light novel is great, but from what I gather about your tastes from this post yeah you can skip it. There's barely any action at all unless the last 2 volumes I haven't read yet change that fact =P
Apr 10, 2017 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
Luthandorius said:

Pros:

Cons:

Lol you're so wrong. This is not a harem first, and we've said that hundreds of times.
It doesn't try to be deep. It's just as someone described it, a sad but beautiful story. There is a limited amount of action i could say (according to what i read in the first 3 volumes and some of vol 4). You are blaming the story for taking itself seriously ? Little Girls are putting their lives on the line. It's hard to please everyone these days. If the story doesn't take itself seriously, it's garbage harem. If it tackles topics seriously, it's try hard deep anime. The one in the maid is the woman taking care of these girls . She's just a friend of the mc or big sister figure to the girls. Btw she's a troll (an actual one), so the mc isn't that fond of her. The main is more of father figure for the girls except for one (i think yous should guess who, it's clear). Also fantasy =/= action and sword battles and No Sol. What defines fantasy is the lore, world building, and its foundations.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.