Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 4, 2016 8:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ttcchen said:

actually it's only 12 episodes.

The user meant that it's 24 episodes total since it's a split cour. First cour is indeed only 12 episodes though :)
May 4, 2016 8:17 PM
Dec 2015
velvetprayer said:
This episode was nicely adapted. It's a shame about the comedy. They were more natural in the manga, and not as exaggerated as in the anime.

I was surprised by the preview for episode 6.

I'm agree with you, Manga handle the comedy way better than anime

Alright episode, Hiroshi Kamiya really fit with Ranpo character.
Next episode will be The Most Serious One.
Can't wait for next episode, MY BEST GIRL in this series will coming!!!
NotThisShitAgainMay 4, 2016 10:16 PM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

May 4, 2016 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
I will say the episode was pretty good. Love the comedy in here more than last week's episode. And again, I think this episode might be one of my favorites, Ranpo is just amazing.
May 4, 2016 8:57 PM

Feb 2015
OH Dazai, you're too cute.

Ranpo is pretty awesome.
May 4, 2016 9:37 PM

Jun 2013
Sugimoto done fucked up.

Is Ranpo Edogawa supposed to be a parody of Conan Edogawa? Either way, he's my fave now.
臭い-
May 4, 2016 9:59 PM

Dec 2014
Rampo is sure is a great guy he may be more good than kindaichi and konan but maybe that's he is a loss in everything else
May 4, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2009
I love when Dazai does that Tamaki Suoh thing LOL. Probably since they're both voiced by Miyano Mamoru xD

♥♥ Hiroshi Kamiya really fits Ranpo's chara ILURVES IT :V

....it's been bugging me for some time but the ending really has that YAOI VIBES XD XD XD HELP!

May 4, 2016 10:44 PM

Sep 2009
ttcchen said:
there's a light novel of this? i thought there's only a manga.

There are 3 novels so far -> List of BSD novels

NotThisShitAgain said:

Yeah that would be nice if they included some parts of the LN in the anime! I'm still waiting for the LN to be translated and I really want to know Dazai's past :>
May 4, 2016 11:27 PM

Nov 2015
I knew the man they found would be Dazai. He's damn funny with his suicidal thoughts. Really missed Kunikida's jokes this week.
Ranpo's ability not being a ability after all was really cool. I was hoping evrybody would just backbitch him after he left the agency building but now I know why he's respected so much.
May 5, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2008
ttcchen said:

Darklord_bg said:
Worst episode so far for me.
First, when I heard that guy's ability was to solve any case in an instant, I thought - where's the fun in that?
Then when I learned he is not using an ability, it became even more ridiculous, since there's no way he could have deduced all of that in a minute.
Also, they did the "genius detective who is clueless about everyday life" archetype much better with L already.

The case isn't that hard if you paid attention to the dialogues, much easier than some Detective Conan's. Like Dazai said, what that killer said about the 2 extra bullets stood out to me too. How does he know that the killer only intended to shoot once? Unless he's the killer...?
So it's definitely possible to deduce the killer, as for the other details, well, since rampo is a genius detective, those should be expected of him.

Actually in Detective Conan the cases are thought out much better. They give you time to get familiar with the case, investigate the surroundings and gather clues. Here everything happens too fast. Also, since there were only 2 suspects of course it would be easy to guess which one it is. However, if this were a real case there's no way one would be able to solve it without more thorough investigation.
May 5, 2016 12:27 AM

Jan 2015
Nah Ranpo you are mistaken man, Dazai's ability is the most hax.
Nope this comedy wasn't necessary, fucking around in front of a dead person, well whatever.
Oh fukk Sugimoto-kun, u done fucked up.
So Ranpo is a genius, well Edogawa Ranpo, Edogawa Conan. Yeah gifted in his head.
Dazai isn't half bad too, he figured out half of the case.
Next episode will be action packed!
3/5
May 5, 2016 12:49 AM

Nov 2014
Darklord_bg said:
ttcchen said:

The case isn't that hard if you paid attention to the dialogues, much easier than some Detective Conan's. Like Dazai said, what that killer said about the 2 extra bullets stood out to me too. How does he know that the killer only intended to shoot once? Unless he's the killer...?
So it's definitely possible to deduce the killer, as for the other details, well, since rampo is a genius detective, those should be expected of him.

Actually in Detective Conan the cases are thought out much better. They give you time to get familiar with the case, investigate the surroundings and gather clues. Here everything happens too fast. Also, since there were only 2 suspects of course it would be easy to guess which one it is. However, if this were a real case there's no way one would be able to solve it without more thorough investigation.

Indeed. Though this case was short, I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Where do you see the 2 suspects though? No one doubted the police officer before Rampo called out.
Well, I doubt a real case would be this easy. (though truth be told, there are many stupid killers in this world who makes stupid mistakes)
May 5, 2016 1:02 AM
Nov 2015
I'm glad we got to see Dazai again. Ranpo seemed to be somewhat of a drunk in previous episodes, but he quickly went from 0 to 10.
The Port Mafia's way to torture and kill makes them look badass again, considering the Black Lizard incident in the previous episode.
May 5, 2016 1:27 AM

Dec 2012
LOL Dazai getting caught in that net. Really liking Ranpo. His "Ultra Detection" is not an actual ability, but was still able to figure out the killer in less than 1 minute. That sure is handy.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 5, 2016 1:31 AM

Dec 2015
JUst one thing Rampo is really cool........................
May 5, 2016 2:51 AM

Dec 2012
Poor kid Atsushi getting thrown into an incoming line of gunfire by Dazai <3
allo
May 5, 2016 3:21 AM

Nov 2012
probably the best episode so far, rampo's a pretty cool and smart guy.
May 5, 2016 3:28 AM

Jan 2014
ttcchen said:
velvetprayer said:

There are 3 novels so far -> List of BSD novels

where can u read it online!??

May 5, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2015
Ranpo has amazing deducting skills even tho he has no abilities.
May 5, 2016 4:42 AM
Jan 2016
As soon as they said they were fishing a man out of the river I knew it would be Dazai :)
May 5, 2016 4:48 AM
Jan 2016
Bibimbapski said:
Sugimoto done fucked up.

Is Ranpo Edogawa supposed to be a parody of Conan Edogawa? Either way, he's my fave now.

Edogawa Ranpo is the author of one of the books Conan get's his line-of-sight name from. I think I heard somewhere that all the characters are named after japanese authors.
May 5, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
Quiet in the narrative, almost boring if it were not for the comic ideas scattered throughout the episode, no thrills but well portrays the figure of Rampo-san, then performs its task. Drawings and animations, excellent quality, ditto for the sets. Really sad the ending of the story.
They had to draw a pair of glasses to the character of Rampo-san, very coolest. :P

The_Deceiver said:
Comedy part ruined everything..

I say no, on the contrary, it is thanks to them that the episode was not boring.
May 5, 2016 6:25 AM

Apr 2016
I've been waiting for this character to have his own case for SOO LONG. I haven't read the manga, he just seemed really cool but he hadn't got any lines until now and this episode made my day. I wanted to see his personality and I'm glad he's like this, it is enjoyable. The atmosphere is nice and I like it a lot, just hope there will be more of Ranpo and the mysteries.
May 5, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode, though I can't say the comedy didn't bug me at all this time around -w-
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 5, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2011
Tokoya said:
CrotakuShinobi said:
So we got a japanese Sherlock Holmes
Ranpo Edogawa is a very famous Japanese novelists famous for writing great detective and mystery novels

He was influenced by the creator of Sherlock Holmes so naturally you're correct with your deduction here

Actually, Akechi Kogoro is *literally* the japanese Sherlock. Same kind of behaviour, big smoker and most importantly he even have an equivalent to the Holmes' "baker street irregulars" in the original novel, I don't remember if Kogoro also have an "addiction" like Holmes' various ones, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. To be honest even the way it is written is kind of similar IMO.

I bet that Ranpo has an ability but they don't know it or he can hide it from them because it's impossible for someone to find so fast who was the murderer. So there is probably a few secrets behind his ability.

Remember that Dazai was touching him at the time, during his deduction.

themegamancave said:
Well we're 5 episodes in now, and I still can't for the life of me figure out what this anime is trying to be. It's part murder mystery, part edgy, part "nobody loves me"... well you get the idea. The comedy is a redeemable, but I just don't understand how a cohesive plot is going to be assembled in 7 episodes. I think I'll give it one more episode to do something before I drop it.

Then again there's a reason this is a 2-cour fate style. The end of the Aku arc which will probably be the end of S1 (or maybe a bit earlier and they''ll introduce the next arc with the last eps) is more like the middle than the end.

And the mystery part was a bit weak (like in all other animes seriously, taking Conan as an example.... yeah. When you're used to more complex mysteries it's not horrible but still not an example to follow) but then again the show ISN'T supposed to be a mystery. I cringed a bit at Rampo's deduction, both in the manga and here, which overlook a LOT of other possibilities, even moreso if we take the context into account, but still. Since it's not supposed to be a mystery in the first place it' not a big deal.
I always feel like I'm looking at Izaya when I see Rampo, it's a bit weird.
willardhwrightMay 5, 2016 8:12 AM
May 5, 2016 8:26 AM

Jul 2015
The introduction of Rampo is great. As a fan of mysteries, this is the first episode, that appealed to me. The comedy is still off, but overall it's an improvement to the last episodes.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 5, 2016 8:26 AM
Dec 2015
Zemroid said:
I don't get how so many people don't like the comedy in this show. I laughed my ass off when they pulled Dazai from the river. I think the show is a perfect mix of seriousness and light hearted comedy.

I agree completely. I also thought this episode was one of the best so far.
May 5, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
My gut feeling's telling me Ranpo's going to turn out to be the villain

I'm probably wrong though
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 5, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
At least Ranpo ended up being somewhat likable, I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, he is a jerk, but he is a funny, possibly delusional jerk.
but Dazai is still my #1. Boy needs constant suicide watch, but he's admittedly adorable with his constant attempts to kill himself.
May 5, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
This is a meh episode or a bit boring just like in the manga.
May 5, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
i love Ranpo-san in every way :3

May 5, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
wow so he's not gifted but that doesn't make him any less amazing
May 5, 2016 2:20 PM
Mar 2016
So, Is Dazai really joking when he said that Ranpo dosen't have any special abilities?
May 5, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2008
I am so disappointed in this show after first three eps.
May 5, 2016 7:13 PM
Feb 2014
Hmm... same opinion as last week, I guess.

I still enjoy the comedy and don't think it makes the show any worse. I like the pacing and the way the story was directed (honestly, the director's done a fantastic job in the last 2 episodes. Was pretty glued to the screen for themost part of the episode).

Anyone else thought that, had this been real, Dazai would look highly suspicious? (Claims to want to commit double suicide with a beautiful woman, and appears to have floated up the same river as a woman who was just shot to death?)
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
May 5, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2015
Ranpo was totally cool. But Dazai getting caught in the net was cooler XD
May 5, 2016 11:43 PM

Apr 2009
Police woman didn't have plot armor, otherwise she would've survived that one bullet. Anyway, the shift is tone is very weird to me. The week before last was serious, it showed people getting shot and Akutagawa blowing up police officers. Then last week's episode had a comical feel to it. We were introduced to some evil look dudes who were going to shoot up the agency, instead they get get tossed out the window as if they were Team Rocket. Finally this week's episode, we get a semi serious crime drama.

I don't really know what to expect from this anime and it's already 5 episodes in.
May 6, 2016 12:52 AM

Feb 2011
I'm pretty patient, so I'll see where the story is heading. As for Ranpo, who said he can't have an ability? Maybe he was wearing a wig when Dazai touched his hair... Seriously though, it could be that he has the ability but doesn't need it because he's smart enough to solve cases on his own. This would, of courses, render the ability useless. Imagine having the ability to read minds, but you can already figure out what someone is thinking without mind reading. Same concept, but we all know those with abilities can't have an equal who doesn't have an ability unless we're talking about something like Aldnoah.Zero. (can't remember any good examples atm) Anyhow, anyone as smart as Ranpo could potentially be an equal.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
May 6, 2016 3:28 AM
May 6, 2016 3:30 AM

Dec 2015
nakedfoxspirit said:
Xenocrisi said:
This is turning out to be the disappointment of the season, for me.
This anime doesn't know what it wants to be.

It's only 5 episodes out of 24 + OVA. I'd say relax and keep watching in which case you might miss something you prefer to see if you drop it.

May i ask you something? what anime is your signature from? or is it original art?
May 6, 2016 4:19 AM

Aug 2012
Eufie said:
nakedfoxspirit said:

It's only 5 episodes out of 24 + OVA. I'd say relax and keep watching in which case you might miss something you prefer to see if you drop it.

May i ask you something? what anime is your signature from? or is it original art?

5 Minutes of looking it up:
Touhou Imperishable Night
.................................................................................
May 6, 2016 4:22 AM

Dec 2015
Romedbaumann said:
Eufie said:

5 Minutes of looking it up:
Touhou Imperishable Night

I see.. thank you XD
May 6, 2016 4:26 AM

Sep 2013
Kinda absurd deduction, I guess, but really nice nonetheless. The comedy part was really well done, I don't see why people are complaining.
May 6, 2016 5:28 AM

Oct 2013
Until now i pretty much enjoyed all episodes. Comedy and some serious note. Most wonderful is the op and ed
May 6, 2016 6:13 AM

Aug 2012
"Boku ga yokereba subete yoshi."

Edogawa Rampo's "non-gifted ability" was too amazing, hardly believable. Not even if Shinichi Kudo + Alice + L working together could stand out against his perfect deduction. He even guessed the victim's last word perfectly. Imposiburu..!!! ( ̄ヘ ̄)
May 6, 2016 6:22 AM

Dec 2012
Okay this episode caught my attention. Inserting mystery always seem to do that. xD
May 6, 2016 8:21 AM

Nov 2014
So this nongifted guy is pretty gifted
Hi there
May 6, 2016 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
Rampo is awesomeee, and based Hiroshi Kamiya
May 6, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2016
Why are people hating? This anime is good so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

369 by Lord-Commissar »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2016

244 by gladiusm »»
May 13, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

204 by moraxiom »»
May 10, 1:41 PM

» Writing is more miss than hit; will it get better?

BiobulletM - May 3

30 by BiobulletM »»
May 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.