The younger the better

Yep.

You know what they say...

Jan 11, 2016 1:54 PM
Sep 2014
Wow. That hype with this
Jan 11, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2015
H O L Y S H I T A N E W L O V E L I V E A N I M E !

I'd listened to some songs of Aqours before, and were pretty good.
Jan 11, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
I want my Nico Nii and the original cast! :( Anyway, I guess I'll give it a shot only for the yuri bait.
Jan 11, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
asukaori said:
I want my Nico Nii and the original cast! :( Anyway, I guess I'll give it a shot only for the yuri bait.

Your Nico.

Ha!

Anyway, yay!
Jan 11, 2016 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
hoopla123 said:
What is this?

I want ma μ's, not this crap.

Don't tell me they are disbanding μ's so they can bring in Sunshine to the spotlight?

SMH. Give me a Love Live afterstory series pls.

They are, Lantis needs to start thinking of the feelings of the fans and the idols affected.

Jan 11, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
Ohh, yeah. I love Love Live. So I'm excited the news.
It looks like Aqours will be identically similar to μ's.
Jan 11, 2016 3:01 PM
Feb 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
MMMacross said:

Still waiting!! Maybe next year, provided that no more "Love Live!" or a new "Gundam".

Fortunately Studio 8 doesn't work on Gundams.

But the issue also involves the Sunrise.
Jan 11, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
I hope this series will be good!
Jan 11, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2014
tetrix1993 said:
Seeing more idol anime being made only cause me to hate this type of anime even more. Why bother watching idols in anime when there are real idols out there?

cause ur taste is so fuc*ing shit mate... lol
Saber
Jan 11, 2016 3:22 PM

Nov 2007
For all those saying the anime announcement is too soon... you have to consider that Love Live! is now an established franchise compared to the case with Muse where the first single sold only 434 copies and the Best Live collection album only sold 9090 in the first week (it is at 137360 total now after 152 weeks).

I am sure fans will get over it when Muse has their final live in April 2016, as the SunShine anime won't air until 3 months later. As I posted earlier, over 165K people tuned in to watch the Nico Nico Live livestream and the ratings were 85.3 / 9.2 / 2.8 / 0.7 / 2.0. A small minority of people who watched it, didn't like what they saw, but it is a very big improvement from what the ratings were when Muse was announced to be having their final single and final live a few months back. So I guess many are starting to get over it and wishing Muse every success in the future for their solo careers rather than carrying on.

Yvese said:
Of course when you have a franchise that sells insanely well, especially Love Live, selling even 20% of what the original sold ( in terms of BD sales alone ) would be a huge success. Makes complete sense why they're doing this.

C'mon. The 1st single sold over 65K copies and it didn't even have an anime yet to boost its sales. 20% of the original would be lower than what Idolmaster sells, so you already know that will never happen, lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jan 11, 2016 3:28 PM
Dec 2014
yeah After reading this I don't think Accel world infinite Burst will be a tv anime
Happy for the Love live people ( but I would be lying if I said I wasn't salty and a little angry )
Jan 11, 2016 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
I've been waiting for more news on this since forever!!! I seriously cannot wait for summer to come now.
Jan 11, 2016 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
Ejc said:
For all those saying the anime announcement is too soon... you have to consider that Love Live! is now an established franchise compared to the case with Muse where the first single sold only 434 copies and the Best Live collection album only sold 9090 in the first week (it is at 137360 total now after 152 weeks).

I am sure fans will get over it when Muse has their final live in April 2016, as the SunShine anime won't air until 3 months later. As I posted earlier, over 165K people tuned in to watch the Nico Nico Live livestream and the ratings were 85.3 / 9.2 / 2.8 / 0.7 / 2.0. A small minority of people who watched it, didn't like what they saw, but it is a very big improvement from what the ratings were when Muse was announced to be having their final single and final live a few months back. So I guess many are starting to get over it and wishing Muse every success in the future for their solo careers rather than carrying on.

Yvese said:
Of course when you have a franchise that sells insanely well, especially Love Live, selling even 20% of what the original sold ( in terms of BD sales alone ) would be a huge success. Makes complete sense why they're doing this.

C'mon. The 1st single sold over 65K copies and it didn't even have an anime yet to boost its sales. 20% of the original would be lower than what Idolmaster sells, so you already know that will never happen, lol.

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls sold well and look how that anime ended up, a complete disasterpiece. That just doesn't relieve the unease and it's worse in one case because while the main cast was bad for anime, most of them are ok as characters, Aquors is a general mixed bag as a group, I cannot trust that anything but the art and music will be good and I wouldn't have mind a different plot as well.

Jan 11, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2013
well it's bound to come sooner or later so this is to be expected, kinda looking forward to it but will lower my expectation for now
Jan 11, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
I don't like any of them, maybe the one all the way to the left?

Cameos from original cast are pretty much impossible right?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jan 11, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
Hoppy said:
Ejc said:

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls sold well and look how that anime ended up, a complete disasterpiece. That just doesn't relieve the unease and it's worse in one case because while the main cast was bad for anime, most of them are ok as characters, Aquors is a general mixed bag as a group, I cannot trust that anything but the art and music will be good and I wouldn't have mind a different plot as well.

Cinderella Girls
of course sold well interms "anime" + bundling game..

beside the awful story , honestly I couldn't continue watching
the art so look creepy and incosistent ( A-1 sh*t quality )
even so much better read a doujin instead.
abgJan 11, 2016 3:54 PM
Jan 11, 2016 3:54 PM

May 2014
I welcome any idol anime :D Really excited for this!
Hmm, i highly doubt my favorite character will be blue-haired this time around
Jan 11, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2014
MMMacross said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

but studio 8 is different

its part of sunrise but they do their own thing

sunrise is way to big to look at it as a normal studio like kyoani
Jan 11, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2013
tetrix1993 said:
Seeing more idol anime being made only cause me to hate this type of anime even more. Why bother watching idols in anime when there are real idols out there?
because anime girls > 3dpd girls in everything including aidorus
Jan 11, 2016 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
Wow didn't expect the anime that soon, I hope it turns out fine, cant wait to see ruby she so cute <3

Jan 11, 2016 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
hoopla123 said:
What is this?

I want ma μ's, not this crap.

Don't tell me they are disbanding μ's so they can bring in Sunshine to the spotlight?

SMH. Give me a Love Live afterstory series pls.

They are, Lantis needs to start thinking of the feelings of the fans and the idols affected.

They are disbanding Muse as a whole because the contracts are expiring requiring new contacts and new deals. Some of the units within Muse are likely to continue on for a while so it's not like Muse is disappearing completely. I would expect to see some of the Muse characters to appear in the Sunshine anime.
Jan 11, 2016 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
that's fast, im looking forward to it
Jan 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
Wow that was fast. I just hope it wont be like another cinderella girls :/

Jan 11, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
Well, this can easily be a huge hit or miss. I'm still gonna check it out anyways though since I don't have a reason not to
Jan 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Aug 2015
Why can't they just use the original cast? Aqours is like the exact duplicate of μ's except for a few design changes here and there and plus, they looks way younger. I'm going to miss Nico ;-; (I'm guessing the red hair girl is another version of Nico?) Either way, i'm super excited for this!!
Miyano_niiJan 11, 2016 7:07 PM
Jan 11, 2016 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Choose your best-girls now MAL! (picking 2 and 4 early, we shall see)

I hope it has some decent episodes like the first season of Love Live! had (anybody remember episode 3? yea, that's the stuff). The 2nd season had nothing to offer.
Jan 11, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2012
I'm probably not going to give Sunshine a shot. It's just not the same without Nico.
Jan 11, 2016 9:50 PM

Sep 2009
MMMacross said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Sunrise has 13 sub-studios (or they cut it to 12 last year). 8th one is making Love Live.
Jan 11, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2013
Ohhhh! I really need to finish Love Live's anime- I mostly just play the App, LOL. Whoopsies.
I'm not sure how I feel about the new girls honestly? I may be idol trash but mostly for NicoMaki- I'm not sure if the appeal will still be there for me without them (and Umi) ;;
Jan 11, 2016 10:10 PM

Nov 2013
yohaaaaannnneeeee<3
Jan 11, 2016 10:22 PM

Oct 2007
abg said:
Hoppy said:

Cinderella Girls
of course sold well interms "anime" + bundling game..

beside the awful story , honestly I couldn't continue watching
the art so look creepy and incosistent ( A-1 sh*t quality )
even so much better read a doujin instead.

Which is interesting because the way they talked about it they seriously thought they were making this deep involved and carefully thought out show filled with the love and care of the staff, but that's A-1 propaganda for you most likely. What matters at the end of the day is how the fans ACTUALLY feel and it seemed pretty mixed.
Jan 11, 2016 10:45 PM

Aug 2015
who watch it anyway outside pedo-japan?
Jan 11, 2016 10:49 PM

Aug 2011
Sweet, more Love Live.

My only issue is with the plot. I was expecting something different, not the same thing as the first series. It's a little annoying seeing them not really try to change up the reasons for the girls to be idols, but I'll still watch the whole thing. The setting is interesting enough, so I'm sure they'll have some distinct things that sets it apart from the first season.

BurntJelly said:
Stark700 said:
Choose your best-girls now MAL! (picking 2 and 4 early, we shall see)

My choice is girl 6, swimmer girl Kanan. Her promo art has been 10/10 so far.

Jan 11, 2016 11:02 PM

Oct 2014
ultravigo said:

I heard the game alone (LLSIF) has reached 25 million players worldwide

the audience came from all walks of life ..
artists , singers , athletes and many others
and they have a lot to make and record sales

According to Cool Japan:

Annaul market size:

Gundam – 16.9 billion yen
Attack on Titans – 13.0 billion yen
Love Live! – 42.3 billion yen (movie sales not included)

http://yusaani.com/news/2015/09/19/194023/
Saber
Jan 11, 2016 11:13 PM

Jul 2015
Somehow, the girls all look like muse's, just randomized. They could've used some SIF characters.

Even the MV shows partly the same personalities (long haired-Maki on piano, blonde-haired also hesitant/distancing from them)

I'm still hopeful the setting would make the difference here. It's really hard to let go of the original members, but I'm giving this a shot.

Jan 12, 2016 12:30 AM

Aug 2015
gembelela said:
ultravigo said:

According to Cool Japan:

Annaul market size:

humanity.....FACEPALM
Jan 12, 2016 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
gembelela said:
ultravigo said:

According to Cool Japan:

Annaul market size:

Not to mention that the fanbase is 43.4% female (30.2% are 15 to 19 years old). His post doesn't even make sense based on the data, so he must be trolling... or incredibly ignorant. Can't say i'm surprised, as it seems to be fairly common in the Western anime community.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jan 12, 2016 1:29 AM

Oct 2014
Ejc said:
gembelela said:

According to Cool Japan:

Annaul market size:

Not to mention that the fanbase is 43.4% female (30.2% are 15 to 19 years old). His post doesn't even make sense based on the data, so he must be trolling... or incredibly ignorant. Can't say i'm surprised, as it seems to be fairly common in the Western anime community.

I think I'm quote from your previous posts and now you deny it ... lMAO
Saber
Jan 12, 2016 1:34 AM

Nov 2007
gembelela said:

I don't understand what I did wrong there? I was just quoting data that you linked there, since you seem to be posting to counter ultravigo's post there. I was referring to ultravigo in this part, "His post doesn't even make sense based on the data, so he must be trolling... or incredibly ignorant. Can't say i'm surprised, as it seems to be fairly common in the Western anime community."
Jan 12, 2016 1:42 AM
Dec 2015
Cant wait to see how this going to be.
Jan 12, 2016 1:45 AM

Oct 2014
Ejc said:
gembelela said:

I don't understand what I did wrong there? I was just quoting data that you linked there, since you seem to be posting to counter ultravigo's post there. I was referring to ultravigo in this part, "His post doesn't even make sense based on the data, so he must be trolling... or incredibly ignorant. Can't say i'm surprised, as it seems to be fairly common in the Western anime community."

ok I get it..
im misinterpret ur post, because lately too much trolling in mal

btw it's true audience and fans came from various people ..
I'll post the source later
Saber
Jan 12, 2016 1:58 AM
May 2012
Another Love Live, huh.
Jan 12, 2016 3:16 AM

Feb 2015
But Emitsun(Emi Nitta) denies rumors of disbandment of μ's.
Final Live and Final Single but not disbanding.

as for Aqours,
I am watching this obviously, I don't mind is not the original cast. Their song is nice.
There are some things in this world you don't have to watch and you don't think you ever have to.
Jan 12, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2015
the second generation huh.....
that's nice. look foward to it.
i doubt they will tell what's going to happen to the previous generation. i want to know what will happen to them though.
Jan 12, 2016 3:55 PM
Mar 2015
And ever so slowly love live takes over japan...Literally the top blu-rays in japan WERE LOVE LIVE
Jan 12, 2016 4:40 PM
Jul 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
MMMacross said:

Sunrise has 13 sub-studios (or they cut it to 12 last year). 8th one is making Love Live.

They have 14, 10 of them under Sunrise name and 4 under Bandai Namco Pictures name
Jan 12, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
Hoppy said:

I do not think relating CG to Sunshine makes sense. Cinderella Girls was based on a mobile game that had a ton of idols with one note personalities (baking sweets, ganbarimasu, etc). The anime tried to appease fans of the franchise by stuffing as many as they could into the anime, which (as an anime only viewer) was frustrating because I felt no characaters got a chance to develop because new girls kept getting the spotlight.

Sunshine is a spin off of Love Live with nine (not over 20, but nine) new girls. That to me is already less of a disasterpiece in the making than CG, which was almost guaranteed to be a clusterfuck.

Also, how can you say the group is such a mixed bag? There has been one single...It seems really early to judge the quality of all the characters.
Jan 12, 2016 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
Totally excited for this!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Guilty Gear: Strive' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

11 by Piromysl »»
1 hour ago

» New 'Keroro Gunsou' Anime Project Announced

DatRandomDude - Mar 31

14 by edhacare1 »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Tamon-kun Ima Docchi!?' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Jun 11

12 by daddymahitowo »»
3 hours ago

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets Second Anime Season

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by daddymahitowo »»
3 hours ago

» 'NEET Kunoichi to Nazeka Dousei Hajimemashita' Announces Additional Cast for Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by ryoko6 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.