Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2015 2:48 PM

May 2015
Weird show at the beginning, but turned out to be great. The art was really refreshing, that's one thing. From 6/10 to 8/10.

Jun 25, 2015 2:56 PM
Dec 2014
This anime went from meh in the beginning, to awesome and finished with an okay finale.

I didn't dislike it, but it definitely left a 'to get a truly happy ending, buy our upcoming Punch Line game' feeling.
Jun 25, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
That finale was awesome and Yuta/Pine sacrificed himself T-T

I thought it was cool how Mika can now live her life in her original body

This series is underrated and should be ranked higher than 7.09

Jun 25, 2015 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
This was way more touching and beautiful than I anticipated, this honestly wound up being the big sleeper hit of the season, if not the year for me, I had such a fun ride with this and wound up getting really invested into this finale, and it payed off in strides for me, i do wish some things were a little less predictable since i did kind of call alot of the things that happened going through with it but it also caught me off guard too, like i anticipated guriko to go back to her body right chiyako was dying last week but the show proved me wrong(might be why pine's detah was so hard hitting)

Overall i had a blast with all parts of this show, when it was a nonsensical ecchi comedy i was enjoying the ride and it started to garner substance right when the charm would be wearing thin, and from then on out i was just all aboard the hype train everyweek, i was very unsure about picking this one up but im so glad I did and if kekkai doesnt pull out its big guns for it final episode this will honestly be my AOTS, This show is very niche, but im definitely proud to be a part of that niche 8/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2015 3:11 PM

Jan 2015
Good series, had its ups and downs....probably a low 7/10. Almost a 5 with the beginning half of the episode but it saved itself...barely.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 25, 2015 3:11 PM

May 2014
can someon explain to mee what happend in the end did narguino go to her original body and yuta die??
Jun 25, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2014
Whoa, I figured Guriko would've died off instead, but it looks like Pine truly desires the happiest ending (one where Guriko along with Pine and Chiyoko would live) and decided to sacrifice himself in order to attain it.

Honestly, Punch Line was one of the hidden gems this season.
Jun 25, 2015 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
ShadowViper7Z said:
can someon explain to mee what happend in the end did narguino go to her original body and yuta die??
guriko was going to sacrifice herself in redemption by giving everyone their original bodies bakc and she would die from the uberfication, pine didnt let her cause he wants her to face the consequences of her actions and redeem herself rather than die and take the easy way out(you can also interpret it as a part of him WANTS her to redeem herself), pine then gives chiyoko her body back and he takes guriko's dying with it.

So yes the yuuta we followed with the whole show is dead, the game will follow the new one trying to get an even better end, but the yuuta we spent with the entire show is sadly dead and gone even if the new yuuta succeeds in preventing any casualties.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
I liked the show but I didn't like the end. 7/10
Jun 25, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
Off-topic but these cards in the episode look fantastic

Jun 25, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
UCHIKOSHIFICATIONS:
-MC who can switch between dimensions/bodies
-Isolated environment
-Big mystery with a lot of twists
-Lab children with special powers
-Self-sacrificing MC
-One of the main cast is AI
-Evil and powerful corporation/cult
-MC is a bit dense but very determined
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Jun 25, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2010

I cried when Yuta took her body back ;_; Chiyoko as new Yuta is cute, though.
Ending made it 7/10. I was thinking about giving 6 instead of 7.
Jun 25, 2015 4:04 PM

Mar 2013
I dont know man.. I didn't like the show so much. Super power childs, mc sacrificing himself, a nonsensical cult that want to destroy the world, not so much character development, specially on the villains... and out of the sudden the main villain turned out to be their childhood traumatized friend...
I mean.. cliches all over the place.

The anime was enjoyable, the last episode was ok, but not great. What happened to the cat? I Didn't like the ending for Guriko (he became WHAT? a shepherd?, oh cmon)... And I mean, the Cult just gave up to destroy the world? Even without Guriko there is a lot of Ws...

And I was expecting some flashback that would explain in a complete way what happened in Pine,Narugino and Guriko's childhood.
So, at least in my opinion.. Average 4.5/10
5/10 because of the enjoyment.
_junoJun 25, 2015 4:09 PM
Jun 25, 2015 4:10 PM

Jun 2013
Im not gonna lie , the first 2 or 3 episodes were really shitty and i was really close to dropping this, but then it started to surprise me when it started to take itself more /seriously and just wow for the happy and sad final episode
8/10 :)
Jun 25, 2015 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
julyachan said:
I dont know man.. I didn't like the show so much. Super power childs, mc sacrificing himself, a nonsensical cult that want to destroy the world, not so much character development, specially on the villains... and out of the sudden the main villain turned out to be their childhood traumatized friend...

The anime was enjoyable, the last episode was ok, but not great. What happened to the cat? I Didn't like the ending for Guriko (he became WHAT? a shepherd?, oh cmon)... And I mean, the Cult just gave up to destroy the world? Even without Guriko there is a lot of Ws...

And I was expecting some flashback that would explain in a complete way what happened in Pine,Narugino and Guriko's childhood.

I think you should seriously watch again some episodes.
Jun 25, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
Someone please, explain me, who is the cat?, it's guriko or yuta???
Jun 25, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
That song though....
#CHEXIT
Jun 25, 2015 4:21 PM

Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
julyachan said:

I think you should seriously watch again some episodes.

No thanks, hope the game can explain more stuff. I pass.
Jun 25, 2015 5:08 PM
Feb 2015
Man what an ending... Sad that yuuta is gone but at least he managed to save narugino. :(

That cat... Oh boy xD I love how all the girls offered yuuta their underwear lmao
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 25, 2015 5:11 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I wish i had that kind of offering ....
yes, thats sad shut up. ;-;

8/10 !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 25, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2013
What about the part where the American general was watching the Mikatan on his phone? I guess that doesn't matter since he was possessed.

This show was great, but I'm disappointed that it didn't end with a punchline.
Jun 25, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
I don't grade things, but when I get to reviewing this show on MAL (where I HAVE to grade 'em), it'll most definitely be a 7/10. It had a decent story but the execution was flawed for reasons I'll get into later.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 25, 2015 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
Not gonna list every thoughts I have and point out any every flaws this lackluster episode has, but just one:
If you want an anime that the writer has too much control over it and the only thing he cares is the plot, and you want to be annoyed by the fact that he goes out of his way to write in a character just to control the progression of the plot and almost every single aspects of the story has to be played out as he wishes not matter how contradictory and illogical, instead of letting the story and characters fleshes out themselves, this is the anime you are looking for.

Next time don't beg your audience to do anything, if you know you can't deliver.
Jun 25, 2015 5:31 PM
Jun 2015
AaaaaaKun said:
a character just to control the progression of the plot and almost every single aspects of the story has to be played out as he wishes

I think you're referring to the cat here. Sidekick characters like him are pretty much a requirement in video games where it's purpose is to fill you in on elements of the interface and abilities. Sometimes, they will also offer hints or help players notice things. Recently they use obnoxious ones so the game has a character who have reactions to the plot (Ghost Trick, Persona, DanganRonpa). Since Punchline is an anime-game joint project, the cat acts as a tutorial of sorts and keep track of the story to improve gameplay.
Jun 25, 2015 5:39 PM
Dec 2012
Jorjz said:
Holy shit. My sides.

The MAPPA staff foreshadow Chiyoko and the cat.
[spoiler]
First Official Art

What the picture is about?
Jun 25, 2015 5:46 PM

Jun 2014
Well even though most of the episodes in this anime were confusing, the ending was done really well!

Overall I gave this a 7/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jun 25, 2015 5:54 PM

Mar 2013
I dont why but I expected this show to be a bit more fun and over the top based on the initial pv I saw , I probably would hace liked it more but for what it was it was ok i guess , the overall execution was kinda poor.
Jun 25, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
Cheermancy said:

I think you're referring to the cat here. Sidekick characters like him are pretty much a requirement in video games where it's purpose is to fill you in on elements of the interface and abilities. Sometimes, they will also offer hints or help players notice things. Recently they use obnoxious ones so the game has a character who have reactions to the plot (Ghost Trick, Persona, DanganRonpa). Since Punchline is an anime-game joint project, the cat acts as a tutorial of sorts and keep track of the story to improve gameplay.

I know it is based on a game concept, but in the context of anime, or any story-telling medium which the creator has total dictatorship on the progression of the story, Chiranosuke's character is just a plot device and the writer's mouthpiece for reasons no other than what I have stated.
Jun 25, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
Man that was a very surprising anime. Enjoyed it very much, but the ecchi stuff was kind of annoying. Like why can everyone buy Pine Uberfy without the constant need to look at panties??
The series might've been better if it was a bit more serious (except it might not be as unique then).
Overall last episode was really good. I want my feels back though, putting in an ecchi scene after the MC's death does not help!

8/10
Jun 25, 2015 6:07 PM
Aug 2013
Is yuta going back to the past again for the ultimate happy future? to prevent world destruction and keep every1 alive including himself? Am i correct?? btw great show by the time the mystery started 4th-5th episode i couldnt wait for the rest :) 8/10
Jun 25, 2015 6:18 PM

Nov 2014
So the new Yuuta of the current timeskip will take his knowledge of the events that led to the "good ending" and apply them in the game in an attempt to reach an even better ending than the one they got in the anime.

Sucks a bit for us unless the game is localized, which I doubt will happen because anime games never get localized.

I don't really understand Chiranosuke though, especially with him having a corporeal form in the very end.
Jun 25, 2015 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
sirflimflam said:

I don't really understand Chiranosuke though, especially with him having a corporeal form in the very end.
thats the one thing that was dissapointing for me about the way this wrapped up, that was just kind of left hanging, probably left for a game explanation but like you said we never will get it most likley, i really dont hold it against the show cause not knowing didnt detract from the show for me and i really cant fault them for explaining more in a sequel even if we dont get them, like its not their fault we arent japanese

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 25, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
Now I want to see the True Ending now
Jun 25, 2015 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
Awe....sad.....I really feel like they could have ended it less sad somehow, but it was still good.

8/10

Such a surprising anime.....
Jun 25, 2015 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
don't think i could of handled anymore of this

was glad this show turned into more than just pantsu fanservice however the overall interesting build up got killed by these last few episodes but who knows maybe the game will be better most likely.

6.9/10 Now can i go back to having more than 1 show to watch on thursdays summer lineup??
Jun 25, 2015 7:22 PM

Jan 2014
Well what can I say, I didn't quite expect that ending. It was not the best but it was satisfying, at least Yuta isn't downright "dead" as there is still a chance to make history even better.

I have to say though, that part of Yuta's body being female confuses me to no end. I still see it as "male" even with those female clothes.
Jun 25, 2015 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
"Deploy defense shield!" Oh thank goodness Pumpkin Chair had some plot armor up her sleeves to defend against that cliffhanger.

Does the fighting theme music remind anyone else of Street Fighter?

I didnt like the ending though. I wanted Guriko to take his body back and die.

--

To be honest, this was one of my favorite shows this season and it was completely unexpected. I now know the true meaning of pantsu. Also my favorite OP this season. It was a really fun ride.

9/10
Jun 25, 2015 8:23 PM

Jul 2011
The ending was mediocre, like every ending that Uchikoshi has written. Oh well, that was to be expected.
Jun 25, 2015 8:44 PM

Jan 2014
hmmmm going to give this a 6 cause dat OST, animation, and that ending.

Started out pretty bad but luckily it got much better.

Jun 25, 2015 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, that was quite the ending. Even if the other Yuuta manages a supremely happy ending, the Yuuta we know is gone for good, and that's actually upsetting.
Jun 25, 2015 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
What a super satisfying ending. Only thing I'd change is a little more focus on Guriko after the meteor shower.

9/10, a few less pantsu would be preferred but *shrug* :)
Jun 25, 2015 9:32 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty OK. I guess it was a bittersweet ending kind of deal? Well, Yuuta (Pine) played the hero part pretty well.

Cheermancy said:

My AOTYAY.

I think some more Back to the Future shots would've made that collage more perfect lol
Jun 25, 2015 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
Well this show really defied my expectations. I ended up liking it alot especially when it had its serious moments. Guess I would miss the action cinematography though. Overall its AOTS for me. 7/10
HAIL BASED MAPPA
Jun 25, 2015 9:53 PM
Jun 2015
So I just wanted to know once yuta went back in time after those 49 days everything he's done until then will be erased as he's trying to create a better timeline. Is that why he waited 49 days after leaving to go back in time so that everyone could enjoy themselves having no fun and what not . My friend is saying that these are separate worlds and that the timeline we saw would not be destroyed as yuta went back in time.
Jun 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
Fantastic ending. Sad as fuck too.

Honestly didn't see the whole Pine sacrificing himself thing happening. When the idea first popped up in the episode I assumed that Guriko would just take her body back by force and then die and have it be kind of like a silent apology.

That scene where they parted/switched bodies was intense too. That music and that goodbye.

So apparently the ghost Yuuta who dead Yuuta kicked out of his body is going back in time to change the future again. The loop is broken, but I assume he's looking for an ending in which Chiyoko doesn't Uberfy in that body, or where she does, but Pine can still be saved.

We got a lot of Rabura fan service at the end too. Rabura with her hair down. Rabura wearing some slutty dress to get the D. Rabura wearing some white dress being painted. Yay.

Chiyoko back in her own body with her hair grown out is cute.

Like all the little details in the ending portions though:
- Chiyoko using Face Maker to pretend to still be Mikatan.
- Rabura still trying to get dates
- Muhi growing and getting fat as shit.

Only 2 things I don't understand:
1. What the fuck was the point of Muhi? All of these people were after him because of his healing powers, but as a plot piece he was totally worthless. Never contributed anything as a "character". Nobody actually used his healing powers for anything or found a way to make him useful. Fuckin Christ, Guriko even said that Muhi wasn't needed to be a W. If they didn't even use it to save Guriko's body, what was the point?

2. What was the deal with Chrianosuke? He ended up being a regular cat at the end...where was his body the entire time? Why did he even have intimate knowledge on the "Human Preservation Project" and all of the details on Yuuta and knowledge on space time? He introduces himself as Chiranosuke. Assuming as normal cat that he didn't have a name before Chiyoko named him, that would mean that ghost Chiranosuke is from even further in the future.

Overall amazing show. Definitely one of my favorites this season outside of the bigger named shows. 9/10. Hopefully the game somehow makes it's way west.
Jun 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Feb 2014
WAIT I'm so confused why does spirit Yuuta have to go back and change the past? Isn't the future the way he wants it? Why not just leave it be?
Jun 25, 2015 10:07 PM

Sep 2014
Definitely this was the best surprise of the season, the "u-turn" of events midway totally skyrocket this to 10/10!

I have mixed feelings about Yuuta's Death thou, but still another awesome show!
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Jun 25, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
AnimeFish2219 said:
WAIT I'm so confused why does spirit Yuuta have to go back and change the past? Isn't the future the way he wants it? Why not just leave it be?

I assume he wants an ending where all 3 of them can be together, or at least alive.

The time travel in this show seemed to work in the sense that every return to the past starts a new timeline. So him going back in time wont suddenly change the current future where everyone is happy. And on the other hand since he starts a new timeline, he cant return to that previous timeline where everyone is happy.

Now that he knows exactly what has to happen to create the "third rail" where everyone is happy, all he has to do is take that knowledge and then use the knowledge he has to prevent Chiyoko from Uberfying.

Anime912 said:
So I just wanted to know once yuta went back in time after those 49 days everything he's done until then will be erased as he's trying to create a better timeline. Is that why he waited 49 days after leaving to go back in time so that everyone could enjoy themselves having no fun and what not . My friend is saying that these are separate worlds and that the timeline we saw would not be destroyed as yuta went back in time.

It seems to be implied that every time he U-turns it starts a new timeline. Although he is forced to follow the same set of actions every time so it makes it hard to say with 100% certainty, one thing that indicates it is the lack of ability for ghosts to travel to the future (or at least the anime implies).

We never see Yuuta travel forward to see the repercussions of his actions. We also never see Chiranosuke travel forward in time either, only backwards. The lack of being able to see the butterfly effect kind of indicates that the future for that timeline hasn't been predicted yet so it cant be changed.

But idk, that's just my best guess.
Jonesy974Jun 25, 2015 10:21 PM
Jun 25, 2015 10:22 PM

Mar 2015
Glad it had a strong finish. That OST <3 Yuta as a girl is actually kind of cute. 7/10
Jun 25, 2015 10:27 PM

Mar 2009
BEST. OFFERING. EVER.

Good ending, albeit bittersweet. Just like with 999 for the DS, though, I'm stuck with a million questions. Oh, well. Had it not been for Uchikoshi, I probably would have dropped it. I remember being very disappointed after the first episode, but in the end I'm glad I continued to watch.

Still don't understand why this was on Noitamina, however. Noitamina just airs whatever they want nowadays.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

267 by Ronninn »»
Apr 3, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2015

120 by Desaturate »»
Feb 17, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

96 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 27, 2022 10:29 PM

» Does anybody else think the Nandala Gandala is the equivalent to the Kama Sutra?

TokyoSanchez - Apr 17, 2015

6 by Rnonsenseguy »»
Jun 3, 2022 3:23 AM

» Please, Play The Game

removed-user - Sep 5, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 5, 2019 6:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.