Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 22, 2015 8:12 PM

Jul 2009
autrhors have that much command? ;o
Jan 22, 2015 8:42 PM
Mar 2013
Kurogashi said:
autrhors have that much command? ;o

Authors don't have a power to command someone to do something.
Authors have the right to permit someone to make a derivative works based on their original works.
If someone tries to make an anime without the author's approve, it is an illegal act. Ususally, authors designate someone in the publisher as agent for works about making anime but it is not rare that there are editors misunderstanding their own position, who believe the authors are just their subordinate...
I sometimes hear of far more stupid incidents that an editor command authors he is assisting that they should plagiarize to meet the deadline.
Jan 22, 2015 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
another interesting education episode :D

lol that accompani-meet xD

too bad the author asked to retakes the character design.
they need to start all over again :(

Jan 22, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2013
ohh shit...that ending.
Things are going to get very complicated.
Jan 22, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2012
pretty good episode. but oh shit, they have to redraw everything from beginning on.. that must suck. but the author really could've said something sooner.
Jan 23, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2008
I already see it happening. This delay will somehow trigger events leading to Shizuka finally landing a recurring character's role in the anime they're making.
Jan 23, 2015 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
The director was amazing this episode, omg especially the composition meeting. Making an anime need a lot of work.
Jan 23, 2015 2:00 AM

Oct 2011
That reminds me of that time when our project manager suddenly decided to completely change the way we named the variables in the program we were making, all the while maintaining that's how he said it should be from the start (despite his own notes from the previous week's meeting still being on the whiteboard behind him, proving the opposite).

/myanimeblog
Jan 23, 2015 3:14 AM

Mar 2011
At first I also thought it was a dry, info-dumpy episode, with too much time on the dolls.

Then I realised it flooded us with new characters! Three new secondary characters, two of which seem to be instant fan favourites judging from this thread (and my own reactions), and two or three probably-recurring supporting characters if I counted right. We got enough of them to feel like we know them and they're neatly woven into the show… and we barely even noticed because we were distracted by the infodump. Well done!
Jan 23, 2015 6:18 AM

Feb 2012
Paulo27 said:
Mirorin said:

Otaku? XD That's the vibe I get from her.

I'm liking Andou. She's enthusiastic and knowledgable. :D

That too, I guess, but it's more like she's one of those people who watches something and thinks it is amazing and when someone disagrees she just says they "don't get it" and it is "2deep4them".

Takuan_Soho said:

It's animation: you change the visuals, you change everything.

Of course if it is minor changes things wouldn't change that much, but that they said "we have to start again", it seems clear that the author has some serious changes, stuff that will impact the director's vision quite completely. And yes, this impacts the VA's directly. The voice has to match the design, the other way around doesn't really work.

Remember how the director selected a scene and then changed the CG visualization all based on how one character's "mature expression" . Take that away and everything changes.

As for how big of a deal this can be, I would hold out Aku No Hana, they messed around with Nakamura and it KILLED the series in the first 7 minutes (rotoscope didn't help, but from reading the posts their changing Nakamura really seemed to push the fans over the edge). Speaking just for myself, one of the reasons I don't read the stories of things I am going to watch (and vice versa) is that I visualize things and it does impact me when things don't match my imagination.
Like I said, they aren't making things up, they are following the manga, unless the author wants to change the story and the characters for the anime there's really no big deal in changing characters designs, I doubt the current ones are all wrong and don't follow the manga at all, everyone read the manga and knows the characters so they'd know if they are off, if the author only wants to change the eye's position or whatever then it's no big deal, we'll see how big the issue is next episode though.

It's probably not 'just' a change in eye positioning. In any case, you can't just change the design and simply expect everything to work without any work right? Characters move around are seen from different angles so these minor details will stand out if you're not consistent! As far as animation goes, you gotta pretty much start from scratch because you're drawing a different looking character in the same situations, unless even the storyboard is changed too, which is possible! The mangaka never specified that the art was the only part of the character design he didn't like. He may not like the choice of VA's or the character development in the writing. Anything can happen at this point. On the upside, we get to see that mangaka x animation studio interaction. Curious to see shirobako's take on it.
Jan 23, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
The way the editor from the publishers always acted so aloof i was expecting for his to announce that the author never actually gave the green light and they had to cancel the whole thing, glad to see it's not as bad, newbies seem decent too.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 23, 2015 6:36 AM

Nov 2010
That editor actually remind me of a certain editor in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Both are very easy to hate lol
Jan 23, 2015 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
Ugh, that f***ing editor...
Jan 23, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't imagine I could dislike someone more than Tarou in this show, but funny story, Mr. Editor steadily earned his place for those past three episodes and there we have it. Urgh. Ganbatte, Musani.
Jan 23, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
"did you just say Jiggly Heaven?"

*jiggle jiggle jiggle*

ROFL

I nearly fell out of my chair on that scene XD

Oh and that funny story editor is probably why there are so many shitty adaptions out there.. turns out that it's not always the studio's fault although it makes me wonder who's actually at fault for Akame ga Kill's fiasco though.

This episode really feels like documentary more than the others though since they clearly outlined the pre-production pipeline.
Jan 23, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2011
It seems I find person much worse than Tarou. Damn, editor. I already had suspicions he isn't a reliable person.
Jan 23, 2015 5:59 PM
Dec 2014
MoeGod said:
"did you just say Jiggly Heaven?"

*jiggle jiggle jiggle*

ROFL

I nearly fell out of my chair on that scene XD

Goddamnit Gunbuster!!!
dustinator1991 said:
You like hentai for your favorite anime so you have no room to talk.

Jan 24, 2015 2:13 AM

Oct 2009
Diesel-chan got a match info addict.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 24, 2015 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
What a shocking ending, everything was going so well.
All the meetings were interesting, I like the detail.
Jan 24, 2015 5:26 PM

Feb 2014
Although not much drama happened, it was interesting to learn how the building blocks of the anime is done. I gotta say, a lot of meetings. I think the meeting with the composer and the meeting with the Ema and the new girl were the best. Well, all were interesting.

That was some news.....Words cannot describe how angry I am at that editor. And they were going well on schedule too....Ughhhh. Hope the author fires the guy.........
Jan 25, 2015 3:17 AM
Mar 2013
AaaaaaKun said:
Hopefully that won't turn into another Shirokuma Cafe, but there's still a million ways the whole production can go wrong. It's painful to watch since it reminds me my past experience but yet I want to see their reaction under all these pressure, it's turning into a reality show and that's awesome.

To those who don't know what happened on Shirokuma Cafe, please read this.

> Polar Bear's Café Creator Comments Further on Anime
> posted on 2012-05-31 12:02 EDT
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-31/polar-bear-cafe-creator-comments-further-on-anime

There can be a funny story in real life.
Jan 25, 2015 3:25 AM
Mar 2013
nanoflower said:
I think the meeting with the composer and the meeting with the Ema and the new girl were the best.

Actually, you need an interpreter between creators even they use the same language... or more precisely, I have to say it is when they use languages look like the same but somewhat different from each other.
One of the most important reason to have meetings is to find the moments they themselves are speaking of seemingly same but different things. It isn't a good idea to agree with matters containing ambiguity and misunderstanding, if they are not nearly perfect to some extent. (Perfect is impossible, I know.)
htsujiJan 25, 2015 4:19 AM
Jan 25, 2015 4:55 AM

Mar 2011
I was expecting that ending... but not this early on the production. Good thing what I was thinking didn't actually happen, it'd hurt more if that sort of thing happened any later.
Jan 25, 2015 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
This was the most informative episode in a while. It was fun and different how they made the toys to explain us everything.
I agree with Erika. The only person keeping that together is Aoi.
Wth. from what I got, they contacted the manga author and he was not responding. Now he says they have to retake everything and start over? I mean...it seems a little harsh. If he was so interested he should have been available from the get go.
I'm sure they can do it though.
Jan 25, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2012
vodall said:
animefan8800 said:
A fairly dry episode

I disagree. In fact, this is what solidified my opinion of the series going from 'good' to 'great'. It's no longer a concept that's being played safe; every aspect is being brought out to its fullest extent, and the series isn't stopping to catch its breath. It doesn't need to. It's being assertive for the first time in its run.

I was expecting an "info dump" episode sooner or later and in my opinion they got the timing right. They have a new anime, Aoi has more responsabilities and thanks to that they could explain each meeting without feeling out of place.

Oh well, it was obvious the autor would speak up sooner or later *sigh* blame that damn editor! >.>

Ahh, I'm quite enjoying this anime :3
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 25, 2015 11:15 AM
Apr 2014
Oh wow that was so obvious. It just had to happen. Just because that piece of shit didn't bother asking the author about anything and just went "funny story. do as you like. it'll be fine."

nice episode though. even with the predictability. for some reason it's really relaxing to watch even though the pace is relatively fast (not too fast. just as much faster as possible without being rushed).
Jan 25, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
So pumped!
Rii-chan is adorable. So glad she's helping.

I just hope Zuka-chan gets some kind of role~
I'm expecting the voice actor they chose over her to get another role/get sick, so Zuka will have to do it instead. :D

A little bit of info-dump, though.
I couldn't really see the point of it.
Most of the concepts were pretty self-explanatory.

Stupid author. Stupid guy who said everything was okay.
I hope this won't be a Jiggly Heaven. T_T
Although, it would be awesome to see them deliver an episode five minutes before airing time...
Jan 27, 2015 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
In advance of Episode 16, they just posted two new anime technical terms on the
official website. So apparently fans are expected to learn these words prior to the
episode airing on Thursday. Here is the full list:
http://shirobako-anime.com/words.html

Recall that for Episode 15, there were fifteen new terms.
Jan 27, 2015 8:31 AM
Dec 2010
Pretty good informative episode. Not liking the ending much but then, at least it is a realistic problem that can happen.

Loved all the plane-related stuff especially. And thanks to this show I now know that I'm a sora ota. Certainly has a nicer ring to it than aviation nerd.
Jan 29, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
we all knew something like this was gonna happen as soon as we met the editor ( ;^_^) =3
Jan 30, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
They should have met the author as well, not just the editor.
From the way he was speaking throughout the episodes it did seem like he was doing whatever the hell he wanted to do without the author's permission.
Jan 30, 2015 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is more on in-depth information topics about different kinds filming.
Looks like the creator/author is a scumbag who's not appreciating the initial work of Musani. FARG!

Jan 31, 2015 4:37 AM

Feb 2010
Characters redone -> Seiyuu redone -> Red-haired girl gets job -> WIN
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 31, 2015 7:46 AM

Jul 2012
Cashdax said:
Characters redone -> Seiyuu redone -> Red-haired girl gets job -> WIN

I'm kind of expecting this to happen too :D Then all of them will get to work on an anime together one more time~
Feb 1, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2012
All because of that saitei editor.
Keep moving forward
Feb 11, 2015 11:31 PM

Jun 2013
Studios must really not like dealing with editors for manga/LN adaptations. Like everyone's been saying, all the problems here all trace back to the irresponsibility and dismissiveness of the Nogame-sensei''s editor.

Funny story, the editor is an ass.

I hope Musa Ani will be able to get directly to Nogame-sensei and prevent things like this from happening again (Man, I am so into this show!).

Also, ep. 16 is called table flip? They mean like this, right?
That's how I'd feel.
-Trippwire-Feb 11, 2015 11:35 PM
Feb 25, 2015 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
Paulo27 said:
That start was hilarious, so Yamada-san made an episode in which everything the character did was sleep and Andou-san thinks everyone else just "doesn't get it" and that there's more to it, the "Hey, are you one of those people?" just made me laugh out loud.

Apparently I found said episode.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7897/Issho_ni_Sleeping:_Sleeping_with_Hinako

Mar 7, 2015 2:15 PM
Dec 2014
I dont understand why the director is still need to make the storyboard considering the anime is an adaptaion (in this case manga) is is neccesary?
Mar 17, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
Do editors also act as managers of the authors? If not then I don't see why they didn't directly contact the author of the manga.
And the stuffed toys constantly giving expositions on whatever was being discussed in the meetings got really annoying. I hope that doesn't become a regular thing from now on. I liked the realism of the show until now when nothing was explicitly explained to the viewers directly.
CleaverKH said:
I dont understand why the director is still need to make the storyboard considering the anime is an adaptaion (in this case manga) is is neccesary?

Unlike during the production of Exodus, the director doesn't have to come up with the story, but a storyboard is still necessary, since it helps the animators to visualize the scenes. It's used not only in the production of animation, but also live action movies and TV shows.
Mar 26, 2015 6:06 AM

Oct 2012
I would like to work at musani
Because of the prez
Look at all those food!! xD

Lol Kunogi

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The author and that annoying guy who came and left are at fault
"Signature removed"
Apr 7, 2015 11:35 AM
May 2012
I like the art guy.
They hired the girl with yellow hair and the one with glasses *o* I knew that they will be part of the show!! That shy girl is pretty adorable.
I like the meetings. It's really informative. This Anime is informative.
I appreciate Anime more now since look at their efforts. This is why I can't trash talk an Anime even if it's bad.
Fucking author wants redo when he didn't even attend any of the meetings. That fucking editor's fault, man.
Well, time for me to sleep now.
Apr 12, 2015 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
Start everything over.. :D
Apr 13, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2009
the manga author has so much power huh i guess thats because its his creation after all and part of the property signatures is the original author i heard so no surprises from me
Apr 22, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
In the end they were trolled.

Expected, though.

I want to hit that author so badly lol.
Apr 22, 2015 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
Oh, such infodump! This episode can be easily used as guide to japanese animation :)

Kinda expected they'll have to redo all chara designs, that editor was completely unreliable.
The best thing they could do is to have meeting with actual author, it's always better if he has some say when his series is concerned, and also can give them some story background they'll need.
I'm just wondering why they didn't inquire it much earlier. They should push that on them a lot sooner.

Now, I am very interested in how they solves those problems and how they schedule will have to change.
My bet is that they'll have to post-pone actual voice recording due to it, one of VA won't be able to do that on later date and that's whre Zuka comes in.

okanagan said:
In advance of Episode 16, they just posted two new anime technical terms on the
official website. So apparently fans are expected to learn these words prior to the
episode airing on Thursday. Here is the full list:
http://shirobako-anime.com/words.html

Oh, that list seems great, wish there was a translation I would actually want to read it.
Mich666Apr 22, 2015 2:42 PM
Apr 29, 2015 2:39 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode! Really interesting I must say! Let's see what's next.
Apr 30, 2015 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
Man, all of those meetings. But as the teddy bear says, each of them is extremely crucial as everyone involved in the project needs to be on the same page. Clear communication is a necessity otherwise problems arise later on that might lead to things such as what happened at the end. I knew that "funny thing" guy was going to screw things up somehow, what an ass.
May 1, 2015 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
Wow that episode full of information. The narrative has proved more challenging and complex than I imagined before starting it; I must say that is a satisfaction seeing this episode. Surprise would have come in the team of MusAni the girl with glasses and not just the one with the blonde locks. Always instructive this anime, I can not wait to see me the next episode.
Jun 17, 2015 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
I really liked this episode.

Director was funny, too.

They must restart everything?! Inconceivable! D:
Jun 26, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2009
Diesel-san <3!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

96 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

289 by Muow »»
Aug 19, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

112 by Muow »»
Aug 15, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

111 by Muow »»
Aug 15, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

157 by ANIk_003 »»
Jul 12, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.