Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
This series is losing steam REALLY quickly. I might just have to drop the anime and read the manga to really see what all the hype is about.
Jul 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
T3hSource said:
Still bad comedic times, still trying to sell its "dark" setting all the while trying to have fluffy slice of life scenes and a loli tsundere.

The action was a nice fix, but is badly interrupted by the comedy.

2/5

Yeah. I'm really disliking how much comedy they've added into this. I'm simply happy I lowered my expectations prior to watching this.

The manga definitely had comedic value instilled, but not at this level, and it was much more well-timed.
Nop.
Jul 20, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
WhipItGood said:
I found the king intriguing....if it's not too much to ask, can a mangareader tell me if there are any possibilites of him being actually and willingly/consciously evil/sadistic and all this being a facade?

He is just a sheltered child left in the influence of a bastard who shapes him in such a way as to keep power

A pity, I find the sociopathic/sadistic noble boy archetype very amusing. Oh well.
Jul 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
Nice snipe Mine.
Too bad I found out about this anime before it finished airing ... :/ I'd so marathon it.
Jul 20, 2014 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Enjoyable,for what it is..but I would not say it was as good as two previous episodes.
Jul 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
Seccand said:
This series is losing steam REALLY quickly. I might just have to drop the anime and read the manga to really see what all the hype is about.

I would watch next week's ep first. If you still don't like it after that, then check out the manga.
Jul 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Nov 2013
Master martial artist can't break out of someone grasping his waist... classic.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 20, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2014
Good episode, they adapted chapter 4 and the omitted base infiltration part from chapter 2.

The things that are still kind of bugging me are the fluffy moments and some of the action scenes. That said, the CGI part of Pumpkin's attack sequence was handled nicely.

Shaniyaz said:
Who's that big guy at the end? He seems pretty strong too!

Jul 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
It was an okay episode, not much really happened though.
Jul 20, 2014 12:30 PM

Mar 2011
Lol, what a master sniper ^_^ Almost blew Tatsumi's head off.
Jul 20, 2014 12:31 PM
Jul 2013
Great episode. Loving the OST and animation. Glad they put the invasion scene in there. I had a feeling they would add it to this one.
Jul 20, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2013
Well that martial artist was a pushover alright...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
Episode started out nicely then turned to shit with the typical "walking in on a bitchdere dressing up" shtick then picked up the pace later on.

I'm glad MC is not allowing that piece of shit walk over him that much.

The end combat was quite meh compared to previous episode
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jul 20, 2014 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Akame's slash at the beginning was epic.

Mine's sniping skills is great, she almost got Tatsumi when she shot the Koukenji Martial Arts Master.
Jul 20, 2014 12:38 PM
Jun 2013
T3hSource said:
Still bad comedic times, still trying to sell its "dark" setting all the while trying to have fluffy slice of life scenes and a loli tsundere.

The action was a nice fix, but is badly interrupted by the comedy.

2/5

Comedy may not like ، but this Makes build characters Best
Especially that the series is still in the beginning
JUHABACHJul 20, 2014 12:42 PM
Jul 20, 2014 12:42 PM
Feb 2014
I'm still not impressed...

First off, good things, I realised I quite like the music in AgK. For some reason, I kinda like he Green haired string guy. He looks interesting.

Now, not so good things... the action is geting a bit lame, tbh... all the action scenes are happenin off screen or are still frames... okay, not all, but I'm gaining a tab bit too little satisfaction frm the action scenes..,

Next, r the bad guys really so obviously evil... every bad guy so far has been portrayed as absolutely disgustingly bad... it's just making things way too simple... it's still early tho, so I'll be waiting for the next episodes to show some better bad guys (the next one looks promising?)... tho the main antagonist (the minister) doesnt look like he's that great a bad guy -_-...

Another thig, Mein's annoying... was that really her full backstory? it's so... shallow... I dont like her reasons for joining night raid either... they sound childish... n no, not impressed by her gun... it feels totally out of place in this medieval-ish setting, but I wont dwell on that point since meh... there's plenty of anime-ish reasons to explain that weapon.

Finally... that last fight was horrible -_-... master martial artist being held down by someone grabbin his waist... that was just... lame... it would've been fine if Mein had quickly shot him right after he was pinned down by Tatsumi, but NO, there was this long-ass inspiring speech about trust, and the master looked like a noob just hitting Tatsumi's back...

I WANT this anime to be good, but seriously, I CAN'T take it seriously if they give me scenes like that last one...

EDIT: Got the wrong name xp... Tatsumi, not Takami... I either have really bad memory or there're too many MCs with names starting with Ta-... xp
Duri1nJul 20, 2014 1:19 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 20, 2014 12:46 PM

Jan 2014
I freaking love Mein, she's my favorite character so far <3
So far this is the best anime for summer 2014
Jul 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
Really wasn't feeling the anime-original scenes with Mein. They did that stupid cliche with the MC walking in on the girl changing and she beats the shit out of him. Blech, way to make the show even more generic, White Fox.
Jul 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2008
Moonchipz said:
Really wasn't feeling the anime-original scenes with Mein. They did that stupid cliche with the MC walking in on the girl changing and she beats the shit out of him. Blech, way to make the show even more generic, White Fox.

Yeah wasn't feeling that part either. At least the executioner is coming up.
Jul 20, 2014 12:49 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Great episode again this week

Was really glad that we got the Infiltration thing in this episode and that they adapted the next chapter perfectly

The action was great as usual, although we got a lot of stills but the art for it captures the mood just fine. I think I know why they are doing that...This way they won't have to censor anything - and there wasn't any censoring as far as I'm concerned

Braht and Leone were just awesome as always....But damn, I never laughed this much when I read this in the manga, I'm loving the comedy xD

5/5

Looking forward to the first Teigu v Teigu (Anime only people should pay close attention to the concept behind this) match in the next episode
Jul 20, 2014 12:52 PM
May 2014
For all the people complaining.. this ep pretty much followed the manga. If you don't like it, too bad. Complain to the creator of the manga, not the anime. The anime is doing a good job.

Poor Tatsumi.

That sniper shot. Might edit this into a background.

Ah Akame. They didn't know what hit them.

Creepy version of the PM. Or maybe the more realistic one.

I hope Mokoto realizes the truth about the kingdom and is a just ruler. And not die. Not his fault he is being manipulated so.
Jul 20, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2014
@Duri1n
Don't bother, it's a battle shounen pretending to have a "dark seinen" setting without it being represented or influencing the cliche and shallow characters, who do not change or develop, except Tatsumi ofc.

And no, you shouldn't take it seriously, but at the same time it's not that funny either unfortunately. But lower expectations always help.

And yes, the whole teigu stuff is just an anime excuse for having shounen battles.
Jul 20, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
For everyone who doesn't like it because it's not as good as the manga , please leave silently without commenting stuff that ruins our entertainment , i didn't read the manga and i find it be an awesome anime so far .
Jul 20, 2014 1:13 PM
Oct 2010
This was alrite, but they need to stop using still frames for the deaths, it's actually bugging me now. The slow motion from the first episode looked way better.

T3hSource said:
@Duri1n
Don't bother, it's a battle shounen pretending to have a "dark seinen" setting

What's wrong with this exactly? You keep complaining about this in every thread but I don't see anything wrong with this. Who cares if it's a dark setting, do you want another naruto or bleach or something?
Jul 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
kikohunter said:
So did they add the missing part of chapter 2 or no? Are they just going to not adapt it?

THey did incorporated it but left out one small detail
Jul 20, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
So they decided to adapt the rest of chapter 2 that they skipped. Have to say I'm surprised. I thought they'd just leave it out. Getting to see the Teigu was awesome. Extra fanservice scenes were good too.
Jul 20, 2014 1:18 PM
Jun 2013
Rashikabi-san said:
kikohunter said:
So did they add the missing part of chapter 2 or no? Are they just going to not adapt it?

THey did incorporated it but left out one small detail

This is because Tatsumi learn lesson
Jul 20, 2014 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
pretty ok episode not sure why they didn't just put that scene with the randoms attacking the base in episode 2. Didn't really like the Mine scene why would they be ok with her shooting her gun drawing attention to the base.
Jul 20, 2014 1:31 PM
Feb 2014
skudoops said:
This was alrite, but they need to stop using still frames for the deaths, it's actually bugging me now. The slow motion from the first episode looked way better.

T3hSource said:
@Duri1n

What's wrong with this exactly? You keep complaining about this in every thread but I don't see anything wrong with this. Who cares if it's a dark setting, do you want another naruto or bleach or something?

Well, I don't mind the dark settng. And I don't think T3hSource is complainig abt the dark setting either... he's saying the show's pretending to have a dark setting... Which I agree with somwhat for now... the show has lots of blood and brutal deaths, but it doesnt feel very serious either, whih is getting me confused... xp

I'm just annoyed with a few scenes of the show. Did u not find that waist grabbing scene wih Mein havin that master sniper speech rather awkward? It felt rather nonsensical, tbh, n I don't feel I'm nitpicking there. Also, there's the still frames thing u mentioned.

But, I'm still givin this show a shot. I mean, I'm assumig these first few episodes are more like character introductions and for world-building, so I can still excuse the shallow bad guys so far (seriously, u have to admit they're a bit too obviously bad, and the first one with that mad family of torturers was jus way too conveniently evil -_-).
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Jun 2014
Duri1n said:

Next, r the bad guys really so obviously evil... every bad guy so far has been portrayed as absolutely disgustingly bad... it's just making things way too simple... it's still early tho, so I'll be waiting for the next episodes to show some better bad guys (the next one looks promising?)... tho the main antagonist (the minister) doesnt look like he's that great a bad guy -_-...

Another thig, Mein's annoying... was that really her full backstory? it's so... shallow... I dont like her reasons for joining night raid either... they sound childish... n no, not impressed by her gun... it feels totally out of place in this medieval-ish setting, but I wont dwell on that point since meh... there's plenty of anime-ish reasons to explain that weapon.

Finally... that last fight was horrible -_-... master martial artist being held down by someone grabbin his waist... that was just... lame... it would've been fine if Mein had quickly shot him right after he was pinned down by Tatsumi, but NO, there was this long-ass inspiring speech about trust, and the master looked like a noob just hitting Tatsumi's back...

I WANT this anime to be good, but seriously, I CAN'T take it seriously if they give me scenes like that last one...

You should blame the original story in the manga then..
This isn't an original anime that White Fox just randomly created.
Jul 20, 2014 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
I think it was a fine episode.
I really liked Mine.
Jul 20, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
This episode confirms Mine as best girl.

After you kill her? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) http://i.imgur.com/3zzuEIx.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) http://i.imgur.com/tIafPWr

Tsundere loli ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) http://i.imgur.com/Pv1xJwl

NTR much? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) http://i.imgur.com/Dv2xfEM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) http://i.imgur.com/T8wh1rR
Jul 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
I'm loving this anime more and more....good action this episode and i holding myself from reading the manga
Jul 20, 2014 1:43 PM
Feb 2014
Techim said:

Er... I wasn't blaming White Fox for anything. Well, the only thing Whte Fox is guilty of is the over use of still frames and leaving out some of the action. Tho, this is only personal opinion.

I'm just giving my thoughts on the show... okay, yeah, they're mostly criticism, but I'm not scoldin anyone... -_-... and if it just so happens that the story is the one that I don't like, then, yeah, I guess it's the manga's fault, but I don't see how that was even relevant.., xp...
Jul 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
this show is really nothing special so far.. don't see all the hype behind it.

- action scenes aren't that great, lots of stills and night raid is overpowered compared to all the scrubs they run into.

- bunch of fanservice that reminds me of some stupid shows like zero no tsukaima

- bad mix of comedy and dark moments

Jul 20, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2014
skudoops said:
T3hSource said:
@Duri1n

Naruto's setting as a war torn land is handled a lot better than this brutalist, sadist infested haven of capital. Bleach's turf war is a good enough excuse for cockfights.

The brutality and awful things that are shown to us for "context" are just mentioned, used for shock value and nothing more(aka EDGY). Such things aren't just thrown in for the sake of having them. They should be handled with care and seriousness.

Such an unforgiving corrupt world where "only the elite live well and everybody else is in slums" should be pretty fucking oppressing via atmosphere and our main cast. The colors should be dampened and have a lot grit as well. The streets should look dirty unclean, people wouldn't be happy go lucky, especially NOT our main cast. They shouldn't be so vibrantly colorful, nor be this plain and archetypical to battle shounen standards.
The world is trying to mimic Berserk's and for a more relevant comparison: Dark Souls-esc.

Then we have the cartoonishly evil villains who are either sadists, brutalists or rapists, making some quite stupid binary morality. That is not how you portray your "dark" setting. Morality should be non existent, nobody's good, nobody's bad, everyone just wants to live. That is what I expect from a supposedly exploited, corrupt, fallen world. Yet it's just an excuse for tragic backstories and stupidly evil villains(and yes, I know this is remedied later).

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and response to it.
VudisJul 22, 2014 10:37 AM
Jul 20, 2014 1:52 PM
Feb 2013
ZoroZoldyck said:
antonn said:
Such a great episode. AgK continues to solidify itself as the best battle shounen to date.

Eh sorry but that belongs to Hunter x hunter :3 I don't think any shonen can beat that.

I have to agree with you on that.

Or..maybe not... I mean, HxH doesn't exactly have that many great classical battle-fights (netero and Mereum comes to mind in the last arc, but that's about the only 'real' fight we get). The rest are more like... mental fights, or short skirmishes..or massacres. ;-p . But it's quite superior in a lot of aspects, especially on the emotional front and strong characterisation - and above all, originality. So I would agree it's one of the best shounen out there, as a whole. But its strong(est) points aren't 'beat them up' battles on itself.

Duri1n said:
Techim said:

Er... I wasn't blaming White Fox for anything. Well, the only thing Whte Fox is guilty of is the over use of still frames and leaving out some of the action. Tho, this is only personal opinion.

I'm just giving my thoughts on the show... okay, yeah, they're mostly criticism, but I'm not scoldin anyone... -_-... and if it just so happens that the story is the one that I don't like, then, yeah, I guess it's the manga's fault, but I don't see how that was even relevant.., xp...

Hmm... that doesn't seem like very logical. Why would that need to be the conclusion? One could, for instance, as well claim that the fact that you don't like the manga/anime, is your fault.

In fact, that seems the most obvious. It's the observer who's at fault for liking or not liking something, after all, since the 'liking'-aspect is subjective in nature, and thus, is due to the subject who watches or reads it.

It eludes me why you think it would be *the manga's fault* that you don't like it. Do you blame the sun as well if you don't like daylight?
AnimageNebyJul 20, 2014 1:59 PM
Jul 20, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was like a Zero no Tsukaima episode :I...Dont think Imperial City is in that bad of a condition,it seems like an ordinary modern age country with a dictatorship
Jul 20, 2014 2:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Solid episode. Seeing Mine's past was pretty tragic, but it's good to see she's bound and determined to win. The crucifixion part wasn't near as graphic as the manga version, people's legs were gone. But still, a very gripping moment. It showed how extreme the tyranny of the capital really is. F*ck that Minister.

My only issue is how Tatsumi is able to hold that guy. He's a grown ass man. He could lift Tatsumi if he wanted to. It just looked awkward in this scene.

I'm really looking forward to next week, it's quite the fight. First time we see Teigu vs. Teigu.
Jul 20, 2014 2:02 PM
Nov 2013
I lol'd when Tatsumi saw Bulat in his sleep haha.
They even put the end of chapter 2 in the beginning of the episode that was skipper past time. EVERYONE CAN SHUT UP NOW THANK YOU WHITE FOX!
Jul 20, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2011
Overall a nice episode. That "walking in" was unnecessary (not that i mind seeing Mine there..), got enough MC's that don't know how to knock. Though often simply locking would also help, especially with bathrooms.

Nice how Tatsumi simply let go of his sword, but his idea of simply holding that guy was stupid. How about punching him in the stomach or groin? It only worked that way because that guy was too busy hammering at Tatsumis back (with rather weak blows apparently) instead of breaking Tatsumis nose with his knee or letting himself fall, so he is both out of the way of Mine's shot, and can throw Tatsumi off - maybe even on Mine, given that she was behind that guy. For a "master", he sure was stupid.
Jul 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
That Koukenji master who dodges bullets but can't seem to get rid of a kid who grabbed him also made me chuckle in the manga.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2014
I think Mine may become one of my favorite characters. That face when she got flicked in the head xD. Amazing third episode. These go by too fast.
Jul 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
The animation and art is so fucking bad for something made in 2014. I love the manga and the first 2 episodes art and animation weren't so bad but man... That was bad.

Regret giving it a 4/5
Dropping down to 2/5
"Hi!"
Jul 20, 2014 2:10 PM
Feb 2014
AnimageNeby said:

Duri1n said:

Hmm... that doesn't seem like very logical. Why would that need to be the conclusion? One could, for instance, as well claim that the fact that you don't like the manga/anime, is your fault.

In fact, that seems the most obvious. It's the observer who's at fault for liking or not liking something, after all, since the 'liking'-aspect is subjective in nature, and thus, is due to the subject who watches or reads it.

It eludes me why you think it would be *the manga's fault* that you don't like it. Do you blame the sun as well if you don't like daylight?

Argh, I'm not very good at these kind things, so forgive me if I sound illogical.

I have no idea why I even began blaming anything xp... I should rephrase that statement then. ***Since I'm not liking the STORY so far, I guess it's probably the manga I don't like rather than White Fox's work. ugh... sounds awkward... ah, basically, I don't like the story of Akame ga Kill SO FAR. No need to point fingers or whatever.

(If u refer to my original post tho, I was just giving my thoughts xp... that's why I asked Techim why needing to blame someone was even relevant... -_-... but that sounds like an excuse, so I'll just admit I was illogical for a moment there in my previous post...sorry)
Jul 20, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2014
AnimageNeby said:
It eludes me why you think it would be *the writer's fault* that you don't like it.
ftfy

Media isn't immune to criticism unlike physical laws! Of course the observer "is at fault" especially when the writer's goal is entertain said observer or at least satisfy them.
Jul 20, 2014 2:18 PM
Feb 2013
As a small aside-commentary on human nature, I thought the scene with Lubbock and that woman was a bit much. It was a pity, though, indeed. She looked damn cute. You don't see many shounen manga/anime where characters are so brutally and permanently disposed off, and certainly not when they're cute.

But the point is: most men in that situation would simply rape her. Or maybe, rape her and than kill her, if you're a pervy assassin. Well, technically, it wouldn't be rape since she said she'd do 'anything', albeit one can wonder how much 'willingness' is in it, if it's to save your life. Then again, she can't complain because she tried to kill him as well. Anyway: he didn't do it, even when he had the chance (and he's portrayed as a pervy character), yet he kills her and than sighs 'what a waste'. Dunno. Found that a bit...strange.

I know it's explained as him not trusting it and 'a friend died because he was seduced by a woman'...but since she was totally captured by his threads and quite defenceless (and he could keep her that way), it's strange he didn't go for it.

One could also argue he has high morals and ethics, but...you know, he killed her. It's doubtful she preferred to be killed above being fucked. And one can hardly argue it's better to kill than to fuck, morally.

Also...if that were the usual mode of operandi, namely killing someone and not giving a chance to convert, then the ninja-chick would never have become part of the group neither. So why there and then, and not here and now, in this situation?
Jul 20, 2014 2:24 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Anyway, on a side note, the best anime/manga reviewer on Youtube imo did a review of this episode, and it amazes me to see how he can easily pick up on all the things me and all of the other fans here have been trying to point out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGoiM7TEiw

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and response to it.
VudisJul 22, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 20, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2014
AnimageNeby said:
One could also argue he has high morals and ethics, but...you know, he killed her. It's doubtful she preferred to be killed above being fucked. And one can hardly argue it's better to kill than to fuck, morally.
Oh, the main cast are shown in a sympathetic light and always have a righteous cause for murdering. Yet again, the show pretends to be "dark" and have "gray morality" and its as binary as they come. Our hero mercifully kills a pretty woman, a villain would unapologetically rape and torture his victims for days. Gee, I wonder who's on the "good" side.

They are an assassin squad, hiring new members to the revolution's cause is not their care. (not like it matter anyways, just enjoy the blood and mook slaying)
Jul 20, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
High level amusement. Way to go! ^^
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1213 by deanglz »»
Aug 27, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.