Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they didn't waste time this episode explaining some of the abilities of the Night Raid.

Bulat is awesome there. He looks so different in that wanted poster :p
I notice they added the anime original part with Mein trying to shoot Tatsumi after he walked in on her. They did adapt the part of their 'date' though. And although I find Mein annoying sometimes, her abilities are pretty awesome.

Stark700Jul 20, 2014 9:12 AM
Jul 20, 2014 8:30 AM
May 2013
was the episode well adapted just asking
Jul 20, 2014 8:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they didn't waste time this episode explaining some of the abilities of the Night Raid.

Balut is awesome there. He looks so different in that wanted poster :p
I notice they added the anime original part with Mein trying to shoot Tatsumi after he walked in on her. They did adapt the part of their 'date' though. And although I find Mein annoying sometimes, her abilities are pretty awesome.

So they did add /that/ scene in this episode then?
Jul 20, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
Tokoya said:

The operation/date between Mein and Tatsumi was adapted scene by scene from chapter 4. They added some scenes when Mein tried to shoot Tatsumi and left a hole in their base after he accidentally walked in on her. I almost thought he would of died
Jul 20, 2014 9:07 AM
May 2014
So did they add the missing part of chapter 2 or no? Are they just going to not adapt it?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 20, 2014 9:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Tokoya said:

The operation/date between Mein and Tatsumi was adapted scene by scene from chapter 4. They added some scenes when Mein tried to shoot Tatsumi and left a hole in their base after he accidentally walked in on her. I almost thought he would of died
I was referring to the scene that they omitted last week, but I'm watching it now.....They DID add it to this episode like some of us thought they would :DDDD

No reason to bitch anymore, White Fox, you did good
Jul 20, 2014 9:12 AM
May 2014
@Tokiya

Yesss fucking awesome worries on that part are gone. Now to see if they're still using the horriblle half assed staff that worked on the two previous episodes.
Jul 20, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
Stark700 said:

I was referring to the scene that they omitted last week, but I'm watching it now.....They DID add it to this episode like some of us thought they would :DDDD

No reason to bitch anymore, White Fox, you did good

Just as planned. Wonderful!
Jul 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
We still haven't seen Leone's transformation :|
My Candies:
Jul 20, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
I always thought Rabac's way of killing seemed quite torturous, to have strings digging into your body like that, providing a slow, painful death. Ouch.
Jul 20, 2014 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
The action scenes in this episode were nice. Mine is pretty badass with that gun. Her and Tatsumi are really funny together.
Jul 20, 2014 9:38 AM

May 2013
A hole through the chest. Although that shot also got some of Tatsumi's head lol. Tatsumi and Mine will get along just fine.

Mar 2014
I really like the name Pumpkin for an imperial arm,
that fight with the koukenji master was weak, I like last weeks fight better
(I did lol at the struggle between him and tatsumi though).
Average episode.

BTW: totally agree with lubbock "This job really sucks at times like this".
#neverforget random intruder girl.
Also hate being reminded of sayo..... makes me sad.
zunderdog24Jul 20, 2014 9:45 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24

Apr 2009
The only reason I was interested in watching this show is the action, and the action is constantly off screen or done in still frames. Pick it up already, White Fox.
Jul 20, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2012
Anybody who was bitching about it not adapting that beggining scene before, have no complaints now do they, lol , so far so good, there doing a great adaptation hope they keep it up.
Jul 20, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2010
Such a great episode. AgK continues to solidify itself as the best battle shounen to date.
Jul 20, 2014 10:07 AM
May 2014
Great episode, well adapted now I can't wait for it to start getting to the big stuff after

Jul 20, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
Wow so much bloodshed in here, it feels so good for some reason, just hope they don't censored stuff in the series. The action scenes are entertaining to watch :D.

Night Raids are pretty much an OP squad, or team, they are pretty merciful tbh. I like the interactions between Mine and Tatsumi, lucky that he got a nice view from Mine.

Wow the Minister and his lord are really corrupted, not showing any feelings to those people, instead they are a-holes. Another villain coming buy at the end, nice decapitation slice :D.

Jul 20, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
Much better episode than the first two. I've been quite disappointed so far but it's looking to turn around now.

Seryuu fanboy cannot wait for Seryuu.
Nop.
Jul 20, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2009
>using Imperial Arm instead Teigu
Fuck CR.
Jul 20, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
Is it weird I find this anime cute in a grotesque sort of way? I don't even know if that made sense.
It was an ok episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 20, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2014
antonn said:
Such a great episode. AgK continues to solidify itself as the best battle shounen to date.

Eh sorry but that belongs to Hunter x hunter :3 I don't think any shonen can beat that.

Ahh Tastsumi was so cute dreaming about Braht! xD
I like Mein's character a lot and her power is nice! Really enjoying this series, oh oh and Braht's design when he was in the army is awesome! Dat hair! He's so HANDSOME! XD

Jul 20, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
I was expecting this anime to be a lot darker, but it's actually quite funny. I like it.

Also, Mine is best girl; who doesn't love a "genius sniper" tsundere.

4/5
Jul 20, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
The comedy was nice in this episode.. It is enjoyable alright but I kinda feel this is really generic(like that scene Tatsumi holds a master in Kungfu for so long, like the guy couldn't break free??? omg lame) can't see anything special about this. Well maybe later on this lives up to the hype... really hope so.
vedatsvetJul 20, 2014 10:56 AM
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 20, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep :D

They put the invasion at the start. It was actually nice. Loved Mine's long distance shot. Awesome stuff.

Dat Mine fan service :3 And nice date ^^ Loved Mine in maid uniform(?) <3

Three flags noticed in one ep :3

Dat sniping!! Mine is BA! Loving her interactions with Tatsumi :3
Jul 20, 2014 10:45 AM

Jun 2013
The teamwork of all the assassins is very good, it was pretty funny when Tatsumi was with mine buying her all those things. There is a fair amount of comedy so far which I was not expecting but I like it a lot.
Jul 20, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2012
Aww, they didn't adapt the manga wheel. Well, I guess there were plenty of reasons why they didn't do that.
Jul 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
Another great episode. Also liked how they added in some scenes like Mine and Tatsumi saving that girl from the bullies. That fight at the beginning was awesome. Night Raid obliterated the invaders. The "mission" with Mine was hilarious.

Was I the only one who thought DBZ when Tatsumi held that guy for Mine to shoot through him?

Overall good episode, though I think they kinda censored that public execution scene, but not too much. Can't wait for next week's ep with the series' first teigu battle.
Jul 20, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2012
Henkka said:
Aww, they didn't adapt the manga wheel. Well, I guess there were plenty of reasons why they didn't do that.

Yeah I was hoping they'd adapt that too, oh well. Teigu's are introduced now (or Imperial Arms) so things will start heating up. Couldn't remember that Rabac scene from the manga, was that anime-only?
Jul 20, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2012
Ah, adaptation is all good, what I meant that there was a scene from a manga where Mine threatened to banish Tatsumi to another manga series using a roulette wheel. :)

Wolfiexe said:
Yeah I was hoping they'd adapt that too, oh well. Teigu's are introduced now (or Imperial Arms) so things will start heating up. Couldn't remember that Rabac scene from the manga, was that anime-only?

It also happened in manga if I recall right.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and merged double post.
VudisJul 22, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 20, 2014 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
Henkka said:

Ah, adaptation is all good, what I meant that there was a scene from a manga where Mine threatened to banish Tatsumi to another manga series using a roulette wheel. :)

Im sorry I remember what your talking about, that scene from the manga was hilarious
Jul 20, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
So that's the Minister. Someone must stop that evil guy.

New character being introduced. Guess there's a lot of Imperial Arm User that they need to face in the future.
Jul 20, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
nice 2 c a anime that will actually a female if shes the enemy none of this honour or pride or wat ever 2 mask their sexism
Jul 20, 2014 11:10 AM
Jan 2011
Well, it looks like Mine isn't a master sniper for nothing.
Jul 20, 2014 11:13 AM
Jul 2014
Sugoii!! They finally slowed down the pacing, and they included the intruders' scene too. Now i feel bad for spoiling that part to non manga readers, i thought they weren't gonna animate it. Episode 3 was awesome
Jul 20, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty good episode. Glad to see they eventually did chpt 2 :) Though I wished they do those still shots a little less... I like them but still it's kinda annoying sometimes . 4/5
Jul 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
The minister might be bad but that kid emperor or whatever his title is, is just as sick... I thought he was the minister at first ^^"
Jul 20, 2014 11:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode was pretty well adapted. People are complaining too much. They're doing an ok job with this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2008
Lyrisia said:
The minister might be bad but that kid emperor or whatever his title is, is just as sick... I thought he was the minister at first ^^"

The emperor is a naive and sheltered moron. Honestly hope he dies in the revolution. He's spoiled goods
Jul 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
I found the king intriguing....if it's not too much to ask, can a mangareader tell me if there are any possibilites of him being actually and willingly/consciously evil/sadistic and all this being a facade?
Jul 20, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't remember that the first few episodes were a bit worse. xD

I can't wait for the epic moments
Jul 20, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2011
The OST in this series amazes me.
Jul 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
WhipItGood said:
I found the king intriguing....if it's not too much to ask, can a mangareader tell me if there are any possibilites of him being actually and willingly/consciously evil/sadistic and all this being a facade?

He is just a sheltered child left in the influence of a bastard who shapes him in such a way as to keep power
Jul 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
WhipItGood said:

he is just a pawn of the true ruler, the prime minister.
it is very similar to the earth king during the avatar series, he didnt know what the heck was going outside his palace on, till they barged in.
or similar to the last few kings of the chinese dynasty, practically the enunches got the power.
or the japanese king (?) didnt play a role during the 2. world war untill reading the capitulation
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
One of the few complaints I have for this series is all the stupid tropes. Like why the hell does a tsundere get a rifle/vaporizer?
Jul 20, 2014 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
I have not watched the episode but it looks like they included the invader scene. Fuck ya! I knew they would include it!!!!

White Fox seems to be doing great with this series so far and the impressions this episode were much more positive than last week's. Good stuff.
Jul 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
so glad they animated the base infiltration scene that was apparently left out. i like nothing more than an adaptation true to the manga. episode was good.
Jul 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
Ohoo, enemy assassins have infiltrated their territory after sniffing their base's location out.

LOL, at Bulat asking Tatsumi to call him "Bro/Handsome" XD.

That "Incursio" thing was really awesome :O

The coat Tatsumi's wearing reminds of a doctor's lab coat or something lol.

Akame's strikes were so fast they couldn't see her, how awesome is that!

Um... Mine's gun doesn't seem to fit the time period they're in... and of course it disintegrated him lol...

Lubbock didn't fall for her charms, SACRE BLEU, what's happening?!

Tatsumi... I'm starting to fear the fact that you're going down a different path concerning your sexual orientation...

Tatsumi... your leader is trying to make you fall into a trap, I can sense this kind of things...

I won't say "I told you so".

Poor girl T.T

Now that's what I call a serious change of image XD.

This looks like a date/be her gopher kind of thing to be honest.

Mine blushed a lil bit, that's a good thing.

LOL, so the lil kid is the lord and the old guy the minister that gives stinking advice.

Freaking stupid kid that listens to whatever that fat and old minister says. I think that his wife is going to be the minister's dinner or something.

Well... killing that lord was pretty easy it seems.

Awww, Mine had a really sad childhood and past /sad face. Mine... you just had to ruin the moment with your greedy desires?

I was thinking Tatsumi would be able to beat that martial artist on his own... meh... now he's missing some hair lol.

I can't wait for the next episode with the fight against that creepy guy to be out!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 20, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2014
Still bad comedic times, still trying to sell its "dark" setting all the while trying to have fluffy slice of life scenes and a loli tsundere.

The action was a nice fix, but is badly interrupted by the comedy.

2/5
Jul 20, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
The first two episodes were better. Mine is an annoying character and too much of comedy, I thought it was a dark shounen. The next episode looks interesting.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.