Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 24, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Well that was.... anti-climatic.

I expect their last song to be better than Snow Halation but meh.. even the encore song is better.

It's an okay episode though, if there's one thing worth noticing is how they've come so far from performing in front of an almost empty auditorium to a packed audience shouting encore. I can at least understand Honoka's feelings.
Jun 25, 2014 12:14 AM

Nov 2013

*cough~ I spat my tea...
was half expecting Chiya from Gochiusa to shows up there~

Next week is the last week >;

-ERROR 404-
-Cannot find Plot Server-
Jun 25, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2009
season 1's op. damn. that encore feels.
this show has really turned out to be something special. honaka's dad is honaka's no. 1 fan haha. those manly tears.
Jun 25, 2014 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
When I started watching this anime, not even in my wildest of imaginations I thought this would turn out to be one of the most moving anime in recent time. Absolutely loved this season and I am ready to accept that all good things must come to an end. Just that, I will miss it, badly. :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 26, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
Hands down one of the best episode I've seen from this series!! Immediate 5/5 for this episode!! :)
Jun 27, 2014 6:56 PM
Nov 2012
OrangeRafi said:

Finale will probably be the graduation of the third years plus u's performing on their school. The performance will probably be the season 2 OP. the background of the OP resembles a japanese school gymnasium.

Good call, I bet you're right. I love that they ended the episode with the S1 OP but wouldn't their getting an encore be incredibly unfair to the other teams? ;)
Jun 28, 2014 4:44 PM

Feb 2013
Finally, an above-average episode.

They did a decent job building for the performance... then delivered 2. It kind of sucks we don't get to see anybody else's performances though.
Jun 30, 2014 3:28 AM

Aug 2008
Thought it was their last performance,and then...ENCORE!ENCORE!

That was epic.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 30, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
"Who do you think I am?" K-Kamina?? xD
Sleepover time!!

Dat crying father T_T
Bokura wa Ima no Naka de!!
"Signature removed"
Jul 3, 2014 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Their final concert together as Muse.
That audience was huge compared to their first one way back in the first season.
Jul 6, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2007
O.o the dresses al µ's used in the concer are really cute!! I want to have one!
Jul 9, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2011
There aren't many lights around the school? Yeah, right...

That's quite a step up from that first performance to an empty auditorium.

And Bokura wa ima no naka de is so much better than that first song they sang.

Onto the final episode
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 10, 2014 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
I don't even really know what to say at this point. I could feel my eyes watering up during their performance, my eyes could barely hold back when the crowd started cheering for an encore, and when Honoka recalled the words she said during their Start Dash, I lost it and the tears wouldn't stop. I love how they incorporated season 1's opening into this episode. Honoka's dad always gets me, when it showed his tears I was just like "damn you're making it harder to stop myself."

Truly a 10/10 episode, Muses's feelings connected to me.
Jul 11, 2014 5:57 PM
Nov 2012
Honoka's father... What a man...
Jul 19, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
SweetKotomi said:
Another great episode and full of tears. Building up the episode by having them spend their last night together as idols and reminiscent of their time together as well. Then in the final minutes of the episode the tears begin to drop. It's sad seeing the girls cry because they will no longer be idols, but it was a fun and memorable time for them.

LongLive Muse~

It's not as though they will stop being idols, they will be idols but won't go under the name of MUSE.Maki-chan and others made it clear in Ep-11. Idols forever and Muse ftw.
Jul 24, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2008
What a great way to wrap this episode up with the opening of season 1!

They started from the bottom and now they're here :')
The outfits of their first performance was really cute! AND A-RISE CAME TO CHEER FOR THEM!!! God this episode was amazing.

Muse forever~
Aug 8, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
Honoka's dad is proud. I think he's a fan of school idols.
Aug 20, 2014 11:02 AM

Feb 2014
Honoka's Dad's manly tears strike again.
It was an OK episode for me. I thought all the mushy talk throughout the first half until they got to the venue was a little overkill. Aika-chan from Aria would freak out if she heard all those embarrassing remarks.
Sep 21, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode, I wasn't expecting it but the song in the end got me again like previous episode did.

Their first song was ok but to end with OP was really good idea! Yes, it's nothing new and they did that intentionally - simply because they knew we grew used to that song and like it.
The impact was massive.

This and many other small details, heartwarming moments and clever camera angles in this episode made it almost perfect.
Sep 30, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
yea Kira-Kira sensation

we know that it's a good song
but try listening to this one version

abgSep 30, 2014 2:06 PM
Nov 3, 2014 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
Here comes the feels again.
Great episode, the public asking for an encore was the best thing that they could had done.
Mar 23, 2015 10:20 PM
Mar 2015
Good episode, though i kind of liked two previous songs more than their final one. I guess, they were more atmospheric and magical for me. Honoka's parents are so cool and what a dedicated father!
Mar 23, 2015 10:30 PM
Mar 2015
I laughed at the part where Hanayo is saying: "Stars are visible because there arent that many lights near the school." and when they go to the rooftop the whole citiy is lighted with myriad coloured sparkles! Yeah, right, no lights at all XD
Apr 27, 2015 1:03 AM

Oct 2014
That was awesome and they played the opening song of the first season!!!! Sounds and looks the best out of all songs. And Honokas Dad is the best as well :D
May 25, 2015 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
YAS SEASON 1 OP IM SO ALIVE
Aug 10, 2015 6:53 PM
Jan 2010
Watching them preforming encore on stage and hearing song from season 1 again i just felt so proud, i legit do not remember when was the last time some anime characters moved me like this, and the moment when Honoka remembered their first entrance on empty stage, man, so....many.....feelz
5/5 no brainer
Aug 16, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing final set at the Love Live competition for the girls. It was just perfect especially with the encore at the end. I'm not gonna lie. I got hit with the feels real hard when the original OP, Bokura wa Ima no Naka de, came on (by far my favorite Love Live song). This second season was soooooooo good. I can't wait for the movie.
Oct 31, 2015 1:30 AM

Jan 2015
Haven't watched Love Live! in a while because I don't want the series to end ;_;
I decided to finish it today though and this episode was brilliant! Damn, I didn't cry as much as Honoka's dad but I definitely did cry!

Kamina > http://i.imgur.com/eNVoLGZ.jpg?1
Honoka's Dad is bad-ass > http://i.imgur.com/pyvywPt.jpg?1
True men cry > http://i.imgur.com/NiYmIj1.jpg?1
Jan 9, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2010
Great episode! Loved it as much as the previous one!
Jun 16, 2016 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
-Wow that was really fast, they're already at the Love Live
-The scenes in front of the school after their final practice and at the shrine were much more subdued than the ones at the end of last episode, which is actually really nice. Come to think of it, those scenes in the first half of this episode embody a much greater sense of "moving on" than the scenes at the end of the last episode, so maybe that was what they were going for. Kinda like they weren't too keen about splitting up but have come to terms with it more between the end of last episode and the beginning of this episode. The final third of last episode was kind of awkward to watch but the awkwardness sorta makes sense after watching this episode. I might even say that the scenes from this episode were made more powerful because of the awkwardness. This show generally does a pretty good job with showing progression, and it kinda reminds me of Chihayafuru in that regard.
-Roof scene blankets were color coded by year. Nothing too impactful on the episode, but it was just something I noticed.
-The roof scene was lovely, especially the montage of all of the prominent secondary characters.
-Seeing the Love Live stage makes me think they're gonna perform Bokura wa Ima no Naka de.
- Makes me happy to see their first fans being so loyal, and I absolutely loved the reference to the second years' first performance in the first season (http://i.imgur.com/QqBRrks.png). In fact all of their supporters' entrances to the Love Live are all pretty great, and seeing Honoka's dad being so supportive is always something that made me smile (http://i.imgur.com/J77M3FY.png).
-Pre-concert pep talk was pretty great, and they did the thing they did in the last episode of the first season
-The CGI during their Love Live performance suited their outfits pretty nicely actually
-Yeah that scene between KiRa KiRa Sensation and Bokura wa Ima no Naka de was the embodiment of how the scenes at the end of the last episode should have been. However, once again, it might be because the scenes from last episode were so weird that the scene backstage seemed so moving.
-The glimpses of the supporting characters in the audience calling for an encore was a clear reference to the last episode of the first season, especially Honoka's dad in the first season finale (http://i.imgur.com/AtE6eYG.png) and the second time the camera pans to the chanting audience (http://i.imgur.com/D61WPTP.png). The added detail of his mouth makes it seems he's trying to hold back more tears in this episode than the one in season 1, which is actually pretty adorable.
-The voiceover of what Honoka told Eli after their nearly-empty auditorium performance in episode 3 was the icing of the scene. This reference to the beginning made the scene all the more lovely.
-Wow, they actually did perform Bokura wa Ima no Naka de. Bonus points since the song has really grown on me after watching the first season (kinda like the group as a whole). Bonus bonus points since they coincided the credits for the song at the moment that μ's was lined up for the encore. The lyrics are also pretty relevant to them being at the Love Live stage.
-I've noted this multiple times before but I absolutely love how loyal their first fans are, even bringing the set of costumes that μ's used in the first OP. I don't think I've admired supporting characters this much in any anime I've seen before.

Amazing episode, my favorite so far. Looking forward to a certain element of the final episode that I spoiled myself about by looking up Love Live stuff before watching the anime.

EDIT: I noticed something about the reference near the end of this episode to S1E8.

Not only are they in the exact same order standing around the circle in both episodes, but also the camera angle in this episode is antiparallel to the camera angle used in S1E8. The scene in this episode was part of a montage during their last official performance as a group (in the show, at least), while the scene in S1E8 was part of a montage during their first official performance as a group.
ThreePercentJun 19, 2016 10:15 PM
Jan 1, 2017 5:05 AM

Nov 2011
Sad, romantic and full of music, good to see the opening of the first series in the final. There was less emotional transportation in this episode, but the story was the same beautiful, pity that the song used for the Love Live, is not as beautiful as I imagined; I find that the opening is much better. Drawings and animations, good. The characters in this anime, are unique in their roles, it's hard to replace them with other characters. Nice the night spent by the protagonists in the school.
Jan 22, 2017 11:42 PM

Nov 2016
WONDERFUL!!! OMGGGG the way Honoka remembered what she said on their first performance how it all came back to her... and the opposite is happening THE FEELS

i really love how their encore performance is the season 1 OP.. aaa it all makes sense now... im crying oso much T_T

This was so beautiful aaaaaa perfect
Jan 23, 2017 5:39 AM

May 2014
The first OP was their best song IMO. Great choice for the last song.
Seriously, this anime describes so well how you feel when you see the ending of something big in your life near... but am I the only one who thinks they overdo it?

Van- said:
Honoka's father... What a man...
The only man xD
Feb 15, 2017 12:43 PM

Sep 2014
I think we already knew Eri was afraid of darkness. Poor girl xD
I liked Niko's parts in this episode. You can really see how her attitude changed during the whole series.

Not sure if they'll win Love Live since there was no official result at the end, but the audience wanting an encore à la School of Rock is already a great victory and a dream come true.
Apr 15, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
The audience asking for an encore catching them totally off-guard really got to me... It felt so incredibly genuine, and they didn't expect to perform an encore because they were humble right up until the end.

Also loved that it was the first season opening. This entire episode just completely ruined me.
Apr 17, 2017 6:01 AM

Apr 2015
Dayum they performed the first OP.

Next is the last episode. I need to prepare tissues just in case.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 3, 2017 6:34 PM
Jul 2016
The episode name could´ve just as well been "First Live" instead of "Last Live" since they didn´t participated in the previous one, even though this will be their first and last one togheter. Heh x´D

That encore/season 1 opening song is the best one that I will always think of first whenever I think about Love Live! in the future. Beautiful beautiful episode. Will the next episode top it?
HilariumosisJul 22, 2017 3:18 PM
Jun 30, 2017 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
So the last performance, it was very good and speceal for everyone, too much feels at the end
Sep 29, 2017 4:36 AM

Aug 2013
The first OP as the encore. 10/10. Good performance.

Nico didn't mess up on the draw. Good job. Honoka's father crying lol. What a guy.

Nov 2, 2017 6:56 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was great.
I never seen Honoka so determinated and Nico,being well Nico, that's why we all love Nico haha.
and the crowd wanting an Encore, was pretty nice, one more episode to go!
Nov 2, 2017 4:55 PM
May 2017
Loved this episode! Kinda emotional. Muse had a lot of determination to win Love Live. It's kinda ironic how they used the OPENING as the ENDING for this episode. And A-RISE was there!
Dec 23, 2017 6:48 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, I absolutely loved how they tied in the first intro there. After watching season one I thought them being at Love Live in the intro, as well as crunchy roll choosing a shot of the girls in those outfits at Love Live as the thumbnail for the finale (initially thought it was not just an intro screenshot), was just me getting baited. But it turns out I was just getting double baited thinking that they would never actually perform in those outfits at Love Live! Brilliant how they brought it together like that.
Jan 5, 2018 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
Honokas dad again being all teary eye, most emotional one in the family next to Honoka

well as i see it keeping u's name alive would honor the ones leaving that's why i say disbanding is wrong choice
Jan 5, 2018 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
Sleepover at school for their last practice and seeing the stars and city at night :'(
ENCORE
Aug 8, 2018 1:28 AM
Jun 2016
Watched the twelfth episode of the second season of the original Love Live series. I had goosebumps when I saw them wearing the outfits for "Bokura wa Ima no Naka de." I was like: "HELL YEAH THEY'LL BE SINGING THE OPENING OF THE FIRST SEASON!" (even though I've listened to that song countless of times already).
Dec 13, 2018 6:16 PM

May 2016
It took me nearly a year since March to just go through this particular season just because I felt that I have to be in a particularly special mood to watch it but it's like it went so fast. I was happy that they were cheerily practicing as always but when Hanayo pointed out that it will be most likely their last practice session together, it became bittersweet. It's great that they maximized all the time they had left by having a sleepover very much like their previous trips.

I didn't anticipate that they actually just performed in Love Live this quickly, or more like I couldn't deal with the fact that they're finally singing their swan song because I've grown really attached to them. I definitely felt a very kira-kira sensation when they sang.

Everyone asking for an encore in such an important event made me cry because this is how far they've come from an empty auditorium. I didn't expect them to perform the opening from season 1 as their encore but it was awesome. It made so much sense that I wonder how I didn't think of that happening earlier ♡

May 23, 2019 6:49 AM

Dec 2018
I'm not crying, you're crying!
Jun 18, 2019 7:02 AM

Apr 2018
Well nice to see her dream coming true. The support they got is unrreal. Ohh the season 1 op one of the best songs prob the best so far
Jul 18, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2016
I was like this through out most of the episode.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

190 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 27, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.