Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jul 26, 2015 1:55 PM

May 2015
I felt like the girl should've ended up in the void.
Aug 7, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
how do we know they both got reincarnated? :0
Aug 7, 2015 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
"I'm glad that we died" never in my life I imagined hearing something like that. I can't believe one of them has to go to the void or should go to the void. What if both of them get reincarnated?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 11, 2015 1:41 PM
Sep 2009
Gunism said:
I felt like the girl should've ended up in the void.

Why? She didn't do anything bad. It's not like she made a surgery to stalk and lie to the guy. It's not even her who approached him.

She did nothing wrong.

Both deserved to go to heaven and I'm glad to discover that such option exists.

Though game concept felt underwhelming.
Sep 12, 2015 10:25 AM
Oct 2013
damn that was deep,never couldve guessed the thruth this show is amazing
Sep 13, 2015 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
The FEELZ.

piepal125 said:
how do we know they both got reincarnated? :0

You can tell who got sent to heaven or hell by the face above the elevator when it closes on them.
Oct 7, 2015 8:55 AM

Feb 2014
Naww that episode was so sweet. I'm glad they both got reincarnated. I kinda predicted that the girl was actually Mai though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
What I understand from few comment is being reincarnated good. Why? Void sounds like hell but reincarnation doesn't look like heaven. You'll loose all memories once you're reincarnated, right? Your "soul" will exist but yourself won't.(SfE)
Oct 22, 2015 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
Imagine if they hadn't have that bus accident, Shigeru was about to talk to Mai, they were about to reconcile and probably have a loong real talk, since he knew all about the plastic surgery, and why it was done for him to notice her from their childhood memories, added he also has a good heart and would acknowledge the fact that he will eventually reciprocate her feelings, and who knows they might've ended up living as a real couple, dating, marrying and stuff.... Maan this anime just tugs you at the most emotional place possible ...
Oct 23, 2015 3:18 PM

May 2015
nice XD
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Nov 2, 2015 1:43 PM

May 2014
Quite the good episode, got a good ending with both getting reincarnated.
Else this anime as a whole isn't really living up to my expectations, I believe I am too quick to judge so I'll wait some more :p
Good episode though, and that assistant is hot :o
Nov 8, 2015 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
lol she had a plastic surgery ewww.

Nov 29, 2015 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this series was supposed to make me give up on the world, but instead they suckerpunched me with them feels ;(

Dec 5, 2015 10:41 AM

May 2015
So it's possible for both to be reincarnated or both to go to the void? It's not always that one goes to the void and one is reincarnated? If that's the case then the dude in the last episode should have burned.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 11, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
great episode bowling time
chillhood friends and both reincarnated
Dec 16, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode!

That smile though! :D

Dec 17, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2008
The two are meant to be. <3
HEY!
Dec 24, 2015 12:36 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Another great episode. Nice to see that both of them gets reincarnated. There's hope in humanity! Lol at Decim saying whether or no 5 mins is enough.

5/5
Dec 30, 2015 9:30 PM

May 2015
NotoriousNick said:
Great episode!

That smile though! :D

Agreed. That smile is golden.
Jan 2, 2016 9:12 AM
Mar 2013
Loving this Anime, but I found a problem with the concept in the anime, actually not in the anime but the system of void and reincarnation.

If a soul can be reincarnated or go to the void, there will be a life (a reincarnation) that will do something awful and go to the void, so it doesn't matter if someone has a happy ending in one reincarnation, eventually in one of their reincarnation they will do something stupid (like the lady in the first episode) and will be send to the void, and if the void doens't have a "come back" that means even if some one has done great in many reincarnations, if they make one mistake they will be send to the void, but since this is the 3 episode and they didn't said the void was forever, I will finish the anime before coming to any conclusion.
Jan 3, 2016 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
I like to think Decim's joke had the implication of those two having a "quickie" rather than a full date before departing.
Jan 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2013
DeathScyth31 said:
Loving this Anime, but I found a problem with the concept in the anime, actually not in the anime but the system of void and reincarnation.

If a soul can be reincarnated or go to the void, there will be a life (a reincarnation) that will do something awful and go to the void, so it doesn't matter if someone has a happy ending in one reincarnation, eventually in one of their reincarnation they will do something stupid (like the lady in the first episode) and will be send to the void, and if the void doens't have a "come back" that means even if some one has done great in many reincarnations, if they make one mistake they will be send to the void, but since this is the 3 episode and they didn't said the void was forever, I will finish the anime before coming to any conclusion.

Life isn't fair guess . It doesn't even make sense to judge anyone in the first place because you gotta live with what you are born. If you have a "defective" brain that's a major disadvantage for you.
Jan 25, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2015
im conflicted on this, still love the show and everything. I mean neither of them really did anything wrong they are just weak and shallow souls. she gave in to changing her outward appearance to catch the guy she wanted, but he even though he knew she changed herself was still interested in her. . . so yes he's shallow first, but second priority is personality, which i guess just makes him human. if they showed he didnt care at all who she was on the inside it should have turned out different. being a little flawed isnt that bad as far as the guy goes, but isnt the girl kinda crazy to go through plastic surgery just to catch his eye? and to obsess over it her whole life lol...again she did some kind of extreme stuff there but ultimately there was no real deception or harm done.

so, weird girl, typical guy, i admire the episode for exploring where the "line" is between condemnation and reincarnation. and i admire it even further i had to sit down and process how exactly i felt about it and the ending haha.

edit:i do find it laughable that people thought of this as a "healing" episode haha. meaning none of the choices the characters made or the way they made them in the least bit phased them and it seems like a perfectly happy episode and nothing psychological to process lol.
LegoMyBentoJan 25, 2016 8:06 AM
Feb 4, 2016 3:30 AM
Apr 2015
them feels.

happy that they both goth reincarnated in the end. i thought that it's only one or the other.
Feb 25, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2014
Even they both are gonna be reincarnated, I'm still feeling sad. For them, for everybody who die before living to its fullest! I hope we will not encounter anymore young, polite, well-mannered people, as it makes me really sad knowing they are dead!
Mar 27, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2012
DeathScyth31 said:

I like where this is going...
We could even get some kind of grand finale ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What if those people aren't actually playing against each other but rather against themselves? If on some level they'll win over who they used to be then they "deserve" reincarnation?
The girl won with herself by accepting herself the way she was?
The boy won with himself by accepting his faith (death) even though he really wanted to live now that he found love?

After this episode I will be much more sceptical while processing the frames and I definitely won't believe a word Decim says.
Did you all see how he was joking? He's a psycho.
At this point I could even believe we're watching some sick experiments, drug induced hallucinationn or rather both.
Apr 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2015
Oh nice. I thought that each time it would have to be '1 person goes to the void and 1 person is reincarnated', so it's good that it can vary based on how a person is.
May 22, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2014
Then bits of their memories returned, I was thinking for sure that she was gonna confess that she was actually a guy or something. xP

I really enjoyed this episode, but it was so sad </3 Glad the pair of them went to heaven. I was sure they would but when they didn't go into the same elevator I was like "Nooooo...?!" when I thought one of them was actually gonna be sent to hell.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jun 8, 2016 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
When they showed the operation, I thought she was a guy too.

Great episode, a nice change of pace.
Jul 7, 2016 6:13 AM

May 2016
The bowling game was really gool, glad they had happy ending lol
Jul 14, 2016 12:08 AM

May 2013
Aww, that was sweet <333 I'm glad things worked out for both of them. It was cute how he asked her out lolol xD

And Decim's joke, LMAO. You got us good, mang.
Aug 8, 2016 8:14 PM

Feb 2016
Great episode.... I thought that one of them would be sent to the void...

Even if they were sent to reincarnation this episode was kind of sad:

Sep 21, 2016 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
lol I thought the big surprise would be that Mai - san was actually a guy and had a gender reassignment surgery and not plastic surgery
Nov 1, 2016 12:59 PM

Jun 2016
Why is everyone so sure they were both reincarnated? Did I miss smoething? Or was something in the dub lost in translation?
Nov 1, 2016 4:18 PM

Jun 2016
bastek66 said:
Both reincarnating? What a surprise - healing episode.
chibiangel_chan said:
It was so heartbreaking watching and thinking that one of the two had to go to the void. I'm so glad that they both got reincarnated
Hikarusuke said:
Very good episode. Both of them deserved a reincarnation they were both honest about everything.

One thing I'm confused about though is that girl was Mia right and not the other girl right?

Why is everyone so sure they were both reincarnated? Did I miss something? Or was something in the dub lost in translation?
Nov 2, 2016 12:29 PM

May 2009
TheDersEffect19 said:
bastek66 said:
Both reincarnating? What a surprise - healing episode.
chibiangel_chan said:
It was so heartbreaking watching and thinking that one of the two had to go to the void. I'm so glad that they both got reincarnated
Hikarusuke said:
Very good episode. Both of them deserved a reincarnation they were both honest about everything.

One thing I'm confused about though is that girl was Mia right and not the other girl right?

Why is everyone so sure they were both reincarnated? Did I miss something? Or was something in the dub lost in translation?

Jesus Christ, MASKS
Nov 2, 2016 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
bastek66 said:
TheDersEffect19 said:

Jesus Christ, MASKS

I assume youre referring to the masks in the elevators. Pardon me for not picking up on that subtle detail. Youre fiery passion for this small aspect of the show is quite admirable.
Nov 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2016
I can't be the only one who fist-bumped when it showed that both of them were being reincarnated.

GREAT episode, I'm loving this series to bits right now.
Nov 18, 2016 3:30 PM

Jun 2016
I thought of something bad for the ending, but it went all good :)
Nov 21, 2016 9:40 AM

Sep 2016
Didn't expected happy ending for those two after watching episode 1 lol Nice episode tho
Nov 25, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
This one was less impressive than the previous ones. Still, it's nice that sometimes the departed can earn themselves a happy ending.

For example, I'm only now starting to imagine how easily the "couple" could have handled this situation much worse. The guy didn't freak out about the surgery, and the girl wasn't going to lie about her identity. I'm happy for them, really.

I'm not really sure the masks above the elevators are clear indicators of the destination of the departed, but I'll accept it for now.
Dec 4, 2016 12:11 PM
Dec 2016
To be really honest... it was pretty boring. I kept expecting some sort of dark twist or something related to their deaths but instead we got this weird surgery thing that none of the characters even really cared about. There was so much build-up with the flashbacks that I expected something at least a /little/ significant to their character.
Dec 13, 2016 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
She always loved him, she changed her face with plastic surgery to look like his first love.
At least they dated after their death, kinda sad.
Dunno why didn't they go to heaven together, none of them did anything wrong.
Jan 7, 2017 11:41 PM

May 2009
Flevalt said:
Ulquiorra said:
She always loved him, she changed her face with plastic surgery to look like his first love.
At least they dated after their death, kinda sad.
Dunno why didn't they go to heaven together, none of them did anything wrong.

They did.
See the "heaven"/reincarnation face here:
http://i.imgur.com/Ie0L09d.jpg

For comparison with the "evil" mask on the left here:
http://i.imgur.com/pyj2B3w.jpg

The evil mask is reincarnation isn't it?
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jan 21, 2017 1:00 AM
Dec 2016
Was a sad episode, I almost cry :(
Jan 25, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2017
I was worried that one of them might attack the other player but noooo. This was a really good episode and I'm really happy that they both got reincarnated.
Sorry for my English.
Feb 3, 2017 2:03 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think I've ever been so worried about side characters before. I was sure it's always one up one down - I'm really happy they both got reincarnation.
Mar 7, 2017 2:00 AM

Jan 2007
Episode 2 left a bad taste with me, but I liked this episode, glad to see that it's confirmed that both can be reincarnated or in one of the next episodes probably sent into the void.
Mar 28, 2017 10:56 AM

May 2016
Ironic episode, loved every second of it, it really made me nervous at sometimes thinking that were gonna fight against each other if they remember something bad that may happened to them when they were alive.
May 15, 2017 9:41 AM

Jul 2008
They both got the white mask, so I guess the white mask is the "good" fate after all.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

599 by Hugsgs »»
May 26, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

839 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.