Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2020 2:12 AM

Jun 2014
So these 2 gangs are coexisting for now, but I'm sure as the show progresses there will be some kind of fallout leading to conflict.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 14, 2020 2:16 AM

May 2018
Better than the first episode. I guess it will devolve into either gang rivalry or straight out gang war between blue and red in the coming episodes
Oct 14, 2020 3:39 AM

Aug 2017
Liked this, but I guess I will decide next episode whether it will stay on my watch list, because so many series are already on my watch list for this season (can't remember the last time I had that many shows to watch in a season) and I'm already quite busy. For now it is pretty enjoyable but I still have some doubts about it.
Oct 14, 2020 3:45 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. This was better than the first one. Still episodic. But with the other gang and their leader introduced ... and both gangs working together ... this episode was better than the previous one where we had the girl that probably isn't going to appear anymore.

Now I guess they will later bring some deeper plot with the drug companies in the background.

Reminded a bit of K with those gangs (clans) and ther leaders (kings). Red guy like Mikoto red haired guy from K lol. On the other hand Durara-like a bit.
Oct 14, 2020 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
Mom can we watch K?
Mom: We have K at home.
K at home: IWGP.
Oct 14, 2020 7:38 AM

Dec 2016
This is the episode I was waiting for. In the trailer they showed Kyouichi's feet, it looked so elegant and pretty, that's the whole reason why I'm watching this ≧∇≦

When Andou took off his coat and started fighting that was cool.

Anyway, in the synopsis it's written that Makoto's gf was killed or something I don't see any sign of that in the story yet...
Rickydory123Oct 14, 2020 7:49 AM
Oct 14, 2020 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
This is why this anime felt a bit familiar to me, this gives off a vibe similar to some action manwhas like Weak Hero, Lookism.

Red angels eh, they seem like a nice bunch too. Thou that archangel guy might be a spy or something.
Oct 14, 2020 11:57 AM

May 2012
Very boring. I felt like going to sleep while watching this anime

Dropped
Oct 14, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2017
I thought things were about to get interesting with the two gangs realising that neither of them were the cause of the OK Holdings issue and work together to find out who it actually was... but no, it all got wrapped up real easy by the end just like in the 1st ep.

I hope thing gets going soon cause I was really looking forward to this anime
Oct 14, 2020 1:17 PM

Sep 2018
The Gay Boys are back at it again, a bit more boring than the first episode too. These mini crimes and their resolutions aren't the most enticing mini stories I've ever seen, that's for sure.
Oct 14, 2020 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
hmm... there's just something missing in this show for me. the animation is great, the characters are likeable and somewhat interesting (they're all kind of cliche at the moment but there's only been 2 eps so far so i'll cut them some slack) and the ost is pretty nice too but idk i just don't feel any passion in this for some reason? like it's just another IP to throw out there and try making some bucks from, idk. maybe it's just the pacing and them trying to make this a sort of episodic format but something just isn't letting me click with this series...
Oct 14, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2018
Now we talking that was a great episode and I like how G-Boys and Red Angels work together and this episode was 10 times better than the last episode but there is one problem in this anime that worries me and that is there is no waifu or girls in those two episodes Goddamn all I see are guys??? and
this anime has a Romance tag??????
overall 7 out of 10
Oct 14, 2020 3:40 PM

Oct 2008
nice episode!
those thugs were no sweat and no match against the leader of Red Angels and especially King!
Doga Kobo's fight animations was great!
5/5.

Oct 14, 2020 6:33 PM

Aug 2015
Take down 5 random hooligans, but then a bazillian more interesting things happen off screen to take down the massive corporation + executives that actually caused the problem in the first place.... Absolutely hilarious that the 5 bad guys were the only ones who WEREN'T in gangs, and there was no serious conflict at all between red and blue before everyone became buddy-buddy.

This is just like episode 1. Taking a real issue and then dumbing it down to ridiculous levels.

Do all the gang leaders just reserve that stage to show off or what?
whitherOct 17, 2020 8:23 PM
Oct 14, 2020 6:58 PM
Oct 2018
Just wanted to comment that this anime is destroying all the bits of heterosexuality that lasted in me after Golden Kamuy... Pretty good, not gonna lie
Akkarin! Hai!
Oct 14, 2020 8:31 PM
Apr 2020
G-Boys and Red Angels teamed up to beat a common enemy. Takashi and Kyouichi are both cool and good at fighting. But, it seems like a gang war is about to happen. So interesting!

Oct 15, 2020 1:30 AM

Jun 2013
Another okay episode, it was better than the last but nothing impressive again.

Also, I hate it when they do that slow motion thing, it hurts my eyes. It isn't smooth at all, the animation is fucking choppy whenever they do that. Like when Kyouichi and his men walked in the hospital, yikes.

So far, I think Isogai is the most interesting character. He reminds me of those super nice guy tropes who have an underlying sick and twisted side.
臭い-
Oct 15, 2020 8:35 AM

Jun 2019
Good episode. Enjoyed it.
Oct 15, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
The episode was a whole a lot better than the first one. Mainly the story in this episode is not too complicated and the simple twist is very welcome. But I agree with many people here that something is missing to make this anime more click with me.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 15, 2020 4:19 PM

Apr 2009
I liked this episode! also I can imagine a lot of yaoi doujinshi will be popping up soon about these characters and series - it certainly has the correct vibe for that
Oct 15, 2020 11:56 PM
Feb 2020
I particularly like this show, probably one of my top 3 to look forward to each week.
I know it said that there's tension between the groups, but I hope the leaders don't end up battling
Oct 16, 2020 3:59 AM

Sep 2020
Man I just can't get enough of that banger OP, probably my favorite OP this season. Also, this episode would've worked better as a first episode imo, because it feels like it fits the theme of the show more with the street brawl and the way they introduced Red Angels. No proper conflict yet, but "the tension is still there". Nice way to end the episode with that line!
Oct 16, 2020 10:38 AM

Jun 2019
It was a cool episode. But I felt it had a really good vibe for a gang anime, right?
Oct 16, 2020 10:57 AM
Mar 2011
I think it's an enjoyable series. By the way, does it follow the novel? Is it supposed to be episodic? I thought there was some kind of plot...
Oct 16, 2020 5:07 PM

Feb 2020
I liked this episode more than the first one. However somehow I think Uchiyama’s voice isn’t suited for King. I like his voice in other anime but I think he makes King kinda dull and boring.
Oct 17, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
Some reference this series to Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, and I can say is quite like that, but sadly the former is still a better show than this overall.

Now it seems as if that this series is off to its formulaic episodic style of adaptation from the novel, seemingly connected stories that are but only an account of the events that happen like many one-shots. Unfortunately, just like Liden Films' "Woodpecker Detective's Office", this does not try to stand out as much as possible, and as such, remains boring.

The G-Boys with King Takashi and fellow friend Makoto, the run-of-the-mill gang people that only acts when things get rough, whether to fraudlent business (like last episode's drug business) and this episode's gang brutality against another rival gang, the Red Angels.

Once again, another fraud business luring around in Ikebukuro, and more character interactions between rival gangs of the standard trivial issue (which to me, has more attention than the last), which lead to both gangs' alliance to topple the corporation in question, which is resolved in the end.

A better episode than the last, but still feels very stale.
Oct 17, 2020 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
Nice seiyuu cast for this episode.

As much as I enjoy hearing Kouki's voice, Hanae is always a nice sound to hear.

Good episode this time to introduce some characters
Oct 20, 2020 6:58 AM
Feb 2014
VanishingKira said:
yep, not interested in this dropped.

I dropped it the moment I realized that we won't see the tomboy again.
Oct 20, 2020 2:37 PM

Jul 2016
This good-looking stranger dances so well I will make him my leader and join his monochromatic gang.

Slightly better than previous episode but something about this show still feels kinda off. There's no sense of tension so far but let's hope that changes soon.

So both G-Boys and Red Angels are in peace at the moment but of course, that won't last. Isogai's character was introduced and though he seems nice, he really gives me the impression of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Andou's blond "bodyguard" also gives me some odd vibes, by the way.
Oct 25, 2020 5:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn it's not drugs only, it's also gangs, suicide, fighting etc... life is sure hard in Ikebukuro
Nov 10, 2020 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was better than the last. And, the characters were also more fun this time. The ed and op visuals are kind of boring, though.
Feb 25, 2021 12:58 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the misunderstanding there between the gangs but good thing they didn't resort to violence first and talked it out, even managing to take down the evil company itself.

So far this series really gives me mixed vibes from Durara, K and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen.

Aug 14, 2022 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
So outside of the bad corpo/good little people duality, what really stands out is how the anime is about Makoto, and how he's a "Ikebukuro first" character, unaffiliated yet standing for his turf, therefore impersonating the burrough -- a bit like Kiryuu and Gintoki do for Kabukichou.

While the first episode was more emotional, this one tried to tackle the contemporary issue of black companies -- not that realistically but it succeeded in embodying the human element of the equation. More than K or Durarara, this kind of approach reminds me of Kabukichou Sherlock, and as long as it doesn't succumb to some kind of behind the scenes deus ex machina, this should be an enjoyable ride.
EratiKAug 14, 2022 4:13 PM
Aug 28, 2023 4:56 AM
Jul 2015
Ending is rap song really represent ikebukuro [available][jealous]
Jul 1, 8:11 AM

Sep 2016
there's not a single ounce of soul to this compared to the live action. every single character I loved are just flat talking heads now. literally no point to this adaptation
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why are the ratings so low?

st3pn - Oct 23, 2020

14 by TomokiNakagawa »»
Jun 9, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

37 by Feary7 »»
Dec 24, 2023 9:17 AM

» I've heard the drama is a better adapatation of the novel. Are there any viewers of it out here ?

clomapni - Dec 22, 2020

6 by neonkirsche »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:52 PM

» live action IWGP

removed-user - Dec 8, 2019

17 by mdo7 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Dec 22, 2020

77 by GTPROX01 »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.