Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2013 7:12 PM
May 2012
The whole Iori personality change ended up being kind of stupid because she just went right back to how she was before. From the beginning Taichi always said just be yourself and then she just has this random overly dramatic emotional breakdown where she is rude to everyone (which I understand her being angry because they keep saying they want her to go back to being herself when she asserts that isn't her real self to begin with) but it all just ends in her being the same overly happy and cheerful Iori she was to begin with, so why did they bother having her be all mopey.
Nov 25, 2013 3:59 PM

Jun 2012
Iori: Noone knows the real me, I'm only acting like the ideal image of myself.
Iori: From now on, I'll only do what I want.

*Goes back to acting like normal*

So I don't understand, exactly what was wrong with her? Noone knowing the real her? Inaba loving Taichi? Tired of keeping up the ideal image?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Dec 10, 2013 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
At first, I thought these episodes were a little unnecessary because I felt like we already passed Iori's problems.
However, in hindsight, Iori's story was extremely interesting. Even though she was always herself, she always thought it was an act. Sometimes, we don't even know the reason we do things. For her, it always felt like the situation made her who she was. She believed her personality was an act just to please others. Taichi knew he was a people-pleaser, and Iori did not (she was more indirect). So, it only made sense that whenever she did something, she always questioned it. Is this really what she wants? Is this really who she is? Or, is she doing this because the situation calls for it?

In the very first series, she gets passed this identity problem. However, when she relived her childhood and saw through the perspective of young Iori, she realized that apart of her was definitely acting to please the fathers. She could longer distinguish between her false and true personality.
The thing that got to her was the people around her (especially Taichi, and possibly Inaba) was more fixated on romance, than her trying to rediscover herself…again. And that was when the relationship between Taichi and her fell apart. His inability to understand that she didn't understand herself. She wasn't really given the time to set this thing straight because the group was too nosy; that was also when more drama started.

In the end, she did not go back to square one being lost; I believe this time she knows what to do. She realized it doesn't matter if she thinks she's faking it because all those personality are still in her. Even if things doesn't feel real to her, as long as she does what she finds fit, she will find herself.

I really like the ending because she wasn't concerned with romance, and her complexity made her realize that she wasn't fit to be in a relationship with Taichi.
DigestingAnimeDec 11, 2013 8:44 PM
Dec 11, 2013 7:09 PM
Sep 2013
DigestingAnime said:
I really like the ending because she wasn't concerned with romance, and her complexity made her realize that she wan't fit to be in a relationship with Taichi.

Hmm...I kinda felt more like she realized that she "loved" him for all the wrong reasons, hence her telling him that her feelings were childish.
Dec 11, 2013 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm…I kinda felt more like she realized that she "loved" him for all the wrong reasons, hence her telling him that her feelings were childish.

that could be it

"She wasn't fit to be in a relationship with Taichi"
… What I meant by the line was: she realized that there was no substance to the love they had.
So yes, I also believe that she acknowledged that their feelings were childish.

Besides that, I just like the fact that she was alone at the end, and a relationship was not what defined her. I could care less about Taichi and his love life.
DigestingAnimeDec 11, 2013 8:52 PM
Dec 15, 2013 6:38 AM
Dec 2013
total victory lady inada
Dec 16, 2013 9:43 PM

Oct 2011
Shih said:
I don't understand Iori's character anymore. So what, her dark character was just to express her stress? Now she's back to faking her smiling face.

Overall, I thought the arc started out nicely; I really liked the concept. But the development... I really didn't like. I don't think the simply minded Taichi understand Iori even at the end. Taichi just blindly says "I like Iori even now." I don't understand Iori anymore.

Yeah also, the telepathy thing turned into we-will-use-it-to-defeat-the-villians. Just like Inori said, it's not even random.

In the end, cheerful ending. Iori back to where she started; it is like it never happened!(?)

I feel the same way. I mean, if her cheerful self was fake then why is she back to her cheerful self. Her character development never made sense to me and never will.
Dec 29, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
DEREBAN!!!!!

I share your sentiments that Iori was being overly dramatic but towards the end I tried to understand her a little. This girl has had 5 different fathers, that can't be a healthy condition for a child to grow up. People like her, people who had terrible childhood or broken families tend to be unreasonable and easily disturbed.

While it seems that she might have resolved her identity crisis before, this whole emotion transmitting thing truly expose her for how she really is. In a way, she has been trying really hard to be her best for the sake of her mom and her friends but what if her friends realize that she isn't as good as they think? her inner thoughts, her inner conflicts, ones that she could always brushed aside by trying to put up her "cheerful girl" facade, are suddenly exposed for all to see.

I'm sure we've all experienced moments where our actions and our inner thoughts are different. If you don't like what someone's doing, would you tell the other person straight to his/her face? no.. most of the time we'll all try to be courteous, smile, and put up with it because we don't want to hurt that person. Imagine if your true feelings are suddenly transmitted to the other person. Yes, it may have been our true self but it's not one that we want other people to know.

This of course, is especially difficult for someone who severe identity crisis like Iori. She thought that she could please everyone by acting all cheerful and "ideal" but why won't anyone understand her for who she is? would anyone accept her if she exposes her ugly side? can her friends accept her gloomy side as well as her cheerful side? we've all wanted to be accepted for who we are but no one seems to know who Iori really is. The pressure that has built up over her childhood, her friends inner thought that hurt her, all of it had, as Taichi said, broke Iori.
Dec 30, 2013 3:10 AM

Jun 2011
I enjoy this show but I felt this arc is padded compared to the previous arc by showing Iori's conflict in the exact same way. I hope in the next season, they will show more development of the heartseed as the main characters has already grown a lot.
Jan 3, 2014 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm premise was very interesting. I was actually expecting that they would explain a little bit more about number two and stuff like that. Ah well it was still a enjoyable ride.
Jan 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed the whole series.
I really expected Iori and Taichi to be together in the ending but Himeko and Taichi pair is way better and have a feeling that they are meant for each other. Plus, Iori kind of getting annoying too.

Those Taichi x Himeko moments are still the best.
Jan 7, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
I honestly wasn't sure all the way through, until this episode, if we'd end up with Taichi x Iori or Taichi x Himeko... so glad it's the 2nd one! That Dereban at the end...
Jan 8, 2014 6:43 PM

May 2010
Oh my goodness, how can such naive simple-minded criminals exist in this world?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 16, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2013
The four episodes was great, i'm pretty satisfied with the Taichi/Himeko ending. Sad that there's no real conclusion about Heartseed, etc.

Iori was definitely the most interesting character of the show for me. (I don't understand the hate about the last 4 episodes)

Kokoro Connect was a good run.

9/10
Jan 17, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah I agree it's a shame that the conclusion's a bit fluffy. The whole audition thing kinda threw any hopes for a second season out the window, but the Light Novels carry the story on quite far.
Jan 29, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
Overall I liked this series, but I feel like the drama was incredibly forced. I have watched many anime where people complain about forcing the drama, but this might be the first time I've noticed it so readily.

I always try to steer clear of acting like those elitist assholes that talk down everything, but I found my enjoyment of this series being very strained. It gets somewhere around a 7/10 from me, and the animation quality and other factors are helping that grade.
Feb 2, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2008
Hardly mellow-drama. Some of the story devices were awful and this Iori arc felt out of place. The series was at its best when mucking around.
Feb 3, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
Gotta admit I think I liked this series less as it went on ... like this episode ... SUDDEN CHARACTER CHANGE FROM IORI! >_< Though at least Inaba was safe and they got a "happy ending" ... Inaba ended up with Taichi too eh? I was kinda surprised especially since he asked her out right after talking with Iori O_O Oh well, they did their presentation and got their advisor ... except he's helping out both clubs ... kinda seems like wasted effort lol :S

Overall I think they "drama-ticized" it a bit too much ... I remember quite liking the original series but idk, I grew to like it less, especially with all the mopey thoughts and stuff. Ah well, factoring in animation and stuff will help bump this to a 7/10
Feb 5, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2010
I didn't like this ending, i dunno why. 7/10
Feb 15, 2014 1:20 AM

Feb 2013
I love it!!! I loved this. I finally got an ending (with the MC picking a girl) that I wanted to happen later, that I didn't see coming from the start. This is a first, and I am shocked it actually came true.

Ok as for Iori changing, it wasn't a change, her bad self was the change, now she's just living the way she wants to live.

Oh and also this is one of the first love triangles for me that didn't really end badly, as in the other character is heartbroken.

I'm trying to rate this show as a whole, which I probably shouldn't, but I'd like to think these episodes were part of the whole one show.

Fuck it!! 9/10 for both!!!
Feb 23, 2014 10:22 PM
Feb 2007
Ohoho, that ending was unexpected. At least for me. o.o
Mar 15, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2011
The ending was nice, but it felt a bit flat...
Mar 23, 2014 3:35 AM

Oct 2012
The ending was pretty unexpected. I didn't think Taichi would pick the best girl, so i was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Mar 30, 2014 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
Great anime!
The friendship these 5 have feels real, heartwarming, and very special.

Loved every second of all 17 episodes!

My final score for the entire series is a 9/10!
Apr 3, 2014 3:02 AM

Feb 2014
Yes InabaxTaichi at the end so much win

This was a great anime, 9/10 would watch again
Apr 3, 2014 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
re-watched this again. just finished. Iori's character development throughout the arcs was the strong and key this anime.

best girl won

but i would have been satisfied either way with iori tachi. but their love was like puppy dog love. so it made sense it wasn't real.

I wish they woul animate the other arcs but it doesnt seem they will since they got the main vocal point across with each character over coming his/ her obstacles

but i wannted to see taichi's sister in the club and finding out about what her brother was involved in these past couple months Q_Q

and more Inabanx Taichi moments.

they broke up momentarily but got back together.

Iori wants to be a teacher. i want this all to be animated T_T
Apr 4, 2014 11:22 PM

Nov 2012
FINALLY,THE IORI DRAMA IS FINALLY OVER!!!

5/10.
Apr 8, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2013
What can i say? Is there anything better than the friedship of these 5? I don´t think so. This shows us how important friendship is.

The end? I have no words. Such an beautiful end especially Taichi x Inaba <3

When i realised that he decides for Inaba i was so happy that i jumped in my room like crazy :D

For me 10/10. Arigatou gozaimasu for this beautiful anime <3

Apr 24, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Well, that was a let down. Taichi settling on Inaba and nothing about heartseed or #2. It feels like they were planning for a 2nd season but the show didn't do good enough so they threw together a half-assed ending.
May 1, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, woah, woah, slow down... Did we really saw an end where best girl win? Is this really happening..?
But seriously though, I'm really glad. Her new nickname Iori gave her is pretty spot on, ''Dereban'' xD

Those fucker were such a bunch of trash. And trying to assault a girl they didn't even knew at the end, where Taichi got wound, such a pathetic move. I'm sure they were in good hand with Inaban and glasses girl though :P

It was a great arc. Maybe not as surprising and deep as the first one, but a lot of great moments. It's kinda sad to think that they will probably never animate the ending of the light novel because the animes are often made to sell the goods that come with it and I think that Kokoro LN finished too long ago :(
Still, it was a great ride Inaban ''Dereban'' shipper, our ship have blown full way and will sail on forever!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 10, 2014 8:45 PM
Dec 2013
YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS, BEST GIRL WINS! SUCK IT IORI FAGS!

But no, I do kinda feel a little bad for Iori, but Jesus Christ I REALLY wanted Inaba to win the Taichi. If had have been the other way around I would be sooo pissed.
May 13, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2014
Dereban for the win! <3

Hahah, Taichi and Inaban blushing when Yui pointed out them during the presentation. xD
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 21, 2014 8:36 AM

May 2013
8/10 but because of Dereban, 9/10.
May 27, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
I loved their scene at the hospital.

It was really, really cute.
May 27, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm dunno what to think of this anime.

Mostly interesting, its concept was quite original for a school comedy/drama, characters&voice acting pleasant, but a lot of things feel a bit messed up especially in the execution.

Things that deserved longer screen time didn't get a lot and little things were unnecessarily extended, resulting in events looking quite random.
Some things did feel forced thanks to that.
For this last ep, the deliquants were like just dropped from the sky for convenience, and Iori after all theses emo episodes, just got better in a trice from well, quite banal words !

Overally the show was nice, with often trivial but good thoughts on life/self identity. Just felt very irregular, both in rhythm and consistency, but oh well.
ZiassanMay 27, 2014 4:48 PM
Jun 2, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2007
YAY!!! SO happy! :))
Ive always rooted for Inaba x Taichi. :))) So glad they ended up together, though it was a bit sudden. But, i totally understand how he loved Inaba.

Glad that Iori is back. ::) And also, Kiriyama x Aoki = <3<3<3

8/10!
Jun 10, 2014 8:34 AM

Dec 2013
Wow. These were great specials. Better than the original series. I didn't expect Taichi to end up with Inaba at all. It was about him and Iori all the time. I'm happy with it though. Yui x Aoki was an open ending but nice too. What bugs me is what were all these experiments for and why they stopped now.. 8/10 for specials, 7/10 for series.
Jun 12, 2014 5:06 AM

Apr 2010
Best girl won. All is right with the world.
Jun 16, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
good shiet.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 18, 2014 11:09 PM

Jan 2014
Great finish. Inaba is so cute and mature at the same time. Glad Yui is back to being cheerful. I hope its not fake though. Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention. Oh well I'm happy how things turned out.
Jun 20, 2014 11:24 PM

Jun 2012
Gonna need some spoilers now.
Jun 25, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
kudos to taichi for finally hitting that puss

would hang out with IRL /10
Jun 30, 2014 12:31 PM
Dec 2012
Ah! It ended perfectly!
Just as I wanted it to!

P.S. Inaba turned out to be just too cute :3
Jul 1, 2014 2:53 AM

Nov 2012
Gander bander arc was pretty funny, but later drama was strange and unnatural.

7/10 for tv
6/10 for ova
Jul 6, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2011
Tsundere done right. Inaba's a great character. Glad she got her man.~
All the characters were likable, but Iori was getting on my nerves with that attitude. She was doing so well at the end of the prior arc, that it really seemed out of place and too extreme. The love triangle was done right, and had the proper amount of emotion it needed to not become TOO irritating.

I was slightly "meh" about the other pair not becoming official, even though we knew it was all coming. I even liked the secondary and the "evil" characters.

It's been a nice ride Kokoro Connect. The story was interesting. The characters were entertaining, and I basically felt like I was watching K-On but with males and an actual purpose lol. Thanks to the anime/manga recommendation forum section for suggestion this to me.

As a whole, despite little issues here and there you deserve it:
9/10

Jul 9, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2011
Best girl Dereban won!!
Finally the cute Inaba x Taichi couple I've been hoping for.
The episode wrapped up everything nicely, too.
Happy ending!

If only i know Japanese, I'd read the LN to know what happens til the end.
AkagatariJul 9, 2014 9:56 PM
Signature
Jul 13, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2013
The ending was pretty good, however I still feel that too much of the series was dedicated to Iori. It was nice to see Inaba get Taichi and Yui and Aoki will probably end up together soon. Kokoro Connect was a fun series that is pretty memorable, 9/10 for the specials, 8/10 for first season.
Jul 23, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
Im happy that Inaba "won" but that just felt so..contrived.

6/10. -1 for the nonsensical and stupid melodrama.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 27, 2014 9:09 PM
Jan 2014
the hell? did iori even change at the end? did I not pay attention enough something? but she's like the same exact person she was before except she adopted this "i'll do whatever i want" mentality, which everyone should have anyways. w/e, don't like iori after all this drama..
Sep 20, 2014 3:53 PM

Aug 2012
I am okay with this ending. To be completely honest, the series would have gotten a 9 or a 10 if they hadn't decided to wait until the final 10 minutes of the series to have Taichi and Inaba finally start dating. Personally, I hated Inori. A lot.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

133 by kochia »»
Jun 23, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.