Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 27, 2016 11:53 AM

Jun 2010
Senjougahara tearing into Hanekawa linking her eating anything questioning her 'true' love for Araragi. But I mean even Senjougahara is on record saying she would have have loved anyone who rescued her, it's not like both are loving on a some deeper level.
Mar 27, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2015
The tsubasa cat has returned. Lovely. Not a huge fan of OP / ED...
Apr 27, 2016 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
And Senjougahara jumps right back in as number 1 girl...this harem is competitive.

And now we know it was the nice kitty cat that destroyed her home.
Jun 22, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2015
That episode was much better than the one that started this season. Hanekawa is a lot more likable when she's not being seen from Araragi's perspective. Or maybe the writer's are putting extra effort into her character since we're stuck with her for a while. Either way, I like the end result.
Sep 20, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, I really enjoyed that one. Awesome fanservice, interesting and sometimes funny conversation. If this continues like this it'll be the first time Monogatari gets a 10/10 from me :3
Apr 1, 2017 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
I love these dumb characters so much :)
Apr 7, 2017 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Usually I don't care much about fanservice, but this shower scene was hot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
"I've never known anyone to not use dressing before." You and me both, Senjyogahara. Hanekawa really will just take everything as it comes.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 4, 2017 4:23 PM

May 2014
This episode went by real fast!

That shower scene though.
Like, it was erotic but in a weirdly classy way. Plus, I liked the way Hanekawa was narrating over it since she really seems to admire Senjougahara.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 5:05 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit. That shower scene of Hanekawa and Hitagi. I can't even. That was so hot. It's like they made love or just a heavy petting. Lmfao.

Is it just me who feels so awkward watching them talking together because of Araragi yeah? Where the hell is that guy anyway? Come out, Araragi!

And just like that, the black neko this time is back since Hanekawa is stressed af for her family's house was burned down then she met that big-ass tiger and they had a brief fight, I guess? It doesn't look like he attacked her idk. She just sorta dodged outta nowhere.

Aaaaand Hitagi finally met the neko version of Hanekawa. Omfg. This is gooooooood.

How can this show make the "taste talk" a very interesting one? Forfucksake. This is one of the many reasons why I fucking love this show.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 26, 2017 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah Senjougahara and Hanekawa fingerbanged in that shower. The BD version basically confirms it. So does that mean Araragi has a potential threesome waiting for him or was he cucked?
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 28, 2017 7:09 PM

Sep 2016
Such a great episode, and Black Hanekawa back! also.. the shower scene dayum.
Though now I am hungry after that whole cooking ordeal.
Apr 14, 2018 9:27 PM

Dec 2016
I would be 100% down to see Black Hanekawa vs Giant Tiger Apparition.

Also that was some pretty heated food discussion lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 28, 2019 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
The shower scene was definitely a nice surprise :D

The only thing we know about the tiger is that it's the cause of Hanekawa's house burning down because she happened to have seen him once. Hmm...

The relationship and interactions between these two are really nice to watch. They both love Araragi, but does Hanekawa really love him? Is her taste in food the same as her "taste" in people? Was Araragi just a guy that was there? Does she even consider Senjougahara her friend? Hanekawa is such an interesting character.
Apr 28, 2019 8:23 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, Black Hanekawa emerged again, 3rd time... a lot of dialogue this episode, that was awesome.
May 17, 2019 4:17 AM

Dec 2018
I see now. The missing chapter is about what Black Hanekawa is doing.

Right, Tsubasa is being too extreme as a goody two shoes. Sometimes she need to make a choice between accept and reject.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 17, 2019 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Don't worry Hanekawa, I prefer egg with no seasoning, sushi without the dip, and onigiri without the salt too
Jun 21, 2019 7:32 PM

Sep 2017
An interesting start to the episode, showing Hanekawa and Senjougahara lying in bed together. They slept until 1:30 PM? Not bad, but I've done better. That bathroom scene was quite interesting. Senjougahara pleading with Hanekawa to get in the futon with her was amusing. I learned today that an Electra Complex is a thing. Hanekawa saying she hasn't said "good night" in a long time was sad to hear. Hanekawa being so welcome to shit-talking Araragi was beautiful. I never would have guessed that the skipped chapters were just Black Hanekawa fucking around. Interesting decision by Shaft, showing us Black Hanekawa insert the key in her cleavage. Wonder what the tiger meant when he said that he was the same time of aberration as Black Hanekawa. Does he have the power to control the body of someone who saw him or something? Senjougahara has balls, shaking hands after being reminded of the Energy Drain. I like Senjougahara's jogging outfit. Was that seriously like a seven-minute conversation about flavor toppings? I'm not gonna bother questioning it. Can't imagine never using any form of flavoring.
Sep 19, 2019 2:46 AM

Oct 2013
I remember enjoying the unique direction and presentation of the Monogatari series when I watched Bakemonogatari & also enjoyed Nise, despite its controversial nature. However, it's been a year or two since I returned to the show, and honestly... I feel conflicted.

I know I'm only two episodes in, but I wonder if the novelty of the direction/presentation of the series is starting to wear off on me. Though I felt hints of this before, in this episode I couldn't help but feel mildly frustrated by the often pointless seeming, meandering conversations. I get the sense that usually there's at least something to tie the dialogue together or that perhaps little revelations are made here and there throughout the dialogue, but I can't help but wonder if it's really enough. It's beginning to feel tedious listening to, for the most part, relatively uninteresting and elusive dialogue. Style over substance, it feels like.

That's not to say there haven't been good moments in dialogue and character development so far in the show that I've watched (as that seems to be one of the main selling points), but I hope they're not sprinkled across the show too lightly going forward.

It really is a shame, because I remember the novelty of the show and Shaft's art/direction really captivating me when I started with the anime a couple years back. I'll endeavor to keep watching of course, but I hope the prospect of watching more episodes doesn't begin to feel like a tedious chore.
Sep 21, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2015
_Aisu said:
I remember enjoying the unique direction and presentation of the Monogatari series when I watched Bakemonogatari & also enjoyed Nise, despite its controversial nature. However, it's been a year or two since I returned to the show, and honestly... I feel conflicted.

I know I'm only two episodes in, but I wonder if the novelty of the direction/presentation of the series is starting to wear off on me. Though I felt hints of this before, in this episode I couldn't help but feel mildly frustrated by the often pointless seeming, meandering conversations. I get the sense that usually there's at least something to tie the dialogue together or that perhaps little revelations are made here and there throughout the dialogue, but I can't help but wonder if it's really enough. It's beginning to feel tedious listening to, for the most part, relatively uninteresting and elusive dialogue. Style over substance, it feels like.

That's not to say there haven't been good moments in dialogue and character development so far in the show that I've watched (as that seems to be one of the main selling points), but I hope they're not sprinkled across the show too lightly going forward.

It really is a shame, because I remember the novelty of the show and Shaft's art/direction really captivating me when I started with the anime a couple years back. I'll endeavor to keep watching of course, but I hope the prospect of watching more episodes doesn't begin to feel like a tedious chore.

I had similar thoughts, even considered dropping the show altogether. The first arc is indeed lacking but, believe me, it gets better. Even so far as at the end of this arc (episodes 4-5) it gets a nice resolution and character development for Hanekawa.

The following story after this is noticeably better, pretty much on the level of Bakemonogatari. Also, if you are not set on watching in release order I suggest checking out Kizumonogatari prequel as it gets referenced later on and is actually the best part of Monogatari series I've seen yet. Watching it at this point might bring more understanding and enjoyment out of the rest of the series.

So, just endure it for a time being and move on to another part. I hope it helps.
Oct 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
Ten said:

I had similar thoughts, even considered dropping the show altogether. The first arc is indeed lacking but, believe me, it gets better. Even so far as at the end of this arc (episodes 4-5) it gets a nice resolution and character development for Hanekawa.

The following story after this is noticeably better, pretty much on the level of Bakemonogatari. Also, if you are not set on watching in release order I suggest checking out Kizumonogatari prequel as it gets referenced later on and is actually the best part of Monogatari series I've seen yet. Watching it at this point might bring more understanding and enjoyment out of the rest of the series.

So, just endure it for a time being and move on to another part. I hope it helps.

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely consider watching Kizumonogatari before I continue with this season. As I understand it, Kizu was actually the second released book? So I guess there's probably not too much point in following the anime release order instead in this case.

I'm not ready to completely ditch the series yet, just a bit disappointed that I found it hard to maintain interest in these past couple of episodes. It's at least good to hear that it gets better later into the season.
May 2, 2020 1:18 AM

Jan 2019
What is the tiger tho
May 7, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2017
Yeah, that shower scene was not homoerotic in the slightest lol.

What Hanekawa finds herself lacking in isn't anything physical (duh!), but emotional maturity. Recognizing that Senjougahara cares about her as a friend, Hanekawa acknowledges how difficult it must have been for Senjougahara to trust other people.

This shower scene is reminiscent of another shower scene back in Bakemonogatari. Back then, Araragi was forced to wait for her. Now, Hanekawa is readily invited to join Senjougahara in a more intimate setting. &++ Senjougahara is actually smiling, like, genuinely smiling. Just goes to show how far she has come since the days of Hitagi Crab.

Ahh, so that's why the chapters skipped. Black Hanekawa is out and about. Not gonna front, kind of prefer her with long hair. Or was it the pajamas? Lmao, naw it was the long hair.

The last conversation has got to be my favorite part of the episode, but the handshake between Senjougahara and Black Hanekawa definitely carries emotional weight. She's not scared or backs away in the slightest when she meets Black Hanekawa. It's like she's willing to accept every facet of Hanekawa, even the parts she (Hanekawa) deeply dislikes. H*ck, Senjougahara is willing to put (literal) energy into it.

On another note, that tiger is tempting me to get a tiger tattoo lol
Jun 21, 2020 2:16 PM

Aug 2017
Hot shower scene!

Senjougahara has seem maturing and is now more open. While Hanekawa still struggles. Their conversations are really enjoyable and good, especially the one at the end which was quite interesting.
Aug 23, 2020 12:47 PM
Mar 2018
i see. so basically senjougahara made hanekawa admit that she likes everything, so ofc she would like araragi...... interesting
Sep 7, 2020 1:52 PM

Apr 2019
The OP and ED are pretty good, and the visuals for the OP are really good, like they're really good.

Aye Black Hanekawa, but with short hair this time. Judging from her conversation with the tiger, I think the tiger causes "harm" to whoever sees it. Also tiger be pretty strong, but I guess that's just a apparition for you.

Senjougahara kinda just played Hanekawa there, looking forward to seeing this play out.

arcticmontysSep 7, 2020 1:56 PM
Sep 13, 2020 5:16 AM

Jun 2020
Quite interesting making this anime a bit of yuri I'm actually interested on the Tiger:>

So Senjougahara can cook what a perfect waifu, still I want to see Araragi since he hasn't show yet so I wonder what happened to him.

The opening was actually very good I can't skip it :)

This was a very good episode I really enjoyed it a lot<3
Oct 16, 2020 4:44 PM

May 2014
Now that was a good quality episode. I love how much they can argue over something so small as taste preference and their perception of food. LOL. There were many good moments during the whole ep. One of them without any doubt was the showering scene. Senjougahara is a real teaser. Some nice highlights:

Looks like we are not done with the meddlecat and she came back in this season too. The ear flip scene was just adorable that I had to record the fragment Her encounter with Tiger was also interesting. Makes one wonder what Tiger's power is.

I really thought they would avoid the topic of the Araragi love issue between them, but I am glad Senjougahara took it up in the end with that serious face
. Now that's great art, wow.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this is going to turn out in the next ep.
mangalicker94Oct 16, 2020 5:06 PM
Oct 16, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
These are the kinds of episodes I completely fail to see the point of. Badly drawn fanservice shower scenes and dress up just doesn't do it for me and I've seen these antics from this series enough times to really not feel the need for any more of it. Probably the end for me if this keeps up into next episode.

It seems like you already disliked the series, so it makes no sense why you would continue to watch it. To be a contrarian perhaps?

On a different note, now your signature (twerking Sasuge) is really hilarious. xD

Oct 16, 2020 5:12 PM

May 2014
Grouchio said:
Orevataf said:
If she tells

N-NO! DON'T WATCH AN ANIME CALLED BOKU!!!

Paul said:
Brush her teeth.

N-NO! WHY THE FLYING **** WOULD I DO THAT?! I'M NOT A BLOODY SISCON! SHE'S MY TWIN SISTER!

Damnit you guys aren't helping! ;(

Give her a slap on the butt. xD
Feb 15, 2021 8:10 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode! Damn, how did I not realize that the skipped chapters was because of Black Hanekawa manifesting, that's pretty fucking clever. Loved Black Hanekawa's interaction with the Tiger, I wonder what that aberration does besides burn down houses I guess.

That shower scene though holy shit. I am really enjoying these Senjougahara and Hanekawa episodes. You got jebaited there Hanekawa, so if you like everything then what does that make Araragi-kun? Based Senjougahara.
Jul 23, 2021 4:07 AM

Aug 2020
Monogatari is probably the only anime to make an appetite sound interesting. Great episode. That Tiger seems strong. Damn, never expected Black Hanekawa to meet Senjougahara.
It's fucking clever to use the missing chapters as Black Hanekawa's manifestataion. God bless Shinbou!

Also, the "bonding time", is peak-fiction.
Aug 8, 2021 11:15 AM
Aug 2021
The shower scene had some extreme yuri vibes.
So the skipped chapters were the moments where black Hanekawa manifests... that's pretty clever!
This ep was just as enjoyable as the first and the part where hitagi talks about Hanekawa accepting everything and everyone in her life was quite interesting and true.
-Facktack-Aug 8, 2021 11:22 AM
Aug 14, 2021 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
oh ok then senjougahara, thanks for sharing.
Aug 30, 2021 6:12 AM
May 2020
that was some next level a level English lit analysis from hitagi to relate eating food to hanekawa's love of araragi
Mar 4, 2022 3:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Senjougahara the master interrogator

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 2, 2022 12:39 AM

Jan 2015
Wonderful dialogue with Senjougahara and Hanekawa. Music was really sweet in this episode too. Some cool poses but I felt like the episode's animation/cinematography wasn't quite as impressive as usual, the scene with Black Hanekawa and the tiger having a talk, at least, didn't see like it did much like other one on one talks do. Black Hanekawa's appearance was a lot of fun! I forgot about the chapter skipping quirk, haha.

Senjougahara's so much fun, awesome character.
Jul 24, 2022 9:43 PM
Oct 2020
When Tsubasa woke next to sleeping Hitagi's my first thought was: oh well, guess they're skipping the fanservice this time. So the flashback was a delightful surprise. I though it was quite well done, in fact. Mostly shadows of bodies colliding. So it had the feeling of being sensual and a little clumsy at the same time. But in an endearing way.

The Black Hanekawa vs Tiger fight was fun to watch. Though it ended somewhat abruptly with the tiger saying it had already started acting. Guess we'll find out more in the coming chapters.

Interesting discussion/cross-examination from Hitagi on Tsubasa's food choices. One thing I can say is that Senjougahara is intense!
Apr 17, 2023 2:53 PM
Feb 2022
Wow, this episode taught me some new vocabulary, "candid" and "vehemently" Senjoughara really got me thinking with her last segment. There is something more to Hanekawa's love for Araragi. love it
Jul 10, 2023 8:30 PM

May 2021
The way Senjougahara psycho-analyzed Tsubasa like that was kinda... I would best not complete that.

They do look like a pretty good couple though. Or they would if Tsubasa used seasoning coz oof food without seasoning(when you HAVE seasoning) is quite rough.

Jul 25, 2023 10:06 PM

Oct 2021
Senjougahara-san would make a good detective lol.. the way she analyzed hanekawa's character just by her cooking, if she uses seasoning or not. Bathroom scene was something just out of a hentai i already expected to see some steamy scenes but damn!! What's with the Tiger aberration? is it connected with hanekawa. Hanekawa waking up to some skipped chapters will always be my one of favourite Fourth wall breaking trope.
Jul 26, 2023 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
Hanekawa and that tiger
Aug 1, 2023 11:41 AM

Jun 2021
araragi's influence got to senjougahara 
i love this

deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Dec 15, 2023 2:19 AM

Nov 2023
Looks like Hanekawa and Hitagi are having a girl moment!
Feb 25, 9:34 PM
Feb 2021
This episode really changed my opinion on Senjougahara. I'm still kinda on the fence about her, but I'm leaning towards liking her now that her bullying actually seems validated.

Mar 28, 3:52 PM

Jul 2016
Black Hanekawa's third appearance + promised shower scene with Hanekawa and Senjougahara. Thanks, Shaft.
May 24, 5:17 AM

Dec 2022
Oo black Hanekawa but short hair this time nice. Gahara has always been a smart cookie yeh.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Anyone else dislikes Senjougahara after this? ( 1 2 3 )

Romeo - Aug 28, 2014

149 by VectoredPromise »»
Today, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

148 by SouthRzVa »»
Jun 5, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

255 by SouthRzVa »»
Jun 4, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

201 by SouthRzVa »»
Jun 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

246 by Dragona_8002 »»
May 31, 12:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.