Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Feb 26, 2018 8:48 AM
Nov 2017
I've gotta say. There was a lot of turnover for Zorome for me, and it hasn't been long. I should have expected it to happen, but I was pleasantly surprised. I like the character now. I had an inkling during the ep, that he would try to kiss Hiro, but actually seeing him try was cake, lol.

Feb 26, 2018 9:08 AM

Jun 2008
BEACH EPISODE!!!!

God, I feel so bad for Ichigo....this is not gonna end well for her....we all know it.

She's such a nice girl.
Feb 26, 2018 9:25 AM
Jan 2018
Odiei o EP por causa da falta de explicação da Cura do protagonista. Se eles pelo menos tivessem dito porque o Hiro se curou eu curtiria o EP, mas ficou só no fanservice! Não era a hora de colocar fanservice!
Feb 26, 2018 10:13 AM

Feb 2018
Such a great episode, I loved how the MC’s go to the beach to calm the anime down a little bit so it’s not always a battle every episode. Althought after watching this episode, I wonder who which girl will get Hiro
Feb 26, 2018 10:14 AM

Jan 2018
shanimebib said:
superkart08 said:
I feel bad for Ichigo when she tried to confess.

This episode actually got a lot of bad reviews in Japan if you see 2ch and anikore because of this huge D-flag raised for their favourite girl. Japanese fans didn't like the fact how she got interrupted time and again just before she could confess her feelings. The normal indication for such stories is her confession will be her last words in the anime.

Also, Japanese fans seem to not like how 002 tries to overwhelm or intimidate 015 without any provocations like it happened throughout the anime, be it when she was licked on the cheek in their first proper greeting, constantly calling 016 as "Darling! Darling!" when she is in front of her even though she knows 015's feelings for 016, warranting a slap when all she was asked for by 015 was to look after 016, and then this kabedon that happened in this episode.

Why cannot they simply accept that that is how 002 is? Her menacing and animalistic nature is what makes her such an interesting character.

Btw, I am kind of keen to look up those staff and cast list that often get leaked in japanese boards well ahead of the episodes' airing dates if there would be any. Those are usually instant giveaways in mecha anime of which character to die next. It happened in the past but I won't reveal it even if I find them.

I admit I rooted for Zero Two & Hiro in the first episodes but I just couldn't deny how precious Ichigo is (she belongs to the rejected club already despite not being formally rejected YET). She's been hurt many times and I hope she won't die (got a feeling she might sacrifice her life for Hiro). I can see now why most Japanese fans root for Ichigo.

And yea, on the other hand, Zero Two is still one of the best female protagonists this season. I also love how menacing she is; imo, her character keeps on getting fascinating in the recent episodes (special mention: the scene in episode 6 where she helplessly tried to pilot the franXX against a Gutenberg-class klaxosaur was heartbreaking).

There are still a lot of mysteries to be unfold about Zero Two and at the moment, I wish people should stop pitting her and Ichigo against each other. Both are likeable characters and lastly, imo, the mecha/sci-fi plot is way more interesting than the romance aspect.
Feb 26, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2017
I didn't expect a beach episode honestly....

But I like that they did not put too much fanservice bullshit in it. This reassure me.

What I give for sure now is that 02 will find about Hiro and Ichigo kissing and will go crazy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feb 26, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
I didn't expect a Mandatory Beach Episode™ this soon and right after a big battle episode. The pacing in this series all over the place.
What would Golgo do?
Feb 26, 2018 12:30 PM

Oct 2010
shanimebib said:
Why cannot they simply accept that that is how 002 is? Her menacing and animalistic nature is what makes her such an interesting character.

I mean, take the scene where she talks with Ichigo about the kiss. I like the character, don't get me wrong, but she has a rather unlikeable side when it comes to interacting with other people and screwing up with their emotions, Ichigo in special. It's not about being menacing or intimidating, but about being so against a character who clearly does not offer a clear counter to her moves. At times it's plain cruelty.
Feb 26, 2018 12:54 PM

May 2016
This was a really relaxing episode special the ending with Ichigo T-T
Looks like they soon gonna learn how babies are made lol.
Feb 26, 2018 1:42 PM
Nov 2015
Meh, Ichigo is still trash in my mind.

-Childhood friend
-short haired
-moe
-slightly Kuudere
-gets beaten down emotionally every episode

She's literally just a checklist character, and so far she's added little to Hiro's story. From this episode, it also seems that she's just gonna be a drama instigator for the remainder of the series.

I don't get the love for her
Feb 26, 2018 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
Rather curious now after the comments have been going for a while... Was I REALLY the only one who caught Hiro's reaction to Ichigo's confession? He heard her plainly, was aware of what she was saying, and straight up dodged her intentionally.

It was the verbal version of sidestepping a tackle-hug, and a signal to the audience at least that Ichigo has lost this fight before she even thought it started.

Also, I'm loving that no one is bringing up the fact that at this point, Ichigo's actually pulling some seriously dirty shit here.. Would her situation not be equivalent to a married woman trying to get a married man (who's not her husband) to have an affair / leave his wife for her? I don't really blame her for it since she simply doesn't/can't know any better, but that doesn't make it any less wrong to do.
Feb 26, 2018 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
superkart08 said:
I admit I rooted for Zero Two & Hiro in the first episodes but I just couldn't deny how precious Ichigo is (she belongs to the rejected club already despite not being formally rejected YET). She's been hurt many times and I hope she won't die (got a feeling she might sacrifice her life for Hiro). I can see now why most Japanese fans root for Ichigo.

And yea, on the other hand, Zero Two is still one of the best female protagonists this season. I also love how menacing she is; imo, her character keeps on getting fascinating in the recent episodes (special mention: the scene in episode 6 where she helplessly tried to pilot the franXX against a Gutenberg-class klaxosaur was heartbreaking).

There are still a lot of mysteries to be unfold about Zero Two and at the moment, I wish people should stop pitting her and Ichigo against each other. Both are likeable characters and lastly, imo, the mecha/sci-fi plot is way more interesting than the romance aspect.

Tbh, you cannot ignore the romance aspect of this story be it mecha/sci-fi or not. The whole premise is based on the Jian motif that talks about becoming whole as a pair - which is basically being in love. Take Gundam for an example. The whole idea was based on different races who were consumed by human greed and succumbed to the filth called the feeling of supremacy. You take that away from Gundam, it becomes just another mecha anime. Romance is an integral part of the story of Darli-fra. If romance is taken away from this, it will look like a stupid ecchi mecha anime filled with sexual innuendos which it already is badmouthed as is.

I think they are building her character because they want to make an impact on the fans using her as a stepping stone and propel the story to the next level. They made her cry not once but twice, they made her fail to confess her feelings multiple times, her caring nature is revealed how she treats 196, given how 196 hardly talks with anyone but with her. She even considers 002 as someone who 016 needed more than anyone else. Why else would they create such an imminent sacrificial character?

Also, I find it strange when you root for someone. I get it Japanese fans showing compassion towards 015 for she is definitely a likeable sweet character (even 002 confirms it in episode 2, like literally by licking her). But what about 016's feelings in all these? He has the right to choose whoever he wants to be with. With kindness alone, one cannot buy romantic affection. No matter how kind 015 is to everyone and to 016 in particular, if 016 doesn't see her in a romantic way, he simply doesn't.

jal90 said:
shanimebib said:

I mean, take the scene where she talks with Ichigo about the kiss. I like the character, don't get me wrong, but she has a rather unlikeable side when it comes to interacting with other people and screwing up with their emotions, Ichigo in special. It's not about being menacing or intimidating, but about being so against a character who clearly does not offer a clear counter to her moves. At times it's plain cruelty.

She only ever does that to whoever she feels on her way between herself and 016. She did that to 326 to the point he was left half-dead. She reacts like that towards 015 because she considers 015 as a rival of her love interest. I think people are getting it wrong. The existence of 015's character is not for 016, but her existence is to show the inhuman side of 002. She provoked 015 to the point she called her a heartless inhuman person. If we take 015 away from the story, 002 becomes a quarter of the character she is. She will look like a horny character wanting to ride on 016. 002's interactions with 015 give her enough room to develop into a decent character down the road in the story. That's how I see it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 26, 2018 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
deadman80 said:
Also, I'm loving that no one is bringing up the fact that at this point, Ichigo's actually pulling some seriously dirty shit here.. Would her situation not be equivalent to a married woman trying to get a married man (who's not her husband) to have an affair / leave his wife for her?

Pretty good analogy like the dumbasses in the previous episode discussion threads saying 002 is a whore with AIDS who killed countless men by giving them full HIV on their third time. Yeah, I am equally loving it for bringing that same level of intelligence back on the discussions. So, thank you.
Coronavirus.
Feb 26, 2018 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
deadman80 said:
Also, I'm loving that no one is bringing up the fact that at this point, Ichigo's actually pulling some seriously dirty shit here.. Would her situation not be equivalent to a married woman trying to get a married man (who's not her husband) to have an affair / leave his wife for her? I don't really blame her for it since she simply doesn't/can't know any better, but that doesn't make it any less wrong to do.

The problem with symbolic narrative is that it coexists with an explicit narrative. It's not a comparable situation because the characters have agency beyond their symbolic roles, that is, beyond the fact that Ichigo and Hiro are not compatible to turn on a robot there is a narrative of Ichigo being in love with him, which is not related to the FranXX; that's maybe a bit of a problem with the symbolism here, that it doesn't explain or cover completely the range of feelings the characters show, and therefore creates a scenario with two interpretations that don't mesh completely well. And anyway you would have more of a point had Ichigo tried to take Hiro away from Zero Two, which she didn't in this episode, and it's very unlikely that she does in the future seeing how this episode went.

shanimebib said:
She only ever does that to whoever she feels on her way between herself and 016. She did that to 326 to the point he was left half-dead. She reacts like that towards 015 because she considers 015 as a rival of her love interest. I think people are getting it wrong. The existence of 015's character is not for 016, but her existence is to show the inhuman side of 002. She provoked 015 to the point she called her a heartless inhuman person. If we take 015 away from the story, 002 becomes a quarter of the character she is. She will look like a horny character wanting to ride on 016. 002's interactions with 015 give her enough room to develop into a decent character down the road in the story. That's how I see it.

Yes of course, which leads me to the point that Ichigo is not getting on the way between them. Her concerns and jealousy are about as understandable as they are, ultimately, unjustified because Hiro has already defined the boundaries himself. Therefore, the narrative makes her appear cruel and unlikeable, and Ichigo as a victim. It's not a matter of considering her a bad character, but rather of her not being likeable. Which is kind of what matters for these waifu wars among the fans xD. She is still a good character and these flaws + her potential for development only make her more interesting but the way she is described makes it obviously difficult to root with her.
Feb 26, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2018
shanimebib said:

I like this part :).
Feb 26, 2018 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
The last episode was so awesome, but this one was just meh.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Feb 26, 2018 8:06 PM
Feb 2018
Im really loving this show. Can someone explain to me tho how Darling got all that shit to go away last episode? Like it just didnt make sense to me
Feb 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
It's a GAINAX show. Things don't make sense, they're just epic.
Feb 26, 2018 8:32 PM

Nov 2017
I've got just two things.

1: For those saying "oh no the fanservice episode!"
-Have you been watching the show at all? like.. cmon. it was even pretty freaking tame too.

2: I don't understand full on hatred for this episode because the moment you see the old rundown city, makes it all worth it, thats instant value. (especially with that stellar background art and animation)
BruneoFeb 26, 2018 8:40 PM
Feb 27, 2018 12:16 AM

Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
deadman80 said:
Also, I'm loving that no one is bringing up the fact that at this point, Ichigo's actually pulling some seriously dirty shit here.. Would her situation not be equivalent to a married woman trying to get a married man (who's not her husband) to have an affair / leave his wife for her?

Pretty good analogy like the dumbasses in the previous episode discussion threads saying 002 is a whore with AIDS who killed countless men by giving them full HIV on their third time. Yeah, I am equally loving it for bringing that same level of intelligence back on the discussions. So, thank you.

No, I am not being an exaggerating dumbass here. Hiro/002 are now in a publically acknowledged/authorized professional relationship where their personal relationship can/will affect their work performance. Even Papa-tachi have given their approval for the Hiro/002 pairing. They are a fully sanctioned pair who are not able to function with anyone other than each other, and Hiro basically swore to be hers until he died. It's awwwwwfully close to the concept of marriage.

Hiro has gained a new lease on life due to his pairing up with 002. He has gained power, prestige, and well-earned self confidence, and a really cool scar. He went from being a drop-out or failure to being the ace of the team because he found "the one" and only partner who he was able to function with. 002 is his salvation and his decided meaning and focus of life. Again, that sounds awwwwwfully close to the concept of marriage.

Ichigo has nothing to offer Hiro other than destruction of everything in his life that he has finally managed to build. And at this point, given that the Hiro/002 pairing is established, official, sanctioned, etc., what she is doing is trying to break up their relationship and steal Hiro away from 002. And her own partner isn't even registering as an existence in her mind while doing so. It does not matter that she has known him for longer. It does not matter that she is "best girl", or moe, or sweeter that 002. It does not matter that Hiro+002 may not exactly be a healthy relationship. At this point, Hiro is taken. Any advances towards Hiro made by Ichigo at this point qualify as "wrong".

Any rebuttals as to why offering an affair is acceptable? :)

jal90 said:

The problem with symbolic narrative is that it coexists with an explicit narrative. It's not a comparable situation because the characters have agency beyond their symbolic roles, that is, beyond the fact that Ichigo and Hiro are not compatible to turn on a robot there is a narrative of Ichigo being in love with him, which is not related to the FranXX; that's maybe a bit of a problem with the symbolism here, that it doesn't explain or cover completely the range of feelings the characters show, and therefore creates a scenario with two interpretations that don't mesh completely well. And anyway you would have more of a point had Ichigo tried to take Hiro away from Zero Two, which she didn't in this episode, and it's very unlikely that she does in the future seeing how this episode went.

I see what you are saying, but there is a rather major problem with the timing. Ichigo didn't start getting the warm & fuzzies for Hiro until AFTER 002 was in the picture and had already positioned herself at Hiro's side. What's the symbolism behind a woman who doesn't desire a man until he's taken by someone else? :x

Telling Hiro "Don't just look at Zero Two. I want you to look at me, too," then continuing on into her (wisely interrupted) love confession, was her awkward attempt to steal him away from the newcomer. It was also a selfish, dirty and destructive thing to do to Hiro. Rooting for Ichigo at this point is rooting for the cheater. 002 is the undeniable "official wife". :3

----------------------------
NOTE: Going back over the confession scene for this made the scene lose a bit of impact for me.. Because Hiro's footsteps are misanimated for the entire sequence that he is following behind Ichigo. He's basically stepping between her footprints, but the prints behind him are overlap on hers, and there's no trace where he actually stepped... @_@;;
deadman80Feb 27, 2018 12:52 AM
Feb 27, 2018 1:10 AM

Feb 2018
deadman80 said:

Hiro has gained a new lease on life due to his pairing up with 002. He has gained power, prestige, and well-earned self confidence, and a really cool scar. He went from being a drop-out or failure to being the ace of the team because he found "the one" and only partner who he was able to function with. 002 is his salvation and his decided meaning and focus of life. Again, that sounds awwwwwfully close to the concept of marriage.

Ichigo has nothing to offer Hiro other than destruction of everything in his life that he has finally managed to build. And at this point, given that the Hiro/002 pairing is established, official, sanctioned, etc., what she is doing is trying to break up their relationship and steal Hiro away from 002. And her own partner isn't even registering as an existence in her mind while doing so. It does not matter that she has known him for longer. It does not matter that she is "best girl", or moe, or sweeter that 002. It does not matter that Hiro+002 may not exactly be a healthy relationship. At this point, Hiro is taken. Any advances towards Hiro made by Ichigo at this point qualify as "wrong".

For now, yes.

But 002 has a purpose that could make him suffer.
The doctor gave him an advice.

Even if Hiro has a new reason to live, these two reasons are related to Strelizia.
Now ... Let's imagine that 002's dream is to become free, and to go far away (she often suggests him).
It is possible that she is against "Papa", against this society, and even against the plantation 13.
Hiro will be obligatorily involved, and will probably be on the side of 002.

If 002 gets her freedom, she will not ride anymore.
Hiro will not be able to be her wing anymore, and will not be able to ride anymore, whereas these are his two reasons to live currently.

At that moment, he may suffer less by leaving 002 aside ... or at least it is not sure that he will still find an interest in staying with her.
Except if in the meantime, he learns the meaning of "having feelings" (love, kiss....) ...

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm trying to improve it ;p

Feb 27, 2018 1:32 AM

Mar 2010
Tomlora said:
deadman80 said:

For now, yes.

Even if Hiro has a new reason to live, these two reasons are related to Strelizia.
Now ... Let's imagine that 002's dream is to become free, and to go far away (she often suggests him).
It is possible that she is against "Papa", against this society, and even against the plantation 13.

Hiro will not be able to be her wing anymore, and will not be able to ride anymore, whereas these are his two reasons to live currently.

At that moment, he may suffer less by leaving 002 aside ... or at least it is not sure that he will still find an interest in staying with her.
Except if in the meantime, he learns the meaning of "having feelings" (love, kiss....) ...

No problems with your English, don't worry about it. ^^

What you say tho basically boils down to "But Hiro might suffer if he stays with 002..", which is indeed highly likely. Unfortunately, it appears that existence itself is suffering for our cast, who are all soldiers who could lose their lives in combat at any time, so this doesn't carry very much weight in my opinion.

You also left out that "Hiro WILL suffer if he switches to Ichigo," since he will lose all that he has gained in his position as 002's partner. Plus, 002 might kill him. Even by accident. Jealous/enraged women can be terrifying creatures. ._.
Feb 27, 2018 2:18 AM
Jan 2018
deadman80 said:
Tomlora said:

For now, yes.

What you say tho basically boils down to "But Hiro might suffer if he stays with 002..", which is indeed highly likely. Unfortunately, it appears that existence itself is suffering for our cast, who are all soldiers who could lose their lives in combat at any time, so this doesn't carry very much weight in my opinion.

You also left out that "Hiro WILL suffer if he switches to Ichigo," since he will lose all that he has gained in his position as 002's partner. Plus, 002 might kill him. Even by accident. Jealous/enraged women can be terrifying creatures. ._.

Is not true, hiro ride for 02 now, if she manages to escape, she will not ride any more, she will always be her wing because they support each other even if they do not come in ... when hiro kisses her, they will become 2 wings in all respects.
Feb 27, 2018 4:35 AM

Jan 2013
Well of course he will suffer if he stays with Zero Two, this show is about love after all.

And love...

ConfusionHazeFeb 27, 2018 5:05 AM
Feb 27, 2018 6:41 AM

Feb 2018
deadman80 said:
Tomlora said:

For now, yes.

I like the last part lol
Feb 27, 2018 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
That was a good episode. I like how they used the beach setting to expand the character development and the plot, while still keeping things light. Not a fan of the new ED though. The old one was one of my favorite anime EDs. Maybe the new one will grow on me like that one did
Feb 27, 2018 4:17 PM

Oct 2014
Okay, what did I miss?
I was waiting for more plot so that I have more material to shittalk but looks like someone went in.

shanimebib said:
Niyari said:
the moment they kill off Ichigo is the moment i drop this show

I don't think those who wrote the story realized 015 will become this popular in such a short time.

Nah,
if they're as good as I thought (and if they're as good as you the fans have been worshipping,) I think they knew lol
meme is powerful, after all (I think we've foreseen this back at episode 6, that she can turn into a meme after that episode)

ps.: where do you survey, btw? 5ch?
Feb 27, 2018 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
deadman80 said:

Nope. Not really. I cannot even begin to think where to start with piloting mecha now being considered as good as marriage; a decent version of piloting is being considered as having sex/whoring/being cucked. You win unanimously. :)

Revvie-chan said:
shanimebib said:

I don't think those who wrote the story realized 015 will become this popular in such a short time.

Nah,
if they're as good as I thought (and if they're as good as you the fans have been worshipping,) I think they knew lol
meme is powerful, after all (I think we've foreseen this back at episode 6, that she can turn into a meme after that episode)

Did you mean ME by YOU or YOU as in general fans? I am far from a Trigger/Gainax fan. The only anime that I ever truly adored from them is TTGL. And that's that. And most of my favourite A-1 Pics anime are slice of life like Ano Hana, Gin no Saji, Uchuu Kyoudai. I have very little interest in other anime from them which are usually alright, mediocre or dreadful.

The writing isn't that good of Darli-fra. But it isn't bad either. As far as creating and writing the characters go, I would have called it a bad writing, because when you allow side characters get more popularity than the main character (eg. Re:Zero) then it's one thing which is not the case for Darli-fra. They did two things right here. They created one character with a lot of appeal in appearance with badass personality on top of being half human half animal character which we know how much Japan likes, and another character with a lot of appeal that follows the dedicated type (you read 'waifu' type) that Japan seems to cuddle a lot like Asuna, Krista, Rem, Katou. (It hurt incredibly mentioning Katou there, because she is truly precious and deserves to be cuddled.)

Yep. The formerly known 2ch mostly. I have stopped following pixiv and nico to determine actual popularity because they don't really represent the actual popularity. Apparently 015 is way popular in bangumi as well (a chinese equivalent of anikore). She has been popular since episode 2 and has been going toe to toe with 002 for a while, but episode 5 gave her a big push. 002 recovered some points through episode 6 but the gap is now even bigger after episode 7. It's going a certain Rem trend right now.

In any case, if you are wondering who I think is the best girl, which is unlikely to change throughout the anime for me AND actually IS the best girl: I have already mentioned her a number of times all over the darli-fra threads. Here is one: [Who's the best girl?]
Coronavirus.
Feb 27, 2018 8:41 PM

Oct 2014
shanimebib said:

Revvie-chan said:

Nah,

Did you mean ME by YOU or YOU as in general fans? I am far from a Trigger/Gainax fan. The only anime that I ever truly adored from them is TTGL. And that's that. And most of my favourite A-1 Pics anime are slice of life like Ano Hana, Gin no Saji, Uchuu Kyoudai. I have very little interest in other anime from them which are usually alright, mediocre or dreadful.

The writing isn't that good of Darli-fra. But it isn't bad either. As far as creating and writing the characters go, I would have called it a bad writing, because when you allow side characters get more popularity than the main character (eg. Re:Zero) then it's one thing which is not the case for Darli-fra. They did two things right here. They created one character with a lot of appeal in appearance with badass personality on top of being half human half animal character which we know how much Japan likes, and another character with a lot of appeal that follows the dedicated type (you read 'waifu' type) that Japan seems to cuddle a lot like Asuna, Krista, Rem, Katou. (It hurt incredibly mentioning Katou there, because she is truly precious and deserves to be cuddled.)

Yep. The formerly known 2ch mostly. I have stopped following pixiv and nico to determine actual popularity because they don't really represent the actual popularity. Apparently 015 is way popular in bangumi as well (a chinese equivalent of anikore). She has been popular since episode 2 and has been going toe to toe with 002 for a while, but episode 5 gave her a big push. 002 recovered some points through episode 6 but the gap is now even bigger after episode 7. It's going a certain Rem trend right now.

In any case, if you are wondering who I think is the best girl, which is unlikely to change throughout the anime for me AND actually IS the best girl: I have already mentioned her a number of times all over the darli-fra threads. Here is one: [Who's the best girl?]

oh Hayamin.

Actually, not really. The fact that a side girl is more popular isn't necessarily means bad writing. Sometimes someone higher up, be it the writer, or the director, or maybe someone else just love the character, and that affects a lot on the creative process.
The latest prominent example of this is Rem, and of how you can tell clearly that the director loves her, with each and every screenplay.
At other times they force it in for marketing purpose. Latest prominent example is how Aniplex pushed Astolfo instead of Joan in Fate Apocrypha.
And sometimes it's just what it is. A character or a work is proper good and they sell anyway despite the lack of budget and planning.
But that doesn't mean that it's bad writing. It's fine if the side girl is more popular, as long as the writing around her is proper and it makes sense if she loses/wins.
(That's... also one of the reason why I haven't chew on Ichigo and the waifu war here. I think I will, but not now.)

No internet forum is accurate on a global level.
Thus is why we need to look everywhere.
pixiv and other artist-driven places are good place to judge which character will probably get lots of new fan-made materials. This includes doujins and stuff, which can drive exposure, and further more popularity for quite a bit.
bilibili and bangumi are a nice gauge for Chinese base, for the bot-voters and fanbase-voting there have some real power, and are notorious for breaking many polls (especially polls regarding love live made by bandai.)
MAL is pretty floating, although there's one prominent faction here: the Gintama faction =D
There are also specific places for HK, CIS and Russia, Portuguese-based fans, SEA fans, and even the Middle East. Lots of places, and my language is limited, so I have to rely on talking with people that can speak English (like you here) as well as my trustee double layer of google translate.

So, well, is also one of the reasons why I'm still here.
Feb 28, 2018 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
Oh! The Parasites are having fun at the bitch with bitch Zero Two...i mean having fun at the beach with bitch Zero Two.
Ichigo's so lovely, she's the character that needs to be treasured!
4/5.

Feb 28, 2018 12:39 AM

Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
deadman80 said:

Nope. Not really. I cannot even begin to think where to start with piloting mecha now being considered as good as marriage; a decent version of piloting is being considered as having sex/whoring/being cucked. You win unanimously. :)

Less about piloting mecha and more about swearing your life to another. ^^ This is not one of those mecha shows where they are merely operators of machines after all. There's some sort of mental/emotional linking thing going on supposedly, plus there are a lot of things that appear to be intentionally marriage-like, so I'd say there is a reasonable basis for the analog. Also, Hiro's oath-to-self dedicating himself to 002 was the apparent reason for his recovery from the DinoAIDS, so I'd say it is likely intended to carry similar weight to the concept of marriage.

Feb 28, 2018 1:38 AM

Sep 2011
lol at people who appear to be super buttmad that they haven't explained how Hiro recovered from AIDs yet. Newsflash people, sometimes shows like to have secrets and do big reveals later. Not everything needs a spoonfed explanation as soon as it happens.
Feb 28, 2018 9:38 AM
Aug 2015
My first post ever never thought this would happen.

A beach episode that actual has value to the story it is a miracle.

Ichigo has either raised the death flag or the "Rem" flag, I am leaning towards hopefully the "Rem" flag.

In regards to Hiro I am putting my money that he is no longer human and the Dr is telling him that he must be careful not lose his humanity.

The Mistsuru and Kokoro thing just doesn't sit well with me, if robot NTR happens then I would be rather irritated and disappointed with Trigger. On the other hand if this results in character growth between Futoshi and Kokoro strengthening their numbers I will be happy.

Feb 28, 2018 9:41 AM

Feb 2018
Fallanx said:

In regards to Hiro I am putting my money that he is no longer human and the Dr is telling him that must be careful to not lose his humanity.

None of the group seems entirely human since the beginning ^^

On the other hand, the idea that it turns into something else is possible :p
Feb 28, 2018 11:14 AM

Dec 2016
Fallanx said:
Ichigo has either raised the death flag or the "Rem" flag, I am leaning towards hopefully the "Rem" flag.

In regards to Hiro I am putting my money that he is no longer human and the Dr is telling him that he must be careful not lose his humanity.

Ichigo death flag is highly unlikely. There is no chance that she will die until Hiro gets a clue and realizes that she has romantic interest in him. Her death wouldn't have the same impact otherwise.

I think the Dr's warning has more to do with Hiro falling in love with Zero Two. He specifically says "don't let her consume your emotions". I suspect he is suggesting that she wouldn't be able to reciprocate - she will "consume his emotions" without giving anything back. With the result that Hiro would crumble mentally and either be unable to pilot again or else lose his control or judgement and get the rest of his squad killed.
Feb 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Sep 2015
Was about to be disappointed since it's a beach episode but I think it turned out pretty good. One oft he better episodes in fact. More world building and character introductions than any other characters. Kind of sad that it is a beach episode that did this the best but at the same time it is one of the best beach episodes I ever seen.
Feb 28, 2018 3:58 PM

Dec 2016
Of course a show about kids having sex in giant mechs is gonna have a beach episode!! I mean guys, what else should we have expected, and don't get me started on that Zero-Two and Ichigo greatness
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 28, 2018 4:41 PM

Jul 2016
Pure beach episode huh? Ha daym
Feb 28, 2018 9:32 PM

Jan 2017
I did not expect there to be a beach episode this early in the series....
Feb 28, 2018 10:12 PM

Apr 2016
Lotta fanservice but well can't really say I didn't enjoy it. I like how 02 looked at the gang from afar, though it could be a hint of her gloomy fate, I don't know. That aside, Ichigo's interaction with Hiro is quite interesting but still don't get why she turned Tsundere mode on out of nowhere.
Mar 1, 2018 1:32 PM
Feb 2018

HAhah my bad, full klaxosaur sounds way much more accurate than full demon form. Can you link the image of Zero Two with the huge shadow that u were talking about in the post below. Cheers!

[/quote]

https://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=734&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=TI6TWqzIOoz2vgSDhYU4&q=darling+in+the+frankxx+phone+wallpaper&oq=darling+in+the+frankxx+phone&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0l2.122257.123281.0.123958.6.4.0.2.2.0.139.548.0j4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.5.435...0i67k1j0i10i67k1.0.KYXKf0jNwhM#imgrc=EtSJ1e0ujXj6VM:

Its actually one of the poster pictures of the series. I have it as my phone wallpaper! But in hindsight, it isn't as dramatic as I made it sound. Hahhahaa. My bads good sir! Cheers to you too![/quote]

You're right, her hair is straight sticking to the side and not downwards. Her shadow is so much weirder than what she actually looks like. Btw sorry i didnt reply sooner, the quote thing seemed to fail on ur latest post.
Mar 1, 2018 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
Beach episode!!! xD
Ichigo was so cute in this episode :3
And i really like 02's hair.
I still think that there is something that they didn't tell us about 02, especially after what Dr.Franxx told to Hiro...there is something else.
So Hiro started questioning why did they left the normal life to move to those giant cities?Maybe papa and other people are hiding something?
Because after all, this anime has 24 episode, and now we still don't know much about what happened.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 2, 2018 12:46 AM

Feb 2018
AivanK said:
Beach episode!!! xD

I still think that there is something that they didn't tell us about 02

There are so many things we need to know :D

002, but also Hiro, this world, etc..
TomloraMar 2, 2018 3:00 AM
Mar 2, 2018 12:50 AM
Mar 2018
it is a nice mizugi kai
Mar 2, 2018 4:10 AM

Nov 2016
Finally caught up to the latest episode so far.
Great episode, but I wanted to see more Zero Two.
Mar 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Mar 2014
Fun episode. Ichigo once again proving why she's best grill
Mar 2, 2018 5:00 PM
May 2017
Of course there would be a beach episode. I swear there is one in every anime, no matter how out of place it may be.
Mar 2, 2018 9:26 PM
Mar 2012
A useful beach ep, surprise.
Zorome quite perceptive both in people & hidden places, & cares in his own sour way.
Kokoro thinks about babies while guys are thinking about kisses & adulthood (early ep the visiting team said they never become adults). How it ties with mayoiga the abandoned cities & 'papas' still a mystery.
Lots of deathflag vibes.
Very lively animation that rivals SlowStart.

Mar 2, 2018 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
FirestarAnime said:
Of course there would be a beach episode. I swear there is one in every anime, no matter how out of place it may be.

Saying there is a beach episode in every anime is quite an exaggeration or you simply haven't seen enough anime. For instance, there is no such thing as a beach episode in Shinryaku! Ika Musume.
Coronavirus.
Mar 2, 2018 11:37 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
FirestarAnime said:

Saying there is a beach episode in every anime is quite an exaggeration or you simply haven't seen enough anime. For instance, there is no such thing as a beach episode in Shinryaku! Ika Musume.
Of course I didn't literally mean "every anime." I suppose I should have said "Almost every high school, comedy, or action anime." I just figured that distinction wouldn't be necessary.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1501 by Extremo888 »»
Sep 2, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

343 by NB_Links »»
Sep 1, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

50 by jumbosan »»
Jul 30, 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.