Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
Liked the dialogue between Inaho / Inko. Shows that he isn't emotionless despite the stoic appearance. He's deathly scared yet there is no reason to think about dying because if he died he probably wouldn't feel a thing after seeing how other people were annihilated.

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
Stop double posting, baiting, and the works please.

Jan 2011
This is starting to look pretty good, lets hope it can keep it up.
Jul 19, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2012
SagaraYuzuru said:

If you explained the science of our modern technolgies (Like computers) to a man of the industrial era that lived 200 years ago, do you think he would understand anything he was told? The science of the Aldnoah makes no sense to us, but any attempt to explain it would probably not fix that. Considering how far we have come in less than a hundred years, it's not suprising that technology can advance way beyond of what we understand.

Consider it as an acceptable break from reality. Any attempt to add realism to it would
most likely be tedious, difficult, or confusing for us.

This. I'm tired of this "I don't think that's how science works, I took physics once", because this isn't our universe it's an alternate dimension with different technology. You don't fucking understand it, but that's not necessarily vital to enjoy a show.

Also for anyone still asking, how did he receive the feed from the cameras if nothing can get past the barrier, that was the whole fucking point of them putting him in water. You think he randomly had an opening in his Mech's barrier for no reason? It was very clear that was how he was communicating/receiving camera feed.
MrLiefJul 19, 2014 11:59 PM
Jul 20, 2014 12:07 AM

May 2014

The cover of Volume 1 BD. Look badass.
Jul 20, 2014 12:08 AM

Jul 2009
lol kinda weird how she just transformed like a magical shoujo.
Jul 20, 2014 12:22 AM

Sep 2011
forgiuse said:

The cover of Volume 1 BD. Look badass.
wow that looks sick, whos the artist, anyone know?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 20, 2014 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good,I liked this episode.
Jul 20, 2014 12:52 AM
Feb 2014
Lets just say...
he got... SLAINE!
(⌐■_■)

Yeah, even though the part of having Trillram's mech visible is a problem, I'd be okay with it considering that it was that they probably want show off his design for the audience of the show but actually would only be a shadowy visage of it there. Exposed areas of the mech itself may have light bounce off it exposing some ,though blurred, visual of the mech.

The gripe I do have is that are how primitive its aerial drones are. what about x-ray, infrared, and other rays that has smokescreen piercing wavelengths. Then again, maybe there, it was an advanced smoke tech that is so opaque but can only be seen through a specified range wavelength. That'd be interesting.

Overall amazing tactical episode and very satisfying finish.
sephatuJul 20, 2014 1:37 AM
Jul 20, 2014 12:54 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Damn, that soundtrack is really awesome!

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 20, 2014 1:02 AM

Sep 2010
Shouldn't Trillram's mech seen as a black shadow if it is absorbing light....

And how the hell did he manage to get out from the mech, he was fully surrounded?
Jul 20, 2014 1:03 AM

Apr 2008
twonline said:

And how the hell did he manage to get out from the mech, he was fully surrounded?

The mech slumped into the water so he just swam out
Jul 20, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2007
That was an A+ episode from the first second to the last. Brilliant! This anime gets my approval. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 20, 2014 1:19 AM

Jan 2014
That was bloody awesome. There's always a new OST every episode which is pretty amazing.

So I guess
Slaine 'slain' the villain eh?
Get it? hehehe...
I'll show the exit myself, thanks....
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jul 20, 2014 1:28 AM

Apr 2013
The princess sure is enjoying herself on Earth.
Jul 20, 2014 1:42 AM

Mar 2013
okay last episode kind of ruined it for me the series but this episode made it alot better. Looking forward to it again :] and of course the princess was alive!
Jul 20, 2014 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
lol I knew that wimpy dude would betray the Vers eventually, in b4 him stealing one of the Vers mech and love triangle forming.

Nice tactic although that is one HUGE gap just for receiving camera and communication feed considering the width of the knife and the MC sliced quite a sizable part of the mech's body. It's quite a wonder that none of the thousands bullets fired at it hit that spot but I guess questioning that would be like question why storm troopers never hit their target.

Once again the adults have been inexplicably made to look like fools being upped by an inexperienced high school kids.
Jul 20, 2014 2:03 AM

Nov 2013
Welp, I can't be the only one around here who compared that after credits scene to Shino's flashback in Sword Art Online.
Jul 20, 2014 2:04 AM

Feb 2014
itsvero said:
I really hope Slaine joins Inaho and co. because then he wouldn't be the Suzaku-rival-type and the Terrans would actually be able to put up a fight against Vers.

Yeah I'm hoping Slaine gets some more development too.
Jul 20, 2014 2:11 AM

Apr 2008
MoeGod said:
lol I knew that wimpy dude would betray the Vers eventually, in b4 him stealing one of the Vers mech and love triangle forming.

Nice tactic although that is one HUGE gap just for receiving camera and communication feed considering the width of the knife and the MC sliced quite a sizable part of the mech's body. It's quite a wonder that none of the thousands bullets fired at it hit that spot but I guess questioning that would be like question why storm troopers never hit their target.

Once again the adults have been inexplicably made to look like fools being upped by an inexperienced high school kids.

Actually if you look back at the past episodes you will notice no one ever got a chance to attack it's behind let alone such a random spot.
Jul 20, 2014 2:13 AM
Jul 2013
The episode seems to be great so far. The animation looks good. The music sounds great. The fighting scenes is awesome especially since Inaho figured out its weakness and launched a successful plan against it. I also hope (and a bit sure) that Inaho will become more and more expressive (lack of facial expressions might be something that he received after a certain event in the past). As for the last scene, Slaine has just "slain" Trilliam. Yeah, you go, Slaine. Shoot the bastard down!
Jul 20, 2014 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
twonline said:

True, it should. But light is somewhat different from the other matter in the sense that it has no mass. Maybe that barrier only absorbs matter that has mass.
Also explains how martian robots are able to fire weapons from it - laser is a light beam weapon after all. And this would also mean that humans only need to equip laser weapons on their craft and martians are toast :D
AlexGKJul 20, 2014 2:24 AM
Jul 20, 2014 2:15 AM
May 2010
The OST was truly awesome, can't wait until it's out!
And the whole episode was pretty intense. GJ, children's echelon!
Jul 20, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2012
Good OST, nice episode. Was nice to see Slaine shooting that annoying man.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 20, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
Probably the best anime this season. It doesn't deserve the rank MAL is giving it due to it probably not being so popular.
"Hi!"
Jul 20, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2011
fst said:
silverwalls said:
great episode!
the princess is still alive.. surprise, surprise.. i wonder why she sided with the terrans though?

Oh, I don't know... this is just a guess, but perhaps it's because the martians tried to assassinate her?

Nah, that's probably just a coincidence.

How would she know that? The ones who tried were terrans after all. How would she know they were traitors?
We will probably know in the next episodes.
Jul 20, 2014 2:26 AM

Oct 2013
best anime of the season!
Jul 20, 2014 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
Scene after ED was cool. OST great as usual.
Jul 20, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2011
On the shipping part - Yuki now has a rival for Marito, eh? If Inaho and Slaine really become rivals for the princess where will Inko be left :D Also, albeit the nice surprise that Calm didnt die this episode, he is still dead man walking for me. So who gets Inko :P
If the anime avoids the triangle cliche for the main characters it will be a huge plus for me. There is no need for that.
Jul 20, 2014 2:43 AM

Sep 2010
Darklight0303 said:
twonline said:

So they didn't even try to find him???

AlexGK said:
twonline said:

True, it should. But light is somewhat different from the other matter in the sense that it has no mass. Maybe that barrier only absorbs matter that has mass.
Also explains how martian robots are able to fire weapons from it - laser is a light beam weapon after all. And this would also mean that humans only need to equip laser weapons on their craft and martians are toast :D

If light is not absorbed he wouldn't need those droid cameras to see.
Jul 20, 2014 2:46 AM

Apr 2008
twonline said:
Darklight0303 said:

So they didn't even tried to find him???

They don't know the detailed designs of the cataphract. For all Inaho knew, the cockpit could have been near that opening where he unloaded his rifle into so the fact that the machine slumped could have meant the pilot was dead. It's an oversight but given the circumstances it's not that unlikely
Jul 20, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2011
great epd. IQ of the kids were great, Action was great, OST was amazing. Trillram had it coming. The first 2 epds were nice to set up this epd.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 20, 2014 3:07 AM
Dec 2011
Think Nikoleras still can be seen as a purple mecha is just artistic license, most probably to the characters it's just a black mass but the mecha is properly shown for the audience. Or you just not supposed to think that much about it.

Trillram's mecha is inconvenient if it's in battle individually, but to be fair Count Cruhteo sent Slaine and Trillram there for investigation and capture the area's leader, not to engage in combat. Had the mission was a combat mission the Count would have send proper reinforcement to cover up Nikoleras' weakness. The Martians still have overwhelmed power though, it's going to take a lot of human sacrifices to figure out how to take down the castles and the nobles aren't as stupid as Trillram to expose their weaknesses like that.

Love how all characters properly involved in the fight, even the princess.
Jul 20, 2014 3:17 AM

Jul 2010
http://storage.workupload.com/image/AXqPAi8R
the external cameras being deployed back in ep.2

wonder why people get “head scratch” with Inaho get to discover the enemy’s prowess where in the military should while people forgive the massive amount of atrocity Code geass have done with the military forces showing Lelouch is so intelligent while in fact he is the only one who is using his brain and the other commanders presented as total dumbasses
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 20, 2014 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
AmberFebruary said:

wonder why people get “head scratch” with Inaho get to discover the enemy’s prowess where in the military should while people forgive the massive amount of atrocity Code geass have done with the military forces showing Lelouch is so intelligent while in fact he is the only one who is using his brain and the other commanders presented as total dumbasses

Inaho doesn't see them though, he only predicted that they use external cameras.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jul 20, 2014 3:26 AM

Jul 2010
Wind_God_Girl said:
AmberFebruary said:

Inaho doesn't see them though, he only predicted that they use external cameras.

that's the point. he get to theorize everything because they survived an encounter, he only managed to logically provide an answer with all the presented clues, not whip something out magically, so wonder why people keep getting this problem that the military should have discovered these things first

well maybe they should have survived a fight and also managed to escape in a tunnel
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 20, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this episode that OST during the battle so fucking amazing. Oh and the ending when dude shot one of the guys trying to kill the Princess fucking crazy he got what he deserved you don't ever mess with royalty especially the princess.
Best anime so far this season.
Jul 20, 2014 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
Whoaaa!!
That was friggin awesome, especially the OST
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 20, 2014 4:48 AM

May 2012
AmberFebruary said:

Code geass is an exception. ''El Classico'' compared to ''new shit''. What do you expect ?

Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 20, 2014 5:15 AM

May 2009
neurogal91 said:
Think Nikoleras still can be seen as a purple mecha is just artistic license, most probably to the characters it's just a black mass but the mecha is properly shown for the audience. Or you just not supposed to think that much about it.

Trillram's mecha is inconvenient if it's in battle individually, but to be fair Count Cruhteo sent Slaine and Trillram there for investigation and capture the area's leader, not to engage in combat. Had the mission was a combat mission the Count would have send proper reinforcement to cover up Nikoleras' weakness. The Martians still have overwhelmed power though, it's going to take a lot of human sacrifices to figure out how to take down the castles and the nobles aren't as stupid as Trillram to expose their weaknesses like that.

Love how all characters properly involved in the fight, even the princess.

Actually explanation is simpler. Nikoleras absorbs light but Light of Aldnoah makes him look normal. Everytime when Bowlhair activated special power mecha become first black, then usual look returned.
Jul 20, 2014 5:20 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was a great plan they had and that stoic kid is a brilliant tactician.

Great episode!!!
Jul 20, 2014 5:23 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Inaho was cool. Good tactician. Slaine might join the humans for what he did. The Princess Asseylum is a pain imo. No wonder the martians want her dead. Still, better episode than last week's.
Jul 20, 2014 5:24 AM
Oct 2008
While I loved the episode... one thing kinda irks me how did that guy get out of the mech and swim back to shore with no one seeing I can't think of a good reason other than to have Slaine kill him and learn of their assasination plot.
Jul 20, 2014 5:31 AM

Apr 2008
pillsbury15 said:
While I loved the episode... one thing kinda irks me how did that guy get out of the mech and swim back to shore with no one seeing I can't think of a good reason other than to have Slaine kill him and learn of their assasination plot.

The mech fell head first into the water. The hatch was on the front. He could have swam under the surface and Inaho and gang likely presumed him dead
Jul 20, 2014 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, Aldnoah Zero is fucking destroying everything this season on the charts right now, even overhyped shit like SOA2

Jul 20, 2014 5:42 AM

Oct 2013
ex_necross said:
Wow, Aldnoah Zero is fucking destroying everything this season on the charts right now, even overhyped shit like SOA2

Where'd you get that?
Jul 20, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2012
ex_necross said:

Get rekt SAO
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 20, 2014 6:06 AM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
[b]
The princess was awesome and I like how they lured that machine into the ocean in which the machine sucks up mass but can't do so on water. Nice. These kids got some brains.

Actually I think the barrier still functioned under water, but Inaho and his crew were able to pinpoint the openings, like the sole of the Kataphrakt's feet, and the receptor.

The Nilokera had a cool design, and it worked well with CGI. So far all the mechs are looking cool in CGI.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Jul 20, 2014 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
ex_necross said:

Probably best thing I've heard all day.
Jul 20, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Pknoctis said:
Yes but it wasn't black.
thats an actual (but really minor) flaw there. It really doesnt ruin anything in the slightest as its pretty much irrelevant to all the series but at least this observation has more logic into it than that awful knife argument.
Actually it sort of does since the barrier would make the mecha look black except for the places where it's not there, which means the water trap thing is meaningless.

Unless the barrier itself gives out light waves then that's a different story.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.