Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 24, 2014 8:34 AM
Jun 2014
Hum, happy ending? Really strange and unrealistic ending, so 6/10...

Wait, Chitaru and Hitsugi are alive, so I don't care. 8/10 xD

I think Yuri Meichi (the chairwoman) is the only real "yuri" we have in this anime x)

BTW, It's possible that it's an alternative ending created for the anime, because the manga is not finish.
Jun 24, 2014 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
They ALL survived? I don't count that transformer thing..
You mean all that tension the other episodes been building up to has been in vain? Well, maybe tension is exaggerating a bit.
It would have been a great ending if the characters that seemed dead. Were dead.
Jun 24, 2014 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
I really liked the beginning with the Tokakus and so. When it was confirmed that it was the real Tokaku who wants to kill Haru and her motivations... well... I was pretty shocked... but I still like it. And then Tokaku killed Nio and Haru and cried about how her wish cannot be granted anymore. Until that moment it was a good ending for me.

AND THEN EVERYONE IS ALIVE AND HAPPY WITH THEIR LIVES. No.
Jun 24, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
yoosergio said:
Why was this episode only 14 minutes long?

It wasn't. :L
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
The first half was solid, but what the hell just happened with the ending? Are you kidding me? A complete asspull happily ever after for everyone? Why does anime keep doing this? Stop bringing people back just because emotionally unstable otaku can't cope when they see a cute girl killed in anime. And what the hell is with Haru x Tokaku at the end? Stab, time skip, oh yaaay we bffs <333. Maybe if they didn't waste time with a monster of the week format show, they wouldn't have had to rush in such a shitty ending.

For something that was all about assassin's, murder, and being grim dark, this show couldn't even kill a fucking blade of grass. What was the point of Tokaku's development and resolve to kill if no one really died?

I really hate to define an entire show's value by the conclusion, but this one just removed all meaning from the last 11.5 episodes. Literally just went from decent/good to borderline garbage in the last 9 minutes. An easy 7/10 was just murdered and all that survived was a measly 3.5/10. Or hey, maybe I'll decide to randomly bring it back to life like they did with every fucking organism in that show and settle on a 5/10.
Jun 24, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, don't really care what anyone else says, I enjoyed the Mega-Happy Ending. Whether it was because Tokaku was able to somehow wish them back to life or through the characters' own inherent toughness, just about everyone managed to survive. I was wondering if we'd ever find out what happened to the characters who didn't apparently die, and we got to catch up with just about all of them.

I should've known that the Tokaku that attacked Haru at the end of the last episode was Nio, they even played her image song in the OP to clue us in to the fact that it wasn't the real Tokaku. The mirror image fight was a bit confusing but fortunately they threw in a few sharp-toothed grins from Nio so we were clear who was who. Then Tokaku stabs Haru anyway just to prove that she wasn't being controlled after all. Good thing she'd already survived all those assassination attempts so she had a bionic rib; some may call BS, but we've been seeing those scars all over her body since the beginning, it's not exactly unbelievable that she might have had to've replaced or reinforced some broken bones. It's a pretty common medical procedure, just ask anyone with an artificial hip.

Overall I enjoyed the series, one of my favorites this season. Tons of cute girls, nice action scenes, intrigue, and some subtle yuri. I'll give it a 9.5/10.
Blind_GuardianJun 24, 2014 2:10 PM
Jun 24, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
It's finally over. This was such bullshit series I can't believe I finished it. But I yet have to drop something after starting watching it. And here I thought it was a choujo ai anime, 'cause a friend of mine got me hooked on it with the Romeo and Juliet scene.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Jun 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2011
The Titanium ribs was random. Just when you thought everyone died in the end,how did this happen =.=? I enjoyed the series the most at ep 10 & 11 they delivered the action I was looking for. Overall (6.5~7/10) for me.
Jun 24, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
Well, that wasn't a great ending. So much asspull in the last few minutes. I did like the action and thriller part of the series. Quite fun.

bye 6/10
hi 5/10
Jun 24, 2014 5:34 PM
Sep 2011
So the show decided to cop-out and go for a happy ending, even though it makes absolutely no sense when compared to the rest of the show. Honestly I feel this show had a great premise, and I'm really sad that it played it all so safe and by the numbers, in the end it just feels really forgettable, which should be impossible when you remember the description of the show is, "Lesbian Assasins fighting other assasins for survival. On top of that at times the writing was just bad, and the show never seemed to figure out how serious it wanted people to take it.(One episode would be a serious and depressing, while the next would be bloody cyborgs).

As for my opinion on everyone apparantly being alive:Well it shows why the show is about Lesbians, because it's got no balls.
Jun 24, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
I... I feel so cheated.
There was so much potential using an assassin story with an all female cast (if you want to nitpick sure there were the two male teachers who didn't impact the plot at all) but pretty much the best thing about this were the EDs... everything was so rushed but ESPECIALLY that ending. Seriously, wtf??? Titanium ribs?? Where did THAT come from. And I thought Angel Trumpet was supposed to be great at poisoning her victims christ.

Akuma no Riddle didn't deserve its characters. At all.
Jun 25, 2014 10:12 AM
Apr 2014
MaineMeta said:
The last 5-10 minutes, even if were cute...

Anyway, AnR was a great anime!!

My thoughts exactly :(( disappointing ending.
Jun 25, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2011
Uhhh.... It was OK. I thought Tokaku was planning on attacking Haru to test if her abilities caused her to user her powers. I thought that the multiple Tokaku was proof that Haru spawned a protector in the form of Tokaku as proof, but I was way off.

Haru was best girl. I like Kanemoto Hisako's voice as a genki character-type.

5 is average, so 6/10. Slightly above average.
Jun 26, 2014 3:58 AM

Aug 2012
I don't get all the hatred. It had flaws, maybe, but overall I enjoyed watching this. It's more serious than most of the anime today, had nice art, and the relation between Tokaku and Haru was very cute. Some episodes were great, some were bad. I usually prefer sad ending but this one was pretty convenient in my opinion. Anyway, what else could Tokaku have wished after all? There's no reason of such a rant :)

7/10
Jun 26, 2014 7:23 AM
May 2014
i aM IN PAIN MY HEART IS BROKEN WHAT THE FRICK
Jun 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Feb 2012
Why/how was everyone alive in the end? I like 'happy endings', but this series was supposed to be 'mildly dark' and serious. I feel fooled. I had high hopes and wanted to enjoy the series, but.. I don't know what went wrong.

I guess it wasn't bad..? I don't know.
Jun 26, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
MaineMeta said:
The last 5-10 minutes, even if were cute...

Anyway, AnR was a great anime!!

EXACTLY. This felt like an ending of a Disney movie where they try to make everything so happy and wonderful!!111 Bull to the shit.

6/10, ending really ruined this for me.
Jun 26, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2011
This was one of the worst endings I've ever seen. Don't know if that ending was just what Tokaku's dream was or if it was the real ending but either way I hated it. The whole series was just ruined by this episode.
Jun 26, 2014 2:16 PM
Jun 2014
Hum, I think I like this ending. For me, Akuma no Riddle is about forgiveness. Haru said "if you are alive, it's the proof that you are forgiven". Even Nio said that at the end. So, if everyone are alive, it's because they are forgiven.
Jun 27, 2014 7:47 AM

Feb 2012
will hold my rating till the special to get a full grasp of what happened at the end. eithier the final half is harus ideal or just a unecessary copout.
Jun 27, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2012
I remember when I told after I watched 2nd episode "I bet noone will die in this show". I was right.
Jun 27, 2014 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
The ending is fine I guess.
My expectation for this show lowered when wixoss started screwing with my head.
It's been a while since I have seen such "happy" ending.

I've seen worse stories and endings (oh Mahou Sensou, I'm talking about you)...
Jun 27, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was a decent final episode...until the bullshit ending. You gotta love how a bad ending can ruin an entire show.
Jun 28, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2007
Am I the only one who saw the bullshit happily ever after ending a mile away?

whatever I'm glad this is over
Jun 29, 2014 5:29 PM
Jan 2014
For a anime about assassins and assassinations there is a surprising lack of death...
Jun 30, 2014 9:19 AM
Dec 2009
What's the point of this anime again? It ended with nobody dying. I think it was a pretty bad anime becasue it ended without a proper meaningful ending
Jul 1, 2014 2:48 AM

Jul 2012
Monochrome said:
jigsawltd said:
I actually cant believe what you're all saying, NONE OF THEM SURVIVED. Haru daydreamed them all living and seeing what possible outcomes could have had happened, in all the scenes you see some of them having their diploma's but she was still holding onto them, CAN YOU RETARDS THINK?

This is why I hate the anime community, the amount of weaboos who don't have any form of education or degrees
lolwut? None of them had their diplomas

I quit life, I'm done, suicide here I come
Jul 1, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2012
jigsawltd said:
Monochrome said:
lolwut? None of them had their diplomas

I quit life, I'm done, suicide here I come
What are you talking about, professor?
Jul 1, 2014 10:31 AM

Sep 2013

He was trying to be sarcistic but failed like a tard and the other guy responded failing to realize the horribly put sarcism XD

By the way, they survived and are free because Haru forgave them.

The whole point of this anime is FORGIVENESS, just like you want to be forgiven for your mistakes they too want to be forgiven and forgiving others mean to move past whatever happened.
Deep stuff.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1208151
Jul 1, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:

He was trying to be sarcistic but failed like a tard and the other guy responded failing to realize the horribly put sarcism XD

The whole point of this anime is FORGIVENESS, just like you want to be forgiven for your mistakes they too want to be forgiven and forgiving others mean to move past whatever happened.
Deep stuff.

we got ourselves a thinker
Jul 1, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2011
Deus ex Machinae ahoy!

But seriously though, that ending was just pulled out of thin air; no explanations for how any of them lived, especially the ones stabbed through the heart with a knife.
Jul 2, 2014 1:59 AM

Jul 2012
still less bullshit than in ngnl
Jul 2, 2014 2:52 AM

Jul 2014
A quick question, isnt the teacher for black class the same guy as Kaiba? at the end when Kaiba received a message, you can clearly see his hair is a wig, and under the wig its the same hairstyle as the teacher.
Or am I actually imagining it?
How do I signature?
Jul 2, 2014 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
this anime could be so good but it wasn't, it was just fine.
They rushed it so hard. Too many characters, their backgrounds weren't well explained (c'mon 1minute for a story).
And the ending was pretty messy...
welp. I gave it 5/10
Jul 2, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah disappointment of Spring 2014.
It had the potential, so much, but I just should have known from the beginning that that road would not be taken.
Incredibly rushed and weak.
Jul 2, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
Everyone lives ._.
Jul 2, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
ichii_1 said:

Deep stuff.
Although an interesting perspective, I think this did a poor job if it was truly trying to convey that message. Due to the monster of the week format the majority of the show took on, this never stuck with me as a central theme and at best I would consider it a bonus after thought. There was never any real development in the assassins to warrant this forgiveness other than Haru being overly optimistic and the girls failing to kill her because of the Black Class's conditions. I mean, Haru was so naive that she believed every word her classmates said despite knowing their intentions. Her character was about as shallow as the stab that was deflected by her titanium ribs.

There's also the issue as to how this series tried to pass itself off as dark and gruesome yet went with a campy 'everyone wins' ending. I probably wouldn't have minded the happy go lucky ending if they weren't slinging around the words murder, death, and killing like it was as natural as breathing air.
Jul 2, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2012
This was so bad. God.
Jul 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Sep 2013
This whole anime can be summed up in two words, which I still cannot get over.

Jul 2, 2014 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
Man this episode started solid, and then they coped out hard core. Are you serious? They actually had a real ending and ditched it. If they were going to show that ending, the should have had Haru win, "everyone being happy and graduate" be her wish, but realizing that it was impossible. This ending really dropped the ball and the rating of this show.
"Hey! I'm totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair."
Jul 2, 2014 11:49 PM
Jul 2012
dalollypop said:
still less bullshit than in ngnl

>ngnl
they are in a gaming world, not the real world like this anime is, an amount of BS is acceptable in ngnl, whereas in the real world, when you drink a vial of poison an stab someone through the heart creating a puddle of blood while an audience sits there clapping, there is an understanding you are most likely going to die
Jul 3, 2014 12:08 AM

Oct 2012
Akuma no Bullshit. Enough said.

Here I thought this would end dramatically. Hmm, I guess in a way, it did. W/e.
Jul 3, 2014 4:28 AM

Mar 2013
Illogical plot with strange ending, BUT I am perfectly contented with it :D
chitaru and kirigaya surviving turn this into 5/5
Jul 3, 2014 5:35 PM

Jan 2012
this anime was such a piece of shit
Jul 5, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
How did all the dead girls not die now?
Jul 5, 2014 10:16 AM

May 2009
MasterQuest said:
How did all the dead girls not die now?

I've been thinking about this for a bit, and one question popped in my head: how many were actually confirmed dead?

To my knowledge, it was heavily implied that only two (Hitsugi and Chitaru) were really dead, and I guess they just got an antidote administered to them before it was too late to save their lives (which, depending on the poison, is actually possible, though one wonders how much of an effect said poison would have had on Haru, who has already built up a bit of immunity to several types of poison over the course of her life).

Hanabusa probably had her fall broken because of her cybernetic limbs, and the rest of the assassins were probably just immobilized one way or another.
Firelord76Jul 5, 2014 10:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 7:04 AM
Sep 2013
Even though it left me with questions on how some survived at the end still an ok happy end. 7/10
Jul 6, 2014 8:01 PM

Feb 2011
THIZ END SUCKED HARD
dunno if i give this series 6 or 7
Jul 10, 2014 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
Aff.. i was expecting, Haru saying: "I'm not controlling you..! i just love you!" or something like that...

She actually THOUGHT it, but she didn't say it directly to Azuma; she just thought, she didn't speak it to Azuma. So Azuma is unaware about it.

Anyway, does Azuma truly realizes why she was protecting Haru..? Love? maybe..?

I was expecting more (in every way) in this episode, so 3/5
And, for the hole show: 8/10

I really enjoyed AnR. It's really a different anime. The idea of "assassins" (each one with their personality, way to kill, history of life and etc. made/make the show diversified), school, rules and etc was/is really good. I wish there would have more of AnR. And ye, the fact that there all the characters are woman made/make it better.

I started to watching AnR without knowing its gender, and i saw many of you saying about "Yuri" gender. For me, the "Yuri" gender is far away to be the main gender of this series. The "Yuri" is IMPLICIT in AnR, and not EXPLICIT. Some of us (including me) can see that they have some "actions" which lead us to believe that they really LOVE each other (Azuma S2 Haru), but, we don't have a TRUE/SOLID facts (kiss, saying that "i love you" or something like this) to conclude that IT IS LOVE, we just deduce.

SUKI/DAISUKI can be used to refer to a TRUE friendship or to refer LOVE. Besides, we didn't see they kissing or DIRECTLY SAYING (opening the mouth, not just thinking) that they LOVE each other. That's why we just can DEDUCE that they TRULY love each other (or not, and it's just a very close friendship).

"Oh, but in the pool the kissed..!" - Hã? You consider that a (love) kiss..? That was a case to save someones life, it's never a consciously "love kiss". Anyone regardless of gender, regardless they're close friends or not, would do (or try to do) something like that to save someones life.

In short, if eventually they talk that Haru and Azuma have only a deep friendship, it would be no surprise; However, if they speak that Azuma and Haru truly LOVE each other in order to see each other as "woman" (and not just as a friend), also would not be surprise, either.
TechOtakuJul 11, 2014 12:59 AM
Jul 11, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2011
I was confused to see two Tokaku's until one is revealed to be Nio.

There are sure many who don't like the ending. But for me, it's just fine. I thought for sure Nio and Haru died.

Well, that's that. 7/10
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

135 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

126 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

106 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 14, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

100 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 13, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2014

117 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 12, 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.