3It was OK
25.6%
2Disliked it
14.8%
1Hated it
16.4%
Average 3.2
614 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ah this episode got weird. I think I'm seeing doubles, or rather "Tokakus".

I think this is their second time since that one pool episode. Poor Nio. I'm actually going to miss her considering she brightens the gloom and doom atmosphere. Oh wait, she made it yay. What the fuck though, pretty much everyone is alive. I feel trolled
Stark700Jun 19, 2014 12:04 PM
Jun 19, 2014 11:08 AM
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ah this episode got weird. I think I'm seeing doubles, or rather "Tokakus".

And we also get a kiss too. I think this is their second time since that one pool episode. Poor Nio. I'm actually going to miss her considering she brightens the gloom and doom atmosphere. Oh wait, she made it yay. What the fuck though, pretty much everyone is alive. I feel trolled

there was no kiss dont say lies when there wasnt any i just saw the episode
Jun 19, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2012
The last 5-10 minutes, even if were cute...

Anyway, AnR was a great anime!!
Jun 19, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2013
Was this a masterpiece of the comedy genre or am I watching Mai HiME s2?
Jun 19, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
Happy Ending!
Will we have Akuma no Riddle season 2?
Jun 19, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
The beginning blew my mind. WHAT

... Will come back when I have actually finished the whole episode, lmao.
Jun 19, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2010
Whattheheck, how did some of them even survive.. .___.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Jun 19, 2014 3:32 PM
Jun 2014
From what I got, Azuma killed Haru, then her wish was to push a reset button. Not the ending I expected. Nio in disguise was spot on though.
Jun 19, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
yeah this was as bad as Danganronpa, maybe even worse..
Jun 19, 2014 5:21 PM
Jun 2014
If they had gone with the ending that people were expecting, it would have been great.
Jun 19, 2014 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
such a let down , that ending screwed up all the serie for me
Jun 19, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
Very disappointed with that ending. That was a really cheap cop-out of the writing, in my opinion. I really wanted to love this show, but that really ruined it for me. If I hadn't fallen in love with a few of the characters as much as I did, I would've rated it really low.
Jun 19, 2014 11:01 PM

Feb 2010
So this is Kill me baby + Mai-hime after all...just when I start to take it serious...
Jun 20, 2014 1:41 AM

Nov 2013
WHAT!? This episode was plain and straight BS!!

How some of them could even be alive? I don't know, it felt weird. When they were allowed to use the dragon balls and pull out a Krillin?

Last bit was kinda sweet but it felt really anti-climatic. I would have been a lot happier if the ones that were supposed to be dead stayed dead. What a shame, since I was expecting something better.

Still giving it a 7/10 because I kinda enjoyed the rest of the series. Let's just hope the manga doesn't pull up one of these and everything will be alright.
Jun 20, 2014 2:03 AM

Jun 2013
i had no subs so hardly understood anything,what happened when Haru got stabbed?
really confusing episode guess 8/10 but i like happy endings.
Jun 20, 2014 2:31 AM

Nov 2008
AliasAngel said:
i had no subs so hardly understood anything,what happened when Haru got stabbed?
really confusing episode guess 8/10 but i like happy endings.

Well, if you don't have subs it's sure to be confusing...
When she got stabbed the knife touched the bones and didn't pierced the heart. A BS theory...
Apart from the first episode it was one of the worst anime this spring.
Jun 20, 2014 4:04 AM
Mar 2013
sebasuarez9 said:
I knew that the end all be alive, i don't understand why Haru attacked Tokaku .... sayonara Akn... I'll miss you

Haru wanted to prove that she didn't manipulate Tokaku. If she had used her power (intentionally or not doesn't matter) against Tokaku, Tokaku couldn't kill her even when she must make a counterattack to Haru. But they got the answer -- Tokaku could kill Haru if there was no other choice.

By the way, if Haru was a normal girl, she must have died when Tokaku stubbed her chest. But, accoding to Nio and the chairwoman at the last part of the episode, Haru had had several surgical operations before she entered the school because of serious injuries by assassins. Her ribs were partly replaced with artificial bones made of titanium.
htsujiJun 20, 2014 4:14 AM
Jun 20, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
Just a brilliant example how to ruin generally good series.
Jun 20, 2014 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
I dont even care if this ending was rushed/cop out etc. I'm honestly just glad all of them are alive! Including Hitsugi and Chitaru. Honestly even if the ending might seem a bit cliche I'm still happy nevertheless....<3

Also...bit disappointed there was no 'real' kiss between Tokaku and Haru, haha.
Jun 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Jul 2013
I only liked this episode because of the graduation song, it made me shed a few tears even though the ending was crap.

I thought most of them died, but I guess not..
lol
Jun 20, 2014 9:25 AM

Dec 2007
Unlike some others, I wasn't particularly surprised or put off by the "happy" ending, as the show had clearly built up on the whole "not killing" thing. So, it would actually make less sense thematically for any of them to have died.

That being said, I'm still not too happy with the end - I was just expecting it to turn out that way. I think this would have been better if it had been darker and characters had been dying. Still, not a bad series overall, but not that great either. However, we need a Nio OVA . . .
Jun 20, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2013
That was interesting. Weird to see how some of the girls are still alive even though I thought they were dead.
Jun 20, 2014 9:29 AM

May 2014
What the shit is this? Titanium ribs, just pls, Hanabusa was already enough. I wish atleast one of them would have died, i mean Haru or Nio.

In the end i was happy to see Sagae is doing well as a construction worker, she was the best of the class in my opinion. Anyways 7/10 for retarded ending.
Jun 20, 2014 9:32 AM
Mar 2014
It feels kinda stupid to have a setting where everyone is an assassin who has commited homocide, and then have a cop out at the end where HAHA YEAH EVERYONE LIVES

What happened to the girl who got poisoned? Or her girlfriend that got stabbed? In the heart. Did she have Titatinium ribs too??
Jun 20, 2014 9:35 AM
Jun 2014
The show built up on Tokaku "not killing", not the other assassins who we KNOW have already committed quite a few murders. Surprising that they went this route? No. Extremely disappointing and poor writing? Yes.

It would make far more sense for them to have died given the events surrounding some of their deaths. This show should have taken a page from George RR Martin's writing. Or just lifel. haha

Plus the introduction of shamanism was undoubtedly a deus ex machina moment, and a very unnecessary one. Countless stories have used impersonation in realistic ways.

Meh, very disappointed, especially considering how much I enjoyed the rest of the show.
Jun 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
Sourire said:
yeah this was as bad as Danganronpa, maybe even worse..

The difference is,AnR had everyone to survive in the end,in DR there were only 6 survivors and everyone else really died.
Jun 20, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, the ending was a total cop-out, but on the other hand, I'm a huge sucker for happy endings and got everything I wanted.

Came for the yuri, stayed for Nio~su and Tokaku-san. Over the top, ridiculously stupid at times (two all too frequent staples of Japanese action series), but I still managed to enjoy it more than not, thanks to the lovely girls. Gonna be generous since I'm in a good mood: 6/10.
Jun 20, 2014 9:44 AM

Mar 2014
So in the end we only get "I love you" from Haru but she only said it in her heart. *sigh* I was anticipated for a little kiss in this last episode but they want to keep it as subtext as possible huh lol. Why not drop the 'Yuri' tag then. Well, i'm surprised that everyone is still alive. So glad to see Haruki again, I love her^^

Is it too much if i'm asking for a S2?
Jun 20, 2014 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
So,everyone is alive? That's so weird. When I checked the AnR Wikia weeks ago it said Kirigaya and her red-haired seme's status was Deceased,and now they are Alive. Did the anime had an influence to this?
And if someone could tell me,the manga is still ongoing? Thinking of picking up the manga.
Jun 20, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
More forced drama and everyone was revived by magic, awesome.
Jun 20, 2014 9:54 AM
May 2014
The last chapter is great...until a little after the 10 minute mark. Seriosuly, wth. The latter part ruined it. Can't rage enough about this.
Jun 20, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
kawaii-despair said:
So,everyone is alive? That's so weird. When I checked the AnR Wikia weeks ago it said Kirigaya and her red-haired seme's status was Deceased,and now they are Alive. Did the anime had an influence to this?
And if someone could tell me,the manga is still ongoing? Thinking of picking up the manga.
Just read the manga,better explanation and not rushed. And it has more Yuri in it
Jun 20, 2014 10:02 AM
Jun 20, 2014 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good anime after all.

Nio took the form of Tokaku and tried to kill Ichinose. Good thing, the real Toaku came to save Ichinose.

Everyone at the ending are all alive.
removed-userJun 20, 2014 10:29 AM
Jun 20, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2013
Was a good episode except for the part about how everyone was still alive after everything. The show was about a class full of assassins and no one died in the entire show. Kinda missing the point here.

Through the show though it was interesting but other than the main two characters, you never got a chance for anyone's development since they had really one episode per and then they were done. 6/10
Jun 20, 2014 10:45 AM
Jul 2012
I'm still really confused as how some of them survived. Didn't one drink poison and the other got stabbed in the heart? (not haru, the juliet actress). And I thought Tokaku choked one to death too.
Jun 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Sep 2010
So basically one big dues ex machina? Is this in the manga or is this anime only ending bullshit?

7/10 I liked the action scenes and while the last few minutes were cute and did make me tear up it was just ridiculous how did that girl survive drinking a whole vile of poison?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 20, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
LOL that ending...
Whatever the series was still enjoyable for me and Ill just continue the manga
Jun 20, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
"Thus, the world is fulfilled by ___ "
A:Forgiveness?

What I don't understand is this battle was for heir to the Hive.... So if the "Queen Bee" is still alive is she still the Queen? If not how does she get her freedom?
Jun 20, 2014 11:30 AM
May 2014
Let's be honest you guys should have seen the no death ending coming it was forecasted way early on in the anime when in the romeo and juliet scene they took the deadly poison and they went to the hospital instead of dying and yes it was mentioned in that episode or the following that they went to the hospital. The fact that no one was dying the whole series pretty much reinforces that no one will die, I was actually pleasantly surprised by the ending I thought it was going to be the same typical oh no I killed her what have I done or I protected her all this time time to kill her cause i'm a cold hearted bitch bwahahahaha. No the happy ending was quite a stray from how animes of this type typically end was a bland every episode assassin fight which would put it at a solid 5/10 but the ending definitely boosted it to a 7/10 for me.
Jun 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
ava_chan said:
kawaii-despair said:
Just read the manga,better explanation and not rushed. And it has more Yuri in it

The Manga is barely past the Romeo & Juliet scene...
Jun 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
People saying that the Tokaku at the beginning was not the real Tokaku are confusing me.

So correct me if I'm wrong... but the Tokaku with the sword in the beginning is actually the real Tokaku.. and the Tokaku who saves Haru and claims that the Tokaku with sword is Nio... is actually Nio? I base this off the part where the Tokaku who pulled Haru away from sword Tokaku has the knife pass through her head and then Nio's weird markings flash.. And though not sword Tokaku continues to accuse sword Tokaku of pretending to be Tokaku, after not/sword/I/want/to/save/Haru Tokaku knocks sword Tokaku's knife away, not/sword/I/want/to/save/Haru Tokaku flashes Nio's teeth.... and then when she's clearly Nio (return of Nio voice) says "But I won't let you kill Haru!"... because the real Tokaku is actually attempting to kill Haru to prove that she can? And then real Tokaku stabs Haru to prove that Haru was not using the primer on her (or doesn't possess that ability? because that's sound proof!)... and then cries when she is "proved right"... but then the magical titanium saves the day... Did I get something horribly wrong, or is that pretty much what happened?

I found the whole primer thing to be a pretty stupid idea... same with Nio just screwing around with them... and of course I agree that it's pretty ridiculous how they all survived. Still I wouldn't say it was an absolutely terrible series. Maybe I just prefer a poorly written happy ending to a poorly written sad one. I didn't really expect much from the ending anyway.
Jun 20, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, that's kind of a screwed up ending. Well it's a happy one, but it's pretty much of a screwed up one. WTH did everyone survived, I need some answers.

Ah well the fight was pretty entertaining, well in most of the fights in the previous episodes. Also I pretty much forgot a couple of characters backstory when they all appeared at the end. Not enough Yuri in the series tbh XD.

6.5/10 (Guess 7 should work) ending was pretty much meh and not enough character backgrounds, but it was a good series overall.

Jun 20, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
This anime pretty much ruined the last chance it had to redeem itself. My god everything about this anime is so retarded, it's such an insult to its audience's intelligence. Well at least this train wreck is finally over
Jun 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
HARU HAS TITANIUM RIBS! XD LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NIO IS A SHAMAN!

EVERYONE LIVES :)
BUT I THINK BANBA'S SHINYA HALF DIED AND THE MIHARU SIDE SURVIVED!

GOOD MUSIC AND CHARACTERS BUT A BIT RUSHED AND NOT ENOUGH GOOD ACTION SCENES 8/10
Jun 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2008
I can't believe this. The series itself wasn't TOO bad. Some of the cast I absolutely adored, but come on. The loli & the knight shouldn't have survived. Not after that incredibly dramatic death scene they went through.

Haru & Nio surviving was asspull material. A series like this shouldn't have had a happy ending. I like happy endings, but, assassins out to kill people =/= happy ending material. Bittersweet wouldve been MUCH better.

5/10. So much disappoint. Being nice with 5.
Jun 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2012
Deus Ex Machina, Deus Ex Machina EVERYWHERE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
So this show ended exactly where it started. 6/10, at least it was somewhat fun to watch
Jun 20, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
Akuma no Riddle, where falling off a sky scraper, drinking poison or getting stabbed through the chest won't possibly kill anybody.
Jun 20, 2014 12:15 PM
Dec 2012
Can't wait for season 2. The ending is so so similar to the original Battle Royal script.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.