Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 25, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2010
So both Rosokuzawa & Mizudori are really Karen and Tsukihi

AkatsukiUlquioraDec 25, 2013 9:49 PM
Dec 29, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
So if that's the fake Tsukihi then where is the real one?
Dec 30, 2013 9:04 AM

Oct 2013
When Tsuhiki's upper half was blown off, I was like, Holy F*ck :S Thanks god she didn't die ;(
Jan 16, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
This was already foreshadowed a few episodes back, so it didn't surprise me...
Jan 28, 2014 5:56 PM

Aug 2013
Araragi, the awesome incestuous brother xD
He have such an innapropriate relationship with everyone :P

I don't know why but I expected Kaiki to make a comeback before the end. He was just too awesome of a vilain :P

That scene in front of the house was so intense. About Tsukihi, it was kinda expected, I mean the title was about a phoenix and the mythology around phoenix is about their ability to regenerate. I didn't expect her to be a fake though... But, because of that, he can feel no guilt from touching his sister breast since it wasn't really her :P
Even if I'm sure he wasn't feeling guilt at all from the start...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 31, 2014 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
What if Kirino from OreImo becomes one of Araragi's sisters... hmmmm....

Kaiki is back huh.. he really reminds me of Wolverine

soo Tsukihi IS the phoenix or she's just being possessed by it?? it's confusing but I guess I'll find that out in the next episode
Feb 1, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
oshino knows these new ppl huh. i wonder if this is one of the 5 people senjougahara talked to originally
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 2, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2014
to be fully honest I only watch this series because of Shinobu. :3 so cute.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 17, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap she got blown to bits. How the hell do they get out of this one now...
Mar 26, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2012
It's not like Tsukihi has any evil intentions does she not? There is a chance that we all had been fooled by her innocent appearance though. Maybe she's actually an evil supernatural creature.
Apr 3, 2014 12:23 AM

Apr 2012
damn that episode made me hungry for donuts
more wincest..... >_>

but then omg she's not really his sister. Nice development
zzzeallyApr 3, 2014 12:29 AM

Jun 2, 2014 12:04 AM

Mar 2014
Shinobu was kawaii enough on this episode!!
Koyomi's next victim is tsukihi!! damn what a playboy !!
Nice Stripping skills koyomi!! lol!!
Scars that never fade... but fade!! it must be an ultra healing ability of some mythical creature!?
and I know what is this mythical creature/Mythical oddity haha!!
He is really into incest ... damn dude .. lucky enough.
Gahh!! shit !! I didn't think that Mister donut is so popular even villains from past episode came out of nowhere inside of Mister donut!!
Ghost busters.. sounds so familiar enough.
Onmyouji... and shikigami does looks and sounds like it is from a ancient magic of some sort of or something that Mages description ... (look for anime that is like it.. I recommend .. Tokyo ravens for an awesome magical anime!! and Mahou Sensou also!! but it don't collide with the word "Onmyouji" but it has Magic in its genre.)
Now it really gone to the "Supernatural" genre ...
Well shit.. THE FIGHT BEGINS!!
Unlimited rulebook... sounds alike a powerful word... and I am Correct !!
Damn.. its Koyomi berserk rage form or something lol!!
HIGH-SPEED REGENERATION!! now this could only resort to a immortal creature called...
The Rare Firebird ..The Phoenix ~!! -as describe by the posed look familiar.. but its evil in her.
Woah.. Tsukihi have some incredible creature!! so awesome!!
A Fake sister!? WTF!!? and they call supernatural creatures Evil!?
Things is getting interesting!!
Their Justice coexisted-like of the Navy's Justice.(One piece Ref.!!)
Hmm... I just learn a Fact about that Bird... but its not good to say it in this episode ..
so I will not say it until they show the True bird ... so all of this Facts is current pointed Straight at this Episode at the moment ...
Nice Ending!!!
Pretty Good Episode!!!
Note : Is the ED new!? if its new then its really a good song again!!!
AnimeLaver01Jun 2, 2014 12:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2015 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
Shinobu was awesome in this episode. It was really funny how they found Kaiki in the donut shop. Kaiki's probably my favorite character in this series so far. The ending to this episode was really intense. It was cool how Araragi freaked out at the end. I wonder how they're going to wrap this all up in the final episode of Nisemonogatari.?
Jul 30, 2015 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Heh, Araragi sure has nice relations with his sisters :D So that scar was indicative of that? Phoenix.
I really don't see how she is evil.

Shinobu was so cute this time. She acts totally as child when near cakes. Donut time! :D

But.... Fake sister? Don't want to believe that. Or at least I want to see him fight for her. For the fake has become more real than original.
Aug 14, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was the first time where I disliked koyomi a bit. Seriously, giving your little sister an orgasm while brushing her thooth is one thing, but intentionally and out of nowhere molesting your other little sister isnt nice :/

Daaaamn, when Shinobu said ask that guy over there, I really hoped it was Oshino..

Tsukihi is so damn cute. Abd she always wears her yukatas which is another plus point ^^
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 24, 2015 3:40 PM

Sep 2014
A Fake sister? ep 10.

Plot: After seeing Shinobu get well fed on donuts, Koyomi learns from Kaiki, who was just back for some reason, that Kagenui and Yotsugi are real deal ghost busters that specializes in immortals. So its obvious that they would be after Shinobu and Koyomi right? Wrong. It's tsukihi, who is actually a rare firebird aka Phoenix.

Character: We finally see Tsukihi and it seems that Koyomi was right about her and the fake justice. Tsukhi doesn't have a sense of justice and merely goes along with the thoughts of those around her like Karen and Koyomi. The part where she is revealed to be an immortal Phoenix was a shock but then that part where Koyomi noticed her scar was gone was some good foreshadowing. ANd could a fake develop their own sense of justice?

Kagenui and Yotsugi are dang powerful but its feels more like Koyomi keeps getting nerfed. They also have that annoying sense of justice thing going on and they're not completely wrong. Whether she knows or not, Tsukihi has been revealed as a fake/Oddity living amongst humans and deceiving them on her true nature. Had she been a malevolent Oddity, this would be a horrifying thing.

Animation/sound: Seeing Koyomi freak out made this compelling to watch along with Yotsugi's attack.

4/5. A bit late but man did it deliver.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Sep 8, 2015 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
Brilliant episode!
Man, Tsukihi is so hot, cute and seductive. No wonder he doesn't want that someone outside could see her half-dressed. This is my favorite her haircut. And dat wincest, yummy. May be able to touch Tsukihi's soft boobies man I hate him! I'm platinum mad! I wish she was my step-sister :pure evil thoughts:
Anyway loved her tuft acting like Koyomi's, usually only his tuft expresses his feelings.

<333333

Shinobu and Kaiki were osom, and Kaiki managed to get Koyomi's wallet too so now Koyomi and Karen are both losers lalalala hehehe. By the way 100 yen for sale is too expensive, donuts in my local store usually cost 72 cent or 86 yen.

And Tsukihi with an awl looooool

Tsukihi's fake death and Koyomi's reaction were epic. Well, I can understand him.

tsundereharasserSep 9, 2015 12:52 PM
Mar 28, 2016 8:55 PM

Mar 2014
Shinobu is just too adorable at the donut shop.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jun 21, 2016 9:29 PM
Jul 2015
Seems like those two are a more brutal and heartless take on the exorcist, than what we've seen in the past with Oshino.

I have no idea how this is going to be resolved in a single episode.
Jul 21, 2016 7:00 PM
Jul 2016
Finally a good episode after the cringe worthy fan service of the last 9 ones.
Aug 2, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
Wow the plot around his smaller little sister is starting!... and will be resolved in one episode? xD
Dec 15, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2016
andrewl118 said:
Shining Finger!
ayee el psy congroo
Facta Non Verba
Mar 29, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic episode!
Finally starting to see the meat of this arc, and we got to see some more of Shinobu's adorable side!
One episode left!
Sep 1, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2014
Omigod I wasn't expecting that. I mean, he mentioned the immortal part at the beginning of the arc but I thought it was the "fake" part or a metaphor. Does Tsukihi even exist? Like, is she a person possessed or did she literally create a fake human persona?

Also, what is with everyone's hairstyles changing?!
Is this just Shaft being Shaft, or did some time pass by in the Monogatari universe bc I'm pretty sure Tsukihi had shorter hair last episode? Maybe she can just alter her form because she's not human.
So many questions!

Shinobu stepping out of Araragi's shadow was great since she's not been around much and I love her!
Spat my drink out when Kaiki was sat across the room eating donuts and Shinobu's like "well, how about we ask that dude?"
Seriously, you know whenever Shinobu and Kaiki are around the music is gonna be insane...so having them both in the same episode is a treat!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Shinobu is too cute
Sep 24, 2017 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
Shinobu's so freaking kawaii eating her donut. Hihihi. I wanna treat her a Krispy Kreme Donut, though she prefers Mister Donut. Damnit.

As always, Koyomi being the biggest perv touching Tsukihi's oppai. Freaking goddamnit, chill your libido. Hahahaha. Is it really appropriate to get her naked just to see her scar? Pfffft. I caaaan't. Hahaha!

I honestly need that sunny-side up egg pin on Karen and Tsukihi's hairs. Ugh. I need one.

So, those two characters are after Tsukihi with her being a supernatural creature. Holy shit. And Tsukishi is a phoenix. I screamed so loud when that green-haired girl "blown" Tsukihi's upper half, but her body grew again.

Poor Koyomi, though. Gaaaaah. Probably the first time I saw him being THAT angry. Hory shet.

I miss Senjougahara. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 3, 2017 5:35 AM

Sep 2016
Araragi and his 1 second stripping rule, and Tsukihi's confusion.
And that part when araragi went crazy,badass as always.
Shinobu was very cute this episode aswell.
Dec 8, 2017 7:09 AM
Jan 2016
Shinobu, why are you so awesome? And what happened to Kaiki's "i don't believe in supernatural"?
Jan 3, 2018 2:50 AM

Dec 2016
I was not expecting to see Kaiki again so soon and I think the same goes for Araragi lol

Also how long has Tsukihi been the Phoenix, long enough that Araragi would believe the Phoenix is more like his sister than his actual sister? Or has it been impersonating her short enough that Araragi will try and find his sister, unless she has already been lost/consumed by the monster possessing her? I guess I'll have to see in the final episode of the season
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 16, 2018 4:04 AM

May 2017
something good happened.. FINALLY!

so tsukihi is not really his sister but a fake immortal supernatural creature interesting
Sep 1, 2018 7:24 AM

May 2018
5/5

So, Tsukihi-chan is a Moltres? :v
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Apr 28, 2019 5:35 AM
Apr 2016
That sure is some amazing development...goddamn she wasn't Araragi's real sister all along...? Ouch, well...
May 14, 2019 5:17 PM

Dec 2018
And they decided to fully trust Kaiki's word.lol.

Shinobu's real name was too damn long: Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade

So Tsukihi itself was a supernatural creature. But she's harmless, so I guess it's OK to keep her. Lol Tsukihi being called a con.

Seems this season's topic is Real and Fake. Thus the name "Nisemonogatari".

Kish0Jun 15, 2019 2:52 PM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 14, 2019 8:05 PM

Sep 2017
"It's actually a rather serious situation, one requiring drastic action."
>donuts

Tsukihi got stripped before she had any idea what was going on. Does Araragi have experience ripping kimonos off of teenage girls? Shinobu is so cute getting so excited over donuts. The standoff between Shinobu and Araragi over donuts was funny. Kaiki's dark and sad theme getting played, while he's eating a donut with a fucking fork, is way funnier than it has any right to be. He could at least give Araragi the wallet back... Good wallets aren't cheap. Ononoki doesn't really know how to hold back, does she? Is Tsuhiki going to die? F.
Aug 7, 2019 5:45 PM

Nov 2017
I can relate to Shinobu's penchant for doughnuts. I remember eating boxes and boxes of Krispy Kreme during my summer vacation. Yeah, that was pretty unhealthy lol

Oct 12, 2019 6:42 AM

Mar 2010
yoooo i cant stand this anymore.. has Koyomi always been this close to his sisters i just cant tolerate incest at all!!! and i am starting to not like Koyomi too..
Dec 9, 2019 5:21 PM

Feb 2017
This episode made me eat donuts.
Apr 4, 2020 2:43 PM

May 2014
Another great ep. Although the plot was slow in terms of progressing, we finally get to see Tsukihi's story. Really about time tbh. Very cute scene with her and Koyomi-san. Cute to see Tsukihi-chan growing her her. It really suits her and her cuteness increases 10 fold
Also, that scene with her and Koyomi was cute and hilarious at the same time
Looks like it's impossible for Koyomi to not grope his sisters undeveloped breasts. LOL! A real pervert among the main protagonists.

Shinobu is adorable with that hat
. Makes her very cute. Hard to not like her now. She is even more adorable when eating donuts
. Damn, that melted my heart totally.

Now that Shinobu is "protecting" Araragi's family it's hard to not like her. She was not obliged in any way to help Araragi, but here she did which is really cool. Looks like she has some kind of affection for Araragi, though she is not showing it like a real tsundere.

I wonder how they will end this season with only 1 ep. Maybe the story with continue in Nekomonogatari Kuro (which I doubt, but you never know). :)
mangalicker94Apr 4, 2020 2:46 PM
Apr 4, 2020 2:46 PM

May 2014
eski514 said:
This episode made me eat donuts.

I never get how anyone likes donuts. I find them really disgusting. If it was muffin, the situation would differ. But I guess it's everyone to their own tastes. :P
Jun 16, 2020 2:42 AM

Aug 2017
And only during the last 2 episodes we have information about Tsukihi in her own arc looool.

Yeeee, more Kaiki scenes! Probably the best character introduced in Nisemonogatari so far! The title of the arc spoiled me Tsukihi real form, so I'm not surprised by what she is but how it was "killed".
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 17, 2020 9:47 PM
Mar 2018
shinobu in episode = good episode. damn this was unexpected and didnt know that her sister is actually fake. now i see all the foreshadowing from before
Aug 31, 2020 8:41 PM

Apr 2019
Soooo Tsukihi was just a fake? I wonder how'll they'll explain this in one episode lol. Yotsugi just kinda went off on Tsukihi there, curious to find out more about her and Kagenui.

Great to get more Shinobu scenes. Still can't comprehend the fact that she's over 500 years old and gets giddy over donuts haha. And didn't expect to see Kaiki there, he's actually kind of a cool dude despite conning people.

Sep 11, 2020 5:20 PM

Jun 2020
Well that was amazing.

Shinobu eating a donut was so kawai I really love it<3

While explaining that Tsukihi is not a real human was quite Interesting I really enjoy watching it^^
Feb 8, 2021 8:44 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! Lmao, I though Shinobu was going to talk about something super important at the beginning but it was just donuts... EVEN BETTER! Shinobu + Donuts = Adorableness. Didn't expect to see Kaiki at Mister Donuts lmao, I thought it was Oshino at first, ngl I miss Oshino.

Fake has even more meaning now, Tsukihi is literally a fake. Though does that mean there was never a "Tsukihi" to begin with. But it was the phoenix the whole time. Shinobu was really cool at the end there. Ononoki's power is interesting damn.
Jul 24, 2021 5:40 AM

Feb 2019
Obsessed-with-donuts Shinobu is absolutely cute.

Wait, so Tsukihi didn't exist? As in, she's not really an Araragi? She's an apparition? As someone who really likes Tsukihi, this is somewhat heartbreaking... Guess we'll have to see in the last episode.
Aug 6, 2021 3:02 AM
Aug 2021
Tsukihi's arc is now in full swing.
I love how Shinobu has gone from being a
to a donut obsessed vampire loli XD. Also Araragi's piyo piyo made me lol

How cute:3

Lmao didn't expect Kaiki to pop up like that

Damn Tsukihi's a fake and she's a phoenix...
So Kagenoi's a ghostbuster and Ononoki is her shikigami(or a familiar). Also Ononoki's attack was pretty darn strong.

I wanna see how they will wrap up the arc in a single ep
Aug 28, 2021 6:04 AM
May 2020
from an incest stripping to finding out your sister isnt your sister
Feb 1, 2022 12:18 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
was planning to skip the opening, but just like last time, I fell into a trance just staring at this art

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 30, 2022 6:08 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode, really smart twist with Tsukihi, nice foreshadowing. Forgot how it ended so I'm excited to see what happens in the finale.
Funny episode as well, with the donut shop, Shinobu enjoying Mr. Donut, Kaiki being there (guessed it would be Kaiki when Shinobu pointed, haha).
End definitely was like, "oh fuck," pretty tense.
Season's overall looking like an 8/10.
Jul 17, 2022 12:22 AM
Oct 2020
This was another good one in terms of story and action. The trip to Mr Donut was like a trip back in time for me. We had Mr Donuts in the NE US when I was growing up, although they eventually all got absorbed into Dunkin at some point. But apparently it's still a thing in Japan. I can connect with Shinobu's amazement at seeing all of the donuts on display- it was a feast for my young eyes to see all of those tasty delights. It's strange that they each ordered 5 though, instead of just getting a dozen Anyway, great memories of eating donuts in the car with my Mom and brother. Certainly better family values than Koyomi exhibits at the Araragi residence. That's all I'm going to say about that.

The scene with Yotsugi and Yozuru was disturbing and exciting, when they blew away Tsuhiki's upper half. I wasn't sure if she was going to recover, but was quite relieved that she did. It's clear that Tsuhiki is a pretty powerful creature, so I'm interest to see how this wraps up in the final ep.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

758 by Dragona_8002 »»
May 25, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

349 by Dragona_8002 »»
May 23, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 4, 2012

221 by eblf2013 »»
May 10, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 28, 2012

415 by otakuweek »»
May 2, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

324 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 28, 9:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.