Forum Settings
Forums

Shows that tried to look smart but ended up as cringe or dumb or full of plot holes

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 24, 2021 11:10 AM

Jul 2021
epidemia78 said:
_spoon_ said:
oh i thought i answered your question here
those are the same traits a show needs to be "smart" code geass lacks all of them and tries to present themes that fall on their face and uses copied military tactics so the writer tries to make himself look smart.

Honestly dude, I don't think you have a leg to stand on here. Just because Code Geass has a "genius" protagonist doesn't mean it's "trying to be smart". I never got the impression that the writers were trying to preach a philosophy or anything like that. It's obvious sole intent is to entertain the audience. Nothing more.

Unlike say... Violet Evergarden, which takes itself waaay too seriously.

did I ever say it was trying to be smart because of Lelouch? no, it's because of all the military tactics and bull shit quotes that use in which the writer uses to try and make himself look smart. he does try to present themes about the cycle of hatred which were terrible it tried to be a smart philosophical anime not just to entertain and fell on its face. I haven't even brought up the thousands of plot holes as well.

Dec 24, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
Bunny girl senpai is one of the most frustrating shows I've ever watched. Look, I don't dislike supernatural elements, but don't try to explain them using science if you're incapable of doing science please...
Dec 24, 2021 11:28 AM

Feb 2021
adnan_ said:
A_G_N said:

I know he's BS'ing to them. It's pretty obvious, but that doesn't mean it still isn't edgy. By that logic, Eren chose the worst words to show them how bad he is. And Mikasa and Armin should've straight up scene through it.

But, I was also talking about other eren scenes, not just that, intentional or otherwise they were.

If you like it, sure.
We know he is BSing but they don't. For them Eren comes off as serious. But yeah I can see people hate that scene.

KaiserVonGogureo said:
I seriously cannot understand how anyone could have stood mikasa for so long. She literally had no character outside of "WHERE'S EREN" and wanting to fuck eren, god I swear she's one of the worst excuses for a character in all of manga, I only remember one thing about her besides her eren love, and that she's "fast" outside on the battlefield or something, that's literally it.
Tell me u didn't understand her character without telling me. "sHe JuStS wAnTs To fU*cK eReN" Like stfu bro. You ignored her Relationship with Authority, the embodiment of beauty in a cruel world, family, love, her goal to protect her family(Eren and Armin), gradually starting to accept the death of her family(serumbowl and Lost girls OVA) and starting to go against Eren when he goes against her ideal. There's her relationship with Levi and her gradually opening to other people and starting teamwork, shouldering her mistakes and reflecting upon them, the commentary on trauma, the opposing ideology to Eren's view on freedom and their interplay (flowers, rooted to environment, v birds, not tied to anything), Her journey of agency, self-worth, and finding meaning. etc. I can elaborate more on this if u want lol. At least have a good understanding of the character before criticizing it lol.

I literally could not care less about her "Character" boo hoo her parents died, that flashback was generic and boring, I really wish she just died in the finale, you're reading too deep into this excuse of a "character" there's nothing there to like, nothing to remember, nothing to look back on.
Dec 24, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2021
KaiserVonGogureo said:
adnan_ said:
We know he is BSing but they don't. For them Eren comes off as serious. But yeah I can see people hate that scene.

Tell me u didn't understand her character without telling me. "sHe JuStS wAnTs To fU*cK eReN" Like stfu bro. You ignored her Relationship with Authority, the embodiment of beauty in a cruel world, family, love, her goal to protect her family(Eren and Armin), gradually starting to accept the death of her family(serumbowl and Lost girls OVA) and starting to go against Eren when he goes against her ideal. There's her relationship with Levi and her gradually opening to other people and starting teamwork, shouldering her mistakes and reflecting upon them, the commentary on trauma, the opposing ideology to Eren's view on freedom and their interplay (flowers, rooted to environment, v birds, not tied to anything), Her journey of agency, self-worth, and finding meaning. etc. I can elaborate more on this if u want lol. At least have a good understanding of the character before criticizing it lol.

I literally could not care less about her "Character" boo hoo her parents died, that flashback was generic and boring, I really wish she just died in the finale, you're reading too deep into this excuse of a "character" there's nothing there to like, nothing to remember, nothing to look back on.
finally someone else who recognizes how bad of a character Mikasa is. she is tied with levi for most overrated aot character

Dec 24, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2020
Moonspeak said:
This hate for Code Geass is actually pretty interesting ^^

I'm curious in the way you see a well written show now...

@dmmsisters @MarkVijet @ecstaticvanilla @BruhMan_ @Maesstrom @_spoon_ @Krns @subahokke (and the rest of the anti CG crowd)

Legit question :

What constitutes a smart show for you ? Please give me some examples and explanations if you can, I'm honestly curious.
I think Steins;Gate, Death Note, Promised Neverland s1 and Psycho-Pass s1 are clever. Hunter x Hunter and Haikyuu also have intelligent strategies. They usually involve characters outsmarting each other through the use of complex tactics. Code Geass would be included if only it didn't have numerous plot conveniences and plot holes.
Dec 24, 2021 12:00 PM

Nov 2020
tammihiiri said:
To me, only one like that is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika
I agree. It attempts to appear super deep, yet half of the show's time is spent on Madoka crying. Like... I get it... making a contract with a mysterious being at the age of 12 is scary. And it tries way too hard to look unique, yet it copies a lot from Hakomari Light Novel (Empty Box and Zeroth Maria)
Dec 24, 2021 12:28 PM

Apr 2020
Guilty Crown comes to mind but its been ages since I watched it
Dec 24, 2021 1:07 PM

Jul 2016
Tokyo revengers if you wanna say it tried to look smart
Penguins are funny
Dec 24, 2021 2:10 PM

Mar 2021
I would say OreGairu. At least for me. There is enough good in it to enjoy but Hikigaya's character and the whole school setting is just... Imagine a guy is being shoved into a highschool dream and still being too obnoxious and dumb to realize it. The lenses of his social commentary are just painfully pretentious and are not even on armchair level. There is no real loneliness or actual reflection of a high school life. I understand that it's anime and I love it for the high school drama, but come on. He wasn't even hurt good enough.
Would be fun if the show was about some variation of *that kid* from school and not a guy monolguing himself and others to sleep.
Still enjoyed it though.
ChezedDec 24, 2021 2:21 PM

Dec 24, 2021 2:20 PM

Sep 2018
Darling in the franxxx for sure. The ending was to be expected, except for the part where they became spaceships in Star Wars
Dec 24, 2021 2:23 PM

Sep 2018
chocomayu said:
Battle Game in 5 seconds lol I don't even understand what the anime try to tell.

Its like The Hunger Games but with bad animations, boring characters and a protagonist who wants to be the smartest man in the world
Dec 24, 2021 8:55 PM

Oct 2015
Lol @ all the people saying Code Geass.

Code Geass ending is unique because it has communistic tones. No anime has ever had such tones in their ending before. I won't deny the plot hole part though, but as a Marxist, I'll take Code Geass over another anime that has capitalistic tones in its ending.

Anyways, for the OP, I'd say Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's a futuristic show where an axe is a better weapon than laser guns, hypocritically praising monarchy despite how human historical materialism has progressed, etcetc.

Steins;Gate also deserves in this list as well I believe. It's mid af time travel loop trying to achieve your goals.
-Mention- said:
That shitty and dumb coming-of-age anime titled Aku no Hana.

But then again, i haven't read the manga. And i heard Aku no Hana anime was a failed anime adaptation of the manga.

But i don't care, screw Aku no Hana anime.

It's actually a rotoscopic adaptation based on the live action.
Chezed said:
I would say OreGairu. At least for me. There is enough good in it to enjoy but Hikigaya's character and the whole school setting is just... Imagine a guy is being shoved into a highschool dream and still being too obnoxious and dumb to realize it. The lenses of his social commentary are just painfully pretentious and are not even on armchair level. There is no real loneliness or actual reflection of a high school life. I understand that it's anime and I love it for the high school drama, but come on. He wasn't even hurt good enough.
Would be fun if the show was about some variation of *that kid* from school and not a guy monolguing himself and others to sleep.
Still enjoyed it though.
I'd second Oregairu as well.
MarkVijet said:
tammihiiri said:
To me, only one like that is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika
I agree. It attempts to appear super deep, yet half of the show's time is spent on Madoka crying. Like... I get it... making a contract with a mysterious being at the age of 12 is scary. And it tries way too hard to look unique, yet it copies a lot from Hakomari Light Novel (Empty Box and Zeroth Maria)
Pretty sure that Hakomari volume 7 was published after Madoka has ended.

Also Dies Irae is a story with similar themes but managed to be better than both (not the failed anime adaptation), read it if you have time. The author's apparently pretty traditionalist though sadly.
DesolatedDec 24, 2021 9:12 PM
Dec 24, 2021 11:25 PM

Apr 2021
Uhh i guess Neon Genesis Even Jelly On.
Dec 24, 2021 11:30 PM

Dec 2020
The first anime that comes in my mind is The detective is already dead

For your Information:

Dec 25, 2021 1:37 AM

May 2020
hxh.

wanted to go for a darker themed story with the chimera arc but it butchered the potential the show had
Dec 25, 2021 2:15 AM

Sep 2018
insert popular anime here in hopes to get people angry

More seriously though Carol and Tuesday is the first thing to spring to mind for me.
It's a superficial mess of an anime that meanders in countless different directions that never come together and pretends that it's presenting some deep inspirational message.
KristiwazhereDec 25, 2021 2:33 AM
Dec 25, 2021 6:47 AM

Nov 2020
KaiserVonGogureo said:
adnan_ said:

>"there's nothing there to like, nothing to remember, nothing to look back on."

but also says, "that flashback was generic and boring, I really wish she just died in the finale, you're reading too deep into this excuse of a "character" "

I really wonder how stupid people can be in the world. Like no sh-t Sherlock if you are gonna push away the source of her trauma which is her backstory as bOrInG and gEnErIc(I don't even know How TF is it generic) then why would u find her character compelling or like her or look back on her when you didn't understand sh*t. It's funny how u expressed everything I said as an "excuse " or "reading too deep" bc u can't find a single good reason to criticize her for 🤣🤣 It's not her fault that u didn't understand Jacksh-t about her character. Blame your own poor reading comprehension.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Dec 25, 2021 7:23 AM

Oct 2021
In/Spectre, and The Detective is Already Dead.
Dec 25, 2021 7:28 AM
Oct 2015
Code Geass in a nutshell.

Lelouch is emo and edgy af.
Dec 25, 2021 9:29 AM

Oct 2021
Ferhat-Sama said:
This topic definitely defines Attack on Titan.

I think the deepest AoT goes into philosophy is with two characters, Erwin and Zeke.

I doubt if it barely scratches anything else with anyone other than these two.
Yesterday, you were the defeated.

What have you become today?

Dec 25, 2021 9:45 AM

Feb 2021
SmugRika said:
Gotta say that I disagree with all the Code Geass replies. it wasn't trying to be some deep social commentary on human nature or anything, it's an over the top, schlocky and insane show that takes itself seriously and that's part of its charm, a charm similar to campy b-movies, I'm honestly more surprised by the people that think they're geniuses for figuring out that Code Geass is kinda stupid.

You are right man.

Anime is just for entertainment purpose,then why people waste their time on pointing the plot holes
Anime itself is unreal. If people want real stuff, then they should stop watching anime
Dec 25, 2021 10:00 AM
Jun 2020
Chezed said:
Still enjoyed it though.
The anime is a bad adaptation. Don't take things that happened in the anime as the original intention. Anime goes for more flair, dramaticism and straight up cuts and changes multiple things including characters and scenes for the worse. The last season being the worst.

The intention of the series is to make him and the main girl normal. All the shit they say is dumb and pretentious for a reason. But they believe in it, and that's how flawed characters are.

It's not as simple as - he was pushed into a highschool dream and was dumb to not realise it.

Hachiman was pushed into the club by the guidance consellor, to give some new input to his so called view of life. This was done to change both the two mc's.

At the end of the series, the dude literally cringes thinking back to his early seasons form. For some reason, the adaptation being bad isn't really known here.
Dec 25, 2021 10:18 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
ANYTHING TYPE MOON ive seen
i hate UBW for this
i hate knk for this

Elfen Lied

but my definition of deep is very weird. Idk how ppl would not think aot is deep. It is T H E deepes- just OMF don't get me started on it.

Dec 25, 2021 10:18 AM

Oct 2020
I think it's gotta be Wonder Egg Priority, tries too hard in the beginning-mid part of the series but ended up butchering it on the latter part. Rather than solving the existing issues, the series ends with more questions to be answered than before.
Dec 25, 2021 10:24 AM
May 2021
Yeah "Freezing".

I watched 4 episodes and dropped it.

It comes off as a Tit's n Ass anime' with gimmicky brutal violence, something for 12-16 year-old boys to watch for it's "shock factor", I guess.

Then I continued on with Cowboy Bebop, a way better anime.

@_spoon_
Code Geas: Rebellion Le Douche, is agreeably an over-rated anime. I can understand the political aspects (United Sates of Japan-How original?), but there's better anime out there, like RE:Creators, Shingeki no Bahamut-Genesis + Virgin Soul.
SlimsithDec 25, 2021 10:37 AM
Dec 25, 2021 10:25 AM

Mar 2021
A_G_N said:
Chezed said:
Still enjoyed it though.
The anime is a bad adaptation. Don't take things that happened in the anime as the original intention. Anime goes for more flair, dramaticism and straight up cuts and changes multiple things including characters and scenes for the worse. The last season being the worst.

The intention of the series is to make him and the main girl normal. All the shit they say is dumb and pretentious for a reason. But they believe in it, and that's how flawed characters are.

It's not as simple as - he was pushed into a highschool dream and was dumb to not realise it.

Hachiman was pushed into the club by the guidance consellor, to give some new input to his so called view of life. This was done to change both the two mc's.

At the end of the series, the dude literally cringes thinking back to his early seasons form. For some reason, the adaptation being bad isn't really known here.

I don't think that the adaptation is at fault, although if you've read the original, you surely have more weight in saying that. But for me the annoyance at their dumbshit still remains regardless. It's just...I get that this is an anime and I love anime for their scenarious but the character in the adaptation is really pushing it. At best I can see his schoolbag being shoved into women's room toilet seat and being ridiculed for writing a pretentious essay. Not the way everything just lands on his lap. Maybe it's just not the kind of flawed character I like.
Perhaps seeing the guy actually getting bullied and treated like crap would make an interesting plot. Cute girls would still appear so win-win.
Maybe I'll go through the source material before seeing the 3d season. I have a love-hate relationship with it, so maybe the book will be a defining experience.

Dec 25, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2020
bunny girl senpai and clannad. bunny girl is self-explanatory, but clannad is literally so stupid and unsad it doesn't make sense
Dec 25, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
Shinsekai Yori, Code Geass, Ergo Proxy - pretentious and worthless in their cores since characters are idiots.
Dec 25, 2021 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
charlotte and re:zero fits the discription
bam
Dec 25, 2021 10:49 AM
Jun 2020
Chezed said:
A_G_N said:

I don't think that the adaptation is at fault, although if you've read the original, you surely have more weight in saying that. But for me the annoyance at their dumbshit still remains regardless. It's just...I get that this is an anime and I love anime for their scenarious but the character in the adaptation is really pushing it. At best I can see his schoolbag being shoved into women's room toilet seat and being ridiculed for writing a pretentious essay. Not the way everything just lands on his lap. Maybe it's just not the kind of flawed character I like.
Perhaps seeing the guy actually getting bullied and treated like crap would make an interesting plot. Cute girls would still appear so win-win.
Maybe I'll go through the source material before seeing the 3d season. I have a love-hate relationship with it, so maybe the book will be a defining experience.
Wait, school bag being shoved into a woman's toilet? If you are talking about him being bullied in highschool, that's not really it.

The series wasn't going for cartoonish bullying, all his bullying happened to him when he was a kid by other kids, which just created the base for his character. And kids being unintentionally cruel to other kids is pretty normal.

It's just an unfortunate thing that happens to some kids, like Hachiman. That's still not what made him edgy and pessimistic though. He still wanted to have a fresh start and make friends in highschool.

But he gets into accident, after saving a dog. And didn't even thanked for it, atleast to his POV at that time. Which led to him being a loner for the entire 1st year.. And that year is when his character we see gets built up.

It's a classic defense mechanism type situation. Him getting bullied isn't really the focus for the series. Infact his behaviour later on, while justified by his past bullying and the accident, still got criticised and punished a lot in the series.

And cute girls.. well let's say the adaptation made it all into a pseudo harem. There was only the main girl from the beginning. Everyone else had ulterior motives let's say.

The adaptation delivers 40% of the story I believe, this includes cutting and changing scenes. Cutting off important monologues and context, and thereby changing tye context of lot of the scenes. The main girl is basically 30% characterised in the anime. While Hachiman is 50% characterised.

Pretty horrible adaptation, but yeah. Read the LN to see.
Dec 25, 2021 10:51 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Spektral_Beast said:
Ferhat-Sama said:
This topic definitely defines Attack on Titan.

I think the deepest AoT goes into philosophy is with two characters, Erwin and Zeke.

I doubt if it barely scratches anything else with anyone other than these two.

Ever Noticed how Zeke and Historia are direct parallels in the fact that both choose to protect themselves and deny their parents that were pushing all their expectations onto them. Yet Historia's choice for freedom is celebrated, while Zeke's choice is painted as wrong. I feel that there is a lot more to the series than you are willing to give it the credit for.

I'm not fighting tho, the last thing id want is the whole world to praise aot to high heaven.
_spoon_ said:
levi most overrated aot character

Levi is the embodiment of a hero. He plays a massive role in one of aot's many overarching themes, i.e. Choices. stuff like the weight of a choice, regrets and responsibility and what a choice truly even is.
We see him being afraid of making the wrong choice, when offered a reward for killing erwin, he tells his team to take up the job only if He is attacked by Erwin. Its because if he acts in self defence, if he has no other choice left, he can not be in the wrong. the "If you are being pushed by your circumstances, then you are not responsible" Ideology. Its not an ideology aot advocates, but it deals with it in many complicated ways that I'm too tired to elaborate upon.

Rinnegoat said:
Attack on Titan fans love to pretend the show is complex / complicated when realistically its so easy to understand as long as you pay attention instead of just watching the show for fights / edge.

No actually, but also a yes. Its sad most ppl in the fandom itself don't understand the god damn show they are praising, but I wont blame them. It really takes a lot of effort to get into its philosophical crux, and even then, you have no head or toe or any sense of orientation to navigate this weird space through.
like e.g. Historia chooses her freedom by throwing the serum, then takes the role of the queen. And that really confused me. Isnt that choosing freedom and throwing that right away? But then the show tells you that she picks her duty herself rather than being pushed into it. So its more of Historia understanding to be true to herself in that serum scene. And understanding that simple obvious thing took me longer than it should've because the general consensus misunderstands that scene. And that explanation to historia's actions make more sense when you count her backstory and that scene she had with ymir in the snow mountains. Her accepting to be the queen is supposed to be connected to the "you put your hearts ablaze" thing that Keith said and blah blah i wont bore you anymore

adnan_ said:
I really wonder how stupid people can be in the world
Sameeeee

Dec 25, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2018
classroom of the elite. it set up a lot of "deep" side plots that never really went anywhere and had a weird plot twist at the end (at least in the anime) that had almost no build-up whatsoever
Dec 25, 2021 11:07 AM

Jan 2019
MarkVijet said:
(Empty Box and Zeroth Maria)

I'm sure Urobutcher went all its way to copy an over pretentious novel in 2009-2010 when he most likely did the script for Madoka when that novel did barely had a chapter out at that time and now is barely known today and this only among edgy teens.
Urobutcher wrote novels like this and was trending even before HakoMari was in his diapers. At least bring good points if ur gonna make lazy arguments like this one lmao
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Dec 25, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2021
A_G_N said:
Chezed said:

Wait, school bag being shoved into a woman's toilet? If you are talking about him being bullied in highschool, that's not really it.

The series wasn't going for cartoonish bullying, all his bullying happened to him when he was a kid by other kids, which just created the base for his character. And kids being unintentionally cruel to other kids is pretty normal.

It's just an unfortunate thing that happens to some kids, like Hachiman. That's still not what made him edgy and pessimistic though. He still wanted to have a fresh start and make friends in highschool.

But he gets into accident, after saving a dog. And didn't even thanked for it, atleast to his POV at that time. Which led to him being a loner for the entire 1st year.. And that year is when his character we see gets built up.

It's a classic defense mechanism type situation. Him getting bullied isn't really the focus for the series. Infact his behaviour later on, while justified by his past bullying and the accident, still got criticised and punished a lot in the series.

And cute girls.. well let's say the adaptation made it all into a pseudo harem. There was only the main girl from the beginning. Everyone else had ulterior motives let's say.

The adaptation delivers 40% of the story I believe, this includes cutting and changing scenes. Cutting off important monologues and context, and thereby changing tye context of lot of the scenes. The main girl is basically 30% characterised in the anime. While Hachiman is 50% characterised.

I know about the bullying before Sobu, I meant it continuing, you know?

Dec 25, 2021 11:47 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
N2OBLUe said:

Well, I mean, you wouldn't mind naming some re:zero plot holes, would you?
9cycle cycle9

Dec 25, 2021 12:40 PM

Aug 2010
The favourite anime of anyone reading this post.
Dec 25, 2021 1:01 PM
Jun 2020
Chezed said:
A_G_N said:

I know about the bullying before Sobu, I meant it continuing, you know?
It continues in terms of people ignoring him and giving him creepy looks sometimes. But why does that matter? His past is enough to justify yeah, physical bullying will be just too unrealistic.
Dec 25, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2016
LyNChE17 said:
platinum end, its still airing this season

amen, shits garbage. since ep 1 i didnt know what the hell was going on
Dec 26, 2021 12:38 AM

Apr 2012
I found WataMote quite ironic and sincere satire on hikkimori and how these people try to adapt to reality through the tropes seen in the media. But at some point it became the usual parodic CGDCT, which is especially ironic in the context of the fact that previously Tomoko abundantly mocking cliches of anime and this genre in particular.
Dec 26, 2021 12:52 AM

Feb 2020
poor Code Geass. god damn xD

i say Mirai Nikki.
Dec 26, 2021 3:57 AM

Jan 2019
RareWRLD said:
N2OBLUe said:

Well, I mean, you wouldn't mind naming some re:zero plot holes, would you?

The fact that some people name ongoing series in this thread worries me about their capacity to actually read
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Dec 26, 2021 4:45 AM

Feb 2017
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Kokoro Connect
Ookami to Koushinryou
Serial Experiments Lain
Sword Art Online
Erased
Hataraku Maou-sama
Higashi no Eden
Perfect Blue
Your Lie in April
Tokyo Revengers

Enjoyed a few of these but they still fit here imo

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Dec 26, 2021 10:14 PM

Jul 2021
The detective is already dead is one.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 27, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2015
DYNASTIA said:
Here's a little personal top 10 of the most pretentious fat dungs to answer your inquiry into the genre
1. Code Geass R2
2. Black Rock Shooter
3. Classroom of the Elite
4. Master of Martial Hearts (Fuck you for reminding me this exists, you know who you are)
5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
6. Fate/stay night (You could fill a whole pretentious list with just Fate and Gen Urobuchi)
7. A Certain Magical Index
8. Kokoro Connect
9. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
10. Neon Genesis Evaoedipus
I'm boutta end this man's whole career:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211227164501/https://myanimelist.net/animelist/DYNASTIA
https://web.archive.org/web/20211227165210/https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/DYNASTIA
https://web.archive.org/web/20211227164246/https://myanimelist.net/shared.php?u1=DYNASTIA&u2=Desolated

>Haven't even watched Classroom of the Elite, Madoka, any Fate entries, any Urobuchi entries, and Haruhi

You know what? Fuck you. You're trying so hard to portray me as "fake" when it's actually the other way around. It's not even on your on-hold or dropped list, so stop pretending that you know shit to chase clout here.

It's not even on your Anilist:
https://web.archive.org/web/20211227171046/https://anilist.co/user/DYNASTIA/animelist

Also, in case this bozo deleted their own post:
https://web.archive.org/web/20211227165624/https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1981516
DesolatedDec 27, 2021 9:12 AM
Dec 27, 2021 9:42 AM

Jun 2017
The Beheading Cycle.

It's a detective/mystery type show. At first it's pretty well done, but then it starts trying to add philosophy and a twist ending and some really weird crap at the end. The twist is stupid and makes 0 sense.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 27, 2021 12:03 PM

May 2020
probably death note
probably death note
Dec 27, 2021 1:54 PM

Mar 2021
I can only think of one title I have seen that was released this year that falls under this threads premise....

I will be honest I haven't quite finished "Tokyo Revengers" But I think I have watched enough of it to make some obvious observations.

For me "Tokyo Revengers" tries way too hard to be taken seriously for a story with multiple layers of plot holes and a complete disregard of any sort of higher authority as if Street gangs rule over Tokyo with total impunity.

It reminds me of the 1st time I ever watched "Ikkitousen" in the early 2000's. Unlike "Tokyo Revengers", your not really suppose to take "Ikkitousen" as something serious when it's loosely basing school gang turf wars in relation to a modern day take of "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" with panty fanservice.

"Tokyo Revengers" mainly fails on it's concept of time traveling. The story seems to make very little effort to rationally explain the mechanics of how it actually works and expects viewers to just except it in a serious way.

I guess I was expecting more from a series that was highly raved about for week right before it's release.

Not only did this title not look smart but it ends up as both "cringe" and "dumb" simply because of the obvious plot holes and serious tone it tries to portray.
ColourWheelDec 27, 2021 1:59 PM
Dec 27, 2021 1:56 PM

Sep 2020
Code Geass definitely and a couple of anime under the psychological tag that I won't name.
Dec 27, 2021 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
That honestly is the perfect description for Bunny Girl Senpai. Avery bare bones romance full of cringe with pseudoscience that was awkwardly incorporated in an attempt to make the show more is sophisticated than it truly is.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Dec 27, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2016
Terror in Resonance
Death note
Tokyo revengers
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

22 by Ricchan__ »»
16 minutes ago

» What anime character has the most annoying/toxic haters? ( 1 2 3 )

Adimus_prime - Mar 8, 2021

137 by APolygons2 »»
40 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

35 by alshu »»
41 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

100 by The-Mighty-Ranzo »»
45 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Jun 12

36 by 23feanor »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.