Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 21, 2018 8:55 AM

Sep 2018
Really enjoying it so far. I like the animation style a lot.
Oct 21, 2018 8:45 PM

Nov 2017
Something interesting about Futaba is she actually looks like Futaba from persona 5.
Best take away from this episode:

Until an observer confirms the existence, it is not confirmed...
🔹🔹🔷🔷 PRECISION IS MY INSPIRATION! 🔷🔷🔹🔹

Oct 22, 2018 11:33 AM
May 2018
I almost didn't watch this anime because of it's title (bunny girl sounds just ecchi) but I'm so very glad I gave it a chance. The characters are great, the art is quite good and the story is very simple but really interesting. Just love MC's straightforward personality and behavior, he actually kicked the girl's butt!, I sure didn't expect that.
It kinda reminds me of Sakurada Reset and Classroom of Elite, two anime I didn't think I'd watch and ended up enjoying quite a bit.

Got high hopes for this one.
Oct 22, 2018 2:49 PM

Dec 2014
absolutely lovin it
i thought i would never find a show similar to monogatari series
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Oct 23, 2018 8:10 AM

Jul 2015
Man I love this main character. I relate to him so hard lol.

caught in the wonder
Oct 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
i absolutely loved this. the romance is so simple and their relationship is believable, even if they developed it pretty fast. their personalities make it work perfectly. the tension is just right, it's not just a slow burn for the slow burn, it seems calculated to make you tense and then relax you with something pure and sweet that reminds you that these two are definitely growing feelings for each other. i really wasn't expecting to see a nice romance when i started watching this, so the surprise is even better. i also love the whole philosophy behind her syndrome but honestly that's just background for their relationship, at least for me
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 26, 2018 3:55 AM

Nov 2013
The flashback with the swimsuit photo shoot was damn creepy.

Even though her mother is a terrible person, it was sad that she didn't remember her.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 28, 2018 6:58 PM
Mar 2014
Promising episode. Idk if there will be a dub, but I'd watch it
Oct 31, 2018 9:04 AM

May 2017
this was so much better than episode 1.. like MUCH better..
Nov 1, 2018 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
Fuck, this episode was a rollercoaster... Sakuta and Mai are so adorable and their chemistry and banter are both a delight! I have to confess this anime is much different than I expected based on the poster and memes.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 4, 2018 8:23 PM
Aug 2017
I was so immersed in this episode It felt like an hour
Nov 6, 2018 6:09 AM
Feb 2012
This show is a huge breath of fresh air so far, the feeling of sincerity it gives off makes me feel all tingly.

I really, really hope this goes in a good direction.
Nov 13, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2016
I'm really loving this, every scene reached my heart literally and the romance between Sakuta and Mai is just way too good I haven't felt like this in ages haha :3
Nov 15, 2018 10:49 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This has gotten a lot of interesting, I really like the plot and the characters so far, the main guy might become one of my favorites, he's smart, straightforward and dependable, very rare protagonist indeed.
It's got to hurt so bad having your mother forget you completely, still, strangers forgetting about you isn't that impacting in comparison, I wonder if she will eventually fade into naught by the end of the show, not only visually, but from everybody's memory, it's like having Sugar (from One Piece) turn you into a toy.
I never thought Schrodinger's cat theory could be explained in such a basic manner that it could be understood that easily, of course, a lot more goes into it, it's like indirectly referring to some Steins;Gate degree shit.
I really love the development of their relationship, her Tsundere side matches really well with the protagonist's honest attitude, and then there is the other girl he said he's in love with, she looks like her and everybody seems to have forgotten about her too, did she like change her name and forgot about it or something?
The girl that kicked him at the park looks like she's going to be a familiar face from now on, maybe even steal the spotlights from Mai, but then again, she could also be just there to cause more drama, however, my theory on Mai being the girl from Sakuta's flashback puts her in the dangerous zone of the childhood friends, we all know how they all end up.
Nov 18, 2018 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
I just love the way Sakuta speaks his mind. I like this kind of MC, being honest.

I'm really amazed of how good his relationship with Mai works. Their dialogs and interactions are just great and believable at the same time. It just felt so natural.

Great episode!

P.S.: So... uhm... the little girl was able to find her mom in the end, right? ;_;
Nov 25, 2018 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
Much more eventful than the first episode, even if the whole thing is still a bit vague. So everyone in school still remembers Mai? That's interesting. I'm guessing her and Sakuta will get some of the classmates involved in a grand scheme to unravel the mystery behind the Adolescent Syndrome.
Nov 26, 2018 12:32 AM
Nov 2018
I love this episode but realy i love this Romantic Anime .
now about this episode there was good dating between Sakuta and mai and i think this was great.
Nov 29, 2018 8:40 AM

May 2018
This episode focused more on the novel, which reminded me a lot about Episode 12 of Bakemonogatari, one of my favorites.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 8, 2018 11:56 AM
Nov 2018
This episode was great. I'm loving the dynamic betweem the protagonist.
Dec 10, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2015
Nice milf mom is always good for show.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 21, 2018 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
I like how he hit the girl back and that he shared the bed with Mai, totally wasn't expecting these.
Dec 23, 2018 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Aversa said:
Well a nice episode and some progression was mode between the two even if the main was late for a date.
it seems the new girl that appeared took a lot of his time but things worked out in the end.
The new girls seems problematic tho and i think we will see more of her.

Yeah im curious to see how the other girls in the opening come into play. Cause so far im really loving this exclusive Mai and (main characters name i dont remember) dynamic. Not that im against more characters, i hope it just doesnt get too sidetracked with other girls stories studio key style (not that theres anything wrong with that firmat in other shows. Kinda a sucker for it actually.). I do like the inclusion of Kaede though, like im interested in the two girls that the main actually has a reason to care about, not just weird pedo-stopper butt-kick girl. Guess ill just see how it pans out though. Also getting some big "Your Name." Vibes, with adolescent syndrome, going on a trip to solve it, the couple of friends who help with the issue. Just really glad that ive found a good anime when i thought i had wirked my way through them all and had to settle for what trash was left over.
Dec 27, 2018 5:10 AM

Nov 2018
Is it just me or is Sakuta and Mai's relationship escalated quickly? I was surprised for sure to see the last minutes of this episode. And also the adolescent problem is funny somehow, both him and her. I'll see more of this in next episodes I believe, but at least I'm getting the feeling that 13 episodes for this anime is not enough - feels like 20ish is needed. Just my feeling on the counting.
Jan 1, 2019 6:07 PM

May 2013
Their relationship is progressing nicely C:

I wish Mai-chan gave him more of her lol. I guess holding hands and sharing a bed is a good start xD

Love Sakkun so much when he teases her XD it's so flirty and sexy ;D ;D
They're kind of a fairly mellow pairing :}
Jan 1, 2019 11:57 PM
Aug 2015
Nope, can't find anything inhrently good in this show.
Everything feel so mechanical, sterelized, these characters are freaking statues. I see a lot of people appreciate the dialogues and their relation, but I just can't feel any genuine alchemy between them so far. Also, I've seen this "girl dissapears from people sight and memories" plot too many times.
I think it will get better but this is almost surrealist. A good point is that Mai and Sakuta aren't your average immature-blushing-teens-at-the-simple-idea-of-holding-hands.
Jan 2, 2019 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
Damn their conversations are gold.
Jan 5, 2019 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad they addressed the thing about the objects Mai holds, because I spent a long time after the first episode thinking about why no one was reacting to a floating custard bun.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 6, 2019 10:48 PM

Jan 2017
The story so far has that Twilight Zone vibe.
Jan 10, 2019 10:38 PM

May 2012
The episodic pacing is really good, really still love the setting and looking forwards to see the next episode and the story unravel!
Jan 15, 2019 8:23 AM
Jul 2014
really hate forced drama driven by supernatural bullshit
Jan 27, 2019 12:08 PM

Mar 2016
Ok now the ED is fully revealed and honestly, the ED is so much nicer to hear than the OP IMO.

Mai's mom seems to only have eyes for money, especially because she's willing to expose her middle school daughter in a really exposing swimsuit all without her daughter's consent. Now that is being an asshole.

Whoever that girl that accused Sakuta of loli-kidnapping deserve some props for actually be a sensible person and be treated equally back after falsely accusing and inflicting that physical pain to Sakuta. Nice ass kicks though, from both of them!

Oh shit, things just escalated. Just when Mai is convinced to go back being a celebrity, her mom alongside almost everyone else ceases to know of her existence. Now that's worrying for sure...

Sakuta's and Mai's relationship became so much more in 2 episodes alone. They're really cute and fitting together! Especially after they've shared their personal histories with each other. And seeing how Mai began to also open up her emotions to Sakuta for real just made me wanna say... Sakuta X Mai However, I just knew that something horrible may happen that may sin this ship down... I don't want the speculation that EVERYONE including Sakuta himself to forget about Mai to be real!
Jan 30, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
They have pretty good chemistry, also other character interactions also seem interesting. And nice date, this one.

Now I really wonder what's all the mystery about, considering the opening scene on May 29th when she vanished even for him (and there were too many flags this time). I bet the main problem is in him, savior complex thing, chuuni or something, but we'll see. There certainly will be other girls in need of saving Futaba or Tomoe being the next ones.
May 3, 2019 6:21 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode! The interactions between Sakuta and Mai are definitely the reason I keep watching and can't get enough. But the rest of the episode was great. Some romance (pretty quick development, but I enjoyed it) was seen, and it was great. I love how they tease each other back and forth. This episode really made me like the characters. And that scene with Mai's mother, that caught me by surprise. I was expecting a confrontation, but she forgot. That was sad.

That new girl is also interesting, although it felt really weird when she was just standing there and told him to kick her too to get even. Will be waiting to see what goes on with her.
Jun 1, 2019 8:50 AM

Jan 2018
The guy have just wasted his only chance to kiss her and the opportunity to peep on her while having a bath , and still acts normal .
I applaud him for that .
Jun 16, 2019 2:59 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, things moving along swiftly and smoothly. Also loving the banter between the two!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 10, 2020 9:04 AM

Aug 2018
I honestly not sure, why Shrodinger's cat situation is popular.. I've heard it many times, but don't really understand, why you would use it.. Well, besides shocking factor of possibly dead or alive cat..
Em.. I don't really support Sakuta in his pressuring of Mai to return.. Yeah, maybe some more information "for" will arise in the future or something, but at this point he has nothing to operate on, really.. Only her looking once at ad with a couple in it sadly, which can mean 1000 things, really, including just wondering about her relationship status.. For now he's just really behaving like a douchebag.. But Mai is dependent on him, not being able to even feed herself.. Other way, she'd just stay away from him, what she did for several days until hunger became unbearable.. So so far, even if Sakuta seems like intelligent main character, I also quite dislike his pushing nature..
Well, also Mai resolving her feelings just like that, because for some reason she indeed was lying to herself all along.. It feels unnatural, how it's resolved, really.. Well, maybe it's not for the moment.. But if it is, I'm disappointed, really.. It feels very random.. But oh well, I didn't expect anything special anyway, such topic of feelings about returning or not to the work after mother's betrayal is really hard to write anyway..
This episode turned to the fading from everyone's memories person.. This part I actually maybe like.. It's sad..
And I think I also like honesty of Sakuta, how he can easily tell things how he actually thinks.. Including horny things as well, I guess.. Not being bashful about it, but just saying, how he's horny because of some things.. I wouldn't really say it's good or bad.. But it's interesting to see, I guess.. In the end, girls around still tolerate him, I guess..
And in the end their relationship with Mai works, I guess.. They trust each other, what's the most important maybe.. So in the end it works, and that's what matters, I guess.. Well, for their relationship.. I still not really a fan of how her feelings towards career were handled, I think it misses a scene or two of more of Mai's thoughts..
I can see how Ending can change on girl's route.. With different girl being in different route.. Wonder, if they'll do this..
Mar 29, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2019
Its sad that even her mom can't see Mai. It's also strange how only the people at the school is the only one who can see her.
Apr 25, 2020 2:04 PM
Mar 2016
Smooth as silk, bro. Can't get over his honest perversion either.

"I assure you my thoughts are 100x lewder than anything your imagining."

"The sound of the shower will be more than enough to fill me up 3x."

Pretty sure we would be great friends in an alternate universe.
Aug 5, 2020 11:14 AM

Jan 2018
hey come on mr. writer! you've just slipped when you got the chance to tackle some interesting themes with actual philosophy!
again, i hope in the end it'll turn out that this mai girl is his second personality and that he was insane all along. awesome.
also this puberty syndrome or whatever sounds way too much like the apathy syndrome in persona 3, i can't just ignore it
good god and the schrodingers cat thing was so dumb, can this get more cliché?
Sep 8, 2020 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
Relation between Sakuta and Mai is developing pretty well and I like how they can still make some cute, silly and somewhat perverted jokes despite the situation being pretty grave (hell I would have a mental breakdown if I disappeared and even my own mother doesn't remember me).

Nov 9, 2020 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
I enjoy the conversation between the main characters, so blunt and straight forward. Not quite on Monogatari-level, but enjoyable.
Mar 13, 2021 11:16 AM
Dec 2019
I wonder what people hate about these past 2 episodes. The plot is very interesting. I wonder where it will go.
Apr 2, 2021 7:40 AM

Jun 2020
That kick was actually surprisingly hilarious and made Sakuta late with Mai waiting for him

That taunting cutthroat gesture was so cute that's so "pfp'able" and their chemistry is so cute

That wholesome reply that Sakuta will hug Mai from behind and tell her everything's gonna be alright is so cute I'll definitely be waiting for that moment to come.
Apr 11, 2021 12:22 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Must suck that even your own mom can’t see you. Poor Mai. Also my man Sakuta must have will power that cannot he unmatched sleeping with a girl and not doing anything lmao. I’d probably just decline the offer to sleep with someone I’d just met not too long ago.
Apr 26, 2021 7:21 AM

Jul 2017
Tough right there for Mai, especially when seeing that her own mother couldn't recognize her existence anymore. Jeez. At least for now, she's leaning on Sakuta to almost be like a pillar of support since he still somehow remembers her and is willing to joke around and be with her as much as possible. Good chemistry as usual from what I remembered back in the day. I have to say, no matter how the show ends up being in this rewatch, the start is strong on the emotional side. Only thing questionable is understanding the logic behind whatever's happening since in the end, it is a syndrome in this show, not a curse that's fully supernatural.
animejasApr 26, 2021 2:53 PM
Jul 9, 2021 6:17 PM

Oct 2020
Mai and Sakuta's relationship seems to be progressing a lot faster than I expected, but maybe it's just a fake out..?
Sep 23, 2021 5:02 PM
May 2020
I thought this was gonna be a fun anime 😐

These main characters feel so fresh and chill, that's a nice surprise for my SOL experience.
Oct 4, 2021 6:57 AM

Mar 2021

This romance is a bit gratuitous, but I like the interaction that the protagonists have regarding puberty syndrome.

este romance es un poco gratuito, pero me gusta la interación que tiene los protagonistas con respecto al sindrome de la pubertad.
Oct 16, 2021 1:49 AM
Aug 2021
I love how Mai and Sakuta are so frank in their conversations. They're already couple goals. And that butt kick scene was an excellent example of true gender equalityXD

Look like even Mai's mom has forgotten her existence. Also what the fuck is wrong with Mai's mom?She made her own daughter model in lewd poses in a swimsuit when Mai was in MIDDLE SCHOOL?! So Sakuta's previous crush had helped him cure the syndrome. She also eerily looks like just like Mai. And Sakuta and Kaede are living separate from their parents because of Kaede's outbursts when she had the Adolescence syndrome.
-Facktack-Oct 16, 2021 3:11 AM
Dec 29, 2021 10:02 AM
Aug 2021
I'm liking this show so far, but can someone tell me why it is so popular? As of episode two I don't really understand why so many people like this.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Why is no one talking about the dub being announced… No hype?

SorryNT - Aug 28

35 by Mystogan14579 »»
Sep 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

230 by Pepista »»
Sep 17, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

531 by ItsRizzmi »»
Sep 13, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

233 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

194 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 7:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.