Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
71.6%
4Liked it!
20.7%
3It was OK
4.9%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.6
1,668 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Rio girl is kinda weird. Reminds me the type of character that can be very observant.

Looks like the episode already have Sakuta and Mai going out on a date. There's still a lot of social commentary in the show but Mai can show more emotions than I had thought.

Their relationship feels like fate bringing the two together.
Oct 10, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
Romance seen more in this episode, i like it.
I love how honest and straightforward their conversation are.
When her mom walked right by her, it caught me by surprise, wake me up how serious this syndrome are.
likepandaOct 10, 2018 12:38 PM
Oct 10, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2010
Well a nice episode and some progression was mode between the two even if the main was late for a date.
it seems the new girl that appeared took a lot of his time but things worked out in the end.
The new girls seems problematic tho and i think we will see more of her.
Oct 10, 2018 12:18 PM
Aug 2018
My heart burst just watching this episode. The romance really hit the spot, well at least for me. So far this anime’s been interesting , and introducing new characters always adds more development to the story. The new girl seems a bit comedic but that’s a good thing. Definitely gonna keep up with this one.
OmnirodOct 10, 2018 12:24 PM
Oct 10, 2018 12:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was really beautiful and also haunting. I felt that when Mai's mom couldn't see her, fuck.

In only two episodes, the show gave me a believable and fun relationship. It's like these two are made for each other.

Awesome.
Oct 10, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
This show is awesome. I love the way they calmly tease one another.
Oct 10, 2018 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
I was a bit skeptical, even though the first episode was pretty good but this was a great episode, in my opinion, it's only the beginning and they managed to make me love the characters already.

The relationship between Sakuta and Mai is developing pretty well, the romance executed greatly with the well-done drama and interesting showing of the characters' emotions.
The soundtrack was a great bonus as well, had its emotional touches.

Looks like the series is moving in the right direction, and hopefully, it would stay like this.
Oct 10, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2015
my heart is already aching in 2nd episode
those two are fun to watch
mai's chara is really cute i love the combination of a her trying to act mature and her embarrassed reactions
Oct 10, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
Another amazing episode, the mains have spot on chemistry. But why do I feel like the first girl who helped Sakuta also disappeared the same way as Mai and another tragedy is waiting to unfold...
Oct 10, 2018 12:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was rough seeing Mai's mom not only be unable to see her, but also not remembering her period =/

This whole thing of her existence just being gone is just tough to watch in general but thankfully Sakuta is there for her, so the entire experience wasn't that hard to witness due to how much fun they are as a couple and how well they play off of each other

Those two are really fun to watch and are beyond adorable and I'm already in love with the idea of them dating....Man it really does feel like they were destined by fate to be together @Stark700 lol, everything from their dialogue and actions just screams best couple of 2018 for me

Great episode overall yet again this week and I also wanna know more about Sakuta's first love that also seemingly disappeared too
TokoyaOct 10, 2018 12:45 PM
Oct 10, 2018 12:43 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite her serious nature Mai can be pretty playful. For a mid school girl to do swimsuit shots is a bit harsh. Sakuta and Mai sure work well in balancing each other. Mai actually waiting for Sakuta for that long was quite surprising. Mai's worsening condition sure torpedoed her brave attempt to stand up to her mother. Interesting episode that expanded significantly on Mai and Sakuta's characters and the bonds that are starting to form between them. Starting to love the interactions between them as well. Have to say the story is getting more interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2018 12:45 PM

Mar 2017
Starting off with Schrödinger's theory. Nice.
Koga Tomoe made her appearance. Never thought Sakuta would kick her butt for real (Wahh! We are getting a good, savage MC). That scene was damn funny. We get to see Makinohara Shouko too.
The story is progressing in a good pace. It's getting better and better. Left me hungry for next episode huh.
Oct 10, 2018 12:50 PM

Sep 2017
hahah mc actually kicked the girl back, he's great
and mai is the cutest
Oct 10, 2018 12:51 PM

Jan 2018
Good episode, I really like the interactions and romance between the two main characters.
Oct 10, 2018 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed this episode, it was a calm, relaxing one, but still with some significant progress.
I can't help to love how smooth it went, and how natural their relationship seem to be. I was lowkey hoping he'd say something after the "Thank you. For not giving up on me", but it would have probably ruined the ending.
I just hope she doesn't disappear when we wakes up, that would be a huge bummer :/

About the characters:
I like how Mai is not a tsun, being playful with him, showing her emotions despite the discomfort she might feel, waiting for him despite him being late, and how grateful she was at the ending. Also, her quirky personality is hella fun.
Sakuta, is also a really well made character. He's lowkey flirty, but always respecting and putting his caring feelings/nature for her first. I'd say his promise might be a rather hard one to keep, but sometimes those are the best ones.

Overall, I'll keep my 8/10 and wait for further developments on the plot. I'm intrigued by what Rio might find :)
Now, rewatch the episode :p
Oct 10, 2018 12:58 PM

Jul 2017
Damn the character chemistry in this show is amazing. Really enjoying the MC so far as well
Oct 10, 2018 1:03 PM

Dec 2017
this romance progressed so for far in 2 episodes as nisekoi failed to do in 32...
Oct 10, 2018 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Just the second episode in and already such a heavy one, it's unusual that I'm already at the brink of tears so early on. Credits for that.

And the melancholic mood isn't the only thing this show nails down, some other aspects are top as well. Like Sakutas bland manner, but foremost the chemistry between him and Mai, it's just soooo good.

Great show so far and one of the best mystery romances I've seen, hope it pulls through till the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2018 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
Boy, is their relationship moving at lightning speed. I'm not sure if that's because Bunny-senpai wants to make a connection hoping that this way she'll be harder to forget or if Sakuta is just a smooth af mofo.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 10, 2018 1:13 PM

Mar 2016
her own mom doesn't even see her anymore....god damn :\\
Oct 10, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
Despite this shows stupid title this episode showed this anime deserves attention.

I loved the verbal exchanges between the two the just bounce off each other so well. There's also an honesty about Thier relationship which is so refreshing in a sea of missunderstandings and unrequited feelings from other anime.

This could be the suprise of the season, hope it continues as the mystery as to Senpais adolescent syndrome has hooked me.
Oct 10, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2017
Surprised she's already been completely erased from everyone outside of their school. I really like the dynamic these characters have. They're both very straightforward with each other which leads to some pretty funny dialogue. Especially how Sakuta is a bit of a perv and straight up says what he's thinking but Mai doesn't really care since she's the "mature older woman" and all.

Really interested to see where this is gonna go.
Oct 10, 2018 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
That was really great. These 2 had electrifying chemistry in this episode from the witty conversations to the drama that happened, everything was just terrific.
Oct 10, 2018 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode and loved how the show overdoing their interaction detail and fast development in a good way and almost felt like visual novel-ish. MC don't look special but yet he display so much personalities that way can't get tired seeing their conversations. Also can't still feel sensible of that syndrome thing but at least the show also self-aware how absurd it is lol. So far going great and hopefully the show doesn't go edgy or experience wasted potential after all these amazing development like last year's CotE show.

Btw I have a mix bag feeling about the subtitles that prevented me enjoying to max. Looks like have to wait for fansub this time..
removed-userOct 10, 2018 2:03 PM
Oct 10, 2018 1:33 PM

May 2018
Puberty syndrom my ass, cu' it doesn't look like a syndrome but more like a curse, damn Japanese fictional syndrome. Man somebody give them japs a dictionary.

Oh look Mai's mom don't see her and head toward Sakuta , so wtf didn't Sakuta pointed to Mai who was just a few feet from them, instead of asking her if she remembers her or knows her?????

And also shouldn't Sakuta be asking the people if they see the girl besides him instead of asking if they remember her or what she used to do ??????
Oct 10, 2018 1:35 PM
Jul 2014
These flags... my heart can't take it.
Oct 10, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Now this is what I seek in a good romance anime. The chemistry between Mai & Sakuta was amazing. I love how they tease each other a lot, be a little flirty to one another, how they are so straightforward to each other. I am really liking these 2 characters a lot so far. Honestly curious to see how their relationship is gonna develop!

Mai is definitely in the running of best girl of the season if this keeps up.

Damn, that hit me in the feels, that moment of realisation that Mai's mum can't actually see her anymore either and have forgotten about her daughter is just painful... this adolescent syndrome is really something.
Oct 10, 2018 1:42 PM
Mar 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

And also shouldn't Sakuta be asking the people if they see the girl besides him instead of asking if they remember her or what she used to do ??????

He probably should if he wanted to be mistaken for a lunatic
Oct 10, 2018 2:00 PM

Jan 2016
This has to be one of the best 2nd episodes I've ever seen in anime. Quick and natural relationship progress with a very heavy toned theme to the episode.

I'm blown away tbh because the title and the trailer was so misleading, the first episode turned out to be great but the 2nd one was beyond amazing.

Oct 10, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
I like the protagonist..who is so straight forward...which makes him relatable and stil creepy at the same time...feel ad for the senpai though
Oct 10, 2018 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
Man, sakuta’s lines are hilarious. “My thoughts are hundred times more lewd than you’re imagining” lmao. I like this anime and the characters.
Oct 10, 2018 2:15 PM

Jan 2015
Is there a term for shows with this type of 'feel'? It feels a lot like Monogatari.
Also, I REALLY love the tense atmosphere of never knowing when he'll forget her (we know it will happen because of the start of the first episode). I hope this one isn't gonna end in a trainwreck.

Oct 10, 2018 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
I can't express how much I love their chemistry. This makes me want to believe they are already a couple(marry if possible). The syndrome is getting even stronger. Hope they can overcome it together.
Oct 10, 2018 2:48 PM

Mar 2016
An improvement over the first episode. Glad we got the Schrödinger's cat shit out of the way in the very beginning and it didn't dwell too long on it. Some banter was good, some contrived. Might get tired of the monotone shit sooner rather than later but am still intrigued. The scene when her mother walked right past her (even I forgot about her condition for a second) was probably the most effective part of the episode, in that it showed the urgency of her situation.

I assumed her 'condition' was somehow outwardly psycho-somatic in that it effects other people's brains, but it doesn't seem like her desire to go back into showbiz has stopped it at all. I know nothing about the source material so will just have to wait and see.
syncrogazerOct 10, 2018 2:58 PM
Oct 10, 2018 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
Though this definitely made for a greater impression on me than the first episode, I can't help but feel at ends with the show right now. First off, the good things about this episode were the character interactions been Mai and Sakuta. Their unique dialogue gives the show quite a quirky atmosphere with elements of comedy. Then seeing how their relationship blooms is also rather nice. The impact of this Adolescence Syndrome does bring in the serious/heavy factor since Mai's own mother can't remember her. This makes the tense feeling all the more intriguing but this brings me to the bad.

What is up with this pacing? These two characters literally just met in the last episode and now they are already "sleeping together" in a hotel at the end of this week's ep? Plus they are all but confirmed as a full-on couple? Then you get a brief dump into Mai's backstory that explains why she left showbiz. Now...I'm glad the plot is moving but I can't help to feel that there is a lot of content that could have been stretched out over at least 4 episodes. Maybe it's because of the fact that this series only gets like 12 or 13 episodes that they are moving things along so quickly, but I just can't help feeling like it's a partial robbery. 3/5
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 10, 2018 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
joe_g7 said:
Boy, is their relationship moving at lightning speed. I'm not sure if that's because Bunny-senpai wants to make a connection hoping that this way she'll be harder to forget or if Sakuta is just a smooth af mofo.

I think it's just bad pacing
Oct 10, 2018 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
though sakuta has personality like Hachiman and Hotarou
but HE IS GREAT UPGRADE AT ROMANCE LEVEL!
i think i will at Sakuta to the list the best Man MC :D
Oct 10, 2018 2:58 PM
Mar 2018
SeraNoona said:
marry if possible

Oct 10, 2018 2:59 PM

Dec 2015
Abusaeed said:
joe_g7 said:

I think it's just bad pacing
True. And trying to convince myself otherwise isn't gonna change that.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 10, 2018 3:02 PM

Feb 2016
Oh boy, this is giving me some Oregairu vibes. I think we are up for an emotional ride.

Lol'd at that random girl that wanted to be kicked to make things even xD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 10, 2018 3:10 PM

Feb 2016
DedPanda said:

What is up with this pacing? These two characters literally just met in the last episode and now they are already "sleeping together" in a hotel at the end of this week's ep? Plus they are all but confirmed as a full-on couple? Then you get a brief dump into Mai's backstory that explains why she left showbiz. Now...I'm glad the plot is moving but I can't help to feel that there is a lot of content that could have been stretched out over at least 4 episodes. Maybe it's because of the fact that this series only gets like 12 or 13 episodes that they are moving things along so quickly, but I just can't help feeling like it's a partial robbery. 3/5

I think the pacing is okay for the most part. It gives the vibe that Mai its desperate, which it might be the reason why they are in the situation they are in right now. If you look it on a different way, Mai had to choose of being all alone on her own or going out with Sakuta. I mean, even if you don't know each other that much, would you really leave her alone after what she's been through? That could end up REALLY BAD imo, and I would have hated Sakuta if he didn't.

Edit: Now, if we talk about them sharing a room (and bed), I don't think they have any other choice, No one but him can see her, I don't think he could have gotten a bigger room even if he tried.
~Blackwall
Oct 10, 2018 3:11 PM
Oct 2016
Hey! I've just watched the episode, but I still don't understand semething from the start of the 1. first episode. Can someone help me? Why did he have notebook and there was a sentence from future? And why did he have memories from future on the start? Thanks.
Oct 10, 2018 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
So far this is for me one of the better anime I'm watching. I really do hope it keeps it at the same quality for the whole run.

Loved the random girl that wanted to get kicked to be even while then getting interupted by the cops. :-D
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 10, 2018 3:16 PM

Jan 2016
What really sells the series is the dialogue, it feels really natural while still telling you a bit about these characters. Plus the series doesn't use cliches in interactions as much which makes it more engaging overall. Just a solid series so far. Also please be 24 episodes, I think this will need it
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 10, 2018 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
HereticHunter said:
DedPanda said:

I think the pacing is okay for the most part. It gives the vibe that Mai its desperate, which it might be the reason why they are in the situation they are in right now. If you look it on a different way, Mai had to choose of being all alone on her own or going out with Sakuta. I mean, even if you don't know each other that much, would you really leave her alone after what she's been through? That could end up REALLY BAD imo, and I would have hated Sakuta if he didn't.

Edit: Now, if we talk about them sharing a room (and bed), I don't think they have any other choice, No one but him can see her, I don't think he could have gotten a bigger room even if he tried.

Well when you look at it that way, then it does make sense. However, I still feel like the events that brought these two closer in this episode could have been stretched just a bit. I get there's a possibility that she's desperate to be acknowledged however, I'm surprised she didn't play the strong standoffish vibe to feel Sakuta out a little more before feeling like she could trust him.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 10, 2018 3:24 PM

Apr 2017
I'm really loving this, every scene reached my heart literally and the romance between Sakuta and Mai is just way too good I haven't felt like this in ages haha :3
I'm just hoping he doesn't forget about her although I'm pretty sure he'll end up doing it.

Oct 10, 2018 3:26 PM

Feb 2016
DedPanda said:
HereticHunter said:

Well when you look at it that way, then it does make sense. However, I still feel like the events that brought these two closer in this episode could have been stretched just a bit. I get there's a possibility that she's desperate to be acknowledged however, I'm surprised she didn't play the strong standoffish vibe to feel Sakuta out a little more before feeling like she could trust him.

It reminds me a bit of the events of the first 2 episodes of Kiminozo, (Kiminozo actually went to a whole new level tho xD) I won't deny that stretching it a bit could have been better, but well.

I'm liking their chemistry so far. Can't wait to see how far this "Syndrome" goes to.
~Blackwall
Oct 10, 2018 3:29 PM

Mar 2017
Like the MC, such rascal.

Also the romance within this episode is on point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2018 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Their relationship is very simple and sweet <3 I am liking the conversation these two newly lovebirds share with each other. Nice episode :)

The moment was bitter when Mai's mom showed up and passed around her just like that. So even her own mom can't see her *sigh*

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 10, 2018 3:32 PM
May 2016
The episode was pretty cute I was wondering things about the plot but now that I keep watching it. Its different from what I expected.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.