Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2016
Praise be the Witch for her gifting Slothman another chance of life. Truely SLOTHful if I must say. He also uses his claws to fight so that makes even cooler.

On the other matters, after these couple of episodes I find myself liking Julius more than Reinhard. You may say it's because of recency bias and you're kind of right, but I also find what Julius did with his screentime is more interesting than Reinhard.
Sep 11, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
AmejiHunter said:
Sometimes791 said:

This will be a glorious day.

The only sad thing is

Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Sep 11, 2016 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Killer96bee said:
AmejiHunter said:
Could someone spoil me on the missing Satella scene? Obviously, use the spoilers tag.

I can't get enough of Betelgeuse. He's definitely the ultimate waifu out there, I don't care what others say.

Its not in this episode

Only that? I was under the impression that others were talking about a skipped Satella scene, not a thing that would be in next episode.
Sep 11, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
That Betelgeuse flying scene. Brilliant. He continues to be the best male character of this anime XD
I actually hoped that they would end the fight with him in this episode..
Now I already have a bad feeling towards the end..

Why did they change the plan so much anyway? I mean going to meet emilia without her noticing its subaru. Why?
I understand they wanted to throw of the timing of the witchs cult, but that could have been shorter imo, if there was nothing more to it.
A bit disappointed.
As I already said many times, the only thing this anime lacks a tiny bit is animation quality. It would deserve so much more.. Then again, its nice to see a show is good even with "normal" level animation. Most shows are shit with godlike art, or just complete shit XD

PS: First subaru slightly talked with a differnt voice, in the village everyone noticed its him. Except the emilia. Lol. Just be the vessel to the witch already and let remxsubaru be a thing.
That reminds me. Not enough rem.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Mar 2010
Immahnoob said:
Jagd84 said:

Emilia style of cloak isn't even unique, the Iron Fang members (including the humans) also have ear shapes on the back of the hood. Only the color is different so it a be bit of logic for Emilia to bypass the magic through that.
Dude, I doubt it's hard to understand that someone is wearing your coat, be it similar to other coats or not. They did explain it was the magic, not that she's so dumb not to notice that it's her cloak.

My point is what would be her basis for that and it not being another person cloak? Is there anything on that stands out? The design isn't unqiue. She cannot recongize Subaru and deduce from there due cognitive effects of magic. So what go off on without making a fool out of herself and offending the person?

I've encountered a similar problems IRL, now I add stuff to my bags that could recongize so I don't mistake again.
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
violetta_96 said:
Molandero said:

emilia is nothing without subaru, and subaru is nothing without rem...

This anime will be piece of garbage without rem

You say that this anime will be piece of garbage without Rem then why do you watch Re zero?if you watch anime for Rem best stop watching Re zero because this anime isn't people like you

That is an extreme case of Remfagism.
Sep 11, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
It felt kinda RUSHED but it's still a good episode in my opinion.
I don't mind other people saying that the animation was terrible in this episode... coz I didn't even noticed it coz of the story and the characters itself.
Last episode next week... feels so sad for this great anime to end (hoping it would continue in a possible second season).
Sep 11, 2016 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Revert67 said:
AmejiHunter said:

Only that? I was under the impression that others were talking about a skipped Satella scene, not a thing that would be in next episode.

There was, apparently, another one. I asked what it was about in the general discussion:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1507467&show=3650#msg47725420

Oh, thanks for the info :)
Sep 11, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2008
_Hans_ said:
Eitori said:
Can't wait to see the shitstorm and salt next week.

My body is so ready for it ༼ つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽つ MAL will break
I don't know the story at all, but you would think people would expect the worst considering what's been shown so far. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a major death, betrayal or whatever (no character is off limits). I suppose there could also be salt because of a major cliffhanger at the end of the season (though I'm expecting that as well).
Sep 11, 2016 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Enjoyed seeing that slothman makes use of his animal trait.

removed-userSep 11, 2016 3:10 PM
Sep 11, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2008
honestly i came here just for one thing, all those who say that this anime is overrated or it sucks, they're just tasteless shit...

i can't even remember when i was watching something like this in about 3 years to now... (except some good animes)

Sep 11, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
CG-Silver said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
INB4 the retards that think TV animation is about Budget...

Not really. It could also be:

more budget=more hired staff=more work in same time

OR

more budget=talented staff=better result in same time
That's why One Punch Man looked so average(Obvious Sarcasm)
Sup...
Sep 11, 2016 3:18 PM

Aug 2016
Betelgeuse riding his own unseen hands was the best part of the episode.

Really worrying now about Emilia though, I hope she doesn't get possesed by the witch
Sep 11, 2016 3:19 PM

Jan 2011
Episode was meh. Felt like lots of talking and diddling as usual. Now on to last episode followed by X amount of time until the second season. From what I heard it will focus more on the world itself rather than mainly Subaru which is a good thing. Nothing much really special going for this series in hindsight.
Sep 11, 2016 3:19 PM

Mar 2010
Comander-07 said:
That Betelgeuse flying scene. Brilliant. He continues to be the best male character of this anime XD
I actually hoped that they would end the fight with him in this episode..
Now I already have a bad feeling towards the end..

Why did they change the plan so much anyway? I mean going to meet emilia without her noticing its subaru. Why?
I understand they wanted to throw of the timing of the witchs cult, but that could have been shorter imo, if there was nothing more to it.
A bit disappointed.
As I already said many times, the only thing this anime lacks a tiny bit is animation quality. It would deserve so much more.. Then again, its nice to see a show is good even with "normal" level animation. Most shows are shit with godlike art, or just complete shit XD

Because Subaru wanted avoid any chance of villagers getting caught up again. The last loop taught him that he can't take anything involving the Witch Cult for granted. That's why Subaru dealt with cult members among the merchants this time, went after the Fingers first, and evacuated the village early.

PS: First subaru slightly talked with a differnt voice, in the village everyone noticed its him. Except the emilia. Lol. Just be the vessel to the witch already and let remxsubaru be a thing.
That reminds me. Not enough rem.

Nobody noticed is was him and he didn't have the cloak on when spoke to the villagers. I mean are you trying to say Roswaal is a shitty mage or something now?
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 3:26 PM
Sep 11, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
This might be one of the dullest episodes I've watched of this show yet.
Sep 11, 2016 3:24 PM

Mar 2010
Tylaen said:

I'm pretty sure going by your posts in previous threads nearly the entire series has been that. So what difference this being slightly worse make for you now?
Sep 11, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
Jagd84 said:
I've encountered a similar problems IRL, now I add stuff to my bags that could recongize so I don't mistake again.
You're you. The average individual would recognize their own coat on another person. The only reason she didn't recognize it was because of the magic.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 11, 2016 3:29 PM

Oct 2015
For everyone who feels the animation/art isn't as good, I really hope you would take the time to watch Shirobako!

It's about anime production and I think what happened in this episode is one of the issues they faced! Lots of backlogs and things getting a little rushed. It's really nice too once you get through the first few super fast paced episodes :3

Hopefully we can all be a little more appreciative of the things producers give us I guess! WF has done a great job overall so far!
PloofSep 11, 2016 3:34 PM
Sep 11, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2014
Fuck Rem x Subaru or Emilia x Subaru, Julius x Subaru is objectively best couple.
Sep 11, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
what is this satella scene that everyone's talking about? what did they skip? can someone spoil me
Sep 11, 2016 3:35 PM

Sep 2012
I liked this episode in general and especially because of the scenes with Betelgeuse again, but compared to the episodes before I found it kind of weak. Usually I wouldn't mind that Subaru has to do everything all over again, but since it is the second last episode it felt like a lot of excitement and momentum which was built up towards the last episode just disappeared. And since we didn't even see Betelgeuse die in this episode, I wonder how they are going to wrap everything up in the last episode with such less time left.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DerWuestenfuchs
「Just another weeb living the dream in Japan」
Sep 11, 2016 3:35 PM

Oct 2015
Ploof said:
For everyone who feels the animation/art isn't as good, I really hope you would take the time to watch Shirobako!

I second this :D :D
Sep 11, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
Immahnoob said:
Jagd84 said:
You're you. The average individual would recognize their own coat on another person. The only reason she didn't recognize it was because of the magic.

That's not my point. It can and does happen even if it's not too common. It doesn't have anything to do with person. Emilia seemed recongized the cloak ilooked like hers, but can't recongize the person itself so as far she this someone similar styled cloak like the Iron Fang.

At least that's my interpretation.
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 3:56 PM
Sep 11, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2016
I can't believe it is ending next episode :( A season 2 would be crazy ^_^

Sep 11, 2016 3:41 PM

May 2015
Oh, damn. Great episode. I'm not sure why many people disliked this episode other than the art/animation reason, which didn't really catch my eyes to be honest.

Hoping for a big finale.

Sep 11, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
enjoyable episode never noticed the bad quality though love how Subaru keeps messing with Betelgeuse.
though sucks next week is the last episode guess it's time to start the LN (volume 1)
and anyone know what volume the anime will end on ? just curios
Sep 11, 2016 3:46 PM

Sep 2013
More than the animation (Julius, O Julius, wherefore art thy mouth missing in one frame?), dat last part was what stuck out to me. Subaru and Julius were having a minute long conversation about their relationship while Betelgeuse just patiently waited for them to finish omg now THAT is sloth. On top of that, poor Subaru getting assigned forced exposition on how he's making Julius beat Betelgeuse, to which Betelgeuse ALSO patiently listens to without doing shit, I mean, geez, I expect this in bad battle shounens, not Re:Zero; I couldn't help but laugh (and internally cry). It would've been much more effective to SHOW how Julius is seeing through Subaru's eyes (through some sort of visual aid or clever shots; I can't say exactly what exactly but I'm a 100% sure it's possible), and having Subaru remark something witty about Julius's spirit magic or something while at it, just literally anything but the exposition, especially since it ate precious screentime needlessly. That "battle" was handled so poorly I could barely believe it; even Wilhelm just slashing Betelgeuse once without resistance in a previous episode was more bearable (is Betelgeuse really weak or something? He literally does nothing but whip out his invisible hands in hopes it does something).

"By the way, this cloak thing makes me unrecognizable, but somehow I couldn't be shown getting to know this beforehand in the story and stealing said cloak out of nowhere." (no really when did he take it, I seriously don't remember this happening if it actually did, and why wasn't this ever explained before)/ "I'm now going to explain the full extent of everything I did (to the audience but shhh) like a villain to you, Witch Cult guy, even though I didn't need to go that far to emphasize how screwed you got and the way I said it was far from natural." Also, was there a need to have practically a minute of the mean things said to Emilia over and over again to show that they affected her, because I literally just needed 5-10 seconds at most: why was there a need to extend that and pad the running time when there's SO much content (I assume) that would've used that time? There's something about the witch that was apparently important and if they actually directed this episode well, I think it might've had a chance of being in (maybe), and yet this sort of stuff happens. It's just disappointing.

At least I wasn't bored in this episode and Julius is really cool (basically my favorite character in the whole show), but still, the level of quality surprised me.
Sep 11, 2016 3:48 PM

Apr 2015
magji said:
enjoyable episode never noticed the bad quality though love how Subaru keeps messing with Betelgeuse.
though sucks next week is the last episode guess it's time to start the LN (volume 1)
and anyone know what volume the anime will end on ? just curios
Probably Volume 10 ;w;
Sep 11, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:
Tylaen said:

I'm pretty sure going by your posts in previous threads nearly the entire series has been that. So what difference this being slightly worse make for you now?

I'm pretty sure you're just reading too negatively into it, even moreso than I actually was.

The difference Is that after a tumultuous previous episode, this one just walks through micro-correcting each and every one mistake without really going Into anything i'd consider exciting, only poking me In the side with that Emilia fact of the day. Speaking of Emilia, In case we forgot what we were told last time, we have it reiterated for us what she did and how she felt. I guess we got Puck thoughts too...which was nice.

Wasn't helped by the"I actually really like you, but not really...okay maybe." speech In the middle of an already tenseless and shoddily animated encounter, not helped by him giving them the courtesy of having their heart to heart. I'll throw it into the pile that the light show wasn't distracting enough either because that was probably the least I could've hoped for.

TylaenSep 11, 2016 4:15 PM
Sep 11, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
People complaint about budget problems, but I admit I liked the episode despite not being the best regarding visuals. I mean, we have Subaru being competent, his bromance with Julius (the ending was great and hyping) and more of Betelgeuse's crazy antics, this time involving him flying in his fucking hands, man, HIS FUCKING UNSEEN HANDS. I think I can die in peace now.
Hell, even the sloth man from the 22th episode appeared here kicking asses.
I also liked how people managed to accept Emilia and tolerate her.

My only complaint has been the paing of the episode. I would have liked to have two episodes more at least, because the stuff of evacuate the village and convincing Emilia the left the mansion took 10 minutes at least and I fear that the battle against Betelgeuse will get extended that much, thus making the final episode unevitable ending rushed.

And, well, just an episode before the ending. I will miss this series a lot for sure, I wasn't very excited with this at the beginning, but thanks to the third arc, the dank memes, the salt, Crusch and Betelgeuse, this has managed to get a place in my heart.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward the last episode, though.

Hunter562 said:
On my way to steal yo girl

This totally made the episode.

Sometimes791 said:
This made me shed manly tears ;_;
Sep 11, 2016 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
Not gonna lie, Subaru had his moments in this episode.

But, in the end, all that matters is that slothman lives again.

Also:

MaledictSep 11, 2016 4:09 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 11, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2010
Aines445 said:
More than the animation (Julius, O Julius, wherefore art thy mouth missing in one frame?), dat last part was what stuck out to me. Subaru and Julius were having a minute long conversation about their relationship while Betelgeuse just patiently waited for them to finish omg now THAT is sloth. On top of that, poor Subaru getting assigned forced exposition on how he's making Julius beat Betelgeuse, to which Betelgeuse ALSO patiently listens to without doing shit, I mean, geez, I expect this in bad battle shounens, not Re:Zero; I couldn't help but laugh (and internally cry). It would've been much more effective to SHOW how Julius is seeing through Subaru's eyes (through some sort of visual aid or clever shots; I can't say exactly what exactly but I'm a 100% sure it's possible), and having Subaru remark something witty about Julius's spirit magic or something while at it, just literally anything but the exposition, especially since it ate precious screentime needlessly. That "battle" was handled so poorly I could barely believe it; even Wilhelm just slashing Betelgeuse once without resistance in a previous episode was more bearable (is Betelgeuse really weak or something? He literally does nothing but whip out his invisible hands in hopes it does something)e.

That has nothing do with this being a shounen, that's been Betegeuse's character. He was always talking a lot, making unnecessary spasm movements, due to being crazy. That's not gonna suddenly change now. He's only being beaten head on his Unseen Hands can actually be seen.

"By the way, this cloak thing makes me unrecognizable, but somehow I couldn't be shown getting to know this beforehand in the story and stealing said cloak out of nowhere." (no really when did he take it, I seriously don't remember this happening if it actually did, and why wasn't this ever explained before)/ "I'm now going to explain the full extent of everything I did (to the audience but shhh) like a villain to you, Witch Cult guy, even though I didn't need to go that far to emphasize how screwed you got and the way I said it was far from natural." Also, was there a need to have practically a minute of the mean things said to Emilia over and over again to show that they affected her, because I literally just needed 5-10 seconds at most: why was there a need to extend that and pad the running time when there's SO much content (I assume) that would've used that time? There's something about the witch that was apparently important and if they actually directed this episode well, I think it might've had a chance of being in (maybe), and yet this sort of stuff happens. It's just disappointing.

Aside from your pointless complaints (which is espeically ironic given you're probably one of the people who have whined regardless) Emilia throw the cloak at him after their argument. They even show it in those so called useless flasbacks. And the reason you saw Emilia's flasback was to show that villagers rejection of her brought back unpleasent memories about her time in captial how she completely obstructed no matter where she goes and how badly it is affecting her internally. That's why she hestating when comes to making snap decisions. It wasn't even long. But I wouldn't expect who trivializes discrimination and emotional and life changes damges to understand.
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 4:32 PM
Sep 11, 2016 4:22 PM

Sep 2016
Betelgeuse is so entertaining. A shame that he will probably not survive this. Decent episode overall.
Sep 11, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty meh episode considering it's the second to last episode.

Maledict said:

Also:

I'm stealing this.
Sep 11, 2016 4:27 PM

Mar 2013
Guys, check the credit. You'll find out why the episode has terrible animation.
Sep 11, 2016 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
Really liked this episode. Subaru enacting all of his plans in such a tactical manner was really satisfying, and seeing Betelgeuse actually taking things serious was too. This series feels a lot better now that we've gotten back to the main plot and Emilia. Also Subaru's relationship with Julius and the rest of the side characters getting more and more developed is making the show feel more complete.

I did notice the meh animation, though it doesn't really bother me as much as it does others. Still thought this was one of the best episodes we've had in a while.
Sep 11, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2016
Bruh that fuckin OST that played during the last fight was HYPE asf
Sep 11, 2016 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Jagd84 said:

That has nothing do with thus being a shounen, that's been Betegeuse's character. He was always talking a lot, making unnecessary movements, s. That's not gonna suddenly change now. He's only being beaten head on his Unseen Hands can actually be seen.

I wasn't referring to Betelgeuse talking though. I was referring to Subaru and Julius, and how Betelgeuse just waits for them to finish talking even when he's in clear danger or need to do something (and also about forced exposition). If anything, I fail to understand what you're even talking about in terms of what I've said.

Jagd84 said:

Aside from your pointless complaints (which is espeically ironic given you're probably one of the people who have whined regardless) Emilia throw the cloak at him after their arugment. They even show it in those so called useless flasbacks. And the reason you saw Emilia's flasback was to show that villagers rejection of her brought back unpleasent memories about how she completely obstiuctused no matter where she goes and how badly it is affecting her internally. But I wouldn't expect who trivializes discrimination and emotional and life changes damges to understand.

"Aside from your pointless complaints (which is espeically ironic given you're probably one of the people who have whined regardless)"

????

Oh, and if it was shown how he got the cloak, then I take the statement back. Sorry about not remembering.

I wasn't saying that the flashbacks shouldn't have been a thing. I'm saying that they were dragged out a bit too long, and it serves as a waste of time that could've been used for other things. I can infer that she's having a hard time from not only the previous episode where this is told to us, but from a few seconds of these flashbacks just fine; not basically a whole minute.

"But I wouldn't expect who trivializes discrimination and emotional and life changes damges to understand."

Completely baseless. I've done no such thing. No need for diffamation, please.
Sep 11, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
fateoffate said:
Can't I just prod you to tell me.
Sep 11, 2016 4:41 PM
May 2016
It was a grest episode. Though the animation was not that good, also said by many here, Its decent to me, its more focus on the preparations before the battle, the conversation of the characters and their emotions towards each other. OP and Ed again was left out, although its a bit rush.
I'm glad to see Emilia's perspective about what happened in the capital, and I guess she was really depressed about it and also what happened to her convincing thr village to evacuated though they not agreed.

wtf Otto?!
Sep 11, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2015
The art and animation has gone down a little over the past couple of episodes but besides that, I thought this was a solid episode overall. I mean hey, at least the animation wasn't as terrible as Orange's episode 9 haha I spent most of that episode laughing at all the animation derps. XD Can't wait for the finale next week! :)
Sep 11, 2016 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
Tylaen said:
Jagd84 said:

I'm pretty sure you're just reading too negatively into it, even moreso than I actually was.

The difference Is that after a tumultuous previous episode, this one just walks through micro-correcting each and every one mistake without really going Into anything i'd consider exciting, only poking me In the side with that Emilia fact of the day.

So what? I don't see how that is a bad thing at all. Are you expecting him fail again for no reason? I'm his complaining that hero and will eventually beat villain that every action adventure story has. Seeing Subaru modifying his plans and learning from his mistakes and growing up one of key things of his series.

Speaking of Emilia, In case we forgot what we were told last time, we have it reiterated for us what she did and how she felt. I guess we got Puck thoughts too...which was nice.

That's funny. I don't ever remember getting her perspective on the matter. Most people don't even understand why she was even crying at end of last episode, but here you are talking about as if is a know fact.

Wasn't helped by the"I actually really like you, but not really...okay maybe." speech In the middle of an already tenseless and shoddily animated encounter, not helped by him giving them the courtesy of having their heart to heart. I'll throw it into the pile that the light show wasn't distracting enough either because that was probably the least I could've hoped for.

I have no idea what you're talking about here, but whatever that's your opinon so I'll just agree to disagree.
Sep 11, 2016 4:48 PM

Jun 2015
Maledict said:

Also:

Long live slothman!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Jul 2016
As expected, Betelgeuse hurts himself as atonement to the witch, whenever he believes he wasn't dilligent enough. Therefore all his actions are understandable.
As for this episode: meh. Saved by the comedy that is Betelgeuse. The rest was all fluff.
Sep 11, 2016 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
The hype of this episode was so low taking into account this is the SECOND TO LAST EPISODE and the popularity of the series. As it's going, the next episode will be the death of MAL.
Sep 11, 2016 5:03 PM
Oct 2011
he is he is he is
THE SIN OF PRIIIIIDE

they have been saying it for maaany episodes!!!!!
Sep 11, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2014
fateoffate said:

What do you mean? Is it only a few animators, an awful studio worked on it? What?
Sep 11, 2016 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:

So what? I don't see how that is a bad thing at all. Are you expecting him fail again for no reason? I'm his complaining that hero and will eventually beat villain that every action adventure story has. Seeing Subaru modifying his plans and learning from his mistakes and growing up one of key things of his series.
I'm expecting some kind of excitement from his success since it is literally impossible for him to fail, and unfortunately when Re:Zero is being not in despair, it is just kind of a chore to watch because it resembles the chuuni manner which so many other series go about success.

Jagd84 said:
That's funny. I don't ever remember getting her perspective on the matter. Most people don't even understand why she was even crying at end of last episode, but here you are talking about as if is a know fact.
Because it was pretty easy to deduce given how simple a character she is. It's not that hard to think about given what she did and the reactions given.

Unless people somehow forgot her character while she was irrelevant which could be forgiven, as she is pretty forgettable.
TylaenSep 11, 2016 5:13 PM
Sep 11, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2010
Aines445 said:

I wasn't referring to Betelgeuse talking though. I was referring to Subaru and Julius, and how Betelgeuse just waits for them to finish talking even when he's in clear danger or need to do something (and also about forced exposition). If anything, I fail to understand what you're even talking about in terms of what I've said.

That's exactly what I'm talking about though. Betelgeuse wasn't waiting from hem finish their conversation, their were having in middle of his freak out. He wouldn't attacked them in period at all regardless until composed himself (or what little he can) which could still hear, but not care.

And exposition happens during combat in 90% of anime. Even Ep 3 of Re:zero had a bunch exposition going in the fight there.

"Aside from your pointless complaints (which is espeically ironic given you're probably one of the people who have whined regardless)"

????

Just like you did right now, people forget the details shown from previous episodes in this pretty often in this show. If they had not had those flashback people would have been complaining there being no context for why things are happening. You may possible be more observant than others, but not everyone is the same.

Oh, and if it was shown how he got the cloak, then I take the statement back. Sorry about not remembering.

I wasn't saying that the flashbacks shouldn't have been a thing. I'm saying that they were dragged out a bit too long, and it serves as a waste of time that could've been used for other things. I can infer that she's having a hard time from not only the previous episode where this is told to us, but from a few seconds of these flashbacks just fine; not basically a whole minute.

I don't feel they were very long at all. They were barely minute and any shorter would underscore the gravity of what Emilia feeling and how important what Subaru said about kids were to her. It's one things that have been weighting so heavily on mind that she can't even sleep without her thoughts drifting back to it and Puck can only do so much to bandaid it. She simply trying her best to bottle it up, but even that having it's limit. The depth of a wound that deep is not you could understand just from visual cues. It's not something can be cured in a day either.

"But I wouldn't expect who trivializes discrimination and emotional and life changes damges to understand."

Completely baseless. I've done no such thing. No need for diffamation, please.

Then don't downplay what is happening to "Emilia" as people being mean to her. It's insensitive to people who have gone through similar experiences.
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 5:13 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

819 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 23, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

699 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:45 AM

» Why wasn't Emilia surprised that Subaru knows Puck's name

EstebanOD - Jan 12, 2022

12 by Vitali_Osandor »»
Jun 22, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

529 by commonhoodlum46 »»
Jun 21, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

511 by commonhoodlum46 »»
Jun 18, 11:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.