Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol that cheek kiss by the trap to Subaru...that moment is priceless.

Subaru, Ram, and Wilheim take their own initiative to shut down more of the Witch's Cult. That cat hoodie though...I had to get used to that with Subaru wearing it this episode. I think it suits more with characters like Emilia more.

A familiar face also back again...
Just can't enough of Petelgeuse lol. Also starting to really like Julius more now, what a badass.
Stark700Sep 11, 2016 9:31 AM
Sep 11, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2015
This episode was terrible. 2/5
The quality is terrible (art/animation). The action is freaking terrible too. I love Re:Zero but completely disappointed.

Don't quote me if you don't like this post.

Sep 11, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2016
zombieiscoming said:
The quality is terrible (art/animation). The action is freaking terrible too. I love Re:Zero but completely disappointed.

I know .. i noticed that too .. I think they really rushed it to finish this series .. Most of the episode they skipped the opening and endings .. that means more stuff for animation .. its a lot more work for them .. but very disappointed as well.. since the fight with the whale the art and animation is bad.. if you compare the latest episode with the first episodes of re zero you will see what i mean .. the fight against elsa in episode 2-3 was so awesome compared to the latest episodes ..
SeohyeonSep 11, 2016 9:49 AM
안녕 내게 다가와 수줍은 향기를 안겨 주던 너 희미한 꿈 속에서 눈이 부시도록 반짝였어 설레임에 나도 모르게
한발 두발 네게 다가가 너의 곁에 남아 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 가슴에 내 미소를 기억해줘 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 너에게 하고 싶은 그 말 you’re beautiful
고마워 날 만나서 한결 같았던 니 모습이 보여 나를 기다려 왔던 너의 짙은 향기 깊은 울림 알 수 없는 강한 이끌림
너를 향한 나의 두 날개 펼쳐주고 싶어 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 봄날에 내 노래를 들려줄게 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 이렇게 너를 생각해
you’re beautiful 나를 반겨줘 뚜뚜뚜루루루 설레여 구름 위를 걷는 듯 거짓말 같이 난 네게 다가가 한발 더
다시 찾아온 너와 나의 계절에 기억할 수 있겠니 뚜루루루루뚜뚜 oh yeh all right 너를 만난 걸 행운이라 생각해
우리 다시 만나면 말해 줄래 fly to you 내 곁에 있어줘 you’re beautiful!
Sep 11, 2016 9:54 AM
Jul 2015
Seohyeon said:
zombieiscoming said:

I know .. i noticed that too .. I think they really rushed it to finish this series .. Most of the episode they skipped the opening and endings .. that means more stuff for animation .. its a lot more work for them .. but very disappointed as well.. since the fight with the whale the art and animation is bad.. if you compare the latest episode with the first episodes of re zero you will see what i mean .. the fight against elsa in episode 2-3 was so awesome compared to the latest episodes ..

Yep. I know it. They did really well in the first cour. And some episodes in the rest. I respect them, but everything in this episode is only brings disappointment

Sep 11, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
Seohyeon said:

I'm sorry but then you're not aware of the reality that is called production. Imagine it as one big machine with a loads of cogs. Throughout the production problems are bound to happens which pushes everything after it behind. This accumulates until eventually the quality suffers from it. As sad as it is this is a common thing in the industry. Studios work to minimize this process but it's always bound to be recognizable. The fact that this didn't occur until close to the end especially with the additional screening time is actually an achievement in itself. What you do here is being negative about something that is actually remarkable in the scope of the entire production.
Sep 11, 2016 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Seohyeon said:
the fight against elsa in episode 2-3 was so awesome compared to the latest episodes ..

Naturally, some (many?) didn't realize it was like a tactic used to attract more viewers. I didn't expect them to keep that level of animation throughout the whole season. And I don't even think I understand these things more than many others out there. ... It's similar to the cover portraying a bunch of cute girls.
Sep 11, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Fappa said:
Seohyeon said:

I'm sorry but then you're not aware of the reality that is called production. Imagine it as one big machine with a loads of cogs. Throughout the production problems are bound to happens which pushes everything after it behind. This accumulates until eventually the quality suffers from it. As sad as it is this is a common thing in the industry. Studios work to minimize this process but it's always bound to be recognizable. The fact that this didn't occur until close to the end especially with the additional screening time is actually an achievement in itself. What you do here is being negative about something that is actually remarkable in the scope of the entire production.
Okay...? That doesn't change the outcome at all. The point is, this episode didn't look good. A hamfisted lecture on anime production isn't going to change my mind.
Sep 11, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2013
The series ended after episode 15.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 11, 2016 10:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Take a look at Orange episode 8-10, THAT didn't look good and THEN it's an issue. Besides the priorities on art and animation in this anime is clearly not on the fights, but on emotional and impactful scenes, they know what actually gets you the most.
Sep 11, 2016 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't watched the episode yet, but they're probably saving budgets so the last episode will look really good.
Sep 11, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
Okay...? That doesn't change the outcome at all. The point is, this episode didn't look good. A hamfisted lecture on anime production isn't going to change my mind.

You're right it doesn't change the outcome but if one bothered to actually look into the production of the medium you consume you would look at this with a different perspective.

Complaining about art & animation in that way at the end of a 2 cour series that did an extreme amount of extra work is simply being ignorant towards the problems a production has to face.

It's simple.

You use my 20 year old car with the expectation to work just fine and realize that it has its problems on which you then voice a negative opinion as if this was isn't supposed to happen and really bad.

I use the same car with the expectation that it doesn't work properly anymore because I have knowledge about what happened to it and how it affected it negatively and make it clear to you that this is a common thing and that it's actually crazy that it still works at all with its age.
Sep 11, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Sep 11, 2016 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched the episode yet, but hearing the complaints of the quality dropping, I guess that's understandable, but it doesn't really change anything in the result of the other episodes being extremely good on its right I guess. And while I do care about animation and artstylea lot more, I can just look past that sometimes.
Sep 11, 2016 11:01 AM
Apr 2016
Fuck. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!
They skipped the
scene!? They probably won't the show the

The next episode is 25 minutes, and they'll have to skip who knows how many things to fit the content in. White fox needs to add an extra 20 minutes; they cannot pull off a good ending without it.
TyrelSep 11, 2016 11:22 AM
Sep 11, 2016 11:03 AM

May 2015
Does anyone know how Subaru's 'save points' work? How it changes? Has it been explained in the manga/LN?
Sep 11, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2014
Production-wise, I found no issues, even though the action doesn't hold a candle to the first couple episodes that are probably meant to draw in viewers.

Otherwise, this episode was pretty great. I went "wut" when the credits started appearing. Wonder what'll happen in the last episode.
I need sleep.
Sep 11, 2016 11:05 AM

Oct 2014
Not seeing how bad this was. I liked it, and I bet they are saving their budge and best animatorst for the next episode.
Sep 11, 2016 11:08 AM

May 2016
I'm confused. I went into the episode with very low expectations with all those "bad animation" complains, but I don't get it. I really liked the episode. Sure, there were some quality moments (not the first in the series) and some iffy animation scenes (those speed lines at the end), but so what?

This ain't KyoAni, Madhouse or BONES. It's not a show that is all about looking beautiful or well-animated either. Re:Zero is all about the story and the emotions. I'll welcome good animation when it's there, but if there's none I wont' complain. Besides, you're all talking as if it was one some TOEI level. It was alright.

But thanks, I guess. Thanks to the low expectations, I ended up being quite pleased with what I got.
Sep 11, 2016 11:10 AM

May 2015
Throughout this entire episode I thought this was the last one. I was proved very wrong! Now I gotta wait another week. :( So worth it, though!!
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Sep 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Lolimancer said:

I actually laughed really hard at this :-)
Sep 11, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
This show was more interesting when it was bad.
Sep 11, 2016 11:12 AM

Aug 2015
COME ON, BRING ME THE 25
Sep 11, 2016 11:13 AM
Aug 2016
I love how wonderfully cheesy Julius and Subaru`s relationship is <3
Sep 11, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad to see that Julius and Subaru have put aside their differences and now acknowledge each other as friends. Unlike a lot of people here, I didn't really notice any animation or art problems. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention enough, or the issues weren't as glaringly obvious like Orange episode 9.

Also, to anyone who reads the source material, was this episode rushed? For some reason it felt that way, but maybe I'm just tripping.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 11, 2016 11:15 AM

Sep 2015
yay they are friends and now we will have a happy ending
Sep 11, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
I'm glad to see that Julius and Subaru have put aside their differences and now acknowledge each other as friends. Unlike a lot of people here, I didn't really notice any animation or art problems. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention enough, or the issues weren't as glaringly obvious like Orange episode 9.

Also, to anyone who reads the source material, was this episode rushed? For some reason it felt that way, but maybe I'm just tripping.

From what I can get apparently they skipped one important scene from the Novel.
Sep 11, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2012
This was an okay episode. Not the best in the series and not to much to really talk about.

But next week will be the kicker. Will this have a great ending that will have me begging for a seaon 2, or will it have a dumbass one and make me hate the series.

Can't wait ti find out.
Sep 11, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2016
not a great episode. im just glad subaru isnt being a bitch right now tho
Scream!
Sep 11, 2016 11:18 AM
Sep 2016
So, the series has been rather.. meh lately. I'm assuming there will be a season 2?
Sep 11, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
At least I get to see and hear cute Betty's voice. It's been a while, isn't it Betty? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 11, 2016 11:19 AM
Sep 2016
Antearion said:
This was an okay episode. Not the best in the series and not to much to really talk about.

But next week will be the kicker. Will this have a great ending that will have me begging for a seaon 2, or will it have a dumbass one and make me hate the series.

Can't wait ti find out.

That's what I'm wondering. Great series like this have a tendency to fck everything up..
Sep 11, 2016 11:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was great, wow! Julius is a fucking boss, so much hype for this guy. Subaru/Julius vs. Betelgeuse, ow shit.

The kids accepting Emilia was beautiful, liked that scene a lot.

Looking at Reddit, i don't find an obvious post about ''bad animation/art'' in more than 200 comments. MAL sure is funny.
SmudySep 11, 2016 11:26 AM
Sep 11, 2016 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
"Wait, that's my coat. And I know your voice, Subaru." - Emilia, in any realistic situation.

EDIT: This was written before I finished the episode and got to the scene in which there was the explanation about the magical coat. I left this here for the purpose of "lolworthiness" and it also stands as a standalone statement, so there you go.
ImmahnoobSep 13, 2016 5:22 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Mar 2014
Seriously anyone calling this terrible in terms of animation/art should be ashamed of themselves, White Fox is struggling, yes, but if you look at everything they've done, a double first episode, skipping the OP/ED so many times you can fill entire episodes worth of content, it's a miracle they are still pulling through and keeping up the current level of quality, there have been many shows that weren't so lucky

Terrible is when the entire production falls apart, I mean just look at what happened to Orange and the latest 91 Days, the faces looked off or they simply weren't shown at at, the number of shots was very low. This episode, which didn't look as good as earlier episodes, still looked a hundred times better and featured MANY different shots and angles.

Also, the light novel on which this material is based was only released a short time ago, maybe they had less time to work on it. Still don't want to be in their shoes though, this is some serious crunch time we're talking about

Jan 2013
I thought Reinhard was the greatest knight?
Sep 11, 2016 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
Being an avid fan, I feared they would rush it, and they did...
AKA

I HOPE they do the end of this arc justice, they gotta keep it faithful to the novel, period. A shame we only have one more episode left.
Sep 11, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2012
kjinha said:
Antearion said:

Can't wait ti find out.

That's what I'm wondering. Great series like this have a tendency to fck everything up..

Right! Its like they get to the end and be like "Okay so we should make a great ending right? LMAO! That joke always gets me"
Sep 11, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2012
So I guess the series is just going to be on auto-pilot for its remaining time given how these past few weeks have been nothing but bad animation, too many conflicts driven by circumstance rather than characterization, and all the tension-filled scenes are once again erased by Subaru's time-travel powers.

Smudy said:
Take a look at Orange episode 8-10, THAT didn't look good and THEN it's an issue. Besides the priorities on art and animation in this anime is clearly not on the fights, but on emotional and impactful scenes, they know what actually gets you the most.

Re:Zero has been on the same quality as Orange for a while now.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 11, 2016 11:28 AM
Aug 2015
Smudy said:
That was great, wow! Julius is a fucking boss, so much hype for this guy. Subaru/Julius vs. Betelgeuse, ow shit.

The kids accepting Emilia was beautiful, liked that scene a lot.

Looking at Reddit, i don't find an obvious post about ''bad animation/art'' in more than 200 comments. MAL sure is funny.

emilia is nothing without subaru, and subaru is nothing without rem...

This anime will be piece of garbage without rem
Sep 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
They definitely increased the pacing so as to be able to get more done, but I think that worked out rather well, in the grand scheme of things. That being said, as interesting as all the fighting with Betelgeuse has been, I was much more interested in his explanation of the Ordeal's purpose. I mean, it's not surprising that Emilia has the potential to become a vessel for Satella, but it is interesting that if Emilia is incompatible with Satella that the Witch will still revive anyway and will, according to Betelgeuse, destroy the world or something. Oh, and if you're going to complain about the art/animation, just watch Orange and truly see what bad art/animation actually looks like.

Can't believe there's only one episode left now, but I can't wait to see what kind of end-game this series is going to deliver. Hopefully it won't be too much of a cliffhanger, but given how little has actually been adapted I wouldn't be surprised if it did end on a massive cliffhanger.
Aug 2015
xSkipi said:
yay they are friends and now we will have a happy ending

are u sure buddy? i heard author really sadistic
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
And of course, haters will jump on the train now that they have a vessel (the first like 10 posts of the thread). I know xD
Sep 11, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2012
Felt like a pretty underwhelming episode for once. Welp.

Sloth-man was about to wreck shit though

How truly...un-slothful

Sep 11, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2015
This is probably the first anime to adapt past published material I've seen. I heard Golden Time also did that but I don't know for sure.

Jan 2014
Art seemed to be choppy at some parts, but I guess they are saving the last of their budget on the finale

I don't want this to end :(
Jul 2018
I loved the part where the kids accepted Emilia.

Subaru and Julius vs. Betelgeuse is going be so badass!
Sep 11, 2016 11:33 AM

May 2013
Ok there were a few issues with the animation especially in the second half of the episode but overal it was a good episode. Good like ep 22 and 23 but still far away from most of arc 2 and 3 episodes.
Pacing was bad like the previous ones but I got used to it (sad thing).
Emilia scenes were sweet and heartwarming, Betelguese freaky as always and Julis cool as always. The spirit knight is the biggest win of these episodes ;)

What's up with these this short flashbacks?! It bugs me and feels strange with the pacing. In addition these types of flashbacks are just not a Re:Zero thing. But seems like they couldn't have handled it another way so I'm ok with it.

Would have been awesome to see Betel be killed at the end but either no heavy cliifhanger this time :)
Sep 11, 2016 11:34 AM
Apr 2014
Thank god the author learned from the shit he pulled before. I wouldn't have been able to see him waking up in front of the apple vendor one more time...

The start was interesting. Although I'm wondering how they pulled it off without the cultists realizing it. Considering they have a rat they totally should have all the information they need to at least attack and take a lot of lives with them even if they die.

And one more time the vice captain siblings were awesome :D It's so funny with them around xD Definitely need a spin-off about the Fang of Iron and their leader(optional).
Sep 11, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
I think i was wrong!
Betelgeuse doesn't represent sloth, he represents Diligence.
and when he's calling subaru pride, he's referring to his Humility .
Subaru is super humble when you think about it. He knows he's weak , he's not afraid to lower his head and he doesn't think that his power makes him better than anyone ,even tho it's kinda OP ( not anymore anyway). his power might be related to that virtue (return by death lets him understand his limits so he doesn't take on a problem while overestimating his abilities ) Betelgeuse's hand could be something like More hands = can get more work done(or something like that)
Sep 11, 2016 11:35 AM
Jun 2015
When are they gonna revisit the fact that there were two Subaru's in the first episode? When he's leaving the convenience store in the first few minutes they show another version of him dying and saying something like "I have to stop you from going." They gonna wrap that up or just hope for a second season to explain it?
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

65 by ImHereForTheMeme »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

723 by AnimatedAddict »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

698 by AnimatedAddict »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

1093 by AnimatedAddict »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

526 by AnimatedAddict »»
8 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.