Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2015 4:45 PM

Jul 2014
Ehm... people who think that Ginti made the wrong decision or that the "ending" of those 2 is in any way wrong or undeserved... you watched this anime for no reason, you have no clue about what the hell is going on.
ArcanixMar 22, 2015 2:50 AM
Mar 21, 2015 5:57 PM
Jul 2013
What the heck is Light Yagami doing in Death Parade; quit hogging the screen time Light!!
Other than that, I found myself getting so many feels during the ice skating scene with the epic piano playing in the background...then after the episode remembered how much of an ass Ginti was...but then again Mayu did kind of say that her life held no meaning if she were to go into reincarnation without Harada so...
Mar 21, 2015 5:58 PM

Oct 2012
I am cringing over all the hate comments for Ginti this episode. When making the judgement Ginti let Mayu choose whether she would choose Harada or the stranger to go in the void, and sure she asked who that was but she didn't even bother pushing for the answer. Plus at the scene of the elevator Ginti asked her what her life would be without Harada and her response was the same to "meaningless". So in the end even if he let Mayu get reincarnated there wouldn't be much point because Harada is her "life". And in the end Ginti is an arbiter. Obviously his moral values are completely different from ours. -_-
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Mar 21, 2015 6:25 PM

Oct 2007
Gov said:
Ginti made the right decision. People questioning his decision are idiots.

you're such a damn stupid troll

don't question anything is your life's moto i guess, well then go jump in front of a car and don't question this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2015 6:43 PM

Jul 2014
I'm 99% sure that was actually Light.
Mar 21, 2015 6:47 PM

Jun 2014
Light, lmao! Death Parade episode 11 is a sequel to the Death Note Series. Its now a fact.
Mar 21, 2015 6:48 PM

Apr 2011
Light from Death Note WTF!?!?
Mar 21, 2015 7:09 PM
Jul 2013
I think Ginti's decision was the best one for Mayu if Harada had to be sent to the void. That way both of them would suffer eternally together, as shown with how their souls unite as they fall... Otherwise there would be no chance of them finding each other again.

I agree with Chiyuki in that life is inherently meaningless. But isn't it because that life is meaningless that we can create that meaning for ourselves? We can choose what we want to live for. But at the same time, death is also meaningless, so I guess we can also choose what we want to die for...
Mar 21, 2015 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
Peralisc said:
Gov said:

you're such a damn stupid troll

don't question anything is your life's moto i guess, well then go jump in front of a car and don't question this

Love you too man.
Mar 21, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
What a strong episode! This show totally deserves 10/10.
I want to see a figure skating show from mad house now.

Mar 21, 2015 10:43 PM

Nov 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
akarin- said:

Light from Death Note WTF? :D

lol so this why they said people dying faster recently.

I didn't realize it at first lol

Mar 22, 2015 1:36 AM

Apr 2014
so many feels in one episode,
at least both Mayu and Harada soul can be together now.
Chiyuki had a sad life, well f this.. thats life I supposed.

also, Light's cameo. >:D
Mar 22, 2015 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
The skating scene was amazing, but the part after that whoa whoa what is going on here. I also thought it was pretty cool that we got to see what it looks like when they get sent to the void (:

Man the final episode is coming close, I'm not ready for this.
Mar 22, 2015 2:42 AM

Jun 2011
the skating scene was so beautiful.
Chiyuki is so pretty.

the last part in the elevator was so sad T__T mayuuuu
Mar 22, 2015 2:52 AM

May 2014
aerisheir said:
I think Ginti's decision was the best one for Mayu if Harada had to be sent to the void. That way both of them would suffer eternally together, as shown with how their souls unite as they fall... Otherwise there would be no chance of them finding each other again.

I agree with Chiyuki in that life is inherently meaningless. But isn't it because that life is meaningless that we can create that meaning for ourselves? We can choose what we want to live for. But at the same time, death is also meaningless, so I guess we can also choose what we want to die for...

HOLY SHIT!!!
i didnt think of it that way !!!!
mayu didnt actually care about her life , she only wanted to be with harada !!! :@
Ginti might have been doing her a favor !!!
Mar 22, 2015 2:56 AM

May 2014
jesus christ this episode has so many interpretations!!!
add to it the fact that they didnt show us what was Mayu's choice ....
death parade 10/10 episode
+ that skating scene 20/10
Mar 22, 2015 2:57 AM

Jun 2013
Hahahaaha he dumped them in the void anyways lol

Figure skating has got to be one of the most boring things to watch ever. I wish they would have just shown her back story without the parts where she is skating in front of Decim

Finale next week, lets see who else gets dumped in the void!
Mar 22, 2015 3:32 AM

Jan 2011
This show is so deep about choice and meaning of life and death that Light Yagami even had cameo.
Nice one madhouse.
Mar 22, 2015 6:44 AM

Aug 2010
The skating scene was beautiful. Nice way to see Chiyuki's past be fully revealed.

Damn.. that Yagami light cameo. Would love to see him judged along with Lelouch.
Ragna92Mar 22, 2015 6:47 AM
Mar 22, 2015 6:55 AM

Oct 2014
that figure skating scene was one of the best scenes i've seen in anime.The music+visuals+the whole atmosphere.Amazing!
Mar 22, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2014
aikaflip said:
Damn, that was a great but depressing episode.

I kind of get why Ginti sent Mayu and Harada into the void. In the episode they were introduced—maybe episode 6—Harada almost kicked Mayu into some spikes to save himself. And in this episode, Mayu blindly chose Harada over Light without even trying to learn anything about him. They were both really selfish, and Mayu was particularly shallow. I don't think they deserved the void (damn that looked horrible), but the decision makes sense in this f'ed up world.

5/5

I think many people are missing this .Mayu was by no means a good human being.She was as shallow as the pop idol she devoted herself to.

Put it this way,if she had a boyfriend and one day Harada just came along and told her to dump him and become Harada's girlfriend instead,how would Mayu have reacted?Pretty sure she would have have dumped the guy.A shallow human being indeed.
Mar 22, 2015 7:56 AM

Mar 2015
I can't wait for the next episode! I almost shed a tear during that skating scene!:').. I also felt my emotions go everywhere when I saw that Ginti sent them both to the void, then they turned into dummies :(
Mar 22, 2015 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was one of the more beautiful ones. I mean the ice skating bit along with Chiyuki's story was a sad trip down memory lane. Pretty cliché but I sympathize with her.

And Ginti? I don't quite know what happened tbh, but that scene between Mayu and Harada was sad af. An emotional beginning and ending, hell even the whole thing was emotional!! From the music to the tragedies.

I really love this episode of Death Parade. Would give a 6/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2015 9:17 AM

Aug 2014

This scene was just beautiful

Mar 22, 2015 9:48 AM

Aug 2014
Really good episode. We finally get a confirmation that Chiyuki actually committed suicide, though to be honest, her reason for doing that was just horrible. She was basically implying her family and friends loved her solely because she was a good skater, which is ridiculous. I can't believe she was that weak of a human being. Gotta love how smooth Decim was, though.

I don't know what's up with the Ginti hate. He actually did what was most beneficial to both Harada and Mayu:

1) Even though both of them were for the Void anyway (Harada being a shallow pop-star responsible for a suicide and Mayu sacrificing someone unknown without much thought) he at least gave one of them a chance.
2) He asked Mayu what Harada is to her so he could confirm his decision. Since she can't live without Harada, there was only the option of sending them both to the Void, because:
- Casting one to the Void and the other for Reincarnation would separate them.
- Sending them both for Reincarnation would mean that the chances of them meeting in their next life were practically zero.

So, logically, the only way for them to be together would be if they were both sent into the Void, albeit being a tormented existence. He actually fulfilled Mayu's ''dream''.

4.5/5

What I really liked was that Mayu basically had to choose between a guy that looks like Light Yagami and a guy that sounds like him (Harada is voiced by Miyano Mamoru). That Madhouse...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 22, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2010
So Chiyuki used to be a ballerina. So that's why she was dancing with Decim in the OP. I am reminded of Princess Tutu all of a sudden. So she commited suicide...

Damn it, Decim, just what are you thinking?
Mar 22, 2015 10:31 AM

Oct 2011
Would have enjoyed seeing at least one episode of Nona being an arbiter.

Random thought.
Mar 22, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
Haha Ginti, thumb up !
Mar 22, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
Hah, so is the reason why the humans are dying too fast, as was said in a previous episode also Light's fault?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 22, 2015 2:19 PM
Apr 2014
Damn. So Chiyuki actually killed herself >.> expected as much when she remembered that injury. And I guess it's coming to an end :( Kinda sad she wasn't an Arbiter. Decim and her were quite the duo.

Ginti made that awfully easy for himself. Didn't he want to send her back again when they played the game? Why not just go through with it? He doesn't seem like he'd give a shit anyway. Awfully easy decision to just let her decide her own fate. Ah well can't blame him though. Still better than having to endure her even longer.

Man that old dude again. "Naughty" my ass. Don't made those freakin weird movements with your flower beard if you want to call other people naughty. He definitely plans to do something weird again like he did last episode with Clavis.
NanashiMar 22, 2015 2:24 PM
Mar 22, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
That was... stunning... the iceskating scene left me in true, utter awe. That has to be one of the most mesmerizing things I've ever seen in an anime. I have goosebumps. Wow.

What happened with Mayu and Harada was so bittersweet, too. I almost got teary eyed. I loved the symbolism of their puppet hands holding representing their interlocking emptiness and eternal descent. So sad yet so beautiful.
ZadionMar 22, 2015 2:25 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 22, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
I actually found the Ginti part more interesting. I'm surprised that it ended that way.

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
akarin- said:

^this
Mar 22, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2007
Gov said:

Harada had all the makings of being a void placement. Selfish, shallow, a serial cheater and caused one of his lovers to commit suicide. He deserved void without a shadow of a doubt.

He was on the fence with Mayu. So what did he do? He tested her by asking her to choose Harada and other guy to go to void. Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada. Ginti gave her another chance by asking her what her life would be without Harada and she said "nothing". Totally meaningless. Meaning that if she was to go reincarnation, her life would be meaningless unless she found someone to look up.Void was her destination.

Ginti was on point and the people crying foul, need to grow the fuck up.

This.

Also, amused that Harada and Light were voiced by the same seiyuu...
AllografterMar 22, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 22, 2015 3:43 PM
Nov 2013
Tokoya said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

Suddenly it all makes sense to me now lol

LOL. It really is Kira!
Mar 22, 2015 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
This episode had some of the most beautiful scenes in it. Chiyuki's skating scene as well as the final scene with Mayu and Harada were both so well done. They really evoked some strong emotions there.

I'm wondering how the last episode will go, as I was expecting a little bit more to happen in this episode (though everything that happened was definitely necessary). Hopefully everything is tied up in next week's episode.
Mar 22, 2015 4:51 PM
Nov 2013
It doesn't matter if what Ginti was "wrong" or "right". But what it really show us it's how much the reefering is broken. In the first place Mayu sacrificed herself to save Harada, she did nothing wrong in her life when she was was living. Ginti should have reincanate her soul at this moment already but he didn't because the thing didn't go like he wanted. Then knowing Mayu 's absolute love for Harada he trapped her to get rid of her because like he said "it's better this way"

That shows us that the judgement is based on random things like the arbiter's "personality", their compétences etc. The first ep already showed us that the arbiters are not omniscient, they can make mistake. It is absurb for a such important task, we re talking about destiny of people's souls it's pretty much the biggest thing their is, to have a system like that. I mean if it was your soul they ll judge, don't you want at least an objective and almost perfect point of view from them rather than this much of subjectivity ?

Also Ginti's choice send back to Chiyu's critism of this system. It's obvious if you push human beings to make an extreme decision they ll take it. They need to be push of course but not to the very limits, when their choice is influence by the conditions. In that case it was obvious Mayu would not sacrifice Harada...
Mar 22, 2015 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
Akarin said:

I saw that too! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was Light xD

Also the ice skating scenes were beautiful. I almost cried when Onna was remembering her past. :c
Mar 22, 2015 6:16 PM

Feb 2010
So where are all the people that gave the guy from episode 4 a lot of shit for committing suicide now?
Mar 22, 2015 7:42 PM

Mar 2015
Watched the preview, last episode is called suicide tour, don't you think Decim is planning to do something to save Chiyuki that will involve him? But arbiter can't die.. maybe that old man has something in mind? It did seem suspicious..

They were sent to the void, Harada soul was already gone and the souls in the void can't be brought back, she wants to be with Harada no matter what, dedicating her life to his so she was sent there too.. to my understanding.
Mar 22, 2015 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not sure Harada deserved the void... but she wanted to sacrifice Mayu at first... great episode
Mar 22, 2015 8:58 PM
Mar 2009
poptartnyan said:
Akarin said:

I saw that too! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was Light xD

Also the ice skating scenes were beautiful. I almost cried when Onna was remembering her past. :c

Yeah, I was slow on the up-take, but it makes perfect sense now, whey many more people were dying...

Any one else excited to see the flower-hair guy fight the "naughty girl" in the next episode? I don't think she'll go down easily....
Mar 22, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Chiyuki was cute as a kid.

That ice skating scene was fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen ice skating animated so that was really cool to watch.

I'm with all the Ginti haters. Then again, I was on the Ginti is a fucking piece of shit train back since he first debuted. Never once liked him. And to top it off he fucking tricked them. Waited until the doors closed to change the sign because he doesn't have the balls to do it face to face.

Gov said:

Harada had all the makings of being a void placement. Selfish, shallow, a serial cheater and caused one of his lovers to commit suicide. He deserved void without a shadow of a doubt.

He was on the fence with Mayu. So what did he do? He tested her by asking her to choose Harada and other guy to go to void. Mayu didn't even have the audacity to ask who the other guy was or what he did in his life but instead blindly choose Harada. Ginti gave her another chance by asking her what her life would be without Harada and she said "nothing". Totally meaningless. Meaning that if she was to go reincarnation, her life would be meaningless unless she found someone to look up.Void was her destination.

Did you even watch the episode? Or were you just born blind deaf and dumb?

Harada was a player. He never had a set real girlfriend. That girl killing herself was her own fault. Clearly if she's killing herself over a "break up" she wasn't sane to begin with. You also must not have watched the episode where they played the game, because he more than redeemed himself and came to terms with his sins (half of the goddamn reason for the games).

And in this episode, the entire scene with Ginti telling Mayu to choose was her being conflicted. Like, did you even watch the episode? "she didn't have the audacity to ask..." YES SHE FUCKING DID! What were you watching? She literally says "what kind of person was he" and Ginti responds with "do you need to know?". He entraps her into making a negative decision with no matter what choice she makes.

And who cares if her life was meaningless? It's her life. If she wants to dedicate it to something stupid then she's entitled to. It doesn't make her a bad person who needs to be sent to the void. And by that logic, the old lady from the previous episode was reincarnated, and she practically only lived for her drawings. So you're saying that if she didn't make any drawings in her next life, then her life is meaningless? And on the flip side, Detective Tatsumi lived what he perceived to be a fulfilling life by murdering people...so he should get reincarnated right?

Please stop lip-locking Ginti's foreskin now.
Mar 22, 2015 10:06 PM

Oct 2011
Jonesy974 said:
Chiyuki was cute as a kid.

That ice skating scene was fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen ice skating animated so that was really cool to watch.

I'm with all the Ginti haters. Then again, I was on the Ginti is a fucking piece of shit train back since he first debuted. Never once liked him. And to top it off he fucking tricked them. Waited until the doors closed to change the sign because he doesn't have the balls to do it face to face.

Gov said:

Did you even watch the episode? Or were you just born blind deaf and dumb?

Harada was a player. He never had a set real girlfriend. That girl killing herself was her own fault. Clearly if she's killing herself over a "break up" she wasn't sane to begin with. You also must not have watched the episode where they played the game, because he more than redeemed himself and came to terms with his sins (half of the goddamn reason for the games).

And in this episode, the entire scene with Ginti telling Mayu to choose was her being conflicted. Like, did you even watch the episode? "she didn't have the audacity to ask..." YES SHE FUCKING DID! What were you watching? She literally says "what kind of person was he" and Ginti responds with "do you need to know?". He entraps her into making a negative decision with no matter what choice she makes.

And who cares if her life was meaningless? It's her life. If she wants to dedicate it to something stupid then she's entitled to. It doesn't make her a bad person who needs to be sent to the void. And by that logic, the old lady from the previous episode was reincarnated, and she practically only lived for her drawings. So you're saying that if she didn't make any drawings in her next life, then her life is meaningless? And on the flip side, Detective Tatsumi lived what he perceived to be a fulfilling life by murdering people...so he should get reincarnated right?

Please stop lip-locking Ginti's foreskin now.

"Or were you just born blind deaf and dumb."

Stopped reading right there.
Mar 22, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2010
This series is so depressing to watch.
Mar 23, 2015 2:33 AM
Jun 2009
I'm not sure why you guys are hating Ginti.

What he said would happened, did happen, Harada woke up within the doll body, even if only for a second...
But the most important part, is although they are in the void, it seems their souls bonded and will stay together. That seems to be enough for Mayuri.
Until then we never saw any pair in the same elevator, it is possible it's not even allowed and it was a gift by Ginti...
Mar 23, 2015 3:06 AM

Sep 2014
I think Harada was simply unconcious, put to sleep in a similar way to how Decim put Chiyuki to sleep. The only thing Mayu does is to try shake him awake. Ginti said in earlier episodes that he was having trouble passing judgement on Mayu, so I think he made her believe that Harada could be saved in order to see if she would voluntarily send someone to the void. Ginti had already decided to send Harada to the void but just hadn't done it yet. Since Mayu agreed to send someone she didn't know to the void, even after hearing what the void was, Ginti was able to make a judgement and sent Mayu's soul to the void. Harada began to regain consciousness as the elevator descended, and we see their souls leave the mannequins and disappear into the void together.

The ice skating scene was very nice and the music was lovely. If the void is really like Ginti said, it would be awful if someone was to get sent there by mistake...
Mirai, zura~!
Mar 23, 2015 4:56 AM

Sep 2011
Gov said:

ia
tho i still think ginti is jerk but his decision makes sense
but even if mayu said her life means nothing "without harada" i dont think she deserves to be sent to the void
Mar 23, 2015 8:22 AM
Dec 2013
Ginti chose to view it as she would sacrifice someone possibly innocent for something she wants. but you could also view it as her willing to dirty her hands to save someone she loves. she was willing to throw herself in the void to save Harada.

If she refused to push the button than she was choosing to keep herself clean over saving someone she supposedly loved.

There was actually no way to win.
Mar 23, 2015 12:48 PM
May 2014
Akarin said:

Hahaha I know right! I actually rewinded a bit to make sure, and it looks like him to the odd stray hair.
Mar 23, 2015 5:39 PM

Dec 2008
This episode, right here... Wow!

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

522 by constructios0913 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

842 by JoestarJonathan »»
Sep 13, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

670 by INoLuv »»
Sep 9, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

454 by kyota521306 »»
Aug 26, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

602 by 0k_Cxz »»
Jul 30, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.