Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 12:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
SolviteSekai said:

"I had a feeling they were going to adapt the first chapter"

NO

SHIT
Heeey, you made it to the party lol

What'd you think? =P
I feel you..It wasn't top tier like the ones you mentioned but it was okay...I noticed a lot of stills too, but we'll see how it goes as the series progresses
Jul 6, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
Moodie said:
Ofcource hipsters wanna go against the grain and dislike something popular

The points are pretty valid though. But still, ignoring whats on the good side is
why ppl misunderstand it with hate.

JD2411 said:
It was decent. The deaths felt empty and meaningless, like the only purpose was to show how dangerous the capital is. otherwise it looks like it's going to be fun to watch

there are some fuckable gurls tho, amirite?

yer. All dem fukcable
[right]

Jul 6, 2014 12:57 PM
Oct 2010
SolviteSekai said:

Tokyo Ghoul was at 8.6 or something at this point.

Probably because that show has an actual plot.

Every show has a plot...... there's no such thing as a show without one, I've never seen such a misused word ever.
Jul 6, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Tokoya said:
Tokoya said:
Heeey, you made it to the party lol

What'd you think? =P
I feel you..It wasn't top tier like the ones you mentioned but it was okay...I noticed a lot of stills too, but we'll see how it goes as the series progresses

Yeah the show itself seems decent, but I just cant allow myself to call this good animation.

Any time anyone actually attacked anyone who wasnt defenseless, they showed a still or cut to black.

It's crazy how White Fox put more money into animating a show about little girls playing with rabbits than into a wildly popular manga.
Jul 6, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
SolviteSekai said:
This show sucks. It is the mirai nikki of 2014, except worse because it doesnt have Yuno.

First off the art is terrible, this is a seasonal series and it doesnt look much better than long runners like Naruto or Fairy Tail.

Second, who the fuck high rates a show JUST BECAUSE it isnt censored?

Not that it wasnt censored, but they did take some pretty good corner cutting to get the censoring to be hidden by shadows.

Finally this show didnt have animation.

The first cross slash was a still. The scene when the girl was maniacally laughing was a still. The scene of the bodies was a still.

Even the execution scene at the end was a fucking still.

Taking a still picture and shaking it around isnt animation.

4/10 gonna go back to watching Jojo's.
Agreed on some points. People are hyping the shit out of this WAY too much. I'll continue watching to see if it evolves into anything deserving of the praise it gets.
Jul 6, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 2012
Cmon! Make us all proud! Akame ga Kill! better not disappoint.
Jul 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
skudoops said:
FrancWyvern said:

The guard knew the MC would probably die, why would he share a information with him that could get them both executed? Especially because the information didn't exactly helped the MC.

The MC brought up the topic, the guard just went along with the conversation and it was pretty natural. I don't really think it was convenient at all, maybe if the guard had approached the MC about it then yeah.. I could see that. However people who have told him about the capital have always done so in response to something he said. It's like if a foreigner told you he was going into a really bad area, you'd obviously inform him of that no?

I see that, but my problem with it is that the guard gave the ugly truth about the capital, which could get him executed, to guy who was just going to get tortured and killed anyway, JUST another guy who was going to die.
Jul 6, 2014 1:03 PM
Oct 2010
FrancWyvern said:
skudoops said:

The MC brought up the topic, the guard just went along with the conversation and it was pretty natural. I don't really think it was convenient at all, maybe if the guard had approached the MC about it then yeah.. I could see that. However people who have told him about the capital have always done so in response to something he said. It's like if a foreigner told you he was going into a really bad area, you'd obviously inform him of that no?

I see that, but my problem with it is that the guard gave the ugly truth about the capital, which could get him executed, to guy who was just going to get tortured and killed anyway, JUST another guy who was going to die.

Flow of the conversation I guess.

Nov 2013
Moodie said:
SolviteSekai said:
7.6 isnt very popular.

This time the show isnt even highly rated.

Seems like the majority of people arent going to be down to watch Naruto again except with random gore scenes spliced in.
Again ratings dont mean shit to me lol

Ratings don't equal popularity either but judging by how popular the manga is I can see it picking up in fans.

There's no point in feeding the troll's... just ignore it!!

Rate this show by your own standards and forget all the rest. It's the best choice here, and it's mainly the reason why the manga is still on the top #100 while competing with other shonen and some really "strange" stories.
Btw looking at the stats, this anime will probably get 8.5 as a base start once they get updated.

Also for those complaining about my color fonts.... DEAL WITH IT!!
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Apr 2014
How many ppl itt gave Sao2 a higher rating than this. This first episode is better than most of the first episodes that aired this season SO FAR.
Jul 6, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
I came here to see if someone posted an actual counterargument. I was called an hipster, so I guess I won't find such a thing here.
Jul 6, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2012
Even MORE generic and bland than Tokyo Ghoul's first episode, so many cliches: The rich people are evil cliche, the cat lady with skimpy outfit cliche, emotionless dark haired girl wielding a sword cliche, etc. Even Attack on Titan had a better first episode.

5/10
Jul 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
DarkMoonWolf said:
Moodie said:

Ratings don't equal popularity either but judging by how popular the manga is I can see it picking up in fans.

Rate this show by your own standards and forget all the rest. It's the best choice here, and it's mainly the reason why the manga is still on the top #100 while competing with other shonen and some really "strange" stories.
Btw looking at the stats, this anime will probably get 8.5 as a base start once they get updated.

I dont mind arguing with trolls. But thx for the heads up. Personally I dont care about ratings look at my profile my ratings are all fucked up. Ima enjoy this for myself I'm not trying to watch anime for someone else.

The manga doing good for a reason.

Btw I dont have ur color fonts lol
Jul 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah i love how the generic bad people did generic bad things because "they were just ban people".

I mean, how much more contrived can it be?

"They are rich, so they tortured people for the fun of it".

No deeper meaning, no reasoning. Nothing.

They did bad things because they were bad guys.

Truly villains for the ages.
Jul 6, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode.

The animation of Night Raid's attack was great.

Tatsumi taught that sadistic girl a good lesson.
Jul 6, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
The animation is top notch, seriously that blood there looks so real o_O

The narrative is good, the pacing is fine, the voice acting is nice too.

All in all this is doing pretty good. I'm not sure at which point they will animate and/or if they are gonna give it an original ending, who knows?

Still all in all this adaptation has been great.
Jul 6, 2014 1:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013

There are better ways to show corruption than to show a bunch of stills of murder.

Durarara showed a corrupt city without murder.[/quote] Trust me when I say this....The plot has yet to take off....You have no idea how fucked up this story and some of these characters are lol
Jul 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was a great episode.

The animation of Night Raid's attack was great.

Tatsumi taught that sadistic girl a good lesson.

Yeah i too thought it was good writing how he went from being a goofball who defends the innocent to a heartless murderer over the span of 10 seconds.

Its quite common for people to instantly become grimdark murderers when met with grief.

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:

Trust me when I say this....The plot has yet to take off....You have no idea how fucked up this story and some of these characters are lol
^yup! this times 100.

And the adaption seems solids far. Wasn't a fan of the stills in general but it's better than censoring stuff or leaving it out.

The art style was generally dumbed down but it's still nice to look at and the colors are good. The voice acting and music were generally great. I'm satisfied.
raindropJul 6, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2013
Tokoya said:

There are better ways to show corruption than to show a bunch of stills of murder.

Durarara showed a corrupt city without murder.
Trust me when I say this....The plot has yet to take off....You have no idea how fucked up this story and some of these characters are lol[/quote]And trust me when I say this, that's not a good thing. The story ends up feeling like it's trying to be edgy for the sake of it.
Jul 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
Hehe. There are some funny people on the internet.

Not as good as I hoped. But still awesome. I hope they don't deviate from the manga. In this case, I think the manga will be better than the anime. Unless White Fox pulls a rabbit out of its hat or something.

Ah, controversy, controversy.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"

Jan 2013
BGMaxie said:

All in all this is doing pretty good. I'm not sure at which point they will animate and/or if they are gonna give it an original ending, who knows?

The CGI blood was the worst part.

Apr 2008
Somehow seems like a really edgy Sekai Seifuku. Definitely will appeal to the Elfen Lied/SAO/AOT crowd.

Can't say I really want to watch more.
Jul 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
I loved the first episode when tatsumi found his friend dead i was so sad :( i nearly cried right there and then . Only flaw is that the scene where tatsumi killed that FUCKING SADISTIC BITCH should have been dragged on like 30 seconds more or maybe just 10 seconds so it would have more impact
Jul 6, 2014 1:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Cupquake said:
Tokoya said:

Trust me when I say this....The plot has yet to take off....You have no idea how fucked up this story and some of these characters are lol
And trust me when I say this, that's not a good thing. The story ends up feeling like it's trying to be edgy for the sake of it.[/quote]Just keep watching....We don't need to keep this argument going on any longer
Jul 6, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
tomi02 said:
I loved the first episode when tatsumi found his friend dead i was so sad :( i nearly cried right there and then . Only flaw is that the scene where tatsumi killed that FUCKING SADISTIC BITCH should have been dragged on like 30 seconds more or maybe just 10 seconds so it would have more impact

Lol so edgy

Also: Ugly blood

Jul 6, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
Tokoya said:
Cupquake said:
And trust me when I say this, that's not a good thing. The story ends up feeling like it's trying to be edgy for the sake of it.
Just keep watching....We don't need to keep this argument going on any longer[/quote]Dude I've read all of the manga so far. I know exactly what you're talking about.
Jul 6, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
DarkMoonWolf said:
Moodie said:

I LOVE your colours!

SolviteSekai said:
porkypink said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1219817
How ya doin?

threadception.

Whoah that was cool.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
As someone who is not familiar with the source material

The first episode was good but the last 6 minutes felt rushed imo
Jul 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2009
Cupquake said:
Tokoya said:

And trust me when I say this, that's not a good thing. The story ends up feeling like it's trying to be edgy for the sake of it.[/quote]

Exactly. I read all of the manga and
is not good writing, it is edgy as hell and really crude. Only 14-year olds would like that.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2014 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
I thought it was pretty good, going in blind was a good idea. I'll probably start reading the manga, but the first episode left a good impression.

Jan 2014
In reply to nidhogg, I put berserk on hold cuz I can wait 10 years and only be 5 chapters behind. Good ol muira.

Also, someone said 7.6 isn't popular. Well it's 8.3 now. Get rekt.

Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Yeah i love how the generic bad people did generic bad things because "they were just bad people".

You ain't looking at the deeper layers of this masterpiece, they aren't bad because they are bad, they are bad because they are RICH!
Jul 6, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2012
FrancWyvern said:
I came here to see if someone posted an actual counterargument. I was called an hipster, so I guess I won't find such a thing here.

Not that I like the show/manga, but your ''argument'' was a bunch of buzzwords jumbled together. Nothing really substantial, coherent and well thought out.
Jul 6, 2014 1:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Cupquake said:
Tokoya said:
And trust me when I say this, that's not a good thing. The story ends up feeling like it's trying to be edgy for the sake of it.
Just keep watching....We don't need to keep this argument going on any longer
Dude I've read all of the manga so far. I know exactly what you're talking about.[/quote] I see....Well this makes thing quite interesting =o I think this series succeeds in doing just that TBH...But to each their own I guess =P
Jul 6, 2014 1:19 PM
May 2014
SolviteSekai said:
BGMaxie said:

Men you really need to tone it down with your animation hating, I see you everywhere saying how bad the animation of this sjow or that show it bad. It's only ONE episode calm down dude.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 6, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
FrancWyvern said:
SolviteSekai said:
Yeah i love how the generic bad people did generic bad things because "they were just bad people".

You ain't looking at the deeper layers of this masterpiece, they aren't bad because they are bad, they are bad because they are RICH!

cant tell if sarcasm

kikohunter said:
SolviteSekai said:

Men you really need to tone it down with your animation hating, I see you everywhere saying how bad the animation of this sjow or that show it bad. It's only ONE episode calm down dude.

The animation in almost everything this season so far has been great.

Even Rail Wars had some slick scenes.
Jul 6, 2014 1:20 PM
Dec 2013
I like how people are saying the MC will bring the show down like as if he stays exactly as he was in episode one throughout the entire series
Jul 6, 2014 1:21 PM

Aug 2012
Cupquake said:

Agreed.

SolviteSekai said:
tomi02 said:

Lol so edgy

Also: Ugly blood

But the blood was the fun part D:
Really, I was surprised they didn't censured it.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pretty thrilled at how they are adapting this so far. They're sticking close to the manga and are not afraid to show the gore that comes with it. I respect the fact that they didn't go with the "convenient fog" or "bright light" censorship that some other show's use in order to later increase their BD sales.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 2009
GreenBenjamin said:
In reply to nidhogg, I put berserk on hold cuz I can wait 10 years and only be 5 chapters behind. Good ol muira.

So you are just impatient then. That's ok. Also, argumentum ad populum as a discussion technique is rather weak.

Mar 2013
Akame is here and first episode was amazing! I read only 2 chapters of manga, so I am pretty curious what will happen then. I loved opening and OST.
Jul 6, 2014 1:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Cupquake said:

is not good writing, it is edgy as hell and really crude. Only 14-year olds would like that.[/quote]

Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:
FrancWyvern said:

cant tell if sarcasm

kikohunter said:

The animation in almost everything this season so far has been great.

Even Rail Wars had some slick scenes.

It's sarcasm...
Jul 2018
GreenBenjamin said:

Quality>Quantity

Even though it was a hyperbole on your part.
Jul 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
This show has censoring.

Almost every singly kill was censored.

The two people who got cut in half were shadowed, The guy who was choked to death was in the darkness while light from the window lit up cat girl.

The guy who had his throat cut had a black censor over the slit with blood over it to hide it.

I'd go get screencaps but i'm past caring. I've ranted enough.
Jul 6, 2014 1:24 PM
Oct 2011
This series got an anime? I remember reading it last year and cringing my way through its edgy and pointless gore and deaths which was accompanied with the shittiest anime/shounen cliches. It felt like a crapier version of Attack on Titan (which was average in itself) that doesn't have titans in.

Apr 2009
Tokoya said:
Nidhoeggr said:

is not good writing, it is edgy as hell and really crude. Only 14-year olds would like that.
[/quote]

It's still the laziest form of antagonizing villians you can come up with. I know the intent, but it still doesn't change that it is fucking weak for an author to use this.

Apr 2009
God I forgot how cringe worthy some of the dialogue in this series is though

A FITTING END FOR SOMEONE AS ROTTEN AS ME

thanks for the exposition guardsman with his throat cut nice job

Sep 2013
DarkMoonWolf said:
SolviteSekai said:
4/10 gonna go back to watching Jojo's.

Bye bye...

By the way, if you can, please take all the natural born haters with you...

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!!!

See you...

You don't even know what a hater is.
Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1367 by CloudJ »»
Yesterday, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

610 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 19, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

330 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

472 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.