Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 8:25 AM

Jun 2021
This episode was Visual masterclass and quite brutal too.

I'm glad they didn't show some cheap and easy way of beating clone Frieren instead one of them had to almost scarifice in order to beat her.

Those Golems are so useful they not only protected them but also heal them from fatal injuries.

Even after all this Mimic > Frieren.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Mar 8, 8:25 AM

Apr 2023
I guess I'm reincarnating as a mimic then.

Mar 8, 8:29 AM
Apr 2021
Need season 2 asap
Mar 8, 8:30 AM

Jun 2019
That is peak animation for 2024.
Mar 8, 8:31 AM
Oct 2022
Masterpiece love it
Mar 8, 8:31 AM
Jan 2022
A modern classic. The tolkien style anime/manga fantasy.

If next arc el dorado gets this lvl of production that season 1 has delivered so far, Frieren is a generational show.
Mar 8, 8:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Max entertainment. Madhouse nailing this adaptation 100%.

Ubel is an unexpected delightful character. Her fanclub keeps growing
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
That was a fun episode but I think the mimic joke is getting overused... 🥲
I didn't get to see Fern's clone though or am I losing it? 🤔

There are two more episodes left, and I doubt the next exam, or if there are more, will be finished anytime soon in this season. 😖
CrazyButNot4UMar 8, 8:39 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 8, 8:41 AM
May 2021
THE WAIT WAS WORTH IT
Mar 8, 8:42 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to CrazyButNot4U

There are two more episodes left, and I doubt the next exam, or if there are more, will be finished anytime soon in this season. 😖
@CrazyButNot4U Ferns clone was making a suprise attack on Methode near the end of the episode, flying above her head trying to suprise her. Once the demon died you can see Methode being fine but she had a tough fight, all around her are holes in the wall. But Methode managed to survive and distract the Fern clone that disappeared after the demons death.
Mar 8, 8:43 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to CrazyButNot4U

@CrazyButNot4U don’t worry next exam is very short most likely will be finished in next episode
Oct 2019
They going went beyond for the art and the Animation in this Episode!!
Absolutely Stunning!!

Thank You Madhouse.
Nov 2017
WHAT DID FRIEREN USE AGAINST FERN?!?! I WANT TO KNOW SO BAD
Mar 8, 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
Good job to the staffs, they really went too hard for this episode, Frieren vs clone frieren feels like Saitama vs Boros fight w(°o°)w

Can't believe there's 2 episodes left, I hope we get a sequel. б(>ε<)∂
Mar 8, 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
Darth Frieren was scary as hell! It's funny how despite her apocalyptic spells, she still had something even scarier.

Also, despite all the treasures, Frieren went for a mimic :3

Dec 2010
Reply to kuroneko99
  • The animation of the battle between Frieren vs Frieren clone is kind of too abstract, especially at the beginning of the episode.
  • There was no explanation for the magic Frieren clone used against Fern at the end of the battle. gravity control?
@kuroneko99 Looks like something along those lines, the clone was able to create a black hole thing to draw in rocks so it wouldn't be unreasonable for the opposite to happen to create a directional gravity push. It's probably also near impossible to defend against as the magic is manipulating the gravity to attack the opponent and isn't actual magic directed at the opponent, similar to the explanation richter gave a few episodes back about manipulating matter to overcome defensive magic, and the overarching theme about visualizing the cause and effect in applying magic.
Mystic_TwilightMar 8, 8:55 AM

Nov 2021
Brooo, this is probably my favorite episode of Frieren. DAMNNNNN.
Mar 8, 8:47 AM
Aug 2022
I’m not crazy about frieren but god dam the ed song slaps
Mar 8, 8:49 AM
Mar 2019
The face on clone Frieren when it smashed Fern into a wall was so awesome
Mar 8, 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
amazing episode action pack

ubel imagination to cut anything is working like a delusion though and that delusion of hers is effective for her cutting spell

ubel cutting spell vs sukuna dismantle and cleave who will win?

and whats the spell that the clone of frieren did to fern in the end its some undetectable magic spell a top class spell
Mar 8, 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Frieren and Fern thought that Zoltraak might be able to break through the replica, though this is to be expected if it blocks. And as for the others, acting like their replica counterparts with the little force that they have to defeat it, that would prove critical. Finding each and everyone's replicas now become a grave concern, especially when Sense's replica cannot be detected. Even as both Ubel and Land meet Denken to face Sense's replica along the way, Sense already predicting that she won't be able to win, as intended by the witness of one of the test years of her facing one of the strongest candidates with Reelseiden, and cutting him fairly easy against his insane defense magic. Her ace-in-the-hole: visualization and intuition to act like a human, and it's evident from her ideal battle stance from before.

Meanwhile, Wirbel and the rest has to deal with the replicas of others, and this is becoming a battle of attrition, the perseverance of some of the strongest battles ever faced. Even with Zoltraak, Fern still cannot outwit the replica's magic, which the real thing can substitute for her to ensure their survival and stop Spiegel, thus ending the replicas and completing the second test.

Still though...Frieren in a mimic, that's the reward for completing the test. You'll never change, Frieren the Gambler.
Mar 8, 8:51 AM

Jan 2022
Sousou no Frieren Episode 26

- The height of magic is a befitting title for this episode.
- The animation was again amazing.
- Ubel is an insane genius.
- It was unfortunate that Lawine and Richter did not pass the second exam.
- We saw another side of Frieren through her clone when she was in grave danger. Releasing a mysterious power towards her opponent.
- Poor Fern; she lost her staff in the fight.
- Frieren will always be Frieren falling into mimics' trap.

Mar 8, 8:53 AM

Oct 2018
I don't know how much I'd pay for a short version of this fight, but instead of an actual fight, Fern would just throw a mimic chest and wait for fake Frieren to get caught.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Mar 8, 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
I was hoping for a banger episode since the second half started and this is it, everything is moving and there are a loooot of cool displays. The animation and the use of different prespectives as well as the music, this episode was amaizng. I love that the magic system is very well portraid, complex yet understandable, ever since Frieren broke the barrier because she wanted Kanne to go full out and use her imagination. Today we saw Ubel using her imagination (and Frieren apparently) it was a very good episode and overall a powerfull adaptation with an elevation of the original work. Shoutout everyone involved, Reiko Nagasawa, hiroekeisuke, vercreek, saucelot and other amazing animators
Mar 8, 8:55 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Kamquat420
I guess I'm reincarnating as a mimic then.

@Kamquat420 You're going to hell no matter what
Mar 8, 8:55 AM

Jun 2017
MASTERPIECE.

Madhouse surpassed their peak once again, that was absolutely incredible!
Mar 8, 8:59 AM
Sep 2020
I don't know what to comment, this episode was too good 😂
Mar 8, 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
Fantastic episode. Just breathtaking animation again in this episode, especially with the Frieren/Fern vs clone Frieren stuff again looking out of this world (while the other bits of action still looking top drawer and high quality too throughout the episode). Shame that some folks like Lawine and Richter didn't manage to pass but I do like that some characters we got to see for multiple episodes to stand out couldn't pass this test, so it's not just magically easy for every single key person to pass it. But seeing characters like Ubel shine a lot in her confrontation with the clone of Sense and history of her power and level of brutality she can dish out in the past as a newly third-class mage, seeing Frieren unleash powers that she hadn't used in a very long time and much more, it was all great. Visually, this was outstanding and the top-drawer action in particular made this episode feel like a breeze to watch. This is not the most complex test or battle I've seen but the execution for it for the most part was really good. A bit slow in one of the episodes, but the rest of it was great like this one. I do think Madhouse and the anime staff involved made these episodes much more enjoyable than it was in the manga by comparison as while I did think it was a decent arc in the manga, the anime staff just made it more engaging to watch for several reasons. Everyone involved with animating and storyboarding the last couple episodes gave it their all and the product was nothing short of sublime as a result.
Mar 8, 9:01 AM

Mar 2010
I love Übel so much... :3
Mar 8, 9:01 AM
Oct 2019
Absolute cinema.
Mar 8, 9:04 AM
Nov 2023
This episode is actually peak masterpiece, so incredibly good
Mar 8, 9:04 AM

Feb 2012
I LOVE this anime! It's so beautiful, like a movie; The visuals, music, and plot truly deserve to be among the top if not THE top in anime.

The show hasn't ended yet but for me, it already transcends anime, in the way it handles the story, the power system of magic is so GOOD!

I was so happy seeing the clone Frieren still alive after the last episode, this show treats its audience as adults, like legit they didn't make it easy for them to win, which feels better when they did win... like Dark Souls.

10/10, 5 stars, perfect, you name it, I legit clapped when the episode ended.
Mar 8, 9:08 AM
May 2021
Where to start? Animation? Perfect. Fight? Perfect. Music? Legendary.

Literally might be peak of S1 here. And the fact that we just got indirect confirmation that Fern is as strong as the demon king.

Mar 8, 9:08 AM
Oct 2023
FUKING EPIC !!!!!!
Mar 8, 9:15 AM

Nov 2014
I didn't expect to like Ubel so much when she was first introduced.
Mar 8, 9:15 AM

Jul 2016
Imagine being locked in a room with having this stare directed straight at you.

So, sure, Ubel killed the invincible cloak guy in cold blood like it was nothing, but pretty much everyone else reacted like it was nothing too. Did everyone secretly want him gone or something? And you still sure you can "fix" her?

Also, seeing Ubel and Land's clones reappear made me think they were revealing Ubel finally learned Land's cloning spell and everyone was screwed since only those two's clones showed up at first, so in a very weird way, the other clones sneaking up on Denken was a minor relief lmao.
Mar 8, 9:17 AM
Dec 2022
One Word "Masterpiece"
Mar 8, 9:22 AM
Aug 2023
one of the best episodes in the show
Mar 8, 9:28 AM
Jan 2018
Animation was great, fighting was done well, good wrap up to second test
Mar 8, 9:30 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to XiongYifan
XiongYifan said:

lmao glad you like it

Mar 8, 9:30 AM

Nov 2023
There is nothing I can say, that hasn't already been said. Frieren has always been and still is PEAK. I hope they take their time with season 2.
In the meantime, why don't we feast on some Frieren greatness. Enjoy:

Mar 8, 9:32 AM
Aug 2021
I can't believe how vivid those spells are, the depth of the fight compared to what happens in the manga is just on another level. This is the best adaptation ever. Also the colors used are in general very pleasing
Mar 8, 9:33 AM

Jan 2018
This episode went even harder than the last episode both in terms of music and animation. I didn't even think it was possible. Madhouse is on fire.

Seriously, this episode was so fucking good it's almost unbelievable.

Finally, the passed the second test. But I'm guessing there will be one more test. Wonder how that'll go.

Only 2 episodes left. Still not ready to say goodbye to Frieren. T_T
Mar 8, 9:35 AM
Jan 2023
Absolute Cinema!
Mar 8, 9:41 AM
Nov 2022
Epic battles, Übel being SO GOOD and of course, Frieren showing that she is very cheated xd.

Now, so does Frieren have a secret weapon in case she's on her last legs? Of course, it was something to be expected xdddd.

Who was the random that the golem took out? Even someone at the end says: and who are you? xddddd.

NOOOOO only 2 episodes left and Frieren Fridays are over
:((((((
Mar 8, 9:44 AM
Feb 2024
I had a feeling that the fight with Frieren’s replica didn’t end last episode… it was a solid effort though! I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get over the stunning animation quality. It’s kind of amazing that for how hard the duplicates are to beat, all you really need is a solid hit to take them out. I think it’s incredible because of how it displays each characters power when they’re going all out, even though you just need one hit to win.

Seeing Übel as a kid was so cute 🥰
Reelseiden is such a wicked cool ability, I love how she tied something from her past into her magic, the analogy with the scissors might’ve been lost on Sense, but as someone who sees I found it rather clever. The fact that Sense acknowledges her strength is also super impressive.
“Her mind must not function like a normal person’s” is probably putting it lightly. She’s a crazy character but I’m loving everything about it.

Frieren: "It's up to you. If you think we can win, then we can."
Fern: "How can you be so sure?" Frieren: "Because I underestimate you."
"I'm glad to hear that. That means we have a decent shot at winning."
The line itself could come across as cold, or even insulting, but Fern recognizing that that may very well be what wins them the fight as well as Frieren admitting that Fern is stronger than she thinks sometimes- THE ANIMATION TOO, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS OH MY GOODNESS

Sense: *praises them and tells them that they passed the test*
Denken: "So where are the ladies of the hour?"
*mimic Frieren noises*

Apr 2017
Truly a peak eps, the animation of frieren and fern vs clone is really majestic its look like seeing ufotable fighting effect but with pure hand drawing sakuga, madhouse is cooking right now
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !

Mar 2023
Animation for the fight was some of the best ever.
Continuing the making progress for humanity first requiring to visualize the problem's solution.
Despite all the treasure, Frieren still went for the long shot at some knowledge
Mar 8, 9:45 AM
Feb 2024
It was really good
Mar 8, 9:47 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
And there are still fools who do not understand why this is the new #1 on MAL! Holy PEAK!
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

908 by Khashishi »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

327 by ManoHighground »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23

232 by Khashishi »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 9

185 by K1k0eru »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

624 by axeis325 »»
Yesterday, 3:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.