Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 19, 2023 8:50 PM
Oct 2021
Many thanks to the animator J.C Staff for bringing us this anime, I thought I would not watch the second season of Isekai wa Smartphone. Even though the adaptation was very hectic since certain parts of the story were skipped. I couldn't be more grateful for bringing an anime that I didn't expect to see again. It would be better if we were more grateful about this type of things. I hope there is another miracle or good news about a third season
RicateJun 19, 2023 8:57 PM
Jun 19, 2023 8:55 PM

Jun 2017
Hopefully we won't wait another 6 years for season 3. I'm already 57, dang it.
Jun 19, 2023 9:35 PM

May 2015
I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed it
Good to see my man suffer from success
Lighthearted show, it's like a CGDCT slice of life show except it's just a dude and his wives
Jun 19, 2023 10:19 PM
Jan 2021
Izayoi-kun123 said:
Since I am a Light novel reader, it was kinda disappointing but well at least the last ep was a little good...

As WN reader this was disappointing to me too i mean they skipped the part about touya being a god
Jun 19, 2023 10:20 PM
Jan 2021
Ricate said:
Many thanks to the animator J.C Staff for bringing us this anime, I thought I would not watch the second season of Isekai wa Smartphone. Even though the adaptation was very hectic since certain parts of the story were skipped. I couldn't be more grateful for bringing an anime that I didn't expect to see again. It would be better if we were more grateful about this type of things. I hope there is another miracle or good news about a third season

Yupp were grateful
Jun 19, 2023 10:26 PM
Apr 2014
I enjoyed this season. As a reader of the LN I have no problem with the pacing as they are following the story as well as they can. I wish they shown the phrase as more of an important threat to the people of this world. I am happy that we got to see a tiny bit of Touyas sadistic treatment with the 'dead slime in a box'. 
I expected nothing from this series except enjoyment and that's totally what I got. The people who complain about a story need to remember that this is not 'their' story. It's the authors. Instead of complaining just realize it's not for you and move on. Let those who enjoy it enjoy it. The only way a story will ever go the way you want it too is to write your own. That's it.
I hope we don't have to wait another 6 years.
Jun 19, 2023 11:02 PM
May 2023
it's a shame it has to end but we'll wait whether it will continue until the next season
Jun 19, 2023 11:16 PM
Mar 2021
AnimeVibes_YT1 said:
Izayoi-kun123 said:
Since I am a Light novel reader, it was kinda disappointing but well at least the last ep was a little good...

As WN reader this was disappointing to me too i mean they skipped the part about touya being a god

Yep, literally it should be there.

Also, it surprised me that you read WN too, I mean. There aren't that many outside Japan who go as far as reading WN, I just read the latest chapter of it.
Jun 20, 2023 12:11 AM
Nov 2022
It was a good ending.

We saw all the girls in school girl outfits and now we know that Touya won't have to run 2 kingdoms at the same time.

It is also already clear who his 9 wives will be, so it could also be said that they put an end to this dynamic.

It was a good detail that Touya didn't kiss Sue on the mouth, otherwise it would have been quite questionable ._. (Not LowRes anime).
Jun 20, 2023 1:00 AM

Apr 2017
Should have make him tongue the loli at least, I'd give this show an extra point if it went down that route.
Jun 20, 2023 1:17 AM

Feb 2018
Welp that's the end ig. We pretty much knew who the last two wives were gonna be lmao, and the ending kinda confirmed it from the looks of it. If we ever get another season, maybe we'll see how Leen and Sakura will fall for Touya. Touya won't ever have a dull moment in his life with all those girls xD.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 20, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2010
They built a micro-colosseum! It looks about, what, 1:10 scale? That's adorable!

Going into this spring season I assumed the anime I'd be most keen to follow would be Tonikawa 2, but instead it was this and The Galaxy Next Door. What an absolutely delightful show Smartphone is. Between the unironic fun, the unintentional comedy (e.g. the scene at the start where the girls gushed over how Touya acting with some level of basic decency resulted in them falling in love with him), and the devil-may-care pacing, there was literally never a dull moment. 

rassilon said:
Hopefully we won't wait another 6 years for season 3. I'm already 57, dang it.

I recall someone claiming that a teenage fan's enjoyment of the show was only due to his youth and inexperience. Then there's us - I'm 35, and I've noticed positive opinions from others as old as sixty-something. And we're often also Tenchi Muyo fans, unsurprisingly. In a way, Smartphone is quite traditional. 

Then I see younger guys, who likely (hopefully) have more time left to live than us, commanding "don't waste your time" on this "guilty pleasure;" retreading worn-out ways of thinking on the dogmatic necessity of conflict and tension; hand-wringing over equating the treatment of cardboard characters in a silly polygynous escapist fantasy with the treatment of real human beings; etc. 

My decade and a half working at a retirement community and nursing home, where it's a regular experience to make friends and then see them decline and pass away, have shaped my point of view on this: it's a good thing to worry less and spend the time we have on whatever has value to us, within moderation. If a man honestly knows that something he likes is not harmful to himself or others, then there's nothing to be gained by associating it with guilt and shame. I don't see people approaching their deathbeds regretting that they didn't watch more critically acclaimed TV shows that they could be proud to have appreciated. They're more likely to wish they'd watched less TV in general.
Jun 20, 2023 6:25 AM
Jun 2022
good ending
i hope season 3 airing in 2024
Jun 20, 2023 1:31 PM
Jun 2023
No Mika, my life is ruined :(
Jun 20, 2023 4:59 PM
Mar 2023
Preliora is the only one who gave hope of sanity in the sections of Babylon, but with the appearance of Pamela and the genetic record, everything went to hell, and even more so when she began to say that it was her duty to entertain the professor at night. It seems that there will not be a next season soon, they tried to summarize everything that was left in the last 10 minutes, like the 9 wives and why Babylon had been divided like that, then the kisses etc, so to settle for what was eaten and danced it
Jun 21, 2023 4:41 AM

Feb 2021
I don't know why but the ending like still not complete...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2023 8:20 AM

Apr 2021
For a sequel that I didn’t expect to happen, it was quite fun and enjoying. This is one of the lighthearted harem isekai shows that you could use for relaxation. I remember when I was a bit younger, I feel irritated to such shows showing mega OP MCs with bunch of harem. Now, it makes me feel fun and feel at ease.  While it feels rushed, still grateful for making it possible to have a sequel.

Jun 21, 2023 11:28 AM
Mar 2023
This anime version isn't bad but not good either.

I watch this anime because I like it's Novel.

It will be better if they can make animation better and put a nice backsound.
IMO, even Seiyuu didn't fit with character in my imagination, except Yumina and Cesca.  All character's voice just imitiate child voice.
They should learn from Kazuma(Konosuba), sometimes Kazuma sounds like a child but sometimes he is serious.
Jun 21, 2023 9:47 PM

Dec 2010
When the season 2 of smartphone was announced I was like WTF?! who wanted this?
Now after watching another season, I'm still who wanted this?! 
It is really just another boring harem anime, was looking forward to the Phrase plot line but it's gone. 7/10 for the laughs and cute girls
Jun 22, 2023 3:03 AM
Jan 2023
Yea this is one of those "let's take the series and make it as generically trash as possible in the anime" even though the books already make it generic and predictable. The random twists for humor's sake as well as the cool concepts and hype building up to certain confrontations was why I loved the series along with the girls. That and the feel good vibes and very smooth-to-read writing style was why I loved the series on a bad day, especially from work. They catered to a larger audience, sacrificing much of the story that I felt was more fun and exciting for the slice-of-life type of vibes. They didn't even bother with explanations or world-building as usual with these dollar-cent store adaptations, which Smartphone actually did well in the books. At this rate, I don't have any hope they'll ever make decent adaptations for series that aren't shounen since that's what most Japanese kids are used to reading simply for the sake of having the most popular/commonly known magazine around for entertainment. Same as say us Americans only listening to radio music instead of looking for gems from up-and-coming or underground artists on the internet. Don't know how it is for other places, but that was a commonly debated thing when I was younger.

Also, they skipped the Sea of Trees stuff and I doubt they'll make a season 3 to introduce Moroha (Goddess of Swords/Blades) as the middle sister for his so-called family. I figured if they're going to cram to introduce all the wives, they'd bring in Karen and Moroha, but nope didnt even properly explain the REAL reason Karen showed up. Then that original ending with the crystal ball to see the future wives, which weren't even the correct dresses that they wore for the actual wedding. But wasn't expecting much to begin with. Honestly sucks since the series is going to be ending in a few volumes with 27 having just come out recently
sjydude201Jun 22, 2023 3:08 AM
Jun 22, 2023 7:32 AM
Apr 2023
So it's finally done. This really was more like a part 2/continuation of the 1st season. It's basically really just to continue the "world-building" for the story. While the 1st season established Touya getting acclimatized to the new world and using his smartphone as technically a weapon, this part 2 is more on collecting his 9 wives as it is somehow tied as well to the Babylon floating structures (1 for each structure).

Like the 1st part that came before, this 2nd part really is just as absurd. It also is using the nobility as an excuse to allow the harem to have a happily ever after but that's okay.
They revealed the 2 remaining wives though not yet official. But then, they already foreshadowed this literally last part 1.

But it looks like the story will still continue as there are still 2 wives to be officialized (Lean and Sakura) and 2 more structures to complete Babylon and only then will they be truly ready to face the Phrases.
Dunno if it will have a next cour; not expecting one but that might be fun, just to see all things tidied up.
Jun 22, 2023 11:57 PM

May 2010
nDroae said:
I recall someone claiming that a teenage fan's enjoyment of the show was only due to his youth and inexperience. Then there's us - I'm 35, and I've noticed positive opinions from others as old as sixty-something. And we're often also Tenchi Muyo fans, unsurprisingly. In a way, Smartphone is quite traditional. 

Then I see younger guys, who likely (hopefully) have more time left to live than us, commanding "don't waste your time" on this "guilty pleasure;" retreading worn-out ways of thinking on the dogmatic necessity of conflict and tension; hand-wringing over equating the treatment of cardboard characters in a silly polygynous escapist fantasy with the treatment of real human beings; etc. 

My decade and a half working at a retirement community and nursing home, where it's a regular experience to make friends and then see them decline and pass away, have shaped my point of view on this: it's a good thing to worry less and spend the time we have on whatever has value to us, within moderation. If a man honestly knows that something he likes is not harmful to himself or others, then there's nothing to be gained by associating it with guilt and shame. I don't see people approaching their deathbeds regretting that they didn't watch more critically acclaimed TV shows that they could be proud to have appreciated. They're more likely to wish they'd watched less TV in general.

This is kind of funny to think about. I do think that when I'm on my deathbed, I'll have some regrets about the critically-acclaimed things that I never got around to watching. But they will just be so far down the list of regrets that they're not even worth mentioning LOL. If some poor sap gets suckered into listening to all of my regrets in order, it will be like "I didn't spend enough time with my family, I never confessed to that girl I had a crush on, I never kept up with that friend from college, ...(insert 1000 more things here)... , and I never watched that anime"
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 23, 2023 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
Xystus said:
Should have make him tongue the loli at least, I'd give this show an extra point if it went down that route.

a true hero of culture!
this comment gets a 10/10

Mr. McMahon approved
Jun 23, 2023 9:02 PM

Oct 2013
this season sucked ass. the pacing was so fast it just made the show boring.
also all the changes made sucked and the redrawn characters just made it look copy and paste.
also what's the point of rushing through the story is you don't even get to two of the other girls.

so dumb!
Jun 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Oct 2010
Seabury said:
This is kind of funny to think about. I do think that when I'm on my deathbed, I'll have some regrets about the critically-acclaimed things that I never got around to watching. But they will just be so far down the list of regrets that they're not even worth mentioning LOL. If some poor sap gets suckered into listening to all of my regrets in order, it will be like "I didn't spend enough time with my family, I never confessed to that girl I had a crush on, I never kept up with that friend from college, ...(insert 1000 more things here)... , and I never watched that anime"

I didn't rewatch Monster Musume as many times as I should have
Jun 25, 2023 3:27 AM
Oct 2021
Just ended up watching this because I had watched the first season. Watching season 2 was hard. Hope there isn't another season.
Jun 26, 2023 3:32 AM
Jul 2021
This trashy show is finally over! MAL needs to make it possible to rate a show 0. And this one would right there in front of the queue when that happens. What a horrible show! 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 27, 2023 7:53 AM
Jan 2018
9 huh….. The same number as Love Live idol group, damn Touya!
Jun 27, 2023 3:33 PM
Aug 2022
THis wasnt the fun bad s1 was, this is abhorrent bad like how do you fumble the bag that badly even though there was nothign to actually fuck up on
Jun 28, 2023 10:24 AM

Jun 2016
bored af !!  5/10

the only good from this show is the pink haired elf itself !!
Jun 28, 2023 8:53 PM
Aug 2022
Man!!! really enjoyed this anime. I'm amazed watching his future. all bride's xD .
hope this will Season 3
Jul 1, 2023 1:08 PM

Nov 2014
When this season started I asked myself why the hell I even watch this again. But it ended up being actually fun. Story is shit, art is below average... and it all doesn't matter because it just kills time better than quite a few other titles.

In a way I'm disappointed that we know he will end up with 9 wives - that removes the excitement of possible new harem members in future. Like that BL girl for example.
Jul 1, 2023 1:30 PM

Oct 2008
So they went for the kiss from everyone finale. Found it funny how the girls were on Touya's case about having 9 wives in the future even though they are the ones who keep adding girls to the harem.

Didn't enjoy this season as much as I did the first. I liked the arc where he got his country but it didn't go very far after that. The story started adding mecha which I wasn't a big fan of either, doesn't seem necessary at all with the development of that new sword and how strong Touya himself is. Seemed a bit irrelevant.
Jul 4, 2023 7:37 AM
Mar 2022
A pretty funny and light-hearted episode to conclude what was a pretty solid season. It had some strengths (romcom aspects, the humor, some narratives arcs) and also some flaws (rushed pacing, too much focus on the harem instead of the adventure), but overall I enjoyed watching Touya and his harem again after so long. Dunno if we'll get s3 but if it gets one I'll be there to watch it...
Jul 5, 2023 12:09 AM

Dec 2020
Better than s1. Still just mediocre but entertaining to watch.
Jul 5, 2023 12:17 AM

May 2018
Two more wives to go.

Jul 5, 2023 11:44 PM

Jan 2020
All I can say is Isekai Smartphone isn’t the worst isekai
Jul 5, 2023 11:46 PM

Jan 2020
anikevin said:
I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed it
Good to see my man suffer from success
Lighthearted show, it's like a CGDCT slice of life show except it's just a dude and his wives

CGDCT but done somewhat right
Jul 6, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
Hehe, this anime really doesn´t have much to offer as story and everything is superficial, but oh well... easy and enjoyable to watch and this is something I also appreciate when I watch animes.

I have to kudo they went for the harem. Rare to see an anime closuring with a real harem ending without beating around the bush. This achievement alone deserves +1 or +2 of extra score xD 

7/10

TechOtakuJul 6, 2023 9:22 AM
Jul 6, 2023 9:06 PM
Mar 2016
I'm currently just up to episode 3 but is it just me or I feel like I'm not that hype to see this anime come back for season 2 after 6 years since 2017. somewhat I felt boring. please prove me if I'm wrong. I mean I did really enjoy season 1 back in 2017
Jul 6, 2023 9:49 PM
Mar 2016
Hey I was just wondering what score is present BORING. 4 = bad . but 5 = average . and 6 = fine. it's not that bad to put 4 but it's not average to put 5 because it was boring. So maybe I rate it 5/10
Jul 9, 2023 2:23 AM

Aug 2015
Despite the show not really having a solid "direction", it is a harmless guilty pleasure. I have a hard enough time trying to have one girlfriend, and this guy has 9. lol
I do hope for a Season 3, to complete the islands, as well as show more conflict/resolution between the girls. 
Jul 10, 2023 8:04 AM

Jan 2017
Pretty lacklustre for a finale, it's just rehashing what we already know of "Touya's gonna have 9 wives". Enjoyed the android girls parts though
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 AM

Apr 2021
I want a third season! I already knew he could have more brides, I want to meet them next season.
Jul 28, 2023 12:47 PM

Aug 2019
we could have had a nice kiss with all 7 current wives but no.  had to make it generic tsundere i love you so ill beat you up. (:
and he didnt even kiss sushi on the lips.
leen wasnt married to him this season so ill have to wait for the next one then.

id say this season was nearly equal as the first one so ill rate this 7 as well (i raised s1 from 6 to 7 on my rewatch for this season).  though i think s1 was still better.  this season gave us more of the babylon girls (hilarious and cute), leen and sushie became a wife.

leen & sushi in a wedding dress

stitch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2023 4:52 AM

Mar 2013
Well, that was... A great conclusion, at the very least. Tbh, I love the school uniform fan service. The intervention of Touya's big sister is something else though.

I really wanted to love this franchise like I did from season 1 but this sequel didn't cut it for me. I will still score it higher but the potential will always be wasted because of what they did to this series. They really skipped a lot of scenes... unbeknownst to me.

Anyway, I still enjoyed this series nonetheless even with disappointment plaguing my face. SMH.

Congratulations to Elze and Yae getting a kiss from Touya. However, the other 3 were useless... but adorable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 AM

Jul 2012
They make thiz in a hurry..
They make thiz really.. really.. simplified..
Thiz anime can take 24 ep each season with many interesting romance-drama encounter..

Had a potential to be 9/10 if it were more serious anime N had like I said above..
8/10 is just enough, just for fun normal-isekai-harem N a lilbit of ecchi ~ kinda rare N a bit nice thou..

Jan 3, 4:02 PM
Jan 2023
I liked all the episodes of both seasons. I hope there will be a season 3. / I am tired of watching legendary anime such as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and others. / I am a person who loves simple, beautiful anime like this anime.
Jan 26, 12:01 AM
Dec 2021
Just ok, very typical
Feb 1, 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
So they always readily accept new wives for their husband, but once someone says he'll get two more when he's already at seven, suddenly it's too much? That makes no sense at all.

I did not expect this season to be even worse than season 1, but somehow they made it happen. Just have no meaningful stories for a whole season, make every female character fall in love with the MC simply by breathing the same air as him and let the harem aspects of the show be as annoying as possible and you've got yourself a 1/10.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

33 by PPAnimeWeeb »»
Feb 14, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2023

31 by ddanel »»
Feb 3, 4:05 PM

» why not take tsubaki Toya oh Toya

ZeroAXL - Jan 31

12 by _otaku_man00 »»
Jan 31, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

33 by Gator »»
Jan 31, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

26 by Gator »»
Jan 31, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.