Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2020 8:36 PM
Nov 2018
wtf is going on lol?? the guy in the hospital doing morse code, daniel is a peddler trying to get people into shan city, which is a cult. this is so strange, i do appreciate weed being in this series and the fact we got a Mother sex scene, but man what a weird turn of events.
Jul 12, 2020 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
Kinda weird. So we stop suddenly at a place that (for some reason) isn't damaged (yet). Then takign more than 1 episode for this - when the show was supposed to be about survival and escaping from the sinking Japan.
Jul 12, 2020 9:53 AM

May 2015
I lost it at Grandpa full Rambo mode. Not to mention master of 360 on a whellchair. xDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 12, 2020 9:10 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
that fucking janky 360 bow shot made me laugh really hard.

also second attempted rape scene out of nowhere and daniel is annoying af.

urgh.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 13, 2020 8:43 AM
Dec 2019
I think I missed something, why Ayumu didn't asked for help with his injury on the leg? I'm sure they have the resources to stop the infection
Jul 13, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
Uh I'm not rlly feeling this up to this point. Maybe the second half is better ?
Jul 14, 2020 12:54 AM

Dec 2016
these kids are dicks, damn. the show's general portrayal of emotions is all over the place.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jul 14, 2020 4:33 AM
Apr 2019
I thought the world was ending, what's this about drugs and family matters about? Talk about a tone shift
Jul 14, 2020 12:52 PM

Mar 2009
The scene with the grandpa was hilarious. No scoping those fools like they're nothing. #1 unintentional comedy anime of the year.

What even is this show turning into? Wasn't it supposed to be a disaster-type anime? Now we've got some weird cult. Everything feels so random.

ROFL @ the random sex scene at the end.
Jul 17, 2020 7:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
When I started this series I expected a hardcore survival story. The cult, Rambo grandad, techno and drugs at a high level party and sexy time with a hot yakuza dame...wtf?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 18, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
I don't even know why I'm still watching this. It's like none of the characters know how to properly display emotions or anything. Inserting English into the sentences every now and then is super annoying. And Daniel is not only creepy but also annoying. :/
Jul 18, 2020 3:06 PM

Oct 2019
What is going on in this show, I genuinely am so lost, I could follow up until earth quakes but now some girl can talk with the dead, okay sure.
Jul 19, 2020 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
SHUT UP, GO! D: OMG Stop speaking in English so randomly throughout the series! I know who he reminds me of. AJ from The Walking Dead game, the little boy who is always with Clementine. AJ also pissed me off. I don't mind the English but I wish they just hired a bilingual voice actor. This is Netflix but they couldn't hire bilingual voice actors, who do exist, in Japan.

Kite has Godzilla-sized balls to call Mother a fake while being in THEIR TERRITORY with a bunch of cultists who could kill them at ANY TIME!

That party wasn't too bad though, they had a gaming tournament, weed, drugs, booze, etc. Also, Haruo is talking more now. He's really liking the weed there.

This is the second rape attempt in the series. First time to see sex, considering it's like Devilman Crybaby I thought there would be more.

Also gramps, wtf happened? Is that really his grandchild or is he high from the drugs?

Not gonna lie, grandpa shooting those cultists while on his wheelchair was the BEST SCENE in this entire series so far LOL
臭い-
Jul 19, 2020 7:29 PM

Oct 2013
Ehh, MAL had problems so my quite long post did not upload eventually. :( And I have already commented under episode 6 that I have already seen.

Oh well, not to repeat myself, I just wanted to say that there were two big moments in this episode: bed-ridden mysterious person that seems to try to communicate, perhaps by using Morse Code; and of course Rambo-mode grandpa noscoping everyone with a bow, lol. The question, though, was whether he was sane and wanted to save his grandchild, or just drugs hit him too hard? :p

@Bibimbapski, yeah, I wonder if some wild actions like grandpa noscoping with bow on a wheelchair is gonna happen in the next half of the show. xD
Jul 22, 2020 7:13 AM

Feb 2019
Ok, the grandpa fight scene at the end was a bit ridiculous.

I'm interested in this guy who can predict earthquakes though
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 22, 2020 8:39 AM
Mar 2016
We have our first real solid episode now that things have slowed down. And we have a super-forced cry moment where we preach stoicism. That's definitely one thing I dislike about Japanese culture. Mourn and move on. Holding it all inside is not healthy. You can cry at night when no one is watching.

Also, the mom's been acting strong? This whole time she's been relying on other people, aside from a single day or so without her husband.

Pretty wicked party. That's what I would choose to do as well. Sex scene came out of nowhere (at first I thought the grandpa got younger), but it was fine. Grandpa's rampage is freaking awesome.
Aug 2, 2020 6:05 PM
Aug 2020
really thought Yuasa was going to give us a dmcb throwback with that party scene
Aug 4, 2020 4:47 PM

Sep 2017
Well we finally got some emotional payoff with the Mom and Daughter morning their Dad. But wtf was that ending lmao. Old man went rambo and somehow dodged bullets on that shitty wheelchair lol. Is there supposed to be an actually connection between him and that boy? I got very slights hints but idk. He's pretty nuts so I wouldn't put it past him to try and kidnap him for absurd reasons. But yeah this show seems to not have a great sense of direction. It's just Japan has ended and ppl are crazy.
Aug 14, 2020 4:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
While the others episode were ok/average this one was absolutely horrible xD it's a total mess at this point
Aug 15, 2020 9:57 PM

Sep 2013
Farabeuf said:
When I started this series I expected a hardcore survival story. The cult, Rambo grandad, techno and drugs at a high level party and sexy time with a hot yakuza dame...wtf?

The 'hot dame' has toes that are all exactly the same! Well, it sure caught my attention! (in a previous episode) Plus the permanent bright red lips... eeeew!

While this episode may have been better than the previous 2? Rambo Grandpa (the junky!) ruined it entirely...
Aug 17, 2020 5:35 AM
Sep 2015
"Are you kidding me?"
"No I am not kidding you"
"No way man, that's crazy"

AAAAAA
This anime is shit. Pls kill Daniel and Go soon.
Aug 17, 2020 5:57 AM
Sep 2015
That was just horrible.
Oh gosh I thought people were overreacting when they said Japan Sinks was horrible.

They gave us violence without reason and now nudity (I really didn't expect the sex scene, I'm so disturbed)

Netflix should put warnings in this show.
MAL too.

I'm dropping this here.
What a waste of time.
Aug 17, 2020 7:11 AM

May 2012
JOELbedulla said:

MAL too.

Good thing that they did not put warning.

The show turned out to be much violent and sexual than what I thought which is good thing and asurprise to me. If they put warning then I would be spoiled and not shocked anymore.
Aug 17, 2020 10:33 AM
Sep 2015
thepath said:
JOELbedulla said:

MAL too.

Good thing that they did not put warning.

The show turned out to be much violent and sexual than what I thought which is good thing and asurprise to me. If they put warning then I would be spoiled and not shocked anymore.

No that's not good at all.

Might be good for you (everyone has different tastes) but many people need disclaimers before watching a show.
That's the norm.
Aug 20, 2020 1:38 AM

Jan 2020
who hurt you yuasa?
Aug 25, 2020 10:43 PM

Aug 2016
First off it hasn’t even been a week. Her hair didnt grow. And if she was just overdue for a haircut anyways, why do it right then during the apocalypse? Priorities, man. This cult...I have no words. Lmao at grandpa’s mission impossible. Looks like he has no problem killing people. I’m just going to pretend that ultra cringey club scene didn’t happen. This show has not been disappointing so far. It really lives up to its rating.
Aug 26, 2020 9:23 AM

Feb 2019
Thing's are getting more interesting
Aug 30, 2020 9:05 AM
Nov 2019
Idk what's goin on. It started as an amazing survival show but the getting high in a party and crazy grandpa thing was not expected. I'm still likin it though. It's not boring even if it ain't stickin to the survival element.
Sep 4, 2020 9:17 AM
Oct 2019
What am i watching right now???
There is a party... And then Grandpa shooting people also sex scene
Feb 2, 2021 10:55 PM

Jul 2016
Lol, this shit was so random. If this would have ended on the scene with Ayumu and her mother mourning the father's death, it would have been a somewhat decent episode.

Not gonna lie tho, Oldman going full Rambo in an electric wheelchair killed my sides xD
Feb 3, 2021 8:53 PM

Sep 2018
Music in the club is so weird lol and their dance move is so weird too hahah it looks funny.

Atleast they act normal now, it's so weird for them to not mourn even if they want to act tough, crying is not a sign that you're weak. 
Mar 29, 2021 8:30 AM
Jun 2020
i thought this anime was about an earthquake

what the actual fuck is going on
Apr 11, 2021 5:23 PM

Jun 2015
Im not even sure if this is a serious show any more. It went from a disaster filled epic to a bunch of cult like hippies throwing drug fueled parties in the hills and living in yurts. Eps 5 is so far removed from the rest of the show I'm not even sure what to expect from the next eps. Especially after granpapa gone wild ending on his old people scooter!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 28, 2022 2:06 PM

May 2015
This is getting weirder with each episode. I actually thought this way already at the point when they casually introduced talking to deceased and then casually did drugs... but then grandpa started shooting people, and that random sex scene, and child abduction. Ew. Couldn't it be more of a survival show? Right now I don't even know what's it about anymore.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 6 Discussion

FMmatron - Jul 9, 2020

46 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 30, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 30, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

70 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 29, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

58 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 29, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 9 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 9, 2020

31 by DontBodyYaSelf »»
Sep 30, 2023 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.