Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2020 1:05 AM

Sep 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy, that end, omg, i'm liking to see the hikikomori with them, but, man, that end, I was not expecting this, at the start of the anime one of the family has already died
Jul 9, 2020 1:13 AM
Jan 2015
I wasn't expecting that ending as well. Goddamnit, I'm pretty shocked
Jul 9, 2020 1:48 AM
Jul 2020
Same......

Holy shit
Jul 9, 2020 2:43 AM
Oct 2019
Was genuinely surprised. Well we know now that this will be a reoccuring theme in the anime.
Jul 9, 2020 4:51 AM

Nov 2016
Such a peaceful episode with only the snatching granny and the wild board made a bit wary, but omg, certainly didn't see that coming. Same as the falling people a bit over the top and not really necessary imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2020 5:46 AM

Jan 2015
This was the fastest anime to make me cry holy fuck
Not the dad, say sike rn
Jul 9, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2009
Welp, rip dad. Not sure where this show is going, outside of the family doing their best to survive, but I have faith in Yuasa.
Jul 9, 2020 8:01 AM

Oct 2017
Us: 2020 couldn't possibly get any worse, we've already had the coronavirus
2020: *japan sinks*

wow, I hope the dad is okay, he just wanted some yams :(
Jul 9, 2020 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
Am i the only one who cringes when they take F-ing family photos during a nation-shattering apocalypse? Are you kidding me?

Are there really some unattended "mines" or unexploded munition as they mentioned, in Japan?

There was a sign with March 16 1965, i tried to google the date but nothing showed up? Anyone has info on this perhaps? Or is it pure fiction?
Jul 9, 2020 5:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The journey of the dead. Its not a lied. They needed to survived only to got a surprising matter. I guess, its not always fun riding after all. Welp, RIP optimistic dad. Ayumu would learnt much survival ability after shit crashed her mind! I mean, eat that shit, you goddamned pampered girl!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 9, 2020 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
this show is a lttile bit too much i can't think of a worst show to watch in 2020 seriously lol even with some sense of hope in their time trying to survive that happens ,honestly who builds a yam farm over a old land mine field?!

putting this one on hold for a less darker time for when i wanna feel awful at least now i know why the kept most of the family alive fuck
Jul 9, 2020 7:44 PM

May 2015
Basiccake said:

Bruh
Didn't you see his chopped hand blow over them Final Destination style? He ded.
Jul 9, 2020 8:08 PM
Mar 2019
Man the dad dead now fuhhhhhhhhh
Jul 9, 2020 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
Man that was such a sshocking and sad ending ....
Jul 9, 2020 9:07 PM

Dec 2018
Daver_ said:
I’m sorry but that ending was dumb. It’s just shock value but I found it more funny than sad. The episode explored the natural progression to find safety. It didn’t really add any growth to our main cast. They’re all just nice people. I don’t feel any attachment to them outside main girl. I liked the scenes where they conversed with people with opposing opinions. In a situation like that you can’t afford to care for others.

You see main girl trying to help the elderly, but it backfires for her when they take advantage of her generosity. This clearly shows how she feels guilty for not helping her teammates.

8 episodes left, not sure if they’ve got enough story as I think they used the shock death a little too early. Hope they develop the main cast. Please stop with the shoehorning of English dialogue.

I fully agree. Even Kensuke Ushio's beautiful soundtrack fails to create any feeling for a one-dimensional character we had just met. He was a nice guy who dies stupidly, and that's it.

I hope the series manages to do something interesting with this tragedy, but it threw away the potential that a character could have to shock the audience. Too early.
Jul 9, 2020 9:26 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Scenario:

An apparent survivalist comes across a long sturdy fence in the middle of the woods, what does he do?

A: Know not to go over it since the fence is obviously there for a reason.
B: Be suspicious and check for any sign of danger or importance about the fence (since there were plenty of signs on it).
C: Just jump over the fence no hesitation and dig half a mile to find a yam (yes that's just as dumb as it sounds)

I mean, really. That whole situation, while sad, is very hard to take seriously.
Jul 9, 2020 9:47 PM
Oct 2018
I'm pretty sure Japan didn't put landmines down on their own mainland during any war.
Jul 10, 2020 12:10 AM

Oct 2017
Okay I did not see that coming, not at all. That was a massive blow to me. I never thought the dad would die so fast, how are they gonna survive now without him damn.
Jul 10, 2020 12:46 AM

Aug 2018
The tone of this show is all over the place, people are dying and there playing calming musics.
_______I like rocks__
Jul 10, 2020 3:04 AM

Nov 2013
Tapikapi said:
SuperDuperSaiyan said:
I'm pretty sure Japan didn't put landmines down on their own mainland during any war.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Am i the only one who cringes when they take F-ing family photos during a nation-shattering apocalypse? Are you kidding me?

Are there really some unattended "mines" or unexploded munition as they mentioned, in Japan?

There was a sign with March 16 1965, i tried to google the date but nothing showed up? Anyone has info on this perhaps? Or is it pure fiction?

After WW2 Japan was left with tons of unexploded bombs, the main cause being U.S that bombarded Japan relentlessly. Europe is in a worse situation with 1.8 million bombs defused in Berlin alone after 1947 (wikipedia). This summer my dad found an old WW2 hand grenade from a cottage he was cleaning. The army came and took it and blew it up on their testing site.

Yeah, i'm aware of countless unexploded bombs in Europe and Germany in particular, but i did some research and when it comes to war in the pacific, only Okinawa is mentioned the most - it's said there are still many undiscovered bombs there. Mainland Japan was bombarded quite a lot as well, but i failed to find any info if there are places where bombs are supposedly hidden underground, but the government deals with this danger by simply putting signs and wires, instead of actually eliminating the threat. I also failed to find info about the whole 1965 incident mentioned in the anime and doubt that there are actually places in mainland Japan that has signs "beware there might be unexploded bombs beyond this point"
Jul 10, 2020 6:14 AM
Feb 2015
I really did not expect that ending. I was expecting that they would be chased by some wild animals in that area not (UXO) Unexploded ordinance.
Jul 10, 2020 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
I heard it will get worse later - but up until now it was great. Only the English lines were annoying. Doesn't really fit. First I thought the mom was 2nd wife of the father and she was from US or so and the son just speaking English cause he wanted to be cool.

But this was too random. He speaks English random lines to everyone.

I hope the shut-in guy with his headphones up all the time ... will get important later.
Jul 10, 2020 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
Fearless_fr said:
Well nothing, big smile on their head as always, bc hey ! Maybe all my friends and thousands of people died but let's laugh, play in the water and always keep that f*cking smile on our faces.

I fully agree. The first episode was a bit worrying, but now it is becoming pretty terrible.
In which universe are people so happy to be in the middle of a disaster? There were not even worried about the water!
Well, coming from Netflix, I don't know why I was expecting anything...
Jul 10, 2020 4:21 PM

May 2018
Not Dad!! NOT DAD!!! Blow up the old couple that kept the bottle of water, but not Dad!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jul 10, 2020 10:40 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Oh my god. I was not prepared for that man. urgh. Now I'm scared to watch other episodes because of random stuff like that happening again. smh
Jul 10, 2020 10:49 PM

Jul 2015
damn! i was not prepared for this
he didn't deserve that
Jul 11, 2020 2:22 AM

Jul 2015
Not everyday that you see a mother push her son off a cliff in the middle of a natural disaster and a dad riding a boar.
Didn't expected that dark end there, really thought the dad would survive since he had a lot of survival skills.

Jul 11, 2020 8:20 AM
May 2020
what the fuck was that???? i didn't expect that ending.
Jul 11, 2020 10:55 AM

Apr 2015
That ending scene really took me by surprise.

Looking back at the series, it is a shame how the first 3 episodes were the strongest out of the 10 episodes.
Jul 11, 2020 6:24 PM
Nov 2018
YO WTF OMG. just when i thought the dad escaped death ep 1, they pulled this off. i'm shook
Jul 11, 2020 11:52 PM
Jun 2020
F*ck! F*ck! F*ck, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Jul 12, 2020 5:24 AM

May 2015
Dad vs. boar would make it to TOP 10 anime fights.

Dad vs. landmine doesn't make it though.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 12, 2020 7:15 AM

Jan 2017
Didn't expect the father to go out like that. Also why isn't Ayumu getting that leg checked out? *sweats nervously*
Jul 13, 2020 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
the random english is so fucking jarring.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jul 14, 2020 3:11 AM
Apr 2019
SuperDuperSaiyan said:

I think they may be referring to Plane dropped bombs, they weren't 100% accurate and the US loaded Japan full of them
Jul 14, 2020 6:45 PM

May 2018
All the dad wanted to do was get some yams for his family and company. That must’ve of been traumatic, but they still need to keep moving...
Jul 15, 2020 10:35 PM

Jun 2017
Dang, I was not expecting that ending! During the beginning of this episode, I was thinking that they seem a little too calm for everything that is happening.
Jul 16, 2020 9:22 PM
Aug 2016
Another case of one of the cast being too useful to live.
Jul 18, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
anikevin said:
Basiccake said:

Bruh
Didn't you see his chopped hand blow over them Final Destination style? He ded.

LOL that's what exactly came to my mind, Final Destination. I loved the FD horror movie franchise and watched every single one because of the ridiculous death scenes. That last scene reminded me of that.

I got confused with the dead bodies falling out of nowhere in the last episode. I thought their family was going to fare better since the gamer son asked his Estonian gamer friend and told them to avoid going west. Now they're dad-less. He was the only one in the group who had the best survival skills. Gone. Poof. All because of his stupid vegan daughter who couldn't eat the fucking wild boar. Enjoy your yams, you selfish bitch!

The mom wanting to constantly take pictures at the most inappropriate times is annoying. Gamer son and his random English lines are also annoying. I'm still enjoying it. Gonna see who else dies in the upcoming episodes.
臭い-
Jul 18, 2020 1:02 PM

Feb 2019
Well, the father seemed to enjoy this a little bit too much.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Jul 18, 2020 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
This death was funny as hell. I cried a lot... of laughs.
Jul 19, 2020 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
Damn. That ending. Poor.guy. I didn't expect him to die, at least not that early. :(
Jul 20, 2020 12:26 AM

Jun 2016
I knew he was gonna die.
Jul 20, 2020 7:51 AM

Feb 2016
XD._____________.
Jul 21, 2020 11:18 AM
Mar 2015
So long Dad you should have been smarter
Jul 21, 2020 6:17 PM
Mar 2016
This is ridiculous. I love it! Not a single person is taking any of this seriously. Everyone is acting really dumb. The mom is a massive jerk. You scared, honey? Then let me push you head first down a cliff after throwing your bag over.

Helicopter nonsense is just glossed over. Off-screen firestorms alongside the return of the vanishing tsunami. People are immediately insisting it's all a conspiracy theory, but before they all march off to their deaths, let's take another family photo!

We miraculously found fresh water and assume it isn't infested with parasites, so naturally the first thing we do is stand in it with our dirty bodies and drink it. We would totally be able to taste the difference of course. And then we're going to slide down the river like a waterslide. Weeee! We don't need a raft. There aren't any sharp rocks or deep spots.

And then after the dad is almost gutted by a boar and thrown off a ledge, he managed to kill it with his pocket knife. But of course if the daughter's already wasted water, she'll naturally waste meat too because it's icky. And then we're going to leave money (something likely extremely valuable in certain areas) on a gravesite while ignoring all of the signs around this heavily fortified area. Why is the mine so deep? Why does the date match up more closely with Vietnam than WW2? Why would you grow a crop where you clearly can't harvest it as opposed to regular trees? Don't think about it.

All that's important is that the one useful person is dead. Who's next? I personally hope the mom tries to drown the son. "FINGERS CROSSED!". That's right, I took my English lessons today, mom! *Gurgling*
Jul 22, 2020 5:46 AM

Feb 2019
The hand was a little over the top. Also, who planted yams in the middle of an explosive site???
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 23, 2020 5:49 AM
Sep 2016
This episode. This is the episode where I realized that maybe I’m not cut out for these types of shows. I’m trying so hard.
Jul 25, 2020 11:25 AM

Aug 2019
i GASPED when the explosives came and he died. gagging. fucking gagging.
Aug 2, 2020 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
Wasn't he searching for yams!? Who the fuck plants yams so deep underground that the hole he dug was far deeper than his height!? Looks like all episodes are going to have some pointless gory scene as the ending.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 6 Discussion

FMmatron - Jul 9, 2020

46 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 30, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 30, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gadottinho - Jul 9, 2020

58 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 29, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 Episode 9 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 9, 2020

31 by DontBodyYaSelf »»
Sep 30, 2023 4:33 AM

» why is everyone hating on this series?

spycfaib - Mar 21, 2021

9 by DragonMirax »»
Sep 28, 2023 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.