Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 12, 2012 11:40 PM

Jul 2009
GodlyKyon said:
I no care about Tsuhiki, Shinobu stole this show from her.... She is so cute and DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels almost as if it's not Tsukihi's arc

Agree.. but dont forget about Kaiki's appearance.. that was SOOOO funny and so epic at the same time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2012 1:23 AM

Aug 2008
Ah this bring back memories.
Back on the first episode of Bakemonogatari, the first part (I believe) really got me into thinking "Holy shit, this is an anime of Vampires, gore, and battle scenes!". While it wasn't exactly that, it was still an awesome anime. Incidentally, the prequel movie is gonna rock! :D

And as for this episode, it was nice and laid back, with fan service (Tsukihi and Shinobu), then shit hits the fan in the last part. While I knew she wasn't dead (I don't like spoilers, but I read a bit about it), it was still insane seeing her get torn in half like that and Koyomi flipping out like mad.

So yeah, it was all nice.
Mar 13, 2012 3:25 AM

Nov 2010
How can it only have 1 more episode? its just too good to end so soon. depressing.
Mar 13, 2012 3:56 AM

Jan 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
amginex said:
anyway, they implied that araragi and shinobu are less of a vampire now, so do they (or their powers) get weaker everyday?

also, are we not going to see senjougahara anymore? :(
and shes not going to be in the movie either (?)

im no worried about epi11, im sure they'll wrap this up good or maybe leave a cliffhanger hinting for another season

In order to "cure" Araragi and through the series of events of Kizumonogatari, both them are "less" of a vampire than what they once were and hence why Shinobu is living in his shadow instead of her own "body". I'm fairly sure it ain't getting weaker everyday, but it just ain't getting stronger; i think in Bakemonogatari they mentioned 10% when they were preparing to fight Kanbaru, so thats prolly what they are out of what they used to be.

Kizumonogatari is a prequel to Bakemonogatari so no Senjougahara, but more Hanekawa, Oshino, and way more Shinobu.

There are many many more novels, so there will definitely be more seasons; i believe they even confirmed it. This is just a guess but i think the next novel animated after Kizumonogatari will be Nekomonogatari which is Hanekawa's story, since each novel (Nisemonogatari=Fire Sisters) focuses on a particular character for the most part.

yeah, i agree with you man.
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Mar 13, 2012 4:38 AM

Feb 2010
And I thought Kaiki is the only impostor in the series.

*blames synopsis* D:
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 13, 2012 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
Loved seeing kaiki again - and in such a bright, upbeat setting.

I'm very interested in seeing more Tsukihi, yet dissapointed there's only one ep' left. :(
I hope the ending of this is the fore-front of the next ep to come.

Mar 13, 2012 8:04 AM

Jul 2009
I liked this episode, and I like the fact Koyomi is a pervert towards his sisters...still lol. I am looking forward to the next episode, though if they extended the series one more episode, I would nto be as worried about the wrapping up of the ending. Also, that was a bit mean to blow her in half...just a bit mean, and I am for some reason hoping for an OVA...wait...this is SHAFT...I'm not getting it...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2012 8:18 AM
Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
Masaru13th said:
good ep.

its kinda turn me off because tsukihi is not his sister, then whats bout karen?

please have mercy on my weak heart, at least let Karen be his real sister.

i'm tired of fake sibling - fake incestory.

I understand how you feel but they ARE real siblings...plz dont make it seem like all the other anime that have the not blood related "plot twist"

you misunderstood... =.=, i'm supported REAL incestory, and i'm trying to complaining about the "fake tsukihi" thing.

I said it clearly that i want Karen to be his real sister~ ^♥^
Mar 13, 2012 9:47 AM

May 2010
Whoa!! Awesome episode is awesome.

Shinobu and her donuts. <3

And Kaiki!!! LIKE A BOSS!!!

And the last minutes were definitely mind-blowing!!!
Mar 13, 2012 1:21 PM
Dec 2008
OMG so good
its so sad that its the last ep next week...
Mar 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Aug 2011
Donuts on sale really are an important matter. Shinobu was just adorable in this ep!

Last moments were incredible too, this series has flown by too quick...
Mar 14, 2012 4:32 AM
Aug 2011
Top secret information = Mister Donut >_<"
Mar 14, 2012 5:06 AM
Dec 2007
Masaru13th said:
ssjokg said:
Masaru13th said:
good ep.

I understand how you feel but they ARE real siblings...plz dont make it seem like all the other anime that have the not blood related "plot twist"

you misunderstood... =.=, i'm supported REAL incestory, and i'm trying to complaining about the "fake tsukihi" thing.

They are both his real sisters, don't be dumb. She just happens to have something supernatural, just like Hanekawa and her cat. You wouldn't call Naruto a fake baby just because he merged with a fox at childbirth.

Mar 14, 2012 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Masaru13th said:
ssjokg said:
Masaru13th said:
good ep.

They are both his real sisters, don't be dumb. She just happens to have something supernatural, just like Hanekawa and her cat. You wouldn't call Naruto a fake baby just because he merged with a fox at childbirth.

I agree ,Yuzuru is an onmyoji and because of that she probably believes that anything supernatural can't be human and has to be eradicated so she called Tsukihi a fake sister because of that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2012 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome. Finally we're getting some action.
Love the bgm that played when Yotsugi activated her 'Unlimited Rulebook'.
Mar 16, 2012 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
Shinobu was so awesome and cute.

Kaiki probably will help Araragi
or not.
Mar 17, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2011
Kaiki SURPRISE!

So finally Tsukihi's arc is explained this episode but there's just one remaining. They're going to do resolve everything and end this season in just one episode, emmm ok... -.- Looking forwards to seeing how they're going to do that, but also sad about how its just one episode left. :( And there hasn't been a Senjougahara sighting for a while, oh well it ain't about her.

Ahhhhh Shinobu glowing and shining! Mhmm donuts.

sdfsdf said:
Anybody remember last season about groping sisters' breasts?

He would.
Lmfao
Mar 18, 2012 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
OMG how are they going to end this in just 1 more episode!?!?
Mar 18, 2012 2:18 PM
Jul 2010
xMusicMohawk said:
OMG how are they going to end this in just 1 more episode!?!?

They already have.

GO WATCH IT!
Mar 25, 2012 4:19 AM

Jan 2012
tofu doughnuts huh.. i google'd it kaka.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 25, 2012 4:33 AM

Jan 2011
Kaiki eating donuts, that looked really strange.
Araragi's sisters are not real.
Next episode either a lot of talking or a battle, or perhaps both.
But knowing this series I guess none of that will happen.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 26, 2012 12:10 AM

Jul 2007
No one is off limits to Koyomi, not even his sisters or an elementary school girl. This guy is truly dangerous lol

I was stunned when Tsukihi was blown away. I thought Koyomi would intervene before they got her.
Mar 31, 2012 1:03 AM

Aug 2010
Shit is getting real
Apr 7, 2012 8:35 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, we get some precious screentime for the real star of this arc, Tsukihi herself. I guess Karen's gone hanging out with Suruga again. It's surprising to know that both sisters have boyfriends already, I wonder what they think of their brother's girlfriend, if they know about her. Shinobu gets to go all out on the donut concession that Koyomi allowed her. Deishuu got a bit of payback by taking Koyomi's wallet in exchange for information.

That last part was pretty intense. They killed Tsukihi right off the bat, though the impact of it was lost on me after all the hints we've been getting. Heck, this arc is named Tsukihi Phoenix. This was the first time I've ever seen Koyomi go berserk with what probably was all he had as a partial vampire. As expected of a partial vampire though, he failed to do anything significant. Also the first time in the anime adaptations that I saw somebody ever refer to Shinobu by her original name.
Apr 11, 2012 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode. I'd say my favorite of the series, unless the last one tops it. Quite the intense ending, as people have said already. The music really added to the intensity.
Jun 4, 2012 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
Shinobu was adorable with her donuts haha.

The last part was intense with all that was going on. I didn't expect Tsukihi to be half blown off like that.
Jun 26, 2012 9:40 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, wasn't expecting that. Loved the episode.
Jul 14, 2012 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
How hilarious that the star of this arc should get only 2 episodes of screen time.
Aug 4, 2012 6:49 PM

May 2012
Well that was a big plot twist! Lovely episode though but well let's go watch the final one!
Aug 26, 2012 3:07 PM

Aug 2012
Loved the donut enjoyment of kawai-Shinobu <3 I can never get enough of her.
Kaiki was badass as ever :D Glad to see him some more. He was way more likable in that episode as well.
And we learned that his sister is a fake and immortal, I think that was said before so I was not too much surprised. Sadly only one episode left :(
5/5

Dec 4, 2012 1:40 AM

Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Well I am damn happy Tsukihi got loads of screen time. However with Araragi’s face in the following,

Along with what he did to Tsukihi in the spoiler
with a lame reasoning of all things to touch her breast because he felt like it? Now I really felt like FALCON PUNCHING him there. WTF is that attitude. I question him more and more of his personal messed up social life.

Araragi on top of that knows that Karen and Tsukihi has boyfriends. Well there sure spoon brain induce the Araragi is a Pedo/Incest Brother/Does not give a fuck how many girls he has as long as he can have sex/therefore not faithful. Wow despite all the flaws of Araragi, there is still good in him….so I find that really let’s say fucked up about him about already being screwed over with dealing half vampire shit in him and half human instinct intermingled in his body.

And no I don’t take what he did Tsukihi by touching her breast. There was nothing funny in it it was sexual more than anything. May edit later.

BTW GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=412487
There are some signatures of Araragi when she goes crazy.

Yes! I screening every single post from the number 1 just so that I could find this! This is it! I know I can still have faith in humanity and the pureness of human heart and the ability to think logically by seeing this post.. Ah. Thank you so much Yumekichi11!
We've got the same opinion about how screwed up Koyomi's attitude and mind is. I could say Nisemonogatari give me different opinion about Koyomi than Bakemonogatari did.
It's hard to tolerate that, how come he could stripped Tsukihi so easily like that, just so that he could see the scar?! WTF!? then, then.. FUK, I'm so pissed yet confused! He then touch her breast like it was nothing, like it was a normal think to do! Also with that lame excuse!
If you gonna give him Falcon Punch then please allow me to finished him with Rider Kick for good! Damn it!

If you ask why I give response like this, it's because she is her sister! And because she is her sister that kind of reasoning he gave rage me. Plus that expression he had in his face while doing that, so damn plain! He doesn't feel anything. He just sexually harassed her sister but he did it with that plain expression! It's like you rape someone without feeling anything. Not feel happy nor sad, not feel guilty nor pleased. Shiiiitttt!!!!

Last is ...
kusushi said:
this...

LIAR! USO DA!

.. Fuuh~ I think I already throw most of it..
Dec 4, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty interesting twist there. It was cool to see Koyomi go absolutely apeshit there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 10, 2012 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
Aw man, I wanted to see Shinobu kick their asses, but I guess she isn't as strong as I thought she was if that was a bluff D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 1, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
You know, I refuse to defend this show. But dangit if I don't love it, quirks and all.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Mar 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Yumekichi11 said:
You guys something is not computing in me to understand in this episode.

If Tsukihi is possessed How The Fuck is she a supernatural creature when to be possessed you must be first a human being. That would mean Tsukihi is not a fake person but real just possessed by the Phoenix. That being said it makes no sense in calling her a supernatural creature less someone fuck up the subs.

Either Tsukihi is a human that is possessed or she is Phoenix under human appearance. So which one is it?

A theory, but its possible she got possessed before she was born, it would explain a few things. So to answer your question "technically" a human possessed, but at the same time i highly doubt that its removable meaning she is stuck with condition. If she was mixed in with the phoenix while still in the womb, it would also explain why she still looks like Araragi and such because she "is" his sister, just mixed in with a phoenix making her immortal.

reminds me of kurama from yu yu hakusho. he was a demon possessing an unborn baby as well, but he remembered being a demon though.
Mar 21, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
Damn I expected Koyomi to go full vampire for that moment...
Mar 26, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Those bitches should just die for hurting Tsukihi, I don't care who/what she is.
I really hoped that Araragi and Shinobu would attack them :/ I hope it will happen in the next episode at least.
I wonder if 1 episode will be enough to close this arc (which was pretty much only two episodes unfortunately).

Shinobu was great as always.
Mar 30, 2013 10:00 PM
Jan 2012
The onmyouji and her shikigami are so annoying.

I wonder, where is the real Tsukihi? Or there was never a real one, to begin with? Ah, I love Shinobu's voice, she speaks so so calmly.
Apr 23, 2013 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
What a twist :o
May 11, 2013 6:52 AM
Aug 2011
Elfuun said:
The onmyouji and her shikigami are so annoying.

I wonder, where is the real Tsukihi? Or there was never a real one, to begin with? Ah, I love Shinobu's voice, she speaks so so calmly.

They said phoenix has "possessed" her. That means she isn't anywhere else.
May 22, 2013 8:45 PM
Apr 2013
Tsukihi getting blown to bits by that little girl was INSAAAANE! Like almost plot twist level insane. I totally thought she was BBQ at that point until the story throws another curveball; she's not his sister but rather an immortal regenerating pheonix. HOLY SHI-JUST WHAT!?! Can't wait for next episode.
Jun 7, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
lol its so funny when koyomi say "puyo puyo puyo puyo" XD

btw love when shinobu eating donuts and when araragi see kaiki behind him.. lol ;D

btw anyone know the soundtrack when shinobu eating donut? in violin? if someone know it pm yeah.. because I love it so much
Jun 28, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2010
Yes! I was hoping that Kaiki would return (or not leave at all, I don't believe a word he says, including the stuff about the person who tried to rape Senjougahara), and the execution of the scene was fantastic. Another thing that I liked about that particular scene is that during one of the shots, Araragi has the same look on his face that Senjougahara had during episode 7 while facing off Kaiki. The little things...

And when I thought this episode couldn't get any better...SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT! You and your OPs/EDs...Araragi going apeshit was a great moment, it's a pity he couldn't really do anything. Understandable, given his condition and values, but I wouldn't have minded seeing him rip Yotsugi to shreds.

Probably one of the best episodes of the season 5/5.
Jul 11, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
Shinobu was epic
Jul 17, 2013 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
I was shocked the first time I watched this
Jul 18, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2013
Shinobu and donuts :3

Can't believe that Tsukihi is a fake :(
Aug 23, 2013 2:51 PM

Jun 2010
My mouth is busted wide only monogatari series can leave me like this with only dialog
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 30, 2013 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Finally we get to see Tsukihi in her own fucking arc. And she was damn great too, her speech about being too easily influenced by those around her was much more relatable than anything Karen said or did.

Kaiki music is so fantastic. This entire episode had immaculate use of music.
tfw Ononoki actually posed for her "I said with a posed look".
Not a huge fan of Shinobu acting like a little kid around donuts.
Love the fact that the show is milking the "Nisemono" concept, it's soooo good.
Dec 23, 2013 6:16 PM
Nov 2013
Kaiki scene was great, and i didn't see any of this Tsuhiki business coming. Her getting blown in half caught me a little of guard too. I will say that Koyomi's somewhat composed reaction after his little rage-fail was not very believable, but i did like the episode. One more to go.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

759 by MarioGameRap »»
Jun 9, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

349 by Iamthewalrus8002 »»
May 23, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 4, 2012

221 by eblf2013 »»
May 10, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 28, 2012

415 by otakuweek »»
May 2, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

324 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 28, 9:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.