Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2023 1:44 AM

Apr 2012
ManWild said:
Thank You!! @RobertBobert

and thank you to all the Elves and to those who made this event possible
Thank you! I was afraid that I had drawn up the recommendation somehow incorrectly or that it would not work.
Jan 9, 2023 1:46 AM
Jul 2020
I got interested in anime from mid 2020 (around May or June). And the anime that i firstly watched at that time is "Another" (Horror, mystery, supernatural). After watching this anime, I'm going to feel interested to watch more animes. In the next 3 months I've watched more than a hundred anime (really addicted to anime at the time). I went through my daily routine by online class and watching anime after it, more and more day by day.

Until winter 2022 when AoT final season part 2 aired, my interest in anime greatly reduced, idk what this is caused by. I feel anxious about this and don't know why (ngl my life feels a little boring). I think it's like i have to find interest in anime one more time

MAL informed me from email about this event, and join on it, thanks to all moderators!

And big thanks to my secret santa @BlakexEkalb for the anime recommendation and thanks so much for your effort to other recipients who got the same "problem" as me. I watched 2 of 3 animes that you rec. Summertime Render and Link Click very interesting on me, the story is masterpiece, mistery supernatural and time travel. I hope your anime recommendation can raise my interest in anime again.

My best regards!

It's good to joined this event and I'm glad became a part of this community, for real(⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)
Jan 9, 2023 1:49 AM

Sep 2015
As always I had lots of fun with this event, thank you, guys, so much for making this possible :') 

"No Gods or Kings only, Man"
Jan 9, 2023 1:50 AM

Mar 2022
@FakeyJakey
Thanks a lot for your present! I'm watching Takt Op now and can definitely tell you have read what I've been looking for. I might score it 6-7 but don't think that it's a bad anime and I didn't like it or something. Might be a wrong timing or little things in the anime but recommendation was great and I really appreciate you taking your time and sending your recommendation. Wish you a great year! :)

Huge thanks to elves as well for all your hard work! Wish you all a great year!

Jan 9, 2023 1:53 AM

Feb 2021
I don't get why I didn't get a badge, was it because I only did anime recommendation?
My Candies:
Jan 9, 2023 1:54 AM

Sep 2020
Thanks a lot @Foxyclaws for the awesome recommendations. I'm sorry I've been terribly busy these days so I didn't have a lot of time so I couldn't finish any of the manga you recommended, but I started reading Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha and so far I'm loving it! I finished reading vol 4 last night and will start vol 5 today, this kind of lighthearted romance is right up my alley and the magical theme just adds all the more fun to it. I'll definitely read all three Manga you recommended when I get the time, I started with this one cuz it was the shortest one and I wanted to have some feedback for you when the Santas would've been revealed.

Oh and I think it's a little late for this but Happy New Year! Hope you have a great 2023! Thanks again for the recs!
Jan 9, 2023 2:03 AM

Nov 2016
Thank you so much to all the elves for hosting and to everyone participating, especially my Secret Santas!!!

Shuuka said:
I also hope @Reddu likes the image I made also; was my first time with dark gfx >.<

Thank you so much for the signature! I really love how it looks!! I've never tried dark gfx either but I think for a first attempt you did pretty amazingly~

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Jan 9, 2023 2:03 AM

Dec 2020
A big thank you to my secret Santa @Ayeohmy and to all the elves who worked hard to make this challenge fun and such a success! Look forward to next year’s secret Santa!!!!
Be who you want to be not who others want to see
Jan 9, 2023 2:10 AM

Sep 2019
Thank you @HighG for your recommendations I'm gonna watch them as faster as I can and hope you'll have a good year. This event was funny I can't wait for the next time!
DeltalphaJan 9, 2023 2:25 AM
Jan 9, 2023 2:12 AM

Mar 2010
@tl_dr @alinaokumura
Thank you so much for recommending me several recommendations. I have sadly not finished them but I am really happy of all the time and effort you both spent finding my recommendations while also writing very long explanations of why I would enjoy each one!!

I have started Amnesia first seeing as it was the shortest but was not able to finish in time for the reveal due to work and the new seasonals but I am really looking forward to watching my all my recs because of how you explained everything, thank you tl_dr!!

Thank you alinaokumura, I have completed strange dragon and slowly reading Houkago Hokenshitsu which seems interesting so far! Strange dragon was a nice read and I hope we get to read the last two chapters someday :( Thank you, it revive my love for shoujo which I have sadly not been able to read lately. It is also nice to hear from a stardew valley fan!!

@-koolkid

Thank you -koolaid for such a lovely forum set!!! I was so happy to see my gift so thank you very much!! I also already had several people share the joy of my forum set already complimenting the forum set already on my profile!!

Thank you all three of you and I hope you all have a amazing 2023!!

Thank you to all my elf friends and moderators who made my holidays another amazing year:D
Jan 9, 2023 2:15 AM

Feb 2022
Thanks  a lot to all the elves  for your hard work , the recommendations are great  
Jan 9, 2023 2:19 AM

May 2020
@MickHeal | @damnshades | @Shinah
Thank you all for your gifs, still have to try your recommendations I seriously didn't have enough time for it, but I'll make sure to see them soon enough eventually so regardless of what I'll think I appreciate you tried ^^ have a nice day!

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Jan 9, 2023 2:20 AM

Mar 2017
Arerumi said:
Thanks a lot @Foxyclaws for the awesome recommendations. I'm sorry I've been terribly busy these days so I didn't have a lot of time so I couldn't finish any of the manga you recommended, but I started reading Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha and so far I'm loving it! I finished reading vol 4 last night and will start vol 5 today, this kind of lighthearted romance is right up my alley and the magical theme just adds all the more fun to it. I'll definitely read all three Manga you recommended when I get the time, I started with this one cuz it was the shortest one and I wanted to have some feedback for you when the Santas would've been revealed.

Oh and I think it's a little late for this but Happy New Year! Hope you have a great 2023! Thanks again for the recs!

I´m glad you like Inari Konkon :D Have a nice year 2023 and if you would like to talk about recommendations or other manga send me a message. 
Jan 9, 2023 2:22 AM

Feb 2016
Thank you to the elves for putting on a very fun event! I will definitely be joining again next year.

To my Santa @TrildTheHai, thank you for the recommendation :D I'd actually heard of it before and seen a few episodes of it, but completely forgotten about it (hence why I had never put it on my list, haha). It was nice to give it a second look, I'm enjoying it so far. You made a very good choice!
Jan 9, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2022
@FlameBlossom Thanks for your gift! I really enjoyed Hakubo. I will check out other anime pretty soon!

Also, Thank you elves for all of your hard work and making this event possible!
Jan 9, 2023 2:24 AM
May 2020
@exorin
Sup mate, hope you are having a nice enjoyable day, huge thanks for the gifts that you sent out, i actually watched both of the recommended shows, and while i didn't think that any of them would be anything "exceptional", the actual experience during the watching was completely different.

I found the first one to be super sweet and fairly refreshing with how the main lead felt, and despite all of the "little" mishaps it had during its run, it was surprisingly fun in overall, and as you've mentioned i payed a little more attention to the Ost's which tbh sounded much better than it probably should've haha,

The second show however was a complete phenomenon to me, while i think that the first one was surprisingly fun and had a good time with it in general, Acca:13 was a series i genuinely didn't expect to be this good, i loved how all the little details that seemed absolutely irrelevant at the beginning were then connecting into the main story giving more substance and sense to all of the events/characters, what i also loved is how freaking Chill and Vibey it felt during those moments where our protagonist just goes from one place to another.

Once again thanks, and i wish you all the best, even despite not knowing me you really nailed the recommendations :)
Jan 9, 2023 2:34 AM

Nov 2019
Thank you very much, @KatOtaku for the recommendation!
I have yet to finish it of course, since it is rather long, but I love it so far. It kinda has that nostalgic feeling for me because I watched similar animes when I was new to anime, but I like it as much or even more than those. The characters are so cute and loveable (well, some of them xd), I wonder if there will be any romance. It looks like you put a lot of effort into this gift (you even checked my ptw) so I'm very grateful.
This was my first time participating in this event and I had a lot of fun. Big thanks to the elves!
Jan 9, 2023 2:37 AM
Jul 2022
This event was so much fun! I got to meet some really nice people and got an awesome recommendation

Hats off to the elves for all their hard work this season! Honestly couldn't be more grateful (❁´◡`❁)

That being said, Happy New Year to you all and have a great year ahead!! :D
Jan 9, 2023 2:40 AM

Jan 2020
Thank You to DC27 & Foxyclaws for the gift
Jan 9, 2023 2:54 AM

Jan 2015
Lots and lots of thanks to @Calabre006 for very interesting recommendations! I only had time to watch one episode of Pet Shop of Horrors but I enjoyed it a lot. Many thanks <3
Jan 9, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2014
Thank you Santa & the Elves for the work on this chaotic event. I imagine every year will lead to more and more applicants so the event will probably require some changes at some point to keep the volunteers relatively sane ^^

And thank you to @Tenjochanx3 for my anime recommendation. I can definitely see the similarities with the other show and while the series ended up in a weird spot, it did make me consider reading the manga for once to see how the story actually ends :)
2023:
2022:
2021:

Jan 9, 2023 3:02 AM

Aug 2020
Thank you so much for all the work you put into this event!

@along02 Thank you for the great recs - New Game! was hysterical and what I've seen of Hanayamata has been very good as well.
Valvarush! Tune Up! Madwheel!
Entry. Armed Arrow. Ready, fight!
Lock on! Soiya! Orange Arms! Hanamichi on stage!
Drive: Type Speed!
Valvarush! Tune Up! Madwheel!
Are you ready? Wake up burning! Get Cross-Z Dragon! Yeah!
Cure Up RaPaPa! Dia! Miracle Magical Jewelryle! Our Miracle! Cure Miracle! Our Magic! Cure Magical! Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!
Jan 9, 2023 3:05 AM

Mar 2021
Thank you @ggragoose for the recommendations! I had a great time watching White Album 2. Haven't found the time to watch Mushishi yet but I'm already looking forward to it.
Hope you'll have a good year!

Also big thanks to the Elves and everyone that contributed to this event!

Jan 9, 2023 3:08 AM

Jan 2021
Thanks for hosting this event, and a big thanks to the elves who have put a lot of work into this event. You did a great job. We appreciate that!

I don't know if secret santa is an event that is being held every year but this was my first time joining it and I would love to join again for the next year. It was so much fun to prepare a gift for my recipient and wait for my own gift from the Santa.

And my dear Santa, @starii_ , thank you for all the efforts and time that you have put into my gift. I have heard of Fate universe before but I was completely confused about where to start. Now thanks to you, this interesting universe does not seem intimidating anymore! Unfortunately, I could not have taken a look yet as I am quite busy with my studies but I will watch it as soon as I am available! Thank you once again. I really appreaciate it.

May you have a wonderful year everyone. Let's meet again next year! Take care.

Jan 9, 2023 3:10 AM

Apr 2022
Huge thanks to the elves for running a great Secret Santa!

@StrikerDash31 thanks for the recommendations! I'm enjoying Steins; Gate so far and decided to start reading Demon Slayer, 40 chapters deep and I'm loving it!
Jan 9, 2023 3:14 AM

May 2021
Thank you to all the Elves and Secret Santas for their efforts in this event! :))

I'd also like to thank @KyoteKy for the nice recommendations! 

Jan 9, 2023 3:16 AM
Jun 2015
Hi @Naturdays ! Thanks a lot for finally giving me the much needed boost to get into the Natsume Yuujinchou Series. I've been enjoying the first 6eps from the first season, and I do hope that the series will keep up the same relaxing vibes that I've experienced so far.
Jan 9, 2023 3:32 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Thank you so much everyone for another great event! Thanks to all my fellow elves for making it more fun during the stressful days - I would have lost my mind without a lot of you lol Thanks to all the team leaders and head elves for taking care of us <3 And of course, thanks to all participants~

I hope to see you all again next year!

Now to get to my own Santas:

@Purple_Owl Thanks a lot for your recommendations! I only watched Re-Main so far since it surely was what I was looking for; and it was really good, I enjoyed it a lot <3 I came for the boys and stayed for... well, the boys lmao But the story was also more interesting than I would have thought! Great Pretender definitely doesn't look like it's something you watch because of attractive characters, but it does seem to have a very interesting premise, so I'm really looking forward to it. Also looking forward to Horimiya. (Aaaand of course @ferrepls thank you so much for the little extra, childcare + hot boys? That's just the best combination, haha. I started watching it and will finish it soon, you get better feedback after that. My guess about you being the elf who wrote my side rec was right ohohoho (✿◕‿◕✿))

@-Absynthe- Thank you so much for your great recs! I've read Tokidoki and Once Again so far and they were amazing, especially Once Again hit me hard ;-; I said I wanted to cry and you did deliver for sure, so thank you for hitting the nail on the head! About "I want to eat your pancreas": I'll definitely read it, but funnily enough, I got the movie BD as a christmas gift from a friend - what are the odds? lmao! So I think I'll watch the anime first and then read the manga. But still, very happy (is that the right word for your gift, tho?) about your recs, so thanks a lot (●'◡'●)

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 9, 2023 3:35 AM
Nov 2021
Thanks @Aryan422 and to Elf-hime!
Jan 9, 2023 3:37 AM
Oct 2022
@host_ thanks for the recommendation, I could tell you put some effort into it, I went with Usagi Drop and let me say it is exactly what I was looking for I only watched the first 5 episode (currently in college exam period) but it is sooo wholesome and childish but also hits right in the feels (ᅲ﹏ᅲ ), I'm enjoying it very much so far and it went directly to my favourites, so i hope yours was good as well and have a good day/year.

p.s I've been into anime for about 4 year (still new to MAL tho) and while I like to take my time with shows it's still crazy that your completed list is bigger than mine in less than a year XD
Ravenclaw690Jan 9, 2023 4:01 AM
Jan 9, 2023 3:46 AM
Jun 2022
@Username Thank you so much for the set!
Jan 9, 2023 3:46 AM
Jun 2022
Barrycade said:
@NoblesseEssentia thankyou so much for the suisei forum set!!
You're welcome.
Jan 9, 2023 3:48 AM

Aug 2020
To my Santa @SuperComicGeek, thanks for the recommendation! I stuck myself right at first and I liked it. Thanks!

And to my recipient @Yava_01, I hope you enjoyed it. It's one of my favorite animes!

Thanks for the event! I liked it a lot!
rPanchamJan 9, 2023 4:00 AM

Jan 9, 2023 3:49 AM

Jun 2020
Thank you @Nesquikscope for the recommendation, yet to start them but they've all been on my radar for a long time so I'll definitely start them soon ^^

My Candies:

Jan 9, 2023 3:57 AM

Apr 2021
Thank you so much @Jehan5000 . I can'twait to read manga you recommend me.  
Jan 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Aug 2022
Ravenclaw690 said:
@host_ thanks for the recommendation, I could tell you put some effort into it, I went with Usagi Drop and let me say it is exactly what I was looking for I only watched the first 5 episode (currently in college exam period) but it is sooo wholesome and childish but also hits right in the feels (ᅲ﹏ᅲ ), I'm enjoying it very much so far and it went directly to my favourites, so i hope yours was good as well and have a good day/year.

p.s I've been into anime for about 4 year (still new to MAL tho) and while I like to take my time with shows it's still crazy that your completed list is bigger than mine in less than a year XD
Glad you enjoyed it man. :)

Yeah, sometimes I have big binge phases, same with regular tv-shows. Now I'm in my slow-watching-hibernation phase.
Jan 9, 2023 4:14 AM
Jun 2022
AudreyNichols said:
Google pays for every Person every hour online working from home. I have received $23K this month easily and I earn $5K to $8K on the internet. Every Person joins this work easily by just opening this website and following instructions…

https://bitly.lc/984tq
How intriguing.
Jan 9, 2023 4:15 AM

Oct 2016
Thank you @Boggante for your thoughtful recommendations :) I started watching Golden Kamuy and I'm really enjoying it so far!
Jan 9, 2023 4:23 AM

Sep 2015
Appreciate all the elves who worked during the holiday season to make this event possible, ty 🙂

Also, thanks @Alder8 for the recommendations, I've finished Made in Abyss & Hinamatsuri so far which were both pretty engaging watches from EP 1. Hope you got some nice recommendations on your end too 🎁
Jan 9, 2023 4:24 AM

Jun 2021
Thank You @NekoKara for the gift..
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jan 9, 2023 4:24 AM

Aug 2017

Thank you so much for this beautiful event and thanks to my Santa!

Jan 9, 2023 4:30 AM

Feb 2009
Thank you everyone!! It was really fun.
I plan to join this year again ^^/
Jan 9, 2023 4:30 AM
Jan 2016
Thanks for the event, I hope my gift recipients liked or will like my gifts!

And a thank you to @RyanJun and @shubh_kun for the gifts! I enjoyed Gyo and it was a quick read, but it got a little too disturbing for my tastes (as expected of Junji Itou). Also Blood on the Tracks has been on my radar for a while now, but I'll probably read it when it finishes and I'll read Aku no Hana somewhere in the next few months.

As for my anime gift Haganai, I have only watched 2 episodes so far (sorry I'm a slow watcher), but I already know I will like it a lot!

Jan 9, 2023 4:31 AM

Feb 2021
Hi, this was my first Mal Secret Santa event and although it was hard to find a good Anime for my receiver, it was a really fun event (and I also like tough challenges) : D

And I want to thank everyone who made another amazing event be possible ;3

Hi @peaskeeper, I want to thank you for the Anime you recommended me in this MAL Secret Santa, World Trigger.

Although I have seen only 3 episodes so far, the Anime is very interesting and I will definitely continue to watch it :3
Thanks a lot for the great recommendation and Happy Secret Santa :P
:3

Jan 9, 2023 4:33 AM

May 2014

Thanks to all the elves and event managers! I hope you all can rest and hydrate a lot!
Also, a big thanks to @Shinah, who was my elf help with my gift! ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Happy New Year to everyone! (๑òᆺó๑)
Jan 9, 2023 4:35 AM
Jul 2019
thanks u all
elf-tama too
merry xmas and happy new year
love u
Jan 9, 2023 4:41 AM
Nov 2020
thanks for the event! see you soon!
Jan 9, 2023 4:50 AM
Mar 2014
A thank you to my Secret Santa @beeamo, the recommendation matched pretty much all my interests, even the ones I didn't mention!
Jan 9, 2023 4:54 AM

Mar 2017
George11gr said:
Thank you Foxyclaws for all of your recommendations. I have started and finished your first recommendation Jigokuraku and it is now one of my all time favourite mangas, I'm very glad you recommended it to me giving me the opportunity to read something so good. I have also started your second recommendation Mairimashita! Iruma-kun which even though I haven't read much of yet I am quite enjoying. So thank you for all the effort you put into your recommendations.
I´m glad you like both Jigokuraku and Iruma :D
Jan 9, 2023 4:58 AM

Aug 2016
thank you both for the recommendations and the gifts hope you have a nice year @iirayuki @SaintZeph
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (May 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

0 by KarenShirotori »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Apr 29, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.