Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 12, 2023 8:18 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Sherry was really feeling the heat of love when eating those chocolates and thinking about Cid huh?
Even when you have a MC doing everything to avoid any attention, them bitches cant stops falling from him!
Feb 7, 2023 9:06 AM
Oct 2019
i could really do without the sexualized chocolate eating scenes. multiple. just trashy and unnecessary. add zero to the enjoyment of the show or its plot

mc is a moron. how's he think surviving a beating makes him a background character? it'll make him stand out even more, and he'll even garner the respect of some folks. also, no way he can be a background character now that he's just protected that student body prez
Feb 10, 2023 12:41 AM

Jan 2017
I really don't understand how Cid's mind works sometimes. For a "I'm gonna be the background character through and through!" mentality he does things which broke that mantra like the "never giving up" and "saving the heroine" schtick
Feb 15, 2023 11:14 AM

Sep 2009
Well, at least there was some character building and I actually like the class president. Plus the entire terrorist thing looks potentially interesting.
Feb 17, 2023 4:26 AM

Feb 2014
For some trying to pass as an NPC, MC has been doing a lot of things to steal the thunder.
Feb 17, 2023 6:35 AM

Sep 2018
curvedtree said:
For some trying to pass as an NPC, MC has been doing a lot of things to steal the thunder.

This is one of the main running gags of the show. You won't be surprised to hear, it's still happening all the way to the end.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 17, 2023 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
borderliner said:
curvedtree said:

This is one of the main running gags of the show. You won't be surprised to hear, it's still happening all the way to the end.

I have weird feelings about it, on one hand it annoys me this stance, on the other it is kinda like stupid fun
Feb 17, 2023 7:06 AM

Sep 2018
curvedtree said:
borderliner said:

I have weird feelings about it, on one hand it annoys me this stance, on the other it is kinda like stupid fun

Stupid fun is where this show is at :-)

Feb 17, 2023 9:20 AM
Nov 2022
DAMN SON DO THAT AGAIN
Feb 20, 2023 9:17 AM
Mar 2019
I still have no idea whether this is a game setting or a real world.
Hope it doesn't turn into a Harem, as it seems to be going that way.
Feb 20, 2023 10:48 AM

Sep 2018
It plays around with the harem trope (of course) but it's not that type of show.

Feb 25, 2023 3:26 AM

May 2020
Dang, his 48 techniques 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. I wonder if I should laugh or cry at this. 

Damn, without magic, he lost control of his emotions and took the attack in front of everyone. Now, things are going to be hard to hide. 
Mar 10, 2023 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
Cid is quite the actor lol
Mar 15, 2023 2:38 AM

Feb 2021
He must be just acting again XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 16, 2023 4:54 AM

Dec 2013
It's amazing how oblivious Cid can often be to what's happening around him.
Mar 18, 2023 6:26 PM

Feb 2012
alexia continues to be the highlight of the episode. and she likes black coffee! stan.

cid only gets to practice 14(?) of his 47 techniques. no dude you are acting like shounen protagonist your are going to gain subscriber!

pink hair’s dad is the masked man i guarantee it.

also hate the lip paraphilia like cut it out. >:/ gross
Apr 6, 2023 7:57 PM
Jul 2022
Episode 7 is comedy gold and the reason for my 9/10 rating. It was worth the first 6 episodes to watch.
Apr 17, 2023 6:51 PM
Aug 2022
I think it's the best transposition of a human being into a parallel world after his death. In other words, in my opinion as isekai it is beautifully developed, both as a story and as a humor and I can't wait to see a new season of this magnificent character and his entourage. Congratulations to all the staff!
Apr 22, 2023 5:06 PM
Aug 2018
It was ok ep pink girl is whatever so far and I think father evil
Apr 26, 2023 7:12 AM
Sep 2020
In my opinion, the show is just overhyped. No clear story progression.
The show can be watched subconsciously, but to say it is very entertaining with a good story is an overstatement.
And personally, I don't even know why people love the mc.
Apr 26, 2023 8:02 AM
Aug 2018
RedRiot_Vegeta said:
The show can be watched subconsciously, but to say it is very entertaining with a good story is an overstatement.
u are idiot,it is good anime, if u not like then ignore, u cannot force others to believe u or change others opinion, u cannot force others to drop this,u have no right to interfere
Apr 28, 2023 8:01 PM
Nov 2010
Sherry's so adorable >.< The fact that she went to go see Alexia with the little bouncing cowlick lol. I feel bad for Alexia tho She was sooo mad.
Apr 28, 2023 8:34 PM
Aug 2018
yngtadpole said:
Sherry's so adorable >.< The fact that she went to go see Alexia with the little bouncing cowlick lol. I feel bad for Alexia tho She was sooo mad.
it is great anime,not so bad
May 7, 2023 2:30 PM
Apr 2018
The end has a cliffhanger which is quite interesting, we also see a rivalry brewing between Sherry (the pink hair girl) and Alexia (white hair) although Sherry is unaware. I almost forgot why Alexia likes Cid but then I remembered its because he was the first person to say that they like her sword style
May 13, 2023 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
Sayan_Pal said:
RedRiot_Vegeta said:
u are idiot,it is good anime, if u not like then ignore, u cannot force others to believe u or change others opinion, u cannot force others to drop this,u have no right to interfere
hes total moron writes same sh each ep discussion lol

he has giant hate boner lol 
May 13, 2023 3:15 AM
Aug 2018
Sugram22 said:
Sayan_Pal said:

i just state my opinion
May 13, 2023 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
Sayan_Pal said:
Sugram22 said:

i just state my opinion
did same about him

cause normal person would just write it once and drop the series and move on but he doesn't 

May 13, 2023 8:58 AM
Aug 2018
Sugram22 said:
Sayan_Pal said:
i just state my opinion
did same about him

cause normal person would just write it once and drop the series and move on but he doesn't 

ok but he say he donot know why people love this anime that mean he donot like other like it so he force others
May 16, 2023 11:51 AM

May 2015
This time it was dark knight-kun, not truck-kun!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 21, 2023 9:33 AM
Jun 2017
pathetic so speechless
Jul 26, 2023 9:06 AM

Apr 2021
Was I supposed to be shocked or laughing? I mean it's Cid man. Anyways I guess more battles are gonna be unfolding in the coming episodes.
Sep 27, 2023 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
Wow! Is this for real? Or did he decide to stage his death to cover up his missteps?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 16, 2023 6:12 AM
Oct 2023
all of thses episodes were so good this so is a pure masterpiece
Nov 15, 2023 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
I was wondering how he would lose that match against the blonde girl and I was not disappointed. Though it looked like he lost the same way every time, what the heck? xD
Nov 18, 2023 8:21 AM
Oct 2018
Excellent graphics and character design. Incoherent story and schizophrenic dialogues.
Jan 1, 6:22 AM
Jan 2014
cringe and mc pretending to be weak and idiotic is so annoying to watch
Feb 4, 3:30 PM

Dec 2022
Cid is one determined dude and pretty sure the blood loss from every time he lost his footing to Rose was kinda too much? LMAO

Ugh that cliffhanger sure got me cliffin for the next episode :)

Mar 1, 9:04 PM
Feb 2024
Why did Cid jump in? I thought he was trying to be a background character.
Mar 24, 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
Wow he really loves the be punished :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 13, 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
I really want to like this show but after just watching overlord season 4 like one week before this I just can't stand this type of humor. The ''i have no idea what im talking about but my underlings think im brilliant (even the voice change)''. The worst part he is actually smart so he should notice it

not to mention that his obsession with being a background character is just super annoying because slapstick comedy just doesn't fit the show but they are trying to fit in every few seconds and it just gets super old. It's a shame, if the main character was actually serious this show could have been fun but I just can't stand it
removed-userApr 13, 3:52 PM
May 8, 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
Gahhdamn, that sword fight by ROse was something else sheeshingly
May 26, 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Cid is doing a lot of unnecessary stupid theatrics for someone who wants to be an obscure background character but I guess this show would be boring otherwise.
Jun 19, 12:01 AM

Nov 2019
I know Cid didn't want to attract attention but it seems like he attracted two female students' attention with his persistency. Sherry got his attention and they exchange gifts. She feels like a character that will grow close to Cid - like very close clingy and attached. Episode was good though, I liked how Cid just throws away his public character in order to preserve his real character. The knights of the round table target the academy yet again and that episode ending was a massive surprise

Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
God, Cid is so damn dense, he gave Sherry a chocolate, not considering the consequences (Both the potential of her having feelings for him AND the fact that her father is an important researcher, a named figure he doesn't want to interact with). And now he's gotta deal with Sherry's growing affection for him and having to interact with her father. Hold on, I'm not done, Cid is so damn dense he doesn't realize he's giving out orders unintentionally to his subordinates, but the worst, most inexplicably densest thing about him is not realizing the reality that goes on around him.

It's so ironic that the Leader of a clandestine Shadow Garden organization with an extensive information-sharing network is the MOST out of touch with the truth. And neither he nor his subordinates realize it since for some reason, all his impulsive and random actions always lead to success in some particular task.

Want more proof that Cid is a dense dumbass? Sure lol...
He's so focused on trying out his various practised moves to lose against Oriana in their duel, that he forgot or simply ignores that A NORMAL HUMAN DONT JUST GET BACK UP OVER AND OVER AGAIN if anything DOING THAT IS THE MOST SHONEN-MAIN CHARACTER THING EVER!!! He ended up bringing himself to Oriana's attention, she even respects him.

The cliffhanger of this episode is superb, nah ofc Cid didn't 'die' but seeing everyone else's reactions was satisfying. Especially Oriana's, here is the junior that put showed unrelenting spiritn during their duel, a junior she respected and now said junior stood lifeless on the ground, bloodied after saving her life. MAIN CHARACTER TYPE SHIT.

Cid's overwhelming power is directly proportional to his perception of reality
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

388 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.